How to Cleanse a House

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Pearson

Posted 17 November 2015 - 07:59 AM

so, we have lived in this house for nearly 7 years now. Apparently some pretty bad things went on here, drug addicted sons yelling and screaming, the father of the house dying here, there was even a security door on the internal door to our bedroom.  the woman who sold us the house said it was because she used to foster children, and their parents would sometimes come to the house.

We have both heard people walk into the house and down the hallway while we are in the house alone (did not mention it to each other at the time).

Anyway, a lot of bad stuff has happened to us while we have been here, mainly to my DH, most recently, he fell through the patio roof while reno'ing and is seriously injured.

Our son has said he hears people knocking, and our daughter says she hears people calling her.  She used to point at things that weren't there are look past you at things that aren't there too when she was a toddler.
I feel like there are people here too.

How do i go about cleansing the house?  I want the bad " ju-ju" gone so we can have a year without a serious incident for DH, and the kids not to hear these things.

Do I get people in, or is there something else?

#2 Tigster

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:35 AM

My SIL told me a story once that when she first moved out of home her mum went to the house and sprinkled holy water everywhere to "cleanse" the house. Her friends thought she was crazy...

On one of the renovation shows last year one of the contestants burnt sdried sage (I think it was) to clear out bad spirits. So you could try this.

#3 28 Barbary Lane

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:55 AM

Yes was going to suggest burning sage and leaving all the windows open afterwards.

If that doesn't work and you're open to it you could always try a bit of real life ghostbusters? Google search in your area should come up with something.

#4 boatiebabe

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:11 PM

I have a spirit in my house.

I'm sure it's the elderly lady that passed away in the house many years ago.

She is friendly though so I have not needed to cleanse her from the house.

Now that the kids are getting older it appears she has left of her own accord.

I have heard that you can also ask a spirit to leave the house and they will go.

Are you Catholic? Perhaps you could call your parish priest to come and cleanse the house for you?

#5 movingonup

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:16 PM

Pearson, where are you based? I have a woman in Melbourne who could help you...

#6 Freddie'sMum

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:28 PM

I don't know about cleansing a house OP - but we had a Priest bless our house when DD#1 was a baby.  I found it a very peaceful and quite spiritual experience.

Good luck.

#7 lucky 2

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:20 PM

I have a unsophisticated method.
If I sense things I have a chat, aloud, to whoever or whatever is around (could just be the cat though).
I'm usually gentle yet firm but if I feel frightened or threatened I swear very loudly and send them packing.
It seems to work, I consider it important that the living take priority over the dead and I don't share my space with just anyone.

#8 lynneyours

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:39 PM

We used to have a little girl in our place, I guess around 3-5 years old in a navy dress. We live in an 1850's building, so plenty of history.
Lots of people saw her or heard her and used to ask me about her, mistaking her for one of my kids and would freak when I said my 2 were at daycare that day.

I went from room to room saying out loud that her Mummy was waiting for her and she needed to go as she was scaring my children.  I haven't seen her since.  So she either moved to parts of the building we don't occupy or left.  

On a different note:  Did you get the locks changed when you moved in?  Could there actually be people walking in?

#9 Pearson

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:46 PM

View Postlynneyours, on 17 November 2015 - 05:39 PM, said:

On a different note:  Did you get the locks changed when you moved in?  Could there actually be people walking in?  

No, no one actually there when we get up.  It is a small house, so they can't hide.  Where they walk to is our bedroom. We changed a couple of locks, but not all.

View Postmovingonup, on 17 November 2015 - 12:16 PM, said:

Pearson, where are you based? I have a woman in Melbourne who could help you...
Brisbane, but, thanks :)

on the sage note, do you just get normal sage?  or special sage from somewhere?

We are not religious, so no priests here....

#10 Owliegirl

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:55 PM

It is called smudging. I use dried white sage and move around the house making sure the smoke gets through the the rooms as I do a clearing saying/chant. I often just say something like: Thank you. Now leave. As it is acknowledgement and a command.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.