IVF with PGD #107

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
322 replies to this topic

#26 Wonderstruck

Posted 07 November 2015 - 09:00 AM

Hoping it all goes well.

I'm rather frustrated with my own body at the moment and I'm not sure how to sort it out. prior to being on the pill I had 28 day cycles, I stopped the pill in late June and since my cycles have been 45 days, 40 days, 39 days and I'm waiting on AF this month and currently on day 33...
Will cycle length make a difference?

My gp, endocrinologist and FS don't seem concerned but it's all a little unsettling to me...I'm not sure if my increase in thyroid medication will help or simply time...it's just rather frustrating as I just can't work out when to expect AF...

#27 Smoo

Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:17 AM

Welcome esseffaz - lots of luck, I don't recall being hyper emotional after 1 shot, but by epu I was

McBubba - hopefully you'll feel better if your thryoid is under control, stress will make it worse. My cycle has gone from 28 days pre-thyroid condition to 24  before diagnosis, it's crept back up to 25 with treatment but it's possibly not helping. I think FS are pretty used to dealing with varying cycles

#28 Wonderstruck

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:11 AM

AF had come at 35 days so its getting a bit shorter. Suppose I can discuss all of this with the nurse tomorrow.

Excited and nervous to get the ball rolling tomorrow

#29 Esseffaz

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:21 AM

I'm excited today, too.

I'm so glad we've got the ball rolling. I'm practically bouncing in my chair at work.

I know that we have many hoops to jump through over the next few weeks, and I should be cautious about getting too excited.

I just figure that we're in it to win it, so to keep visualising the big win will help it manifest into something real.

#30 Wonderstruck

Posted 10 November 2015 - 02:49 PM

We had our full day of appointments today and they're now going to start making our PGD test which will take 8-12 weeks at which point we can start our stim cycle. It feels so far away and depending on when the test is ready as I'll have to start some thing called progynova first.

Im trying to stay positive but it does seem like there is a lot for the embies to get through to even test.

Also a little worried about side effects of meds and risk of ohss...the nurse said i had low medication doses so that should help but i do already get headaches during my cycle.

All went well. We forgot our SA test form and had to go home and get it but luckily i live close to the clinic!

The clinic staff and nurses are lovely so feel comfortable with the choice. They have a 7 day before work clinic which suits well.

How is everyone else going?

#31 MissDolly

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:32 PM

Hi ladies

I've been stalking this thread for a while and hoping you don't mind if I join in?

After being told we needed IVF to conceive, DH and I were blessed with our beautiful son in July 2014. Unfortunately, unknown to us both, we are carriers for a genetic condition which we have passed onto our son. Although it is not life threatening and he is otherwise healthy, we would like to avoid the 1 in 4 chance that we pass the condition to subsequent children so have decided to give PGD a go. DH and I are going to hopefully commence our first cycle next week, assuming AF arrives as scheduled! I am both excited and nervous at the same time but looking forward to getting the ball rolling.

#32 Green lady

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:46 PM

Hi Miss Dolly - good luck with the first cycle. Those is the PGD camp seem to be a bit of a minority. Happy to answer any questions you have ( I am only on my second cycle ).

#33 Smoo

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:00 PM

A word of warning McBubba don't get into the position you need to rely on the regional offices, the city clinic is quite efficient in the mornings... the regional one was slow enough it was quicker for me to do the 40min train ride in and out to the city

#34 Wonderstruck

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:53 PM

Welcome Misdolly. Good luck on your journey :) you and  I are in  it for the same reasons.

Thanks Smoo. I actually was talking  about the city clinic. DH and I work in the buildings on either side of the city clinic so we are really lucky.

I just had to do a pin prick blood test on my MIL to grabs. Some DNA to assist with the testing....now the waiting game till we can begin

#35 Wonderstruck

Posted 11 November 2015 - 05:01 PM

Misdolly. Do you recall how long it took for your pgd/pcr test to be created. I really hope ours is ready quicker!

#36 MissDolly

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:27 PM

Hiya McBubba. Ours took about 4 weeks for the lab to create the test, which I thought was pretty quick.

#37 Wonderstruck

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:41 PM

Thanks Missdolly...hoping ours takes less than the 8-12 weeks estimated...I'd really like to start as soon as we can in the new year.

Let us know how it goes :)

#38 Smoo

Posted 13 November 2015 - 12:03 PM

welcome MissDolly lots of luck to you

#39 Wonderstruck

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:46 PM

I'm a super impatient so all this waiting is difficult...I'm going to have to busy myself so I don't go crazy...first mission is to start clearing out our spare bedroom so there will be space for a bub...that could take a while...

#40 MissDolly

Posted 16 November 2015 - 10:47 AM

Well it's happening. Picking up and starting meds tomorrow, scan on Friday morning to see how I'm responding. Feeling nervous about the jabs and hoping it all goes ok.

#41 Wonderstruck

Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:33 AM

Good luck misdolly! Hope it all goes well. I've got a bit of await ahead but am keen to here how it goes as Ill be up for the same thing soon :)

If your nurses are anything like mine they should make the experience as stress less and easy as they can!

#42 Wonderstruck

Posted 18 November 2015 - 09:41 AM

Its been a little quiet so hoping everyone is well. Suppose its that time.of year.

We've now had all test results back and everything is normal  (DH made me ring about his SA silly boy)

Playing the waiting game for the PGD test and possible funding assistance from the clinic.

Also trying to plan a sort getaway but its hard when you dont know when the process will start. Ive asked the clinic if they will let us start in Jan in anticipation of the test...i just dont want to push things back too much as each month its pushed back really is 2-3 once you wait for AF, the cycle,  test results and then AF for an FET...

Here's hoping i get more patient!

#43 Keen as mustard

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:58 PM

Hi everyone,

Our next cycle is planned for a PGD cycle after 2 miscarriages.

I have seen people mentioning funding for PGD cycles..what is the criteria to be eligible for this and who offers it??

Thanks
keen

#44 Wonderstruck

Posted 18 November 2015 - 01:00 PM

Keen as mustard. Genea offers it not sure if other clinics do. If you do a gooogle you'll find the info on their website. Applications close 31 October each year

#45 Keen as mustard

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:21 PM

Thanks so much for that McBubba2016!

#46 Wonderstruck

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:36 PM

Hope treatment is treating you well missdolly!

#47 MissDolly

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:33 PM

Day 3 of jabs and doing ok so far! Haven't had any side effects but I suppose it's early days. Got my first scan tomorrow morning to see how it's going.

#48 Wonderstruck

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:41 PM

Glad you're feeling ok Missdolly! Fingers crossed for some nice looking follicles!

1.5 weeks into waiting for our pgd and really hoping the test will be done by Christmas but DH keeps reminding me they said 10-12 weeks :( I need to look on the bright side...the longer it takes...the more time we have to save to afford this!

#49 MissDolly

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:31 AM

So my scan this morning revealed 14 small follicles, though apparently as its only day 6 everything is looking good. More jabs and another scan next Wednesday. Possible egg collection next Friday which I am a bit freaked out about!!

#50 Wonderstruck

Posted 20 November 2015 - 09:35 AM

14 sounds good :) hopefully it goes quickly. Make sure you get pamper after EPU and curl up in front of the telly!

My FN kept banging on about drinking plenty of water so keep those fluids up. I am terrible with drinking enough so trying to start now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.