Ready Set Go Girls #256

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
122 replies to this topic

#26 Tracey57

Posted 02 October 2015 - 09:08 PM

Buddkins, gosh what awful news, I'm so so sorry to hear that. I cant offer any advice but am sending you lots of virtual hugs. Take care of yourself xo

#27 Buddkins

Posted 02 October 2015 - 09:46 PM

Thanks Gagingi much appreciated. Luckily DH was there with me and been supportive all day xox

Thanks Tracey!!! Hope you're well xox

#28 THESMD

Posted 02 October 2015 - 09:59 PM

Buddkins I'm so sorry to hear that. I have had a MC but a very early one, 4.5 weeks. I would not be traveling right now unless you really have to. Look after yourself, I'll be thinking of you.

#29 Buddkins

Posted 02 October 2015 - 10:53 PM

Thanks THESMD. Ye I'm in a dilemma. The doctor said if I keep taking the progesterone it will keep my body thinking I'm pregnant ... I don't know whether there's still a chance of the baby passing through and bleeding begin because at the end of the day it's Mother Nature who works in mysterious ways! It says online it can take a few weeks before your body catches up to what's going on down there ....

#30 Shiv7897

Posted 03 October 2015 - 07:23 AM

Oh buddykins,  im so sorry :(

#31 ilovethebeach

Posted 03 October 2015 - 09:27 AM

Hi All,

Buddkins - Ive had a missed miscarriage.  I was 11 weeks 5 days and started cramping then bleeding.  U/S showed bub only 5.5 weeks no hb.  They let me go for another week as they thought my dates might be wrong so next week had another u/s and no hb so a few days later a d&c.  The bleeding stopped.  I don't actually think it would have come out on its own.  Its heartbreaking im sorry.  I know you can be in a bit of pain if it comes out naturally, have they given you panadeine forte of something?

Shiv - try not to worry about too many eggs, ive been researching since mine and people have still had success with lots of follies.  How are you feeling after transfer?

In good news day 5 call today and I have one blastocyst good to freeze.  So ive asked them to freeze today. We've declined pgd.  There are 8 left so we will see if any left get rid of their fragmentation overnight if not they will be non viable tomorrow.  Anyway coming from zero I am happy to have one :)

Elly

#32 Shiv7897

Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:46 PM

no news for me, clinic didn't call like i thought they would. looks like i have to wait til Monday (Day 3) to find out if they fertilised and/or survived.

#33 Buddkins

Posted 03 October 2015 - 06:32 PM

Thanks everyone.

ELLY - I hadn't really thought abo the possibility it may not want to come naturally.

I've informed work on the situation and thankfully they have said the risk is too high and I've cancelled my trip. So now I'm going to stop taking progesterone which should help my body catch up with the fact the baby has died and see what happens. I've looked into it and it seems a horrid process to go through naturally to then also may needing to go in for d&c anyway. Did u have any complications with the d&c? Did you bleed much after it? Can you also advise where u got it done? My clinic can do it b it will be costly I think through them and would prefer going public.

Great go here you have the one!! Hope it works well for you!!

#34 ilovethebeach

Posted 03 October 2015 - 07:33 PM

Hi All,

Shiv - It can be a long wait.  Hoping you get some good news :)

Buddkins - I think cancelling the trip was probably the best thing.  The baby for mine had passed and stayed in for quite a while with no signs like 6 weeks so my ob said we will go straight to a d&c.   you might not have to have one.

My miscarriage wasn't an ivf bub.  The D&C I found quite easy.  I had it at a local public hospital with my private ob (this was before ivf).  Its a quick procedure, I woke up really well from the anaesthetic.  I had mcdonalds on the way home from hospital.  The pain meds they gave me wore off about 8 hours later and the hospital had forgotten to give me pain relief so ended up in a fair bit of pain.  It was good Friday near midnight so everything was shut.  Ended up back in emergency thinking something was wrong but they said no you just should have been given pandeine forte.  They gave me that, I went home and it was manageable.  Physically bounced back quite quick.  I didn't have much bleeding after the D&C less than a period.  I have heard you have more bleeding though if its a  natural miscarriage and there might be a bit of cramping through the process.

I remember the cycle after the miscarriage was longer and my period more painful but physically body wasn't too bad.

I think going public would be fine honestly.

Something I had heard is that you are more fertile the month after a miscarriage.  Didn't work for me but I know someone that lost 6 bubs in a row and managed to get pregnant again the next month each time.  Now 8 months pregnant.

I went on to have 2 healthy kids after the miscarriage.

If you do go natural just make sure you have pain relief and maybe someone with you at home, heat packs etc.  If you have any more questions please ask away.

Hoping it goes quick for you xx

Elly

#35 DorisW

Posted 04 October 2015 - 10:55 AM

Buddkins that is terrible news. I agree not travelling sounds very wise. I had a missed m/c at 12 weeks (not ivf) and elected to have a d&c, for me it was a really good option and was relitively straightforward. The emotional pain is the hardest to deal with. I hope you and your partner find comfort in each other.

#36 DorisW

Posted 04 October 2015 - 11:02 AM

The lab called me yesterday morning, of my 3 eggs two were mature and fertilised overnight. Because I only have 2 they will prob do the transfer on day 3 (tomorrow) if they are still developing well by then. Very anxious about the call I will get from the lab in the am.

Have acupuncturist booked pre transfer. Have other people found acupuncture good?

Shiv - I hope your call on Monday is a good one too!

#37 MrsP2014

Posted 04 October 2015 - 03:25 PM

doris-hopefully they have great news for you in the morning.

buddkins- im so sorry you've found yourself in this situation. be kind to yourself.

AFM- cd1 today so start trials this month which means clomid starts on cd 5. I've never used it before, any experiences? im also using pregnyl which I've not used before, so experiences with that would be great also.

baby dust to all.

#38 ilovethebeach

Posted 04 October 2015 - 03:52 PM

Hi All.

MrsSpawn - I found clomid really easy, no real side effects.  Pregnl im not so sure as Ive been overstimmed this cycle and they say its the pregnyl although I would have thought the high dose of gonal f had a lot to do with it also.

Well day 6 today and final call from the lab we have one more frostie.  This one they have done pgd on also.  So 2 frosties in total from 32.  Ill be chatting to the fs about the protocol as I think I was overstimmed and they have sacrificed quality for quantity.

Have to just wait out this cycle now and look forward to a fet early nov.

Hope you are all having a good weekend :)

Elly.

#39 jaeh

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:17 PM

Hi ladies

Elsee and buddkins sorry to hear your news, take care of yourselves and sending hugs.

Shiv have you heard from the clinic today in regards to your embies?

hello and welcome to the newbies.

Doris i have heard acupuncture before transfer compliements treatment well, i used acupuncture for a few months to help regulate my cycle and it did seem to shorten my cycle length a little. I have been thinking of also doing it again before a transfer. love to hear how you went.

mrsprawn good luck with the trial

ilovethe beach 2 frosties is great well done all the best for your transfer in nov :)

I started my first injections this morning, they have started me on a low dose with the Gonal F pen as i have high AHM levels and they dont want to overstim, however there is a risk i may not stimulate at all on a small dose so will have to ride it out and see what happens. In a few days i start the orgalutran does anyone have any expriences with these drugs?

:)

#40 Jo.F

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:30 AM

View PostBuddkins, on 02 October 2015 - 10:53 PM, said:

Thanks THESMD. Ye I'm in a dilemma. The doctor said if I keep taking the progesterone it will keep my body thinking I'm pregnant ... I don't know whether there's still a chance of the baby passing through and bleeding begin because at the end of the day it's Mother Nature who works in mysterious ways! It says online it can take a few weeks before your body catches up to what's going on down there ....

Buddykins I'm so sorry you're going through this. The same thing happened to me and I just went straight to a D & C. I couldn't handle waiting for it to happen naturally and found it slightly easier to move on knowing it was all done. Also sometimes when you miscarry remnants can be left behind and having a D&C will make sure you're all clean inside. And your FS may want to run tests to see if there was a reason that this little one didn't make it.

In terms of recovery from the D&C, it was a little bit painful for a day or so and I had heavy bleeding for one to two days and then it was just period like for a little while.   I've also heard that you are quite fertile after a m/c.

Emotionally it took me a long time to get over so make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to grieve. And don't feel the need to be polite or put on a brave face for other people. I literally didn't talk to anyone for almost 2 weeks because I just couldn't put on a happy face for others. It's a horrible thing to go through, it really is.

Thinking of you xx

#41 Shiv7897

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:12 AM

Heard back - day 3 - 10 embryos. Transfer on Wednesday

#42 Vanilla_bean

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:30 PM

Doris - I hope your transfer went well

MrsPrawn - I was on 50mg of clomid for 5 months and took it days 2 - 6. It made my luteal phase a couple of days longer. No nasty side effects. I hope the trial goes well.

Elly - I'm glad you got another frosty.  How are you feeling now?

Jaeh - I was on Puregon which is the same type of drug as Gonal F and on orgalutran. I started on 150 units of Puregon and had no side effects each cycle I was bumped up by 25 so my last one I was on 200 units and felt a little nauseated and dizzy but nothing major. I was so scared the first time I did an orgalutran injection that I almost passed out lol. Didn't have a problem after that when I realised it wasn't that bad. I'd been told it felt a bit like a bee sting and I was freaking out cause I'm allergic to bee stings so I have a bad association with that analogy. It really wasn't that bad just make sure to keep away from the area where any clothing waistbands will rub as it will be a bit red.

Jo F.  - it's so nice that you still check in on us and offer your advice and support.

Shiv - wow 10 embryos. That's fantastic!!!

Hi to everybody else.

#43 DorisW

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:26 PM

Wow Shiv a long wait but such good news, 10 embryos!

I had my transfer today (day 3) and it went super smoothly. Embryologist rang early this am and said both embryos looked good, one 8 cell and one 7 but he said he thought if he looked half an hour later they prob would both have been the same. We discussed waiting till wed but with only two everyone thought better to do today.

Acupuncture was awesome, I did it at 11 and my transfer was at 12.30. She came to my place and the fertility clinic is just around the corner so I arrived very relaxed. Regardless of the outcome of this cycle I'd recommend acupuncture even just to feel relaxed. I'm going back for another session on Saturday.  

My lovely man is on his way home to take me out to dinner :)

#44 Elsee

Posted 05 October 2015 - 05:09 PM

Budkins, I am so very very sorry. Thinking of you. hugs. xx

#45 strawberryblonde76

Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:57 PM

Hi everyone,
Wow so much happening since I joined the group!

Buddikins I am so sorry, I just had one a couple of weeks ago but it was super early at 4.5 weeks (before starting ivf...too good to be true right?!) It is a very emotional and sad time, look after yourself and tell close friends if you feel you need their support.

Doris and Shiv, that is great news on your EPUs and transfers...everything crossed for you. Doris I might try your acupuncture suggestion!

Elly that is good news you have 2 frosties for FET...interested to hear what they say about possibly over stimming?

I am sure I have forgotten lots of updates, I will check more often from now on!

AFM - EPU was this morning, earlier than I had expected (10 days stim). Not as painful as i expected but more painful than I thought it would be after AND I fainted in recovery! It was almost funny...

8 eggs, apparently all/most looking pretty mature. I'm 39 in 14 days so I'm happy with that! First cycle though so really no idea what we're doing or getting ourselves into. Hopefully transfer Saturday and any leftovers to PGD and freezer.

Hope everyone survived the heat today if you are in one of the early heatwave areas! Have a great week.

#46 pinki

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:42 AM

Hey ladies!
Sorry I've been MIA but I've started my extended holiday and have had trouble getting a chance to long in.

I'll be checking in on all of you here and there when I can..

Just wanted to send you all well wishes..

And a very heartfelt sorry for your loss Budkins.. It's just not fair.. I'm truly sorry...

And also to you Elly.. I'm sorry this wasn't your month!

Really hope everyone is traveling as well as can be expected and FX there is good news for everyone around the corner!

Edited by pinki, 06 October 2015 - 01:43 AM.

#47 strawberryblonde76

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:07 AM

Extended holiday sounds great Pinki!

Quick question...does anyone know what would be a 'good' amount of eggs to be successfully fertilized? Is there such a thing or is it completely variable and more about what you end up with by day 5? Sorry...clearly a total newbie!!

#48 jaeh

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:07 PM

Shiv - that's fantastic news :)

Vanilla bean - yes they told me the orgalutran may sting a little compared to the Gonal F and I may get a little rash in the area. Thanks for the tip.

Doris - glad your transfer went smoothly and fingers crossed for you 2ww.glad your felt relaxed with the acupuncture I'm Def going to look into it again.

Strawberry - that sounds like a great result for your first cycle I know they say it's a little experimental first time and they don't know how each person will respond. At least your were in the right place to faint if anywhere with the wonderful nurses around! Good luck for your transfer how exciting :)

Pinki - hope your enjoying your holiday. Where have you ventured too? Hope you are taking some much deserved relaxing time! :)

It's really nice to have found this group.
DB and I have decided to be very discrete about starting our cycle. My parents and best friend are the only people we have told as i felt I didn't want people checking in constantly and potentially adding stress, pressure or expectations. The support here is fantastic. Thanks ladies. :)

#49 strawberryblonde76

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:27 PM

Thanks Jaeh!

Just saw your comment re orgalutran, which I think is the same as Cetratide? If so, I found the first one I did I got a stingy rash the size of a 50 cent piece, but subsequent ones were total fine. It didn't particularly hurt/feel much different to gonal f, just a bit of work to prep the syringe versus the pen.

Good luck!

#50 Animal Lover

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:00 PM

Hi Ladies,

Buddkins - I'm so sorry to hear your news. Were they quite definite that you will miscarry? I'm hoping there is some hope for you.

Jaeh - I dont love needles so I used Emla cream on the area where I was injecting the orgalutran. It completely numbed so I didn't feel a thing.
I used ice for my gonal F injections too and didn't feel anything. It makes it easier knowing that there will be no pinching pain!

Good luck with the ladies having there transfers in the next few weeks.

I've been having a break, not because I've wanted to but because my cycle hasn't come back after my ectopic 6 weeks ago.
I went to the FS on Friday and my lining looks normal. So taking some meds to bring on a bleed and hopefully transferring my last frostie in a few weeks.
If that doesn't work (which I'm kinda resigned to) we will go for round 3 of IVF.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.