Ready Set Go Girls #256

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
122 replies to this topic

#51 Buddkins

Posted 07 October 2015 - 01:58 PM

thanks ladies for all your kind messages!!! this forum has been so supportive for me from the start.

I stopped the progesterone Saturday and still no signs of m/c coming naturally. I'm going to go to the hospital tomorrow have a final scan to confirm everything and then d&c!

hoping there wont be too much pain after but im looking forward to it being over and being able to move on.

I didn't travel with work and good thing I didn't as I haven't been feeling great. my boss wants to catch up shortly and I really cant face it but im not sure how I cant blank the call or say no. Its a weird situation to keep discussing with work yano.

I hope everyone is keeping well. defiantly some good news floating around which is good to see!!

Good luck to those going onto or now in their 2WW and good luck to any transfers coming up.

sending you all love and best wishes oxox

#52 jaeh

Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:15 PM

Animal lover - that's a good idea with the numb cream I work in dental so can easily get some! :) sorry to hear about your ectopic. Hope the meds do their job and good luck with round 3.

Thanks strawberry the orgalutran I have is all ready to go in single syringes which makes it easy. You were right , I started today and got a little rash and was a little stingy for a few minutes after but otherwise not much different from the Gonal.

Buddkins- thinking of you. Sounds like a good decision not to travel and yes it is a tough conversation to have with work. I hope the conversation goes smoothly for you :)

#53 strawberryblonde76

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:30 AM

That's good Jaeh! All this injecting is a bit of a learning curve isn't it! Cetratide is in a vial (powder) and you have to mix it and draw up into the syringe - not the easiest but once you've done it once all good!

Is this your first cycle? I found day two of the second injection the hardest...for some reason I was a bit of an emotional disaster that day, but after that was fine?!

AFM hopefully transferring our best embryo tomorrow. As of yesterday 7 out of 8 had fertilized and all bar one looking good. Hopefully will have a few to PGD and freeze.

Hope everyone else is good? It's quiet here this week!

#54 jaeh

Posted 10 October 2015 - 11:09 AM

Hi strawberry, It sure is a learning curve! ohh the cetratide sounds tricky! Yes this is my first cycle, I was a little emotional a few days ago but seem ok now. Feeling very tender around my tummy and a little fluid seems to be in the area. My injection yesterday really hurt! so i put a 50cent coin in the freezer and just put it on the site this morning where i was going to inject, then swabbed and it helped take away some of the discomfort so that was good. I also found lying back on a bit of an angle may of helped rather than sitting straight up,...... i will play with positions and things a little more and see how i go!

Did you have your transfer? Thats a great number :)
It has been very quiet , i hope everyone is out enjoying some of this glorious weather. :)

#55 MrsP2014

Posted 10 October 2015 - 01:22 PM

hi ladies,

jaeh- thats a good idea for the shots. i find doing them whilst standing up the best.

strawberry- that sounds like a great number for the freezer. your right it is quiet in here!

afm- day 3 of clomid for trials, haven't noted anything except being tired and a bit short fuzed but this may be due to a really busy week i had. have a scan on thursday next week to see how it worked. i also had my first acupuncture session yesterday i was sceptical going in but amazed coming out, the clinic i went to also participated in a study with my clinic about acupuncture support for ivf.

another week of pregnancy announcements.... sigh....im getting better at not getting to down about it but i definitely still have my "why not us moments"

hows everyone else tracking?

#56 Shiv7897

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:34 PM

I'm driving myself nuts - 3dp5dt!

#57 Animal Lover

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:06 PM

I hear you mrsp about the pregnancy announcements. Especially it's their #2 and you've been trying since before their #1!
I've just got to keep saying to myself, "it's not a race, my time will come!" Over and over .......!!!!

I've just booked myself in for acupuncture on Tuesday. I've heard it's a least good for distressing you.

Good luck to everyone injecting, taking tablets, or waiting.

#58 strawberryblonde76

Posted 11 October 2015 - 08:13 AM

Hi Jaeh, yep had the transfer yesterday so FX! Unfortunately prob not anything to freeze (what a difference from day 3 to 5!) although possibly one suitable for biopsy, will know today I think.

So onto the 2ww now. The embryologist as v happy with what she transferred, said it was a good one etc etc but who knows?!

Hope everyone else is well, and yes I sympathize re announcements. All of our friends (less so family) know we've been trying for a while so there's that sense of everyone watching and waiting too!

#59 ilovethebeach

Posted 11 October 2015 - 10:24 AM

Hi All,

Thanks for the well wishes all I am doing okay, 2 frosties are better than none.

CD2 of new cycle today, started estrogen to suppress ovulation in prep for a fet in 3 weeks.

My doctor called when I was at work so didn't get to speak to her about the overstim unfortunately.  I will definitely speak to her though before doing another stim cycle.

Good luck shiv and everyone else in the 2ww.

elly

#60 Shiv7897

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:05 PM

How long does the ovidrel trigger last in your system?  I thought it was 10 days but I did a test this evening (5dp5dt) and got a faint positive.  Worried its false.

#61 stace_wa

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:21 PM

Hi Shiv, I was using ovidrelle in my OI and it was usually out within a week except for a random round my body either held onto the hcg or a very early chemical pg. I would think it would be out by now. Fx its a true result! That's so exciting!

#62 DorisW

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:49 PM

That's exciting Shiv, Fingers crossed it's the real deal! Have you got another HPT to test your early morning wee tomorrow?

#63 THESMD

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:37 PM

Shiv - sounds like a positive to me. Retest in a couple of days and see if the line gets darker.  

Afm - I've been patiently down regging, AF finally arrived today so in for another bt tomorrow morning and will hopefully start stimming tomorrow or Wednesday.

#64 Shiv7897

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:19 AM

im trying to hold off for a few days (as i was originally planning to do), was originally aiming for friday, might retest wed or thurs and hope for a darker line.

#65 jaeh

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:31 AM

strawberry - good luck for you 2WW!

mrs prawn thanks for the tip, standing up worked well also.

shiv - hang in there during your wait , not too long to go now!

ilovethebeach - good luck with your new cycle

themsd- good like with your next cycle also

AFM - i had my first follicle scan yesterday and have responded well 20 maturing follicles in each ovary ranging from 6mm to 19mm, had my trigger injection last night and go in for egg collection tomorrow morning  :huh: . Pretty nervous about it as even the internal ultrasound was quiet tender but hopefully they sedate me well!

excited to see how many eggs get collected and last til day 5!

#66 THESMD

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:57 AM

Wow Jaeh that's loads of follicles! Well done and good luck for tomorrow.

#67 Shiv7897

Posted 13 October 2015 - 11:02 AM

Good luck jaeh!

#68 Tracey57

Posted 13 October 2015 - 02:05 PM

Hi Ladies,
Unfortunately my 2WW ended in another BFN so back in here and heading to the FS to start a new cycle.. Still pretty gutted from the result but determined to give it another go.

Hope all of you are going ok with your cycles

xox T

#69 strawberryblonde76

Posted 13 October 2015 - 02:23 PM

Sorry to hear Tracey...good on you for getting straight back on the horse. Be kind to yourself and see if you can do something nice in the coming days, maybe a massage os something that's just for you. Sending hugs xx.

#70 THESMD

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:54 PM

So sorry to hear that Tracey. Thinking of you xx

#71 Animal Lover

Posted 13 October 2015 - 09:26 PM

Good Luck Jaeh. Are you going right under or is it just a sedation for egg collection? Some ladies have had EC just under sedation but I'm glad I get put fully under!

Had my first acuppuncture today. It was good. Not exactly what I thought was going to happen, but it was just the initial consult and she actually worked on some other problems i've had with my back today. I must say I felt good after though.

Having my scan on the 19th so see how everything is going, starting progynova tomorrow so hopefully transfer happening in 10 days or so. FX

Tracey, sorry again. How are you holding up? Are you going to do anything different this cycle? I hope planning this next one helps you get through the disappointment from this last round.

#72 DorisW

Posted 14 October 2015 - 06:37 AM

Jeah I hope your egg collection is smooth! Sounds like you have a great number of follicles!

I'm excited to hear an update Shiv! Fx

I just did a HPT (9dp3dt) and was BFN so still need to wait till bloods on Friday but I'm not holding out much hope.

For those of you that have done FET can you fill me in on the process ... Your experience of it anyway. I'm hoping I can do one next month, but maybe they will make me wait longer??

#73 Vanilla_bean

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:02 AM

Hi everyone I'm back too after a BFN although probably won't be able to do another cycle this year. My next FS appointment isn't till mid November and for the first time ever I'm not rearing at the gate to go again so I don't mind the wait. I'm still waiting on the karyotyping blood test results before deciding our next move. If we keep going I'll probably have to have a lap done before doing another cycle. If the blood results are bad we won't try again. This failure has definitely been the lowest point in my IVF journey so far. Up until now I've always known what the next move will be, not having a plan and knowing that this could potentially be the end for is difficult.

Doris - I'm still holding onto a little hope for you. I had to do a freeze all on my first cycle. They made me wait a full cycle before the FET cycle. Mine was unmedicated so all I had was blood tests about every second or third day starting about day 8. They also gave me super sensitive opk's to do at home but because the blood test detected the lh surge I didn't need to use them. Once the surge was detected they booked in the transfer and defrosted the embies. I had 3 frozen on day one. They defrosted them all and grew them to day 5 but only one made it. There were different thaw plans depending on how many embies you had in the freezer. Your clinic should let you know your options.

#74 Tracey57

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:54 AM

Doris, sorry to hear that, hang out for your bloods though - you never know xx

Thanks for all your kind messages ladies, I'm doing ok.
Back at work today and just had the worst morning!  My boss gave me a hug and made me cry (cause he is so sweet) and then I ran into someone I havent seen for ages and he says out loud in front of the whole office... "arent you pregnant yet, thought you would be by now"... OMG I nearly died. I've only just stopped crying from earlier and now this guy says that to me.  I had no choice but to laugh it off in front of everyone, but what I really wanted to do and say I cant put on here cause it will get be censored. So rude..

Anyway never a dull moment hey!!
Thinking of you all, take care of yourselves xxx

#75 jaeh

Posted 14 October 2015 - 12:59 PM

tracey sending hugs , sorry to hear about your morning. I don't know when it became appropriate for people to ask or comment so openly about fertility, its so common! how is asking someone about their yearly salary considered a rude question but commenting on fertility even from strangers seems ok?!

animal lover -- i was just sedated, it was a little painful so they gave me some more sedation and i fell asleep so i actually dont remember much! I had to get a report from DB about what went on! Im glad your acupuncture went well

vanilla bean also sending hugs, take some time for yourself during this difficult time.

Doris still have my fingers crossed for you.

aFM thanks for the well wished ladies, egg collection went well today, i dont remember much and not feeling too bad this afternoon just a little bloated and sore. They collected 20 eggs and hopefully do a transfer on monday if we have some embryos that survive to day 5.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.