Mums doing AC #83

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
139 replies to this topic

#26 pinki

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:14 PM

Cordy- tests in the house! Man you have some strength!! Do let us know if you cheat:)

Guess I didn't think of it as a restart of the cycle. Think that makes sense.. Kicking myself for not insisting on talking to my dr and just taking the pills and info from the nurse..  Fx this is still a go for me..

Kids still on the dummy's and one is co sleeping and the other is still in the cot. Not trying much for potty training.. Or any changes right now. I'm convinced stimming and changes won't go well for any of us!

#27 cordyline

Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:07 PM

Well I tested - its very early but I got a faint :BFP: at 6dp5dt !!!

:excite: :fear:  :excite: :omg2: :excite:

I'm a bit stunned. I was kind of expecting a negative for this first transfer. I'm really excited and I'm already planning and daydreaming but then also I'm terrified of another reflux baby. I'm also really worried that it wont be a sticky one with two IVF miscarriages in the past. Complex emotions.

Not sure what to do with myself. Blood test is still a whole week away?!

Attached File  IMG_3036_zpsoj2xhpra.JPG   206.45K   41 downloads

Edited by cordyline, 20 August 2015 - 03:07 PM.

#28 pinki

Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:23 PM

OMG!!! Congrats!! You just made my day!!!!

IVF does bring on those worries and what ifs but today you just need to hang on to the happiness..
Sending positive vibes your way!!

Do let us know what your number is.. Praying it's a strong one!! A BFP this early surely is a good sign. Maybe they can bring it up closer.

How did you tell DH?

And remember reflux in a bub only last a bit but it's sure worth it in the long run. And your already a pro at it so I'm sure you can handle it!!

So happy for you!!

#29 Keen as mustard

Posted 20 August 2015 - 05:57 PM

Omg Cordy!!! That is such fabulous news!!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this one sticks fast and you can enjoy the continued day dreaming of 8 months ahead of you!

Well done x

#30 pinki

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:04 PM

Just checking in on you Cordy... Hope all is well  xxx

#31 cordyline

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:40 PM

So far so good. I've done three tests in total!! lol and thankfully they keep getting darker BFP each time. Still 3 more days till BT!

I didn't tell DH in any super creative way. I've always imagined fun ways to tell him, but IVF has always made it seem like there are no real surprises. So I just gave DD a little note to give to daddy which said "it worked! mommy has a little monkey in her tummy". He was very happy but had been optimistic and always thought the cycle would work. Lol. We are very different.

Pinki How's the cycle reset going?

Keen as mustard -hope you are swanning through your 2ww without obsessing too much. Any signs either way?

#32 Keen as mustard

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:28 PM

That's such great news Cordy! Yay!! Only 2 more days to go until the 'official' beta

It's hard to balance being optimistic and positive without setting your expectations too high I find....

I'm going well...nothing as yet to report, not sure if that's a good thing or not!

Pinki how are you going??

#33 pinki

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:46 PM

Oh that's wonderful news Cordy! Do let us obsess over your beta with you!!

Think that was a cute way to tell DH! Yes IVF does take away the suprise factors sometimes... I've been fantasizing about having lots of frosties and doing a FET wile he is away.. Not sure I could pull it off but one can dream right!

Keen- sometimes no news is good news right! FX that this one takes xxx

Well no real news here. Saw the dr today so one more day of BC. Said my progesterone level is fine so will re scan in Friday and hopefully start then.. Lots of follies all good size.. He did tell me that my last cycle ( which was almost 4 yrs ago and my twins were from that round) my progesterone was never above 2.7.. think it was 1.4 on the CD3 where this cycle it was 3 on CD3..
He didn't seemed to worried about it but when you have a excellent cycle you just can't help but compare.. So just a few more days of waiting!!

#34 cordyline

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:23 PM

Pinki - is there an actual problem with your progesterone levels (or are you just wanting everything in this cycle to be exactly the same as your successful cycle?) If it is the latter, I completely understand and I was the same and wanted everything to mimic my successful cycle from 2012. Even to the point where I told the FS that I wanted to go on the pill, have synarel, do a really really long cycle - because I wanted to do a long down regulation cycle EXACTLY like my successful cycle with DD. In reality I did a different protocol, with different drugs, with the different doctor at a different clinic. Followed by a natural cycle with no drugs at all - and got my BFP.

Otherwise your progesterone level seems okay to me. I know for me I still have a high-ish progesterone level in the first few days of my cycle (after AF) and my temperatures are still high until day 4 or 5 indicating I still have a higher P4 (its been measured around 2.8. Then my temps drop properly after AF is finished and my P4 drops (measured around 0.8-1.1) and then slowly the oestradiol rises and the luteinising hormone spikes. Then progesterone jumps up to around 40-70 and then drops once I start AF back down to the 1.0-2.8 level.

Anyway its good - sounds like your Dr isnt worried. Fingers crossed everything goes ahead.

#35 Keen as mustard

Posted 27 August 2015 - 04:33 PM

Well ladies I have just done a HPT 10d post 5d transfer and got a BFP!!!

I'm in shock!! But excited :)

Hope pinki you are going well and Cordy too!!!

#36 pinki

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:55 PM

Keen- Congrats!! Excellent news!! Very happy for you. Let us know what your beta is when you get it!

Cordy- Yes I really wanted to do exactly the same thing as last time! I feel like if it's not the same it won't work:( even down to making sure I've got the same Dr. Guess I can't have it the same as it was so long ago. My progesterone was higher than my last cycle so hence the change. I'm guessing it's not to high to be a major concern but it was different than my normal baseline. All I can do is keep praying! And seeing as you both have done so well has given me hope! Hope you are doing well and can't wait to hear on your progress!

#37 cordyline

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:17 PM

Keen - Another early tester Woohoooo!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats! So happy for you. When is your blood test? We'll probably both be due in the same month. :thumbs: Do you have any symptoms?

Pinki - Yeah totally get wanting it to be the same - when is your next appointment/decision point. Curious - How many cycles/transfers did you end up doing to get your twins? Did you do the same protocol each time or was it switched up a bit.

AFM - Still feeling nervous about miscarriage but trying not to think about it too much. Blood test was today and results are good. HCG = 3000 and Progesterone = 88. Clinic says I don't need to do another BT unless my GP wants to do one. I have done 4 HPTs and they have all got darker. I have one left so I will probably use it before the scan with FS in about 2 weeks time - just to make sure it is nice and dark. Can you tell I'm nervous - as if testing will change the outcome.

#38 cordyline

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:20 PM

D'oh pinki - I just looked at your signature and I can see you did 1 stim cycle and then your successful FET.

#39 pinki

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:10 PM

Cordy- what an awesome number!! I'd be super happy about that! All you can do is keep positive and enjoy every minute of it.

I would think the chances of a MC after the birth of DD would be less likely.  No expert but would say very highly in your favor that you will have an uneventful pregnancy!

Oh I'm so happy for you both!

I've got the ok to start my shots on Sunday. Fx I get a mini period by then or I may have to wait but  my RE seemed sure it would happen. Am nervous but the clinic showed me the rates and for a woman my age doing a FET it was 47% there! IVF predict I think was only 37%

Edited by pinki, 28 August 2015 - 05:11 PM.

#40 Keen as mustard

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:26 PM

Thanks so much Pinky and cordy!
Excellent news Cordy with your beta - I have my fingers crossed for you!!! Hopefully this one is the one :)

Good luck pinki with your injections starting up hope they go ok.

I'm having my BT on the 11th I think (in currently away) so I will report back once I have the results.

No real symptoms as yet - I had a bit of crampy type twinges, maybe slightly enlarged breasts (crinone??!?) and a bit hungrier than usual but nothing else! So we will see how I go!

It's exciting but I'm the same as you Cordy hoping this one is a sticky one!!!!!!!

#41 cordyline

Posted 30 August 2015 - 11:20 AM

Pinki how exciting, you'll finally get to start stimming. I have also heard that the stats for FET are slightly higher compared with fresh transfers. Let me know how the first injection goes (I found mine quite a struggle even though I'd done it all before)

Keen -I'm already noticing some fatigue (doesn't help that DD has had a cold all week, so wakes up a lot. Then I struggle to get back to sleep. I found my notes from last pregnancy and the nausea set in around 6 weeks. I'm hoping that doesn't happen this time.

I'm going to stick around this forum at least until I've seen a heartbeat (and to keep an eye on Pinki ;)

#42 pinki

Posted 30 August 2015 - 01:09 PM

Aww thanks Cordy!

First shot done today and so far so good! I have my first scan on Thursday. The timing is good as it looks like DH will be around for EPU around the 9th if all goes well.

Finding it a bit easier as it's worked before but still those feeling of pushing my luck are lurking..

Hopefully some PG symptoms will kick in soon for you ladies! But yes the nausea is killer. Still so excited for you both!! It's really helping me get through this cycle!!

#43 Keen as mustard

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:19 PM

That's great news Pinki that your husband should be there for EPU! Yay!

Fingers crossed for you this is the cycle for you!!

Hopefully Cordy you DD's cold settles soon and you can get some full nights of sleep and your nausea doesn't appear!!

1 week to beta and hopefully scan at 6w :)

#44 cordyline

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:30 PM

keen - isn't it weird how the beta is so long after getting a BFP. I had to wait 10 very long days! So exciting that you are having a scan at 6 wks. My current clinic does a scan only at 7 weeks (my previous clinic did two, at 5.5 and 6.5wks).

Pinki - no regrets, what if you are pushing your luck? So what, better to try. I seriously had written off this cycle and yet ... Also great to hear that first injection was a breeze (it really hit me hard as I realised, yes this is the only way we can have a baby and we are on this IVF train for number 2). But looking back it wasn't bad.

#45 Keen as mustard

Posted 31 August 2015 - 07:54 AM

I'm away on holidays Cordy that's why my beta is so late :)
It's so strange how everyone's clinics do different things...

I'll report back when I have some beta news!

#46 pinki

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:41 PM

Cordy- I'm praying that I'll be looking back and seeing this as a breeze! I've really been knocked down the last few days with Headaches nausea and all the other side effects.. I'm on gonal f 300.. Had my scan today and a bit disappointed as I've only got 7 follicles growing. 6 are all on one side so obviously the dominant one on the other is preventing any more growth on that side..

I know 7 isn't bad, just takes one but it's almost half of what I had last time..

I'm really trying not to write this cycle off but it just hasn't been very smooth sailing..

And man I have a confession been feeling very anxious.. Worried that something will happen at EPU or some terrible side effect of the meds and what if I died doing this.. Totally irrational I know but still feeling guilty about it worried about my kids.. Please tell me it's just the hormones!!

Agh anyway going to take it easy. Have another scan on sat and hopefully EPU thurs..

So any PG symptoms yet?? When is the scan day?

Keen- do you have a beta for us yet??

Edited by pinki, 03 September 2015 - 04:43 PM.

#47 cordyline

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:02 PM

My first scan is the 11th Sep with the IVF doctor - I think that's the same day as Keens beta test (I hope you're enjoying your holiday Keen). I'm incredibly nervous. My DH has heard me say "I dont feel pregnant anymore" about twice a day. Then I'll get a bunch of symptoms and I'll be confident that all is well again. Right this moment, I don't feel pregnant, but this morning I dry-retched while trying to eat my weetbix.

Pinki - well we are a bit the same with the irrational thoughts. I had 4 hours of insomnia on Wed night. I spent the night googling symptoms for ectopic pregnancies and blighted ovum. Earlier this year, when DH and I were working through the Pros & Cons of whether to do IVF again for TTC#2, I actually wrote down "I could die" in the Cons column.

I cant really think of anything to put your mind at ease, because otherwise I would use those tricks on myself. And you already know all the stuff like "it only takes one good one", "you'll be fine in EPU" "try not to compare this cycle to your successful cycle" etc etc.

I haven't used Gonal F (only puregon) but I'm pretty sure the hormones can affect rational and emotional thought.

Take it easy - hope your scans goes well on Sat.

#48 pinki

Posted 05 September 2015 - 02:11 PM

Well it sounds like the 11th will be a big day for all of us ladies. FX we all get some excellent news!!

I'm to have EPU on the 9th so guess I'll know about fert rate and frosties on the 11th. Most likely it will be a 3 day freeze.

I had my scan today and as I guessed that ovary isn't responding and only has the one dominant follicle.. It may be an egg or a cyst.. The other side was doing well but only 6-7 follicles there. He switched my meds to slow things down..

He has wanted to do EPU on tues but DH won't be back so it's now wed. Really hope pushing things back will be ok and compromise egg quality. Really wishing I had DH freeze a sample for just in case..

Trying my best to stay positive but my RE said it was unusual to have one side not responding..

Had a good cry and think I'll be ok but hate not feeling so optimistic about a cycle..

#49 Keen as mustard

Posted 05 September 2015 - 05:24 PM

Oh pinki I hope you are going ok - the whole cycle is so very stressful and filled with what if this? What if that?

I hope your EPU goes really smoothly and you get some good quality emby's.

Cordy's absolutely right! My beta is due the 11th once I'm home from holidays (having a fabo time!) and trying to avoid thinking about it all to much so I'm further along when I get home (fingers xed)!

I'll report back when I have a result.

Good luck Cordy for your scan and if it helps I don't really have any symptoms as yet! Slightly sore and ennlarged breasts, a bit tired (but walking heaps each day as you do on holidays!) so hopefully it's all ok in there :)

Good lucky pinki and Cordy I hope we both feel pregnant soon!!!!

#50 cordyline

Posted 07 September 2015 - 08:40 PM

Keen I've caught my DDs cold and feeling sorry for myself. Of course I don't feel any pg symptoms because the cold is kind of overriding all my senses. Enjoy the distraction your holiday brings. What great timing for having planned a holiday.

Pinki thinking of you in the coming days and for EPU on weds. Hope you're feeling a bit more positive about the cycle. I will admit my right ovary has always outperformed my left. This last cycle I only had 1 good sized follicle on my left and about 5-6 very little ones. Whereas my right side had 6 good sized follicles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.