Newby TTC but unable naturally

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Baby Bubbles?

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:11 AM

21/8/15
Well today was the day
after me always commenting my body is broken that i received confirmation...
I probably can't conceive naturally :'(
My man and i discussed and agreed in April this year for me to go off the pill and start trying for a family
Oh i want a family so bad,  but I've always thought something was wrong. ... low libido,  pain,  blood, the feel of it. .. i don't know
Well after 3 months of not getting a period after stopping the pill i went to the dr... first he was mainly concerned with the no falling pregnant side and said wait for 6 months of trying and then have some blood tests. .. after another month and no period i haven't been feeling happy with that so went to another dr, she said get the blood tests done and also an ultrasound. .. so that was done this last two weeks. ... today i received the results- I'm not ovulating, but don't have cysts or PCOS. ... and hence no periods or vice versa whichever is cause for the other.... I'm shattered. . Broken- quite literally. i honestly wanted her to say well you haven't been getting your period because you are now pregnant. ... that's what i wanted.. but no. ..
So i got home and fell on my bed. .. and cried ....a lot. ..
Obviously my man won't understand but he tried to console me and listened to me sob while i told him..... good on me for having so much luck hey. ....
I have 3 siblings,  all got married 8 years ago,  all had babies together the following year,  planned or unplanned they don't know how lucky i see them. .... even my sister had mthfs which had caused her now two miscarriages. ... at least she fell pregnant naturally, now with 4 kids but going for more. . b**ch.... that's what i feel. ... jealousy haha
So for me. ... i have a meeting to make now with a gyno to find out the next steps to try and get my body functioning i guess.... wish me luck

#2 sweetmango

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:26 AM

I am very sorry xx

#3 Baby Bubbles?

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:33 AM

Thanks. .. on the upside at least we know the issue and can start looking at help

#4 sweetmango

Posted 22 August 2015 - 04:44 AM

That is very true. I really hope and pray that things only go up from here. Hope you are feeling a little stronger today.

#5 pinki

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:40 PM

Baby bubbles-

Finding out that you have a form of infertility is always a shock.. It's painful and a hard thing for anyone to hear.. Everyone wants the glorious natural miracle of pregnancy but for many of us it's not the case.. Hang in there. Take some time to gerive and be upset your entitled to it!!

On the up side now you know what you didn't that your not ovulating. The next step when you are ready means further testing and figuring out what can be done. There are lots of buddy groups on here that you can join and may be a big help to you. I think the OI( ovulation inducing) and clomid group would be a good place to start. This diagnosis dosent mean you will never have kids or that it's all over for you. It just means you have hit a bump in the road.. Wishing you the best and sending big hugs your way xxx

A very wise women once told me that no matter how your baby comes to you it's still your baby...

#6 Baby Bubbles?

Posted 22 August 2015 - 06:40 PM

Very nice wise words :) thanks x

#7 Loveharts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 05:53 PM

Hi Baby Bubbles....I completely understand where you are coming from. I am 41 - came off the pill 6 months ago, periods were a bit out of sync and then boom - I started getting hot flushes! Straight to the drs and then the news, all my hormone levels are that of someone going through early menopause. Yes, I was shattered...yes, I couldn't hold back those tears and wanted to get out of the doctors ASAP. Completely heart broken (its ok to grieve and be upset - its actually helped me process in my head what has happened in order for me to move forward).

Lucky for me, I got in to see a FS within 1 week (I know - completely unheard of) and am about to start my 1st round of IVF (some 6 weeks later after finding out the news). I have less than 1% left of my egg reserve, so I need to remain positive, have faith, and believe that my body will respond to the IVF so that my partner and I can have a family. If I let negative thoughts enter my mind, I know it will not assist my IVF journey.

My advice to you, is to do the same. Be sad about what has happened, however long that takes, and then smile, repeat positive affirmations about this beautiful family you want and look forward. I wish you every success and happiness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.