The EB duck has had a nip and tuck!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 F.E.B.E

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:56 AM

Posted Image

You might notice something different while visiting Essential Baby today. That’s because we’ve made a small change to our logo, updated the fonts, colours and most significantly, introduced a fresh new duck icon.

Posted Image

We know that change can be hard and it might take a while to get used to our friendly new duck. Be assured that the changes have been made for good reason, as outlined below.

While the logo may have changed, our commitment to support mums  through the journey of motherhood hasn’t.

What has changed?

The Essential Baby logo including the font and duck have been given a fresh new look. The new logo is made of different fonts, refreshed colours and the yellow duck has been given a makeover.

Why is the Essential Baby logo changing?

As the Essential Baby, Essential Kids and Find a Babysitter brands evolve we are rolling out fresh and consistent logos across the Fairfax parenting portfolio. Our last logo refresh was in 2012, and before that in 2006. You can see the evolution of our logo in the image below.

Last month we unveiled the new Essential Kids paper plane logo. The new Essential Baby logo will complement these fonts and styles.

Extensive research indicated that the duck still held deep affection and meaning for mums and dads around Australia, so we made sure we didn’t throw out the duck with the bathwater. We did, however, give her a little nip and tuck.

Why change the duck?

As our business has grown, our duck is needed in more and more places. On mobile devices, on signage at the Essential Baby and Toddler show and in print publications just to name a few. You may have heard that our old duck was a diva, but she was simply hard to work with!

What hasn’t changed?

While our logo evolves over time, our brand values remain the same. We continue to support mums  through the journey of motherhood by helping them  feel well informed, supported and connected in an honest and non-judgmental environment.

What about the website?

For now the website stays the same, however we’re excited to announce that we’re working on a new and improved essentialbaby.com.au - to be launched in 2016.
Stay tuned for updates!

Our logo history:

How many of these logos do you remember?

Posted Image

#2 Riotproof

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:16 AM

Cute!

#3 Puggle

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:24 AM

Oh wow, remember the teal? I feel old.

#4 Therese

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:29 AM

View PostPuggle, on 23 November 2015 - 10:24 AM, said:

Yes and so do I!

#5 darcswan

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:31 AM

I like the new duck & its sassy little tail.  Cute :)

#6 JustBeige

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:39 AM

View PostPuggle, on 23 November 2015 - 10:24 AM, said:

I was just thinking the same thing

The new Duck and font looks great Amber :)

#7 MiSS_E

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:39 AM

Mine hasn't changed? I have the one under 2012 at the top of my page.

#8 F.E.B.E

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:56 AM

The changes will take a few hours to roll out across all the servers so you may not see the logo until later today.

#9 Kylie Orr

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:54 AM

Looks great!

Maybe we should have a comp to name the new duck?

Something to do with the letters "E" and "B"?

How about "Ernie Bert" :rofl:

"Enid Blyton"?

Or does he/she already have a name?

#10 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:06 AM

Noooo I can't deal with more forum changes.

Original Teal member (under diff login).

#11 ~9YearsLater

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:18 AM

Like the new look. I remember the 2006 logo (I joined in 2008) and I also remember a thread asking whether anyone else could see the 'cafe' in the y. I always could and I can't 'unsee' it eve.r

#12 F.E.B.E

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:12 PM

View Post~Alchemy~, on 24 November 2015 - 10:18 AM, said:

Like the new look. I remember the 2006 logo (I joined in 2008) and I also remember a thread asking whether anyone else could see the 'cafe' in the y. I always could and I can't 'unsee' it eve.r

I've never  noticed that before! I always thought that was a baby dummy

#13 Cranky Old Woman

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:21 PM

I didn't even notice.

#14 lozoodle

Posted 26 November 2015 - 11:18 AM

Mine has changed on internet explorer, but not on google chrome.

#15 YodaTheWrinkledOne

Posted 26 November 2015 - 11:23 AM

I think it all looks good.

I remember the original logo and font .....

#16 IamtheMumma

Posted 26 November 2015 - 11:33 AM

I know the nip and tuck stuff is meant as a joke, but I'm disappointed. The prized youthfulness is alive on EB.

The 2012 duck image was too hard to work with and needed to be changed to allow the image to be used across a broader range of media. So we've made a new one that does this. Meet 2015 Duck.

I like 2015 duck.

#17 JustBeige

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:38 PM

Thanks for reporting everyone.

I have removed the post that refers to the spammer, just in case google brings them back :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.