Mums doing AC #83

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
139 replies to this topic

#126 ChattyLight

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:23 PM

Ooh Jo, you're at the exciting/nerve wracking time too! Do you intend to do a 3 or 5 day transfer? Glad you are feeling twinges now. Hope you are growing lots of good follicles (though not too many!).

THESMD, I hope all your scans and tests go well and you are good to go with your transfer in August. We also wanted to get moving on trying for our second, though dd is 19 months - I'm not quite sure I would have been ready at 11 months. But dh doesn't want to become a father again after he turns 50 - which is next April, so time is running out now :)

Can't believe that in only 3 sleeps I'll be doing the 2ww again!

#127 Jo.F

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:16 PM

Yes! So exciting after all this time to finally get to the egg collection. My FS only does 4 day transfers so that's what we'll be doing :)

Not long now until your transfer. How exciting :D

#128 THESMD

Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:22 PM

I'm not looking forward to the waiting, worrying and anxiousness that comes with this whole process.. but gotta do what we gotta do, right!  I even hated being pregnant.. and didn't particularly enjoy the newborn stage.... Why am I doing this again!? Lol!  I love being a Mum and I love the stage my little man is at now..  A day doesn't go by without laughing out loud.. he's a little character!

Good luck on your collection on Friday Jo.  It's funny how FS's all have different ways of doing things.

Chatty, good luck on your transfer! :-)

#129 ChattyLight

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:46 PM

So, one hatching blast on board now! So the wait begins. Blood test on the 3rd. I ended up taking the day of work and so dh and I had lunch and went to the movies. Such a nice day!

Good luck with your collection tomorrow Jo! Hope it goes well! Guess we'll be doing the 2ww together :)

THESMD, yes, the waiting and stressing is the worst, isn't it. I didn't mind being pregnant (might be a bit different with a toddler as well), but I also really didn't like the newborn stage either. But 12m+ has been great so far - they are lots of fun at this age, aren't they?

#130 Jo.F

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:09 AM

yay chatty! FX this little one sticks :)

Thanks :) Feeling pretty nervous about tomorrow but hopefully I get a few decent eggs!

#131 ChattyLight

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:04 PM

How did you go today Jo? Hope EPU went well.

#132 Jo.F

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:28 PM

Hey Chatty. I've been meaning to update but I've been camped out on the couch.

We got 4 eggs which I was disappointed with even though in reality it's a good number. I guess with all the waiting to start this cycle and then the down reg and everything I was hoping that just once I'd get 8 or so and I am ashamed to admit I cried a bit in recovery when I saw there were only 4.

But all 4 were mature and have been ICSI'd which really is good so now we wait for fertilisation news tomorrow!

I'm in more pain than i thought I would be with only 4 eggs but I guess the process to retrieve them is the same.

I'll also be having a day 5 transfer which I've never had before so I'm a little bit excited about that. Next Wednesday I'll be joining you in the 2WW :)

#133 ChattyLight

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:10 PM

Hi Jo, sorry about the disappointment you felt with your egg collection. I know that feeling to and have to admit to having a bit of a cry to after my collection - I'd been expecting many more to be collected after they had seen them on the scan the day before. And I know it only takes one, but gee it would be nice to have a few more as insurance.
Have they kept you updated on the fertilisation rate? I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you that they are still doing well and you have one to transfer tomorrow. Day 5 transfers are supposed to be really good now. I think my fs only does them at day 5.

As for me, nothing much to report. I felt some mild cramping over the weekend, when the embryo should in theory been embedding itself, but not much more. I didn't really feel any pregnancy symptoms until week 6 (when the morning sickness kicked in) when I was pregnant with dd, so I don't have much to go by. Did you get any early signs?

Now I'm just trying to decide whether to poas early or not!

#134 Jo.F

Posted 27 June 2017 - 03:09 PM

I feel silly for being disappointed when 4 is better than none but I would love to have 4 or 5 left to freeze afterwards just once.

I haven't heard anything since they told me all 4 fertilise. My clinic doesn't give daily updates but I assume I would get told if none were left so I'm going on the theory of no news is good news. One more sleep!

With DS I had distinct periods of nausea at the same time every day that started in the 2nd week. I know that's awfully early to feel anything though and it's possible I talked myself into it. I didn't get my all day sickness until around week 8ish. I've never had implantation pain or bleeding either even though a lot of women seem to get it. Hopefully that's what your niggling cramping was.

How far off is your BT again? I don't normally POAS but I bought a pile of internet cheapies so i can test out my pregnyl boosters. After last cycle where I got a BFN even after no AF appeared I decided I can't go through that kind of false hope again lol.

#135 ChattyLight

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:13 PM

Hi Jo, I've been thinking of you today, wondering how your transfee went. I hope you had one to transfer and some to spare.

We only ended up with 2 to freeze, which I was very sad about (though 2 is better than 0 I know), but thankfully that was enough.

But I can't believe they don't give you daily updates - the suspense would be terrible! And there is already enough suspense in this whole process!

My blood test is this Monday. Only 5 sleeps! Work keeps me distracted, so I'm not thinking about it too much but I think it will be more in my mind this weekend. I'm still really thinking about testing on Sunday or Monday morning. I've never seen a positive test before. So perhaps I definitely shouldn't test!

#136 Jo.F

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:41 PM

Hey chatty.  Yeah it's stressful not getting updates. Transfer went well thanks. We transferred 2 and they were going to give the other 2 another night to see if they develop but I don't hold out much hope for them unfortunately. So that means this could be my last transfer. Part of me wishes we'd only transferred one this time now that I know we might not have any to freeze but then we wanted to increase our chances of one sticking. Whatever will be, will be I guess.

Oh gosh, not long now!  Try to plan a lot of things on the weekend to keep your mind off it!

#137 ChattyLight

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:33 PM

Jo, I'm glad your transfer went well and you have two safely on board, though I'm sorry that you may not have any more to freeze. I guess you just never know what is the right choice sometimes.

So when do you have your blood test? Hope the time goes fast for you!

#138 Jo.F

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:29 PM

Found out late today that one little embie made it to freeze :D The other one was very poor quality and I'm not surprised it didn't make it but I really didn't think we'd get any so I'm pretty happy tonight :)

BT is on the 10th July - forever away. How are you travelling? Have you had any signs of anything?

#139 ChattyLight

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:36 PM

Ah, that's great news that you got one to freeze! Though hopefully you won't need it any time soon :)

I'm going along ok. I've been feeling mild cramping on and off the past few days. Which I feel in the lead up to AF starting.  But which I also felt before I got my bfp last time. So who knows! But the obsessive checking of my undies for the first sign of af has also started. I'd forgotten about that. I did that throughout most of my pregnancy as I always had it in the back of my mind that I was still going to lose the pregnancy at some point. :/

Time is really starting to drag now, the closer Monday gets! You seem to have a long wait

#140 Jo.F

Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:34 AM

the obsessing checking when you go to the toilet never stops. I still do it now. It's an unfortunate side effect of all the struggles

Anyway, hopefully this will be the one for you and you won't have to worry about that again! I hope the weekend goes quickly for you. Are you going to POAS? Are taking any boosters etc that might give a false positive? I've got pregnyl boosters but my last one is on Monday which is day 5 so I might start testing that out towards the end of next week.

I've got everything crossed for you xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.