Very scared

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#76 blueskies12

Posted 01 May 2019 - 12:52 PM

Brave Love, how are you? Thinking of you XX

#77 Percival

Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:10 PM

I also couldn’t read and not reply.  I’m so sorry things are hard. I agree with seeking help in the special needs section. Sometimes life gives us some really unfair cards.

#78 daybreaker

Posted 01 May 2019 - 09:02 PM

It sounds very tough with your little girl but don't lose hope that she won't one day turn around and say "Mum" to you.

DS11 was diagnosed with moderate to severe autism (no levels back then so I suppose Level 2-3) at almost 3 years old. He started saying a few words at only 2 3/4 years and now talks fluently although he gets his sentences mixed up sometimes.

He has been doing speech therapy ever since then and also did ABA therapy from 3 years old - at the Lizard Centre.

As other PPs suggested definitely get onto the NDIS and hound them until they have a plan running for you (they need continual follow up calls to get things moving initially) and then get onto as many therapies as you can.  When our kids are young is the time to start as their little brains are more malleable and they can improve so much.

DS has always been in a mainstream school, has friends, is keeping up with schoolwork, does extra curricular activities and plays with his 2 younger NT siblings.  

Please know you can do this. It can seem very overwhelming in the beginning but please let us know if you have any questions. We're all more than happy to help!

#79 Noodlez

Posted 01 May 2019 - 09:41 PM

I couldn’t read and run either.

You could not have picked a more fitting user name Brave Love your little girl is lucky to be surrounded by so much love.

#80 newmumandexcited

Posted 01 May 2019 - 11:34 PM

I’m so so sorry to hear this love. All the love in the world.

#81 melanieb530

Posted 02 May 2019 - 12:32 AM

Remember your original story, appreciate you updating everyone. Hope you can stay strong and hang in there with your precious, beautiful and amazing daughter!

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.