Sept 2WW

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
120 replies to this topic

#51 GoingAgain5

Posted 08 September 2015 - 09:19 AM

willow don't beat yourself up Hun!  The worst thing about TTC and even IVF is that at the end of the day we are completely without control over the results!  It really really really sucks!

Has your FS ever taken your embryo's to day 5?  I'm assuming you did around a day 3 transfer?  Sorry, I don't know your history of how many eggs etc you had to start with!

I wish I could say something useful or something but I'd be devastated and angry at the world too :-(

#52 Buddkins

Posted 08 September 2015 - 09:31 AM

Ah willow!!! I would feel exactly the same as you. This is my first cycle and still don't get my result until the 14th. Did you transfer more than 1?

Every step seemed to have gone to plan for you and to fall at the last hurdle is so devastating. Once the embryo is transferred the rest is up to nature. I asked my FS are there reasons why it doesn't implant and she said Chromosome and genetic issues can be present in the embryo and these aren't known at the time of ET unless you request this testing to be performed - have you had the genetic testing done? If not this could be an option.

there is nothing we can all say to change the situation or make it better. I hope you manage to find a way to keep going. its expensive so not easy I know and its a time consuming process. Thinking of you and sending you best wishes xox

#53 GoingAgain5

Posted 08 September 2015 - 11:27 AM

My heart is beating flat out and my hands are shaking as I type... But I just did a HPT at work (only 30mins after a big drink and a pee) and I got a faint BFP on a First Response test!

I'm 6dp5dt and the line is faint but definitely there!  The news comes with good timing because on the weekend my Step Dad's Mum passed away, and last night my Mum had to have her 15yo dog put to sleep!!

#54 Buddkins

Posted 08 September 2015 - 11:41 AM

That's amazing going!!!! and most definitely at a great time!!

I did 2 non FR ones this morning at 5am because I needed a pee and woke my husband up to see if I was seeing things as it produced the craziest shadow it was super super faint but I swear its there!!! the fact we are on the same number of days gives me hope and I will for sure go and get a FR test to do tonight like Gagingi said to on the other feed!!!!!!!! Hope this morning didn't set me up!

huge CONGRATULATIONS that's amazing :)

#55 Gagingi

Posted 08 September 2015 - 11:58 AM

Going - congratulations that sounds exiciting for you too.  Good luck with concentrating at work for the rest of the day! :excite:  When is your BT?

#56 Gagingi

Posted 08 September 2015 - 12:07 PM

Willow, I so feel for you. Unfortunately so many embies don't make it. My FS has said it is 95% the genetic quality of the embryo and is outside our control.  I know of many ladies who do things that are not recommended during IVF and who still getting a BFP, and then others who do everything perfectly and get a BFN. It's very unfair! I think if I was at the point you are at, I'd go to a psychologist to start to work through the grieving and to determine if I wanted to go again. It's a massive transition. Thinking of you. xo

#57 TCCC

Posted 08 September 2015 - 12:26 PM

Going - congrats!!

Willow, I'm so very sorry.

AFM - bad news unfortunately. I was about 40mins into my drive to the hospital when the clinic called to say it had failed to thaw. It was our last (and second) frostie for this cycle and given I've had severe OHSS after both of my stim cycles, I'm not looking forward to going through it again, particularly as I have to do a freeze all cycle but I guess we'll wait and see. To say im a bit sad is an understatement. They've squeezed me in for an appt with FS tomorrow. Sigh...

#58 GoingAgain5

Posted 08 September 2015 - 12:27 PM

TCCC I am so sorry!  I vividly remember getting the same call when I was doing a FET cycle!  I hope your FS can sort out a good cycle for you!!

#59 Gagingi

Posted 08 September 2015 - 01:15 PM

TCCC I'm so sorry to hear your news. This is such a hard process isn't it? I'm glad you can get in with your FS so soon as I find planning the next cycle helps me cope with a failed cycle (to some extent).  It would be scary though knowing that you get bad OHSS. I really hope they can work out a better protocol for you.  I don't know what else to say.  Thinking of you, G.

#60 Buddkins

Posted 08 September 2015 - 02:31 PM

TCCC so sorry to hear that - devastating!! Consider some time out for your body to recover but don't give up hope.

Have you ladies tried the embryo gel?

Seems like most people go through many cycles so I need to keep reminding myself of that and not get carried away with a faint line until the doctor confirms BFP. Just did FP and there is definitely a faint line but super early days at only 6dt5dt.

Feeling for you ladies that it hasn't worked out this cycle. I really hope your turns will be soon I hate the thought of all the people out there who don't want to be pregnant and all the effort we are all going through. But its the biggest blessing in life so stick in there its worth a 100 cycles!

#61 willowb1

Posted 08 September 2015 - 02:53 PM

View PostGoingAgain5, on 08 September 2015 - 09:19 AM, said:

willow don't beat yourself up Hun!  The worst thing about TTC and even IVF is that at the end of the day we are completely without control over the results!  It really really really sucks!
And sadly I don't do very well accepting things that are out of my control.

Has your FS ever taken your embryo's to day 5?  I'm assuming you did around a day 3 transfer?  Sorry, I don't know your history of how many eggs etc you had to start with!
That's one of the point of contention.  No, she didn't grow our embies to day 5 because, out of 12 eggs collected, only 3 fertilised and only 2 of those made it to day 2.  Their policy when there only a small number of embies is to transfer ASAP so they transferred the first embie on day 2.  Because everything I read said, if you haven't grown them to day 5 don't even bother, I asked if the FS could grow the second one to day 5 before transferring but she refused, saying there would be no benefit to the embie.  She's right of course, but if it wasn't going to make it day 5 outside it wouldn't make it to day 5 inside and at least we wouldn't have wasted our time and money waiting and hoping.  
So yeah, a point of contention.

View PostBuddkins, on 08 September 2015 - 09:31 AM, said:

Ah willow!!! I would feel exactly the same as you. This is my first cycle and still don't get my result until the 14th. Did you transfer more than 1?
No, only one at a time.  I have a condition called Turners Syndrome.  Women with TS usually aren't able to get pregnant naturally, but when they do get pregnant (either naturally or through IVF) they are prone to miscarriage so the FS only wanted to transfer one at a time to limit pressure on the uterus.

Every step seemed to have gone to plan for you and to fall at the last hurdle is so devastating. Once the embryo is transferred the rest is up to nature. I asked my FS are there reasons why it doesn't implant and she said Chromosome and genetic issues can be present in the embryo and these aren't known at the time of ET unless you request this testing to be performed - have you had the genetic testing done? If not this could be an option.
Yes, I asked about that but the FS refused to do that too as she didn't want to interfere with the embie.

I wish I could say something useful or something but I'd be devastated and angry at the world too :-(
Thank you:-)

Anyway, enough about me...
Going, I am so happy for you.  Even though it might be early it's still exciting!  I hope the line keeps getting darker

TCCC I feel for you:-(  I must confess I was afraid of getting that call with our second embie too.  I hope you get some answers or clarity tomorrow.

#62 GoingAgain5

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:42 PM

Willow before we started the cycle I asked our FS if he'd transfer at day 2 or 3 if we had a low response etc. he said no, we'd sit tight!

Is TS an auto immune disorder? I have Crohn's Disease which is an Auto Immune Disorder & take Prednisone from EPU until I feel 'safe'

#63 TCCC

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:54 PM

Thanks everyone. I think I'm going to take the next cycle off regardless of what FS says, then go for another stim cycle then.

#64 willowb1

Posted 08 September 2015 - 06:09 PM

View PostGoingAgain5, on 08 September 2015 - 05:42 PM, said:

Willow before we started the cycle I asked our FS if he'd transfer at day 2 or 3 if we had a low response etc. he said no, we'd sit tight!
Can we go to your FS next time? :smile:

Is TS an auto immune disorder?
No it's a chromosome disorder.  Instead of having 2 X sex chromosomes, women with TS (it's only a female disorder) have only one X, or one full X and only part of the second.

Edited by willowb1, 08 September 2015 - 06:09 PM.

#65 Animal Lover

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:20 PM

Willow- I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out. It's such an awful situation to be in. Hopefully you'll come up with a new plan and be able to save for it.

TCCC- I'm so upset for you about your last embie. I've only got one left now. One of them arrested when thawing on my last FET. I'm so worried that it's going to happen with this last one too. And we will have to do another stim cycle too.
Mental health wise if that should happen I probably should take a month off and regroup but I after having this ectopic I just still want to get going with the next step.
If you do another stim cycle too I hope that OHSS stays away for you, you've had such a horrible time with it!

#66 TCCC

Posted 08 September 2015 - 08:31 PM

Thanks Animal. I've had one fail to thaw before, but I still had another that they thawed and used instead. I wasn't prepared for this today. I too am keen to just get right into it, but I know I should take a month off (plus have some work stuff that month) then get back into it. It's hard making decisions huh?! You can't help but think what if the potential embryo from the cycle you didn't do could've been the one. Geez, we torture ourselves huh?!

#67 Buddkins

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:57 AM

Must be super hard TCCC! Have so,e time out then refocus and hope it works out for you!

AFM line got darker today still fainter than the other line but have moved my B/T forward to Friday so hoping get a good,result back from that and it's not too early

#68 GoingAgain5

Posted 09 September 2015 - 09:50 AM

willow which state are you in?  We're in QLD and I've been nothing but happy with the clinic we went through, it's my understanding that the going to day 5 is a protocol with the clinic overall, not just this particular FS.  They do have clinics in other states too!

AFM - I did another test later yesterday and the line was darker, so now I'm sure I'm pregnant despite my symptoms all but disappearing LOL.  I'm sure that it's more because now I know I'm pregnant I'm focussing less on them than I was before so I'm not particularly worried.  I'm going to keep my blood test at next Wednesday, having it earlier won't change anything!  And I'll have my scan at 7 weeks!

#69 willowb1

Posted 09 September 2015 - 01:36 PM

View PostGoingAgain5, on 09 September 2015 - 09:50 AM, said:

willow which state are you in?
We're in Victoria (Melbourne)

AFM - I did another test later yesterday and the line was darker, so now I'm sure I'm pregnant despite my symptoms all but disappearing LOL.
Congratulations! That's wonderful.  
And Buddikins, all the best for your BT but it sounds really promising.

#70 Buddkins

Posted 09 September 2015 - 05:22 PM

Thanks willow hope you are feeling better today!

#71 lissyrose

Posted 16 September 2015 - 05:23 PM

Hi girls,

We had our embryo transfer today, our last frozen one and our third try. Third time lucky right!

I always seem to spot before my blood test so I've taken the next two weeks off work to see if that makes a difference.

Good luck everyone

#72 Elsee

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:52 PM

Hi lissyrose. I had my frozen transfer yesterday. Transferred 2 five day blasts. This is my fifth transfer so my fingers are very tightly crossed. I am working from home for the next two weeks, so hopefully can be a bit quieter. Best of luck to you. Hopefully we don't go too mad! x

#73 lissyrose

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:59 AM

Wow Elsee how exciting, 2 5 day blasts, hopefully this is the one for you! Do you normally transfer two or is this the first time?

What date is your blood test? Mine is Monday the 28th. My clinic does it 11 days after transfer and it fell on a Sunday so they have pushed it out to the Monday, bummer!

I'm trying not to over think every little twinge, oh it's going to be a long couple of weeks.

#74 Elsee

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:41 PM

Lissyrose, this is the first time I have had two transferred. My FS thought it was good idea considering the number of transfers we have now had without success. Of course if it turns out to be twins, we won't be disappointed, however that wasn't the reason for the double transfer.

Like you, my BT was also due on the weekend - on the Saturday. I have been given the option of either doing it Friday or Monday but know I won't be able to wait til Monday, so Friday it is. :) AF usually starts before my blood test anyway so I should have a fairly good idea of the result.

And I know....I am also driving myself mad (already) analysing all little twinges. xx

#75 stace_wa

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:46 PM

I'm going to jump in here finally. Currently on cd18 of my 4 th round of OI and my body has finally started playing ball after a slow start to this cycle. Triggering with ovidrelle this arvo so hopefully o in the next day or so 😊 fx this works or we are looking at ivf.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.