IVF with PGD #107

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
322 replies to this topic

#1 ~Mintie~

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:55 PM

New thread time ladies. Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 loumel

Posted 29 October 2015 - 08:22 AM

New thread.... lets hope this one has better luck! Im waiting to do another cycle until january. Need to save. FS suggested not even doing the PGD.... Im not testing out a gene etc it was just for less of a chance of miscarriage....

She says we have done all the tests possible and there is nothing wrong with me..... except for repeated chemical pregnancies..... It seems such an easy answer to just say Im older which equals less chance.... so frustrating.

#3 Smoo

Posted 29 October 2015 - 07:34 PM

good luck with pickup tomorrow Green Lady... I hope you have some awesome eggs...

loumel - I guess it depends what you need/want. A miscarriage is devastating but PGD is extremely expensive if it's not achieving any improvement. Can you pop the best looking one in and test the rest?

I don't think anyone had much luck on the last thread, maybe this one is better for everyone

#4 Green lady

Posted 29 October 2015 - 07:50 PM

Thanks Smoo.

Loumel - the PGD lessens the chance of miscarriage in that you won't miscarry for a chromosomal reason as a normal embryo was put back. But of course it doesn't help with miscarriage for other reasons.

Maybe you could try one non PGD cycle. You never know your luck and a lot of this IVF is a bit if luck.

#5 wishfulMumma

Posted 30 October 2015 - 04:52 PM

Hey ladies. Sorry for being a bit absent. Lifes been a big crazy of late.

How did your pick up go Green Lady?

Well I found out that I didn't get the IVF/PGD funding we applied for. So we have decided no more IVF for us. We just can't afford it. I'm gonna look at using FSH with ovulation induction and BDing. It's not that expensive and hopefully will give us more than one chance each month.

#6 Green lady

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:54 PM

Hi wishful - I got 13 eggs but no news yet on maturity and fertilisation. Last time I had 17 mature and 7 disintegrated over night after being injected so that's a real concern for me again.

Sorry you didn't get the funding. I just had to hand over $10k up front today before egg pick up for this cycle. It's so expensive. Although will get some back of course on Medicare. The FSH will ovulation induction sounds like a good option for a lot less cost to maximise your chances.

#7 Smoo

Posted 31 October 2015 - 08:01 AM

I'm so sorry wishful - i thought they prioritised  younger people with genetic conditions :(
With BT there are a lot of people who have just weathered through miscarriages and had their children eventually.

Fingers crossed for you Green lady, hopefully your eggs are better quality this time

#8 loumel

Posted 31 October 2015 - 08:38 AM

How did you go Green lady? Fingers crossed!

Wishful im sorry too about the funding. We are having to save too and prob wont do the genetic testing.... I havent heard of ovulation induction that you mentioned. what is that?

How are you smoo? What are your plans?

Three ladies at work announced they are pregnant this week. Its hard.

xx

#9 Green lady

Posted 31 October 2015 - 09:02 AM

Hi all - out of 13 eggs 11 were mature and suitable for ICSI. Out of those 6 fertilised normally and are still going this morning. 5 either didn't fertilise normally or disintegrated ( I'd didn't ask the detail as I spoke to the nurse not the scientist. I found that last time the scientists give me too much information which drove me nuts googling and caused me more stress).

So last cycle at the same stage I had 7 going from a start of 19 and this time I have 6 from a start of 13 so I guess on a ration I'm doing better. I have asked for no calls until day 5. Last time I had 4 going well in day 3 with 8 cells each and then it all went to crap by day 5 and I had gotten false hope. So I'd rather than in the hope bubble until day 5 which is Wed.

#10 loumel

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:32 PM

Looking forward to good news tomorrow green lady!! X

#11 Green lady

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:38 AM

Feeling sick waiting for the call (maybe not helped by the champagne I drank yesterday at a Melbourne cup function).

#12 Green lady

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:15 AM

Not great news for me. I have 4 of 6 still going but they are only morulas and I think only one is compacting. I just can't see that by tomorrow any of them will become hatching blasts able to be biopsied. If one is even an early blast by tomorrow I will at least freeze it but not being able to biopsy defeats the whole long drawn out process of going PGD. So I have to wait another day to find out my fate.

#13 Smoo

Posted 04 November 2015 - 12:19 PM

I'm so sorry Green Lady. I guess there's still a little bit of hope

#14 Wonderstruck

Posted 04 November 2015 - 05:07 PM

Hi all. I'm new to the forums and IVF with PGD.
I am 28 and my hubby is 30 and we will be starting IVF with PGD at Genea in Sydney in early 2016 to keep future bubs safe from a dominant gene disorder on hubbies side.

We've had our fertility tests (except hubby's sperm test which is next week) and all is good there. next week we have our day of appointments with the scientists, geneticists and nurses then they can start making our pgd test which takes around 8 weeks or so.

Our FS is lovely and so far all seems well. I am mostly overwhelmed by the cost (we have a mortgage, HECS debts and have just renovated to make our apartment more suitable for a bub) and the time it may take to get an embryo without the genetic condition.

Also trying to stop hubby worrying about it being his fault and the cost.

Getting quite impatient to start but definitely can't start till next year 1 because of cost and 2 because I have hypothyroidism and it chose now to be out of wack after being stable for years.

I am excited to get started soon though.

Any tips or advice?

#15 loumel

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:22 PM

Hi green lady. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Xx

Hi mcbubba. I hope it's a first time lucky for you. My advice is be wary of drop off in numbers....

#16 Wonderstruck

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:27 PM

Thanks Loumel. It's all very weird, have no idea what to expect particularly as we haven't ttc before! Hubby is worried but having to do lots of cycles with nothing to transfer. FS wants to push hard for lots of eggs...

Hopefully after our day of appointments on Tuesday I will understand more.

We just need lots to test as it's 50/50 they will have the genetic condition, not to mention all the stages they have to survive to test...

#17 Smoo

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:28 PM

Welcome Mcbubba - I hope you have a lot of patience and be warned one cycle may not be enough so factor that in

I'm also hypothyroid and the IVF drugs have made my symptoms worse during cycle so be prepare for that...

#18 Wonderstruck

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:35 PM

I'm prepared for that...worried about the cost. We have applied for funding from our clinic but I think we will be unlikely to get it although it would be a lovely Chrissy present!

I have had a stable TSH for like 6 years and in my pre ivf tests my TSH had shot up from 1 to 10.5. the endo believes I had another episode of thyroiditis and upped my thyroxine from 50mg to 75mg..hoping that it all settles to normal soon :)

#19 Green lady

Posted 05 November 2015 - 09:28 AM

I've ended up with two hatching blasts this morning suitable for biopsy! I am in shock. I really thought I'd get nothing given that as at day 5 I didn't even have any early blasties just morulas. Two of them must have got their skates on overnight!

There's still a lot of hurdles but it's a better start than I thought I'd be today - now the 3 week wait for the results

#20 Smoo

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:31 PM

wooohooo Green Lady!
Let's hope at least one gets through

McBubba -eek how can you stay awake with TSH of 10. Admittedly i'm on 150mcg and still have bad days

loumel - we're waiting for January before trying another cycle, sometimes I wonder if it's going to be worth bothering tho :(

#21 Wonderstruck

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:55 PM

Smoo not sure how I hadn't noticed before but I am exhausted at the moment but to be fair, it's been a hectic year. I had a career change (from private practice law into a corporate role) to give me more time for a family and with much better Matt leave provisions, renovated, helped plan friends weddings, be in those weddings and everything in between...no time or money for holidays...

I can't imagine what you're going through Smoo :( hopefully the new year will bring a fresh start!

Hubby has read his prep instructions for his SA (finally after some nagging) and all the stuff he needs to so we can sign the consent forms and be ready for our appointment on Tuesday. Also can't help but hold out hope for PGD funding from the clinic but think its unlikely...

#22 Esseffaz

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:57 PM

Hello!

Long time lurker, first time poster in the AC thread.

This is my first IVF cycle and we started injections today. My FSH is Gonal F, then adding Cetrotide into the mix in 5 days.  

I'm 40 and DH is 44. We're doing PGD for this reason.  

We've had all the tests done and there's no reason why we shouldn't be conceiving.

I'm hoping for beginner's luck!

Fingers crossed, y'all xx

#23 Green lady

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:54 PM

Good luck with the first cycle Esseffaz

#24 Esseffaz

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:23 PM

Is it normal to feel a heightened sense of emotion after only 1 injection?

I'm feeling super sensitive.

#25 Green lady

Posted 07 November 2015 - 08:41 AM

I didn't but everyone will have different stories about their reactions to the medication. It could also be a bit of nerves and anticipation too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.