Ready Set Go Girls #255

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
252 replies to this topic

#1 ~Mintie~

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:38 PM

New thread time ladies. Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 Vanilla_bean

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:26 AM

I'm going to steal a quick gold and say a quick hello. I'm ready to get back into it all again and look forward to sharing the highs and lows once more. I've got lots to catch up on from my time away I hope everyone is well xx

#3 MrsP2014

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:26 AM

pinki- i was told to do them at night it worked well as i would have scans every few days in the morning and could then adjust my dose at night.

Gagingi- congrats on your eggs and embryos!

afm- went to work yesterday feeling on the mend. i feel good however my weight is continuing to increase but the pain has lessened. embryo's wise im a little devastated. 1 got frozen this morning and there are 4 others they want to watch today and probably freeze tomorrow. hopefully and fingers crossed they will all go in the freezer. also the clinic are now saying i will have to have a natural cycle before they look at doing a thaw cycle which puts it to october before we get to a FET which makes me really upset! Dh is away so im precessing all of this alone, thank god for EB!

baby dust to all

#4 Elsee

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:58 AM

Welcome back Vanilla! Good to hear you are feeling ready to go again. Look forward to sharing it with you. x

Gagingi, I feel your TWW pain. Thinking of you and hoping for the best result on the 7th.

MrsP, sorry to hear your disappointment. Big hug. Hopefully tomorrow will bring good news and you will have another four frosties which is a great number. Fingers crossed. All the waiting for cycles and during cycles is so hard isn't it - and made even more difficult if your DH is away and you are dealing with it alone. Thinking of you and fingers crossed for good news tomorrow. xx

#5 DarkChyldeKat

Posted 29 August 2015 - 12:17 PM

Hi Ladies

Thanks for thinking of us..We still have the little guys so it collection time on Monday yaah..a bit better now 😊

#6 pinki

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:52 PM

Elsee- hoping September will be your month!

Kat- will be keeping everything crossed for you on Monday! Hopefully you will get a surprise bonus egg xxx

Gagingi - thanks for the info. I think I'm going to start in the am on Sunday. Have my first scan on thurs.. Pretty sure I was doing them in the am last time but can't seems to find my journal!!  Difficult trying to remember so long ago..  Hopefully you are doing well with the 2ww!!

Mrsp- hang in there hon! Yes it's hard to have to wait but expected if you have even mild OHSS. A pregnancy would make things much worse. So I'm guessing they want you to have a regular period and re check you the month after? FX the other embies catch up and you will have some more to freeze.

Vanilla- wishing you a very short stay xxx

#7 Buddkins

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:43 PM

Mrs P - good luck on the frosties!!!! It's so hard playing the waiting game and totally understand how it's mad worse by you DH not being around but as u say least u have EB anytime!!!! I would feel the same way with it being pushed out but u have to remember it's all for a good reason so just hang in there and waiting that little bit longer may creat increased chances of success!

Hi vanilla ... Look forward to following this journey with you. When do you start your cycle?

Pinki - I did mine of an evening coz it meant I could start right away then and had my scans and bloods in the morning so this worked better for me but I'm sure wouldn't make much ofma,difference.

Kat - great news!!! Hope all goes well Monday!!

AFM - update from scientist today informed me 8 have fertilised ... So that's looking promising. Hopefully they continue to grow nicely into embryos.

Does anyone know how the embryo grading works?

#8 pinki

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:10 PM

Buddkins embryo grading differs from clinic to clinic I believe. Some use grades and others cells. I couldn't find a good link to post sorry but some Google searching will help.

I always like to point out that even excellent looking embies don't always work and some of the lower grade ones sometime do. It's a numbers game in my book!

Happy obsessing!

#9 Animal Lover

Posted 29 August 2015 - 09:17 PM

Mrs P - I had a situation similar to yours. I got 26 eggs at EPU. 16 fertilised but only got 4 frosties out of those. I was on OHSS watch too so they cancelled my fresh transfer and I had to wait till next month.
I usually don't ovulate either but when i went in for my scan (I can't remember what cycle day it was) it looked like I was about to ovulate so I got to do my FET not long after. Unfortunately it was a BFN but there may be hope that you can do your transfer earlier than you thought!

Buddkins - Congrats on your EPU. 15 is a great number. From what I hear most FS's aim for that number.

Shay -  Thanks for your kind thoughts :)

DCK -  I only got 3 eggs out of my first cycle. I'm not sure how many follicles there were to start off with though. Good luck for your EPU on Monday.

Pinki -  I was told to do my Gonal-F in the morning. I can't remember why but my FS was adamant I do them in the morning. Glad that you got to fit a cycle in before you go away!!

Elsee -  Good Luck for your scan on the 7th.

Vanilla -  Welcome back. How was your time off?

Gagingi -  Hope you're holding up OK during the 2WW. I was always find the second half the worst!

To anyone I've missed, sorry but I hope you're doing well!

AFM -  Just waiting for AF after my Ectopic so I have no idea how long that'll be!

#10 Buddkins

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:18 AM

Thanks pinki I'll have a search round on the Internet. Waiting game anyway I guess to see how many continue through to Wednesday's transfer day.

Thanks animal hope it's a good sign and get at least one great quality one to transfer. Hope everything ok with the ectopic and the wait isn't too long

Love to all

#11 Elsee

Posted 30 August 2015 - 02:44 PM

Good luck tomorrow Kat.

Animal, hope AF hurries up. :)

Budkins, fingers crossed for Wednesday. Happy waiting.

Mrs P, any news on the frosties?

I went for a walk with DH this morning. We walked past a house and could hear a mother inside screaming at her son, screaming, swearing, threatening to slap him - it was totally inapproprotate. Anyway, it made me so sad that people with kids can treat them like that and here we are, so desperately wanting it to happen to us, with so much love to give a child, and it just won't work! Super frustrating. Sigh.

#12 MrsP2014

Posted 30 August 2015 - 03:06 PM

elsee- i see this at work all the time, and not just people with kids but pregnant women too.... it makes me so mad and sad for those little lives.

animal- hope your doing okay, keep looking after yourself and family.

afm-
phone call this morning and we have 1 day 5 and 1 day 6 frostie, so hopefully we can get around to a FET at sometime soon. so will just wait for further instructions!

#13 Buddkins

Posted 30 August 2015 - 03:31 PM

Looks like everyone is on a bit of a waiting game atm!

Good news mrs P hope you can FET soon!

Good luck for tomorrow Kat!

#14 pinki

Posted 30 August 2015 - 03:54 PM

Mrsp- congrats on the frosties!! Is that 3 total? Think that's great results for a cycle! And a 5 and 6 day too! I'd be very excited about that!!

Hope everyone else is doing ok

AFM- did my first shot today and am feeling pretty good! Fx I won't get to many side effects. Dug out my copy of 100 best foods for pregnancy book. Has a bunch of chapters on fertility and conception. super quick and easy meals and practical tips behind it and it small so easy to take to the markets. Hope it's my good luck charm!

#15 pinki

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:29 PM

Mrsp- congrats on the frosties!! Is that 3 total? Think that's great results for a cycle! And a 5 and 6 day too! I'd be very excited about that!!

Hope everyone else is doing ok

AFM- did my first shot today and am feeling pretty good! Fx I won't get to many side effects. Dug out my copy of 100 best foods for pregnancy book. Has a bunch of chapters on fertility and conception. super quick and easy meals and practical tips behind it and it small so easy to take to the markets. Hope it's my good luck charm!

#16 Buddkins

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:29 PM

Good luck with the shots pinki!! Fx you don't have side effects and keep well

#17 Vanilla_bean

Posted 30 August 2015 - 05:09 PM

It was nice having time off. I didn't really stop thinking about it all but I didn't obsess over everything. I was feeling really great until there was another pregnancy announcement at work. That got me down.

I should start my cycle in a week or so. Just waiting for AF. I didn't track ovulation this time and my cycles are never regular so I'm not exactly sure when it'll be.

FS gave me the option of doing one more cycle or doing a lap first. I really couldn't decide which was better so she made the decision to try one more. If that fails I will have to have the lap.

I also had more blood tests and have found out that I have sticky blood so will be starting aspirin after egg pick up and will need clexane if I get a bfp. Does anyone else have this?

I also got the karyotyping test done but the results take six weeks.

Mrs P - I know how you're feeling I had to have a natural cycle between my first egg pick up and transfer and it felt like a massive waste of time. It ends up being about 2 months between collection and transfer. I was lucky that I had lots of things going on then to keep me occupied. It also helps to remind yourself that you are dealing with the experts and they know what they're doing but it's hard.

Elsee - best of luck for this cycle. My head is just like yours always hoping for a natural miracle even after years of failure.

Kat - good luck tomorrow. I hope it all goes well

Buddkins - wow 8 is fantastic. Congratulations.

Animal - I was so sorry to read about your ectopic. I have such a fear of ectopic pregnancy. Big hugs xx

Pinki - good luck with the shots. Happy shopping and cooking it's always nice when we can feel like we are contributing to something that is largely out of our control.

#18 MrsP2014

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:39 PM

just ducking in quickly, only 2 in the freezer. getting confused as the embryologist said he'd see me in a 4 weeks to FET but the nurses keep saying it won't be for another whole cycle. will hopefully get some answers this week.

#19 Gagingi

Posted 31 August 2015 - 12:52 AM

Hi ladies

I've just found you all on the new thread.

Kat - good luck for tomorrow!

Baby dust to everybody (and I'll have a proper read tomorrow). xo

#20 Buddkins

Posted 31 August 2015 - 10:23 AM

How frustrating MrsP - hope you get a more definitive answer today!!!

Hope today goes well Kat!

#21 Tracey57

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:20 PM

Hi Ladies

I lost you all !!  LOL
Welcome back Vanilla - hope you enjoyed your break.
Hope everyone has a good week, baby dust all round ! :)

#22 Buddkins

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:21 PM

Ladies who have been through egg collection - how long does it take for the cramps to go? Paracetamol keeps them at bay but if I don't keep up the dose or I'm too active they start up

On the plus side - update is still have 8 good eggs which have turned into embryos with 6-8 cells so looking good so far. Fingers crossed overall success

#23 Gagingi

Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:50 PM

Hi Buddkins. 8 embryos is awesome! Great number of cells for day 3 too (not too many or too few). In terms of ovary pain I've found it has varied. The first cycle was the worst and I still had residual pain after ET, whereas this cycle I didn't have much after EPU day. It's hard to know when pain stopped after first/second cycle as Crinone (progesterone) upsets my tummy, causes AF type cramps, fatigue, bloating, and I'm sure I can feel the lining in my uterus thickening with each dose - so on my two earlier cycles I haven't felt normal until a few days after AF.  Both cycles a sneeze hurt a lot 7-10 days later, whereas this cycle I sneezed at day 3 and felt nothing. I'd really really encourage you to get any constipation sorted as I had it under control this cycle and it made such a difference. Also (sorry if I'm telling you what you already know/do) please don't exceed maximum recommended dose of  paracetomal/Panadol in 24-hours under any circumstances as this can do very serious and potentially irreparable damage. If the pain is that bad I'd ask clinic or pharmacist about Panadeine. Also I'd check with FS at ET about pain management after ET, just in case (you won't be able to use hot pack after ET).

AFM- I'm quietly going nuts! Physically I feel better than on previous cycles, but I'm waddling again/still and trying to symptom spot even though nothing much is happening and I know Crinone can account for any symptoms! Argh!

Baby dust to all!

#24 Buddkins

Posted 31 August 2015 - 05:48 PM

Thanks Gagingi much appreciated!! It seems to be a lot better when I'm resting so will make sure I take it easy as much as possible! Will also be careful to limit the paracetamol levels. I'm trying to eat eat much fibre as possible to aid the situation - problem is I'm not the most regular at the best of times!

Ah I bet your are going crazy ... Il will be exactly the same!!  At least ur though another day so that bit closer. Will u be testing at home too or going to hold off until bloods??

#25 THESMD

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:12 PM

Hi Ladies,
Spoke to the nurses yesterday,  i go in for bt on the 11th (such a long way away yet!) And provided everything is good, I'll start meds the next day.
Apparently there is a Lucrin shortage at the moment so i have to go with Syranel nasal spray instead. Anyone had experience with Syranel? It doesn't sound very pleasant.... either way i can't stand to wait any longer so it'll have to do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.