DH had a weird experience

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Box of Frogs

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:19 PM

We're renting an old place in country NSW - DH is currently living there and I'll be moving with the kids in the new year.

I think the house is about 100 years old. The previous tenants were in there for 15+ years and only moved as they had bought a house.

Apparently, he was dozing the other night and saw a blue light out of the corner of his eye. After he saw the light, he felt a heavy weight on his chest and was unable to move his limbs. He said he didn't feel frightened at all (more annoyed as he was trying to sleep).

He recited the Lords Prayer (or something similar - odd as he claims to be an atheist) and the pressure vanished.

What should we do? I like the house as it's cheap and close to everything but I'm not too fussed on sharing with something.

#2 Kalanchoe

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:23 PM

Sounds like Sleep Paralysis.

#3 OneDayDreamer

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:26 PM

I was going to say sleep paralysis too

#4 28 Barbary Lane

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:28 PM

I would just burn a bunch of sage sticks in every corner and then open all the windows and say "go towards the light".

Weird that he only felt annoyed and not scared though, that must be a good sign? The only time I had an experience along those likes I completely freaked; if I'd felt anything physical at the same time I probably would have run for the hills!

#5 Teds

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:33 PM

Def sleep paralysis.

#6 Abcde-La-A

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:35 PM

Personally I would do nothing and not worry about it. I don't believe in the supernatural so would assume it was sleep paralysis or a vivid dream.

#7 nasty snaugh

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:45 PM

sleep paralysis was my first thought too.

not fun (ask me how I know ;) ) but not spooky, and unlikely to effect anyone else in the house.

#8 MiSS_E

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:47 PM

He should mention to the doctor next visit at the least. Pressure in the chest, limb problems and seeing lights could all be symptoms of a heart problem.

#9 Loore

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:49 PM

I was also going to say sleep paralysis.  Sounds pretty much similar to what I go through on a semi-regular basis.

#10 lucky 2

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:51 PM

Probably nothing or he can do what he did, whatever was happening it seems that his response was perfect.
I don't think it matters what the origin of an experience like that is so long as it resolves.
I have an open mind regarding the possibility of non physical entities and if I've ever felt bothered in a situation like that I say p... off (or something along that vein).

Eta, or do what a pp said, get a medical check :)

#11 Stoked

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:11 PM

Here's a very interesting article related to this:

The Dark Side of the Placebo Effect: When Intense Belief Kills

http://www.theatlant...f-kills/245065/

#12 Trevor Trove

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:31 PM

He's got the Hag!https://en.wikipedia.../wiki/Night_hag

#13 Mistaken identity

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:42 PM

I've had that before - it was freaky! But I also put it down to sleep paralysis.

#14 ~*bella*~

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:49 PM

I have had similar and oddly enough I wasn't freaked either, just burn some sage and say "follow the light"

Hopefully you feel a sense of calm in that place again

#15 nasty snaugh

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:55 PM

View PostStoked, on 10 November 2015 - 08:11 PM, said:

Here's a very interesting article related to this:

The Dark Side of the Placebo Effect: When Intense Belief Kills

http://www.theatlant...f-kills/245065/

View PostOh. Yeah., on 10 November 2015 - 08:31 PM, said:

Well, that's me done for sleep tonight!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.