Clomid & OI #122

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
186 replies to this topic

#51 stace_wa

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:57 PM

Tia, how many cycles will you try clomid for before moving on to ivf? Hopefully all a moot point for you and this is your round 😄

#52 Guest_tia44_*

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:36 PM

Well my doctor hasn't really said how many but I'm willing to go to 6, then see what happens . How about yourself?

#53 stace_wa

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:51 PM

I'm going to push for more if my 4th cycle in September doesn't work. I don't want to put myself through the emotional stress for longer than I have to and with "nothing wrong" I'd like to make sure my eggs are ok and we actually get fertilisation happening. Even after over 3 years we still don't know if it's fertilisation or implantation that's going wrong.

#54 kentieness

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:10 AM

Holy freaking crap. I just tested and got a BFP. I can't stop shaking. Going to get an appointment with my GP as soon as they open. OMG. I have no idea when I actually ovulated!?

#55 MarleyS

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:10 AM

Kentieness congrats!!!! What great news! I guess you ovulated later than you thought? I guess you know why AF isn't here. Wow, you will have one of those 'hopeful' stories for ppl who think they didn't ovulate haha. Congratulations!!

A few BFPs lately..... Baby dust to everyone!

#56 Shiv7897

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:17 AM

congrats kentieness! that's fantastic news!!

#57 kentieness

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:12 AM

Marley - My CD21 blood test results showed I hadn't ovulated so there's a nearly 3 week window afterwards in which I could've ovulated, eep! Going to have to wait for an ultrasound to actually find out how far along I am.

Thanks, Shiv. Good luck for your appointment on the 11th, I hope it goes well!

This feels so surreal, I was convinced this cycle was a waste. I'm guessing my body geared up to ovulate around CD14 as normal but because I was so sick it held off then decided to try again over a week later? I have an appointment with a GP at 10am, so hopefully they'll give me a referral for an ultrasound and a blood test.

#58 Shiv7897

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:34 AM

our bodies are weird and wonderful! but so happy for you that it worked - ive heard that sometimes when you're sick you can be more likely to fall pregnant, because you're immune system is lowered, and less likely to fight implantation. who knows?

#59 Guest_tia44_*

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:55 AM

Congrats!!!that's great news all the best. Lots of bfp's yay 😁

Stace- sometimes I think I should just go straight to Ivf, let them do the work If you know what I mean. Maybe my body does something to stuff up that egg meeting sperm process!!

Afm - still no af, due tomorrow, temps still high. Af symptoms have gone. Toilet a lot at night, cannot sleep. Sore bbs and nipples. Massive breakout on face, I'm not sure what's going on! This is quite different to last two cycles.

Will test in the tomorrow morning if no af. Fx

#60 stace_wa

Posted 04 August 2015 - 10:12 AM

Omg Kentiness that's amazing! Congratz!

Sounding good Tia, got my fingers crossed for you 😄

Edited by stace_wa, 04 August 2015 - 01:18 PM.

#61 Tra_#2

Posted 04 August 2015 - 11:10 AM

Congratulations kentininess! What a lovely surprise, how amazing!

Fingers crossed Tia it all sounds very promising. Good luck testing.

All the best to those waiting to test. August is shaping up to be awesome

#62 Tra_#2

Posted 04 August 2015 - 12:09 PM

Congratulations kentininess! What a lovely surprise, how amazing!

Fingers crossed Tia it all sounds very promising. Good luck testing.

All the best to those waiting to test. August is shaping up to be awesome

#63 maybebaby17

Posted 04 August 2015 - 12:25 PM

Wow kentieness what a good news story! So happy for you. Congrats!

Tia... i really hope AF stays away! Fxd

Afm, woke up feeling nauseous this morning but had a temp dip. Now ive started spotting and its only 10dpo. Obviously my luteal phase isnt getting any longer. Feeling like it will never happen. :(

#64 Nene1*

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:17 PM

That's soo awesome kentieness!!! Congratulations!!

Tia- they all sound like positive symptoms!! I have everything crossed for you!!

Maybebaby - I'm sorry for temp dip :( big hugs x

#65 Guest_tia44_*

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:42 PM

Maybebaby, Do you normally feel nauseous when af arrives? Is the spotting bad ? Could it be implantation ?? Just a thought . Fx for you

#66 Guest_tia44_*

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:39 PM

Ok so doctor just called and bloods were really good at 139, that's the highest I have had. He said it sounds promising! But  who knows!

Have to call him by Friday if no af. Fx

#67 maybebaby17

Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:32 PM

Woah Tia, that is so high! Fxd for you!!!

My spotting is only light but its the same ive been getting 2 days before AF for the last two months. Made an appointment to go back to the FS on Thursday. Was originally going to wait til 5 cycles but i am worried that i always seem to start spotting 10dpo... 4 failed cycles now. First one was a CP. I would say AF will be here on Thursday :(

#68 kentieness

Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:43 PM

That's so frustrating, maybebaby :( Have you spoken to your FS about the short luteal phase?

Good luck, tia!

#69 maybebaby17

Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:52 PM

No i havent spoken to him about it. I havent seen him since my second cycle and my first cycle was a CP so didnt really have any 'data'. Last 2 cycles have been 28-29 days with O on CD 17-18 and then this cycle is looking to be about 26 days as I Od earlier on CD15. So basically AF comes 12dpo with very light spotting from 10dpo. Doesnt seem long enough. My FS doesnt really trust temping and opks but its the only way ill be able to convince him. He told be in my very first appointment that everybody's lp is 14 days. Well no its not.

#70 kentieness

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:06 PM

Yeah, clearly that's not the case. Not very helpful! Are you still having acupuncture? So frustrating when our bodies just won't co-operate!

#71 maybebaby17

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:25 PM

Yeah i am. Im really enjoying it. I have a session tonight. I think its helping with clomid side effects. She agrees that i seem to have a lp defect. She gave me some vitex but i didnt end up taking it as im worried how it interacts with clomid. I really dont want to be on clomid much longer but we wont be doing ivf so dont really know what our next steps are. I wonder if i would O on my own after oing on clomid?

#72 Guest_tia44_*

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:38 PM

So fustrating maybebaby! I have actually wondered that same thing about if I took a break next cycle and if I would ovulate on my own. Worth a shot. I would do at least 6 cycles if I were you. I hope your body starts to listen. It's so fustrating!! I will be devo if af rocks up tomorrow!! Ghrrrrr

And not everyone's lp is 14 days! Why he say that. Mine was 19 on my first cycle!!

Fx for you

#73 stace_wa

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:40 PM

Maybebaby, I'm on ovidrel as a leuteal phase support med. I don't know how this affects my normal leuteal phase as I've been using it every round so far and lord knows when or if I was ovulating before treatment. It makes my leuteal phase 14-16 days depending on how close to my trigger shot that I actually ovulate (17 days from trigger) It might be worth looking into more with such a short leuteal phase. Is strange your FS thinks everyone's leuteal phase is 14 days... I hope you can get something working for you and soon. If you're not wanting to be on clomid for too long and not going to ivf, I'd be pushing for some leuteal phase support asap /hugs

Kentiness, how did your appointment go? When do you get results? How exciting!

Tia, that's a massive number! Fx for your testing tomorrow!

#74 kentieness

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:57 PM

maybebaby - I suppose it would depend on why you weren't ovulating in the first place? I know when I first got pregnant my gyno said I might not need Clomid next time because my body might know what to do by itself now... apparently not. If you're not wanting to do IVF maybe try see your FS soon to sort out your luteal phase? I wish we could just see inside our bodies and see what's going on!

stace - my appointment went well :) Had blood tests done so I'll call for the results tomorrow afternoon and I booked in for a dating scan for next Friday the 14th. Might hang out here until I get my results!

#75 Shiv7897

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:25 PM

maybebaby - i heard there's another drug that's similar to clomid that you can try as well, its a bit more sensitive on the ovaries. might be an idea to give you a few more ovulatory cycles, since male factors aren't an issue, and clomid is time limited.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.