Ready Set Go Girls #257

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
151 replies to this topic

#26 jaeh

Posted 08 November 2015 - 11:36 AM

oh my gosh im so silly! i have been checking the old thread thinking gee its quiet in here what have all the girls been up to , and i just found the new thread and seems i have missed alot!! sorry girls

welcome to the newbies and the gals that have been here in the past. I hope its a short stay for you :)

animal sorry to hear this wasnt your cycle. Good luck next round im sure your FS will get that progesterone under control for you. Hang in there and try not to loose hope

tracey and elsee all the best for the new cycle

essefaz - you will pick up all the lingo quickly there is a post with all of the abbreviations that really helped me when i first joined the group this is the link

http://www.essential...ationsacronyms/

thesmd good luck for your 2ww and its great you have a frostie :)

vanilla good luck with surgery and a fresh start next year. I hope its your year

#27 Elsee

Posted 08 November 2015 - 12:31 PM

Aargh! So frustrated! Just had my mother in law on the phone to DH. She was telling him her opinion that all I need to do to get pregnant is "put on some weight". I wish people with well meaning advice but no idea would just keep their advice to themselves. I am naturally a small person but have a BMI totally within the normaly range and my FS holds zero concerns about my weight. If it was as easy as that, doesn't she think I would have done it by now???!!! Sorry about the rant, having a bad day. x

#28 ilovethebeach

Posted 08 November 2015 - 05:05 PM

Hi All,

I am 11dp6dt have managed to not poas.  Going for test tomorrow would really love some good news :)  Cramps have lessened so we will see.

Vanilla - Don't mind you asking at all.  I am 38 so because of my age the FS suggested that we use pgd.  Im not convinced of it with our 2 frosties we had one tested and one not.  With pgd they have to grow to day 6 before they can test and the test can damage the embryo.  We were lucky the one we had tested came back clear so we popped that one in this time.  Its extra $$ and a long process.  They did try to convince us that we should have sex selection as we have high functioning autism on the male side but I felt uncomfortable with that and decided not to proceed.  So they just looked for chromosomal issues.  I did get the feeling that I was being upsized by the clinic (ie: do you want fries with that..).  If you have any questions feel free to pm me :)

Welcome to all the newbies hoping we all get early xmas presents.

Elly

Edited by ilovethebeach, 08 November 2015 - 05:18 PM.

#29 ilovethebeach

Posted 09 November 2015 - 06:39 PM

Hi All,

Well I had the official blood test today and :BFP:

Trying to get over the shock of it, you spend so long ttc so its a bit of shock when it actually works!

Spreading some baby dust around and hoping we now see a rush of BFPs for all of you lovely ladies.

Elly

#30 Elsee

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:50 PM

Congratulations Elly. Wonderful news for you. All the best. x

#31 Animal Lover

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:25 PM

Congrats Elly. It's great to see some good news!

Tracey - elonva is a long acting injection. One injection takes the place of 5 days of daily injections. So I think it's awesome! I went from 3 eggs with gonal f to 26 eggs with elonva. That was too big a jump so this time she's lowered my dose which I had today.
Elsee I see you are using it this time too. Let me know if you have any side effects. I didn't really last time so hoping it's the same this time.
I hope things have settled with your mother-in-law. Everyone has some well meaning advice which they never realise it totally insulting!

Good luck with everyone else stimming.

#32 THESMD

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:19 PM

Congratulations Elly! Fantastic news! Hopefully I'll be joining you on Wednesday... FX!

#33 Tracey57

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:19 AM

Congrats Elly, thats wonderful news :)

FX for you THESMD!

I'm a bit panicky - DH is sick, had a cold and chesty cough for the last few days, now I'm worried its going to affect his sample and quality.. I've got to call the clinic when AF arrives to finalise dates etc so am going to talk to the nurse then, but can anyone please set my mind at ease!! :(

Edited by Tracey57, 10 November 2015 - 07:23 AM.

#34 Wango

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:23 PM

Hi Tracey, same thing happened to me last month and was told that the actual sperm are made in the testicles 75 (I think!) days before so should not affect quality for this month.  Maybe it was three months now I think about it but it was a long lead time regardless!

#35 Vanilla_bean

Posted 11 November 2015 - 06:58 AM

Congratulations Elly that's awesome!
Thanks for the info on PGD. Unfortunately my clinic has a set price for testing for up to 14 embryos. So it costs the same if you test one or test 14. Our FS explained if we were to do it it would be best to 'bank' a few embryos each cycle until there were about 10 before getting them tested. Because we will probably only have one more cycle and because I never get any suitable for freezing we've decided to give it miss and just hope for the best.

Tracey - I wouldn't worry EMM is right some sperm are made up to three months earlier. There will also be some younger ones in the sample but unless your DH had a raging fever it probably won't have had any effect.
My DH has pretty poor count and motility but last cycle his sample improved enough to be able to do IVF not ICSI and we got 100% fertilisation rate and that was with a sample at the low end of normal. So even if there was a slight effect from the cold you should still be fine.

#36 MrsP2014

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:55 PM

yay elly!!!

tracey- i wouldn't think it would matter, however i do know that everything is a worry during this journey.

afm- cd10, just trucking along taking my oestrogen. scan on monday then hopefully FET next saturday. feels weird to take BCP to get pregnant but hey what ever works. any advice for FET prep and post care?

#37 jaeh

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:19 AM

Congratulations elly fabulous news! :)

#38 Esseffaz

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:03 AM

I just had a blood test and a scan.

They counted 14 eggs, which I've been told is good. 2 are an excellent size, 7 are a good size and the rest are quite small.

Is that good? Average?

It was bizarre seeing those black holes on the screen and knowing that they could turn into a baby.

THANKS SCIENCE!!

#39 ilovethebeach

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:31 PM

Hi All,

Essefz - that sounds like a perfect number, good luck :)

Thanks all for the well wishes.  Unfortunately I had a follow up blood test this morning and I am miscarrying.  There is no hope for this pregnancy.  Absolutely gutted and shattered at this point :(

Elly

#40 Lily-bee

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:08 PM

Hi ladies,

Can I join here too? I don't know if it's the right group?
DH and I are just starting out AC journey. Currently having some tracking done and DH SA. FS reckon I may have some PCOS. Took us a while to conceive DD. we are trying for #2. Had a miscarriage in May.
So still waiting to ovulate and bloods yesterday showed estrogen dropping but LH rising. Would you be concerned? Still waiting for an ultrasound too.
DH has his SA tomorrow. We already know he has low motility due to an earlier test.
ELLY I am so sorry that it's not better news for you xx

#41 Elsee

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:28 PM

Elly, I'm sorry to hear. hugs and thinking of you. This sucks. x

Esseffaz, that's a great number. Good luck for EPU.

Welcome Lily-bee. I hope you can start to get some answers soon.

How are others getting on?

I am waiting for AF to arrive. Should be about Wednesday and the plan is to start stimming on Friday. Excited to be getting going again soon. :)

#42 Animal Lover

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:38 AM

Elly - I'm so sorry. People say doing IVF is a roller coaster and it definitely is. I know the feeling of a positive beta and then the horrible disappointment when it doesn't work out.
All I can say is give yourself time to grieve and for you and your partner to look after each other. Xxx

Esse- good luck growing your follicles!

Lilybee- good luck with your tests. Have they mentioned that you will have to be doing IVF?

Mrsp2014- the only advice I have for FET is just enjoy all the foods now that you can't have after. Smoked salmon, deli meats, soft cheese etc!

Elsee - hope AF comes with minimal fuss ie. No cramping!
Your using elonva yes? I had my injection Monday and by Wednesday I could already feel my ovaries getting full. I've been very tired this stimming cycle too.

Tracey- I'm in the same position. DH had a chest infection last week and went on antibiotics. I asked the doc and she said it should be fine. It was what was happening 85 days ago. But I just realised that was when he was in hospital with pericarditis! We do have a frozen sample for him though which we can use if the embryologist doesn't like the fresh one.

AFM had my scan with FS yesterday. Lots of good follies growing but they need a little help so going to top up with gonal f for the next few days and start Orgalutran tomorrow. Hopefully EPU on Friday next week.

How is everyone going?
Sorry for the long post (which I always seem to do!)

#43 Shiv7897

Posted 14 November 2015 - 03:26 PM

oh elly, im so sorry. i was there 3-4 weeks ago, and its just heart wrenching!

#44 MrsP2014

Posted 16 November 2015 - 09:49 AM

elly- thats awful! look after yourself and your DH.

animal- how you going with the extra meds?

elsee- thats exciting for a new cycle, what meds are you using this time?

welcome lilly bee, sorry you've ended up here, may your stay be short.

essaffez- any update?how are you going?

AFM- just had my scan pre transfer, all go for saturday for FET. so excited!! start progesterone tonight.

baby dust to all

#45 Gagingi

Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:19 AM

Hi Ladies

We're about to start another cycle, so I'd love to join with you all again.

Elly - sorry to hear your news. Thinking of you.

Tracey - my DH has to sit with an ice pack on his equipment for 30-60 minutes a night and wear boxers, so maybe that might be good for your DH right now?

Elsee - I hear you with the well meaning (?!?) advice. A doctor friend of DH has said she just needs to stress less. Awesome, blame the female some more! I asked FS about that this morning (in front of DH) and he said it was total b******! Yay, DH can tell his mate to bugger off.

Animal - if you are tired while stimming, I'd increase your protein. I've found that can help and the nurses recommend extra protein too when stimming.

Vanilla - I've taken DHEA and didn't notice any side effects. I stop taking it when stimming and during TWW, so haven't been on it a lot. I'll start it again after this cycle and as we'll need a break over Christmas I'll be taking it for a while then.  

AFM - I've got the AF from hell. Day 3 and still taking Endone to deal with the cramps. We went to FS this morning, but need to wait for my lining to reduce to start stimming (FS#2 doesn't like new lining to build on top of old lining). So we'll go back Wednesday and hopefully start then. This cycle will be Gonal-F and Menopur, with Cetrotide and growth hormones (plus all the other goodies FS#2 adds in). We'll probably do PGD this cycle and a freeze all, but we'll have to see how it all turns out.

Baby dust to all!

#46 Esseffaz

Posted 16 November 2015 - 12:22 PM

Oh, Elly. I am so damn sorry and gutted for you. I can only imagine the disappointment you must feel. Go easy on yourself.

MrsP, I had another scan today. Sonographer seems to think that I'll be triggered on Thursday night and be scheduled for EPU on Saturday.

I didn't know Genea did EPUs on Saturday, so that's a bonus if it happens.

I've convinced myself that all things are coming up me and that we'll get a BFP. I've been cautioned about setting myself up for disappointment, but I'll deal with that if it happens.

#47 Vanilla_bean

Posted 16 November 2015 - 08:43 PM

Hi ladies I just need to share this with people who will understand. I just found out the my stepson's girlfriend is pregnant. We all know what it's like to hear constant pregnancy announcements. No matter how close you are to the couple there will always be that pang of grief that you are yet to hold your own little one in your arms. I really am happy for them but the hurt I'm feeling now is huge. And I can't hide away from this one like I have with other pregnant friends. What hurts me most is I can't even feel happy for DH. He's going to be a grandfather and I know he's excited about that but right now I can't get beyond feeling sorry for myself. This has made me feel old and inadequate and question whether we should even bother with one last cycle. If we were successful DH would have a kid younger than his grandkid. Is this a sign that it's time to stop?

#48 Gagingi

Posted 16 November 2015 - 08:57 PM

Oh Vanilla, that would be devastating. I adore my niece and nephew, but since TTC I feel a pang every time I see them. DH feels it too. We also live opposite a child care centre and primary school - pick up time is torture. In terms of going forward, imagine all that you have to offer a little one. I don't think it is a sign. I have many friends whose siblings are younger than their kids - big catholic families! Another advantage I'd suggest is that your little one would have a family member around the same age. We worry that chances are the most we'll have is an only child and then we worry about who he or she will have, as we'd always planned on having more than one. hugs. If you haven't seen a psychologist, is there one you can access through your clinic - or see your GP for a mental health plan? It's 100% understandable that you would be upset and you need to process that grief. Thinking of you. xo

#49 Elsee

Posted 16 November 2015 - 09:40 PM

Hi everyone, it's been busy on here!

Firstly, Vanilla, no I most definitely do not think it's a sign. It's horrible and hard and incredibly unfair that you have to deal with this but it doesn't mean anything more than that. I really really really hope that all our times will come and then all this other **** will be worthwhile and make us appreciate the good stuff even more. Thinking of you, and I agree with Gagingi, maybe seeing a fertility counsellor would help you be able to process some of this? It's something I have thought about a few times myself but have never gotten there. hugs. x

Gagingi, good luck this time. We will be stimming together. Fingers crossed for us.

Esse and Mrs P, good luck for transfer and EPU!

Animal (and Mrs P), yes I am using Elonva this time. Hope it works for me. Makes me a bit more nervous using a different protocol and not knowing what to expect. I am also using Saizen (growth hormone), Gonal f to top up, orgalutran and then trigger will be decided based on my scans and bloods during the cycle. x

Thinking of you all!

#50 Esseffaz

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:00 AM

Vanilla, I wouldn't think of it as a sign. i agree with Gagingi. I hope you work through it and get your BFP.

My EPU is tomorrow. I am focusing all my energy, hope and positive thoughts on my belly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.