(Long, self-indulgent) birth story (baby Pooks)

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#26 BellO'Nromze

Posted 05 September 2015 - 08:42 AM

Those photos...you just look so serene and in love. Just beautiful!  

*blows nose noisily*

#27 Shooz

Posted 05 September 2015 - 08:57 AM

Congratulations- sounds like it was heroic effort and a beautiful baby at the end!

#28 Tiger Print

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:22 AM

Beautiful

#29 Bess Marvin

Posted 05 September 2015 - 10:54 AM

Gorgeous! Congratulations on her safe arrival. You are such a warrior Pooks. :)

#30 Renovators delight

Posted 05 September 2015 - 11:13 AM

Beautiful, lovely, thank you for sharing :)

#31 tropicalheat

Posted 05 September 2015 - 11:50 AM

What an amazing and inspiring birth story!

You have given me so much hope. I am counting down the days until I get induced (10 days to go!) as I have really struggled with this pregnancy with SPD and sciatica. I can barely walk and often cry despite being on antidepressants for AND.

Thankyou so much for sharing :)

#32 Lifesgood

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:13 PM

What a beautiful story, vomiting, pain and all. And what a gorgeous baby - congratulations to you both. You are a warrior Pooks.

#33 greenthumbs

Posted 05 September 2015 - 04:31 PM

Awesome story!

So so glad you were treated well this time. I'm sure you're loving these newborn cuddles. Hope you get a good sleeper too!

#34 SplashingRainbows

Posted 05 September 2015 - 04:43 PM

Thank you for sharing your story. Well done. Your daughter is stunning.

#35 kim27

Posted 05 September 2015 - 04:48 PM

Super cute baby. You look pretty good post birth too considering everything.

Does she have a name yet?

#36 walkingFish

Posted 05 September 2015 - 04:56 PM

What an awesome birth story, and such a darling baby - as cute as any I've seen, including my own!

#37 TinCat🐱

Posted 05 September 2015 - 05:53 PM

She is beautiful and you are amazing.

Congratulations!

#38 Hands Up

Posted 05 September 2015 - 07:56 PM

Oh my goodness, she is gorgeous! Congratulations!!!!!

#39 MrsFrosty

Posted 05 September 2015 - 08:57 PM

Naww congratulations. She is beautiful. Well done mama!! You did great!!

#40 Riss_234

Posted 03 August 2018 - 05:32 PM

Hi Pooks, I posted asking for advice/experiences on labour and birth and someone suggested to come and look in this folder for birth stories. I loved reading this and got a little teary-eyed by the end hearing about the way all the struggle just fell away and was replaced by joy. Beautiful beautiful story. Thank you so much for writing and sharing it. :heart:

#41 PooksLikeChristmas

Posted 03 August 2018 - 05:45 PM

:) she just turned three the other day. She’s my little mate, I’d do it all 100 times to have her here. All that work was worth it. You’ll have your own incredible love story soon, however the birth plays out x

#42 Riss_234

Posted 04 August 2018 - 04:04 AM

Awwww! *sigh* That's beautiful. :heart:

Thanks for the encouragement, I appreciate it very much. :)

Edited by Riss_234, 04 August 2018 - 04:04 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.