Fathers Day

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TimDrake

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:54 AM

Fathers Day is on Sunday and no doubt there are a lot of good ones and some not so good ones.

Anyhow my question is how will the day be celebrated in your household?

In our house it seems that Fathers Day is about spending as much time with Dad to give Mum a break.

#2 Hollycoddle

Posted 03 September 2015 - 10:16 AM

I'm going to my hometown where DP is buried.  Luckily his birthday falls on 4 September, always right near Father's Day, so I only have to do one trip to take the kids to the cemetery.  I'm not a cemetery person, I don't get upset at all, I just don't feel the tie to the person's spirit in that location.  Hopefully the in-laws will take them.

We will also spend time with the kids' Pop, he's literally the only man in their lives (no uncles and their other Pop in Qld).  It will be great just to get away for a few days, hope the weather will be good, so over being cooped up for the past few months of winter!

Edited by Mollycoddle, 03 September 2015 - 10:16 AM.

#3 Justaduck

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:03 AM

My Pop has just been diagnosed with dementia, so it is hard to know how many Fathers Days he will be around for that he knows what is going on. We'll likely have morning tea with him and my parents & possibly aunt and uncle. We are revealing sex of baby #3 to them on Fathers day too (which is what we did 2yrs back!)

Then we will have to see ILs at some stage and do the same thing.

Then usually go for a drive somewhere - up/down the coast or a bit inland. Sometimes we take a picnic lunch, sometimes buy lunch there and othertimes pack a salad and grab a chook and breadrolls close by

#4 HolyDaffodil

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:13 AM

DH wants to take the two older girls camping for Fathers Day this year as work has gotten quite hectic and he wants to just spend some quality no phone reception for work to call with an 'emergency' time with them (4 and 2). I will stay home with the baby. It sounds pretty perfect to me. I am hoping it will become a new family tradition (that the youngest can join as soon as she is no longer dependant on me for food).

I was so enamoured of his suggestion that I have packed everything and even prepared suitable meals as well as helping the girls wrap and pa k his presents they made / chose in their bag.

#5 HolyDaffodil

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:15 AM

^Woops.. just came in from recent posts dodnt realise it was Dads Chat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.