Ready Set Go Girls #257

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
151 replies to this topic

#51 Buddkins

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:39 AM

Hi Ladies!!!

Plenty of newbies on the scene but I also see some members I went through my last cycle with!!

Hope everyone is doing well.

its been 6 weeks since my D&C and waiting on the arrival of AF. Had a consultation this morning as a follow up on my procedure and she is encouraging me to go straight ahead with a transfer (I have 4 FET's). I had decided against it as I thought if I wasn't going through IVF then the miscarriage would never of happened but she advised me otherwise.

This has led me to popping back on here. If AF arrives in time to allow for a transfer to have been completed within 4 weeks then I will (moving back to the UK).

look forward to sharing experiences with everyone! xox

#52 yenta

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:35 PM

Hi ladies, newbie here. I am on my second ICSI cycle and am having a fresh ET tomorrow.

A brief history: me 30yo with no fertility issues. I have polycystic ovaries but not PCOS. DH 47yo and had a vasectomy reversal last year which was successful but sperm count and motility very diminished. We tried naturally for 12 months with no luck so now doing ICSI. We did our first cycle in September with fairly disappointing results - 23 eggs were collected, but only 4 were mature, 2 fertilised and one developed properly which was transferred at 3do but did not implant.

This cycle looks a lot more promising - I had 13 eggs collected, 7 were mature and 6 fertilised. The 3 day update was that 5 were looking good and one was a little behind in development. Am having a blastocyst transferred tomorrow and then BT on Nov. 30.

I enjoy reading everyone's stories, good luck to you all :)

#53 Animal Lover

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:09 PM

Welcome back budkins. Sorry to see you hear again but good luck and I hope AF arrives in time. I still hadn't had a period 6 weeks after my d&c so that gave me meds to bring it on.

Vanilla - it's the hardest thing to do but try not to compare your situation with others. Do you both want a baby together? Yes, I hear you say?! Then keep going!!!

I had my scan today cycle day 11 and I've got 16 follies on one ovary and 15 on the other. No wonder I look like I'm 7months pregnant! I feel so bloated. Gah!
So because of this I'm on OHSS watch again and will have to do a freeze all after EPU on Friday. Disappointing but I know they have my best interest at heart.

Welcome to the new girls in the forum!!!

#54 Buddkins

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:19 PM

Thanks Animal! you must feel so bloated!!! defiantly better for you that way. Fx everything works out for you!

#55 Mummy2Be87

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:18 PM

Hi Ladies,

we are on cycle Icsi #2, day 6 of injections today.

For this cycle I am on Gonal F 225 & Luveris 75 days 3-7, then adding Cetrotide on days 7-9, triggering  with Ovidrel and starting clexane before egg pick up. First day of doing 3 needles in one morning!

I am a little concerned all follicles on the right were small, all less than 10mm, whilst the follicles on the left were up around 19mm, the biggest 22mm, and a couple of smaller ones. Is this normal? Last time they all seemed to be a bit closer in size averaging around 14-15mm and also more follicles last cycle, last cycle I didn't stim with luveris.

Had a shocking migraine this morning, and have noticed I am a lot more emotional this time around.

In saying that all going to plan it looks like I will be triggering Thursday night and collection Sat.. Fingers crossed for you all.

x

Edited by Mummy2Be87, 17 November 2015 - 04:20 PM.

#56 Tracey57

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:56 PM

Hi Ladies

Sorry have been offline for a few days, looks like I've missed a bit of action !

Firstly, welcome to Lily-bee, Esseffaz and Yenta - and welcome back to you too Buddkins. I wish you all a short stay !

Vanilla - I totally understand how you feel, any baby announcement (at work/friends etc) always seems to hurt.  Its funny though I don't feel the same when I read one of you girls get your BFPs. I feel hope that if it worked for you it can for me too.  hugs to you xox

Gagingi - good to hear from you and best of luck to you this time around xx

Elly - I'm so sorry to hear your news, it really really sucks!! Take care of yourself xo

Animal - wow 31 follies, that is a huge number. GL for EPU and take it easy x

MrsP - GL for your FET on Saturday :)

Mummy2be - GL for your EPU on Sat as well :)

Phew - sorry if I missed anyone!!

AFM - I had my 1st scan today and I've got 5 follies on the L and 5 on the R, all about the same size. I've been on Gonal-F 225 for 6 days and add Cetrotide to that starting today.  I feel pretty yuck and bloated but definitely nothing like you Animal!!  We are scheduled for EPU and DHs testicular biopsy on Mon 23/11.  DH is slowly on the mend so FX he will be fine by then and they will be able to find some good swimmers..

Take care everyone xox

#57 Esseffaz

Posted 18 November 2015 - 09:23 AM

It's an eggsciting day for an EPU!

#58 Gagingi

Posted 18 November 2015 - 09:56 AM

Good luck Esseffaz. I hope you get lots of healthy mature little eggies!

#59 Esseffaz

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:30 PM

8 eggs all up. The whole process was quite painful. Recovering now on the couch.

I've asked them to call DH with egg updates. We get one tomorrow to confirm number fertilised, then a 3 day call and then a final call on day 5 to tell us what we're left with.

#60 Belle82

Posted 18 November 2015 - 05:03 PM

Got a negative pregnancy test result today 😞 heartbreaking

#61 Esseffaz

Posted 18 November 2015 - 05:07 PM

I'm so sorry, Belle. We put so much of ourselves on the line emotionally with this process.

#62 Gagingi

Posted 18 November 2015 - 05:27 PM

Belle - so sorry to hear that. It is so hard. Thinking of you.

Esseffaz - I found my first EPU the most painful and that is when I got the least eggs (go figure). I'd strongly recommend that you watch out for constipation. I now take Movicol and hydalyte after EPU, both of my FSs have agreed to my doing this.  Other than that, rest up, and good luck for some great ferilisation rates.

Buddkins - welcome back. I hope AF arrives soon.

Animal - I hope you and your eggies are travelling okay.

Tracey - glad to hear DH is on the mend and that you have a good number of follies.

Mummy2Be - I hope the head has improved and you are feeling better. Not long to go now.

AFM - finally started on injections today - 3 per day to start with and I still have bruises from my last cycle! :unsure:  I think EPU will be in a couple of weeks.

#63 Belle82

Posted 18 November 2015 - 05:42 PM

View PostEsseffaz, on 18 November 2015 - 05:07 PM, said:

I'm so sorry, Belle. We put so much of ourselves on the line emotionally with this process.

It's the first time we have made it this far, how do people cope with it?

#64 LuckyStar2015

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:05 PM

Hi all, newby to this buddy group, hope that's ok :)

Firstly, I wanted to say I how sorry I am for Elly & Belle :(  You must be utterly heartbroken *love and hugs*

Secondly, Vanilla - my DH became a grandfather a week and a half ago. I was utterly devastated when I first found out his daughter was pregnant, got over it a bit, then got even more devastated when the baby was born. I don't believe it is a sign, as the two are not mutually exclusive.

I am on my 2nd IVF/ICSI cycle, with my first one being cancelled last month at CD15, as I only had one decent follicle. This time around, they've upped my Gonal-F dose from 50 to 100 (to start), on CD5 today. Cetrotide & Luveris injections to come, expecting those around CD7-9. Yay for 3 injections a day! Really hoping for a better outcome this time, as it was so much to go through for two weeks for nothing to happen at all :(

#65 Gagingi

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:27 PM

Belle it's very hard and right now you'll still have lots of hormones running through your body which will not be helping.  I closed down after the first cycle failed - I think I was mildly depressed and a bit in shock.  If you want to cry then I would.  I find the best thing is planning the next cycle and making an appointment with your FS (if that is what you are going to do).  I got DH to tell anybody that knew we were doing the cycle as I didn't want to talk about it. Just be very gentle on yourself - you've been through a lot physically and emotionally.

I found going for a mindful walk helpful. Just a gentle walk whilst paying attention to the five senses. Really concentrating on my feet hitting the grass/path and what I could see and hear etc. By doing this I found I could get a few minutes respite from ruminating about fertility matters. I also watched a lot of rubbish TV (two seasons of Reign) as AF was very painful.

After our last failed cycle I contemplated going to see one of the psychologists at our clinic, but now that we've started on another cycle, I don't feel the need to do that right now.  However I'd keep an eye on your mood and maybe ask DH as well to keep an eye on you, and if you are struggling seek some extra support. We have a cat who is a big support too and a friend got a puppy after her failed cycle. Pets can help.

You will feel better, but I know right now is a horrid time and I'm really thinking of you. xo

#66 Esseffaz

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:47 PM

View PostGagingi, on 18 November 2015 - 05:27 PM, said:

Belle - so sorry to hear that. It is so hard. Thinking of you.

Esseffaz - I found my first EPU the most painful and that is when I got the least eggs (go figure). I'd strongly recommend that you watch out for constipation. I now take Movicol and hydalyte after EPU, both of my FSs have agreed to my doing this.  Other than that, rest up, and good luck for some great ferilisation rates.

Thanks for the tip, Gagingi. I'll get onto that tomorrow. I feel really stiff and sore from the waist down, so presumably constipation is on the cards.

#67 Vanilla_bean

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:03 AM

Thanks so much ladies for your words of wisdom. It really does help knowing there are others who completely understand.
I do have access to a counsellor through the clinic. I haven't seen one yet but if I continue to feel this way every time I hear a pregnancy announcement I'll do something about it. I'm obviously repressing my feelings and they just come rushing to the surface when I'm faced with pregnancy.

Animal you make me laugh. Yes is right!

Tracey I'm exactly the same where everyone here is concerned. It's like we're all in this leaky boat together and its cause for celebration when one of us gets off.

Welcome back Buddkins and welcome to even more new friends. I guess we're gonna need a bigger boat.

Esseffaz I hope you feel a bit better today and get some good fertilisation news.

LuckyStar - omg wow another step grandmother in our group! It's such a weird feeling. I'm sure I'll be the same when this baby arrives. While being completely happy for them it's like someone is holding up a neon sign saying 'You don't have a baby' and shoving it right in your face.

#68 yenta

Posted 19 November 2015 - 12:38 PM

Mummy2be - I am also on ICSI cycle #2 and like you I am also a lot more emotional this time - I've been somewhat depressed since starting the cycle and it's been slowly getting worse. I wonder if taking all these hormones puts our bodies/minds out of whack - I certainly haven't been my normal self since I started the cycle. Hope your migraine has subsided and good luck for your EPU :)

I had my ET yesterday and was told that the blastocyst they were transferring looked good. They called me today to let me know of the five remaining embryos, one made it to blastocyst stage and has now been frozen, the other four did not make it.

Am now in the limbo stage waiting for BT which is probably the hardest part emotionally. I try to keep busy to keep my mind off it but that's easier said than done!

#69 Esseffaz

Posted 19 November 2015 - 12:40 PM

I feel like my internal organs are being crushed from the waist down. Ugghhh...

So, Day 1 update is out of 8 eggs retrieved, 5 were fertisilised at the party in the petri dish overnight. Brilliant!

Glad that hoop is out of the way. Now to focus on the Day 3 hoop.

#70 Lily-bee

Posted 19 November 2015 - 12:44 PM

Hi Ladies,

Thank you for the welcome.
I am just at the beginning of my AC journey but really value the advice and insight of you lovely ladies that have been through so much already. I watch all the people coming into the clinic and you would not guess they were having issues. Young women, older women, women from different cultures etc. I didn't realise until I needed help that there are so many people out there who need help too.

Has anyone started acupunture and chinese medicines whilst going through treatment?

I had one initial consult yesterday and I have to say it made me feel better afterwards. She also gave me some chinese medicines to take. I'm a bit worried about the medication though and whether it will  mess with my cycle?

Have a follow-up appt with FS early December and currently still tracking.
DH had his SA done and waiting on those results too.

#71 LuckyStar2015

Posted 19 November 2015 - 12:48 PM

vanilla - you're right, it's so bizarre, but also good to know that you're not alone for sure. My brother's wife is currently 6 months pg and that's even harder, as he is my little brother and I never imagined he would have children before me. I am very happy for them, but it really does hurt.

yenta - sorry to hear about  your lost four :( I am also on ICSI #2 (with first one being cancelled), but only on CD6, can't imagine the waiting! I am also definitely less positive this time around and am even having mini panic attacks with the injections which is strange. I hope all turns out well.

esseffaz - your poor belly! Great to hear about fertilisation :) thinking of you!

lily-bee - I have read a few posts around the traps where a lot of ladies have had acupuncture and swear it is what helped them. I haven't done it, but my clinic has no problem with it. They do say not to take any chinese medicines, so maybe just check with your FS / clinic before starting? All the best.

#72 yenta

Posted 19 November 2015 - 01:29 PM

Esseffaz - I felt the same as you do after my first EPU, it definitely sucks but it slowly gets better each day. Keep drinking lots of water :)

Lucky - I know what you mean about the mini panic attacks, I had one on my first cycle when I was trying to do the FSH injection - I'd already done a couple but for some reason I freaked out one time and couldn't do it - I broke down and was a mess for a little bit! Good luck with this cycle :)

#73 Mummy2Be87

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:18 PM

Oh Belle im so sorry - please be kind to yourself.

Gagini & Luckystar- I am on also on 3 injections per day, the same injections as you lucky, although a higher dose of Gonal F.... I was so scared of doing 3 injections one after the other but to be honest I think I am becoming numb to it, emotionally and physically and its only our second cycle. Im looking forward to watching some cheesy movies this weekend and not doing much else, maybe even a sex & the city marathon

I had another scan this morning and Bloods, day 8 of injections and the follicles range in size from 7mm to 25mm! I am silently freaking out but trying not to think about it too much... this cycle we added the Luveris, I had 21 follicles last time however the egg quality was not what it should have been for someone of my age apparently. The left ovary has all the big follicles and a lot more than the right, the biggest 25mm, a few around 17-20mm and a couple smaller ones whilst the right ovary has 10 under 10mm and the biggest at 14mm... should I be concerned? It wasn't like that last cycle?

I am so headachy and feel like my head is clouded...however Im definitely not as bloated as I was at this point before egg collection last cycle, even the ovary twinges are a lot less than last cycle. I was severely bloated last time and went up 2 dress sizes before egg collection.

Spreading lots of Good Luck xx

#74 Gagingi

Posted 19 November 2015 - 03:45 PM

Mummy2be - I find I go up in size day one of injections and then in about a week in I'm waddling, and then somehow go up another 5kg after the trigger. Then I'm better for 5 minutes after EPU and then start bloating again. I'm also regularly on video at work, so I have a permanent record of this glamorous process. So sexy! I find my ovaries vary in what they produce - I'd love to know if they get better eggs from one than the other. One always hurts more after EPU too. What is Luveris for? I'm on G-F and Menopur, plus growth hormones and Cetrotide and will be triggering with Pregnyl.

Lily-Bee - both FS#1 and FS#2 suggested we save our money and skip acupuncture. FS#2 is very aggressive and I was on 16 prescription meds, plus various supplements last cycle, but he said no to Chinese medicine. Some people find acupuncture relaxing, but I don't have time for more appointments. I wouldn't take any medications without your FS's agreement. They might be natural, but so is snake venom.

Yenta - congrats on the transfer and the frostie! Good luck with TWW.

Esseffaz - congrats on a great fert rate and good luck for day 3. I hope you start to feel better soon.

AFM. I'm already bloating and it's only day 2 of injections. I'm also having to dodgy around unexplained medical procedures and time off as this is our 5th cycle since April. Then next week I'm having an intralipid infusion which is another 4 hours at the hospital. I'm also a bit flat and want to be a hermit, but at least I'm not grumpy (last cycle I found a temper I never knew I had - poor DH!). I think after cycle 1 we haven't wanted to get our hopes up, but you need some hope to get through a cycle...

Baby dust to all xo

#75 LuckyStar2015

Posted 19 November 2015 - 04:29 PM

Yenta – Oh maaaan, they’re terrible aren’t they. Sorry about the meltdown! That happened with my first ever Cetrotide injection. I had a massive meltdown over teeny wheeny bubbles and ended up forcing a nurse to stay on the phone to me the whole time. When they added the Luveris, I just drove to the clinic and forced a nurse to watch me do it… to stop another meltdown. Haha. I was fine after that, but this time, who knows… Just nervous it’s all for naught I guess.. Thanks kindly btw, I am sure it will go better this time around :)

Mummy2be – what dose of Gonal F are you on? I do know what you mean about the way you’re feeling, but remember that could be the meds too. I think a sex & the city marathon sounds amazing. And that’s coming from someone that’s never even watched it. When did you start your Luveris & Cetrotide and how many scans have you had thus far? Just wondering how different our treatments are. I’ve been told to go back tomorrow for bloods only (CD7) which is concerning, as I’m thinking they won’t even do a scan until CD10. That will really p*ss me off, considering that’s sort of what happened last time and then it was suddenly too late for me to grow anymore follicles. I’m starting to think I should change clinics…

I don’t know regarding the follicles as such, since I only had two last time and one disappeared, but I don’t think there’s anything to worry about too much, maybe your left ovary is responding better? I reckon ask them when they call you with the bloods results (if they do that). All the best, I really hope the headaches and cloudy head improve, it doesn’t sound nice :(

Gangini – Luveris is supposedly for improving egg quality. I’ve seen mixed results, some people say it helps, others think it hinders. I think like anything it depends on how your body responds. What is Menopur for? I will be triggering with Ovidrel.

I was bloated all last cycle from the second I started. I felt absolutely disgusting. Stayed bloated after my trigger (cancellation) and all the way until AF. CD1 the bloating disappeared. Started again today (CD6). Thank the unicorns and rainbows for all the very loose, flowy tops in my wardrobe! I was apparently grumpy last cycle too…. Poor DH indeed. I got extra grumpy when he mentioned I was being grumpy he he

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.