Dec 2WW

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
146 replies to this topic

#26 MarleyS

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:05 PM

Sorry Lucky...didn't mean to make you itchy!

#27 LuckyStar2015

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:12 PM

haha as long as we're both itchy, it's ok :)

#28 MarleyS

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:23 PM

Lol...but I am definitely too early at 2dp...

#29 strawberryblonde76

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:18 PM

Personally I will prob wait til the morning of the test and then do one, I'd rather know at home in my own time than over the phone! But I will try v hard to wait til then. My period would be due before my BT date anyway so I'll prob know if it's a bfn as that will happen a day or two before. Aargh the waiting is killing me. I have slight queasiness on and off now too so trying v hard to put it down to the progesterone.

#30 LuckyStar2015

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:27 PM

I don't think I'll do one at all, I'll just wait, as much as it makes me super itchy. Even the morning of. I just keep thinking, what if it comes up negative, and then I have to sit there all day just waiting for the dreaded confirmation :(

My AF is also due a few days before BT (due 11th, BT 14th). But I have heard the progesterone pessaries do sometimes delay AF.

How high a dose are you on strawberry? I have been getting queasy on and off. I blame the progesterone 100%

#31 Mummy2Be87

Posted 09 December 2015 - 06:23 PM

Hi ls pain has settled just getting regular twinges now the cravings Are crazy! Im not that hungry and dont have much of an appetite but i just want plain, salty carbs! Its all i can think about! :)

I finally did a hpt monday late at night around 9pm as i wanted to see it with ky own eyes and it did come up strong positive, i do wish now that i had done the hpt rather than waiting for the phone call as it still doesnt seem real, i think if i found out first by the hpt it might feel a bit more real if that makes sense, becuase after so many years of neg hpt and disappointment i would have screamed the house down had i seen it on the hpt first instead it was total shock when we got the call and then when i did the test becuase i knew it would be positive there wasnt the excitement more sure just reassurance, so i did it and handed it to hubby but i also understand that sheer disapointment when you constantly get negatives on hpt and in saying that if i had gotten a negative i think i would have been more devasted than receiving a neg call... sorry that probably waasnt much help lol

Xx

Edited by Mummy2Be87, 09 December 2015 - 06:27 PM.

#32 Gagingi

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:07 PM

Congratulations Mummy2Be87. So exciting. I'd love to have a positive HPT. Regardless of bloods I'd do one as a souvenir - though I'd just keep a photo! When are you due?

AFM: 4dp5dt. 10 sleeps!

#33 LuckyStar2015

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:22 PM

That's brilliant Mummy2Be! Salt & vinegar chips hehe

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'll get a BFN now. The cramps are changing to 100% pre AF type cramps, with AF due Fri. I'd love to blame the progesterone but I've lost all hope - I'm sorry is that too negative? I feel terrible sounding so negative on this forum, but I feel really crappy :( feel like doing a HPT in the morning and just accepting the BFN :(

#34 LuckyStar2015

Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:50 AM

Ok I think I'll be out tonight/tomorrow. AF is due tomorrow and I started spotting this morning. Just did a HPT and it couldn't have been a more obvious negative. I know they say spotting happens etc but not for me. I'm pretty devastated.

#35 stace_wa

Posted 10 December 2015 - 02:14 PM

Sorry to hear lucky. Take care of yourself /hugs

#36 Gagingi

Posted 10 December 2015 - 02:20 PM

Oh Lucky, I'm sorry to hear that. I'd so hoped for better news for you. hugs xo.

#37 LuckyStar2015

Posted 10 December 2015 - 02:58 PM

Thanks guys. In currently swinging between utter devastation and deluded hope that it's nothing

#38 MarleyS

Posted 10 December 2015 - 03:17 PM

Really sorry to hear that Lucky :( hugs

#39 LuckyStar2015

Posted 10 December 2015 - 04:33 PM

Thank you <3

I had a blood test this morning at the clinic (progesterone & estrogen levels) and they just called me, saying my tests have come back 'perfect' (not much of a surprise since they're all artificial hormones).

I mentioned the spotting and cramping / pain and the nurse said that there is nothing in my blood test to indicate a hormonal bleed and that if it was AF, my hormone levels should have dropped, which they haven't (but then I also wonder, if the drugs I am taking are just holding it off: i.e. I should have AF, but the progesterone etc is only just keeping it at bay for as long as I am on them?) She also said that it's possible I pushed a pessary too far as it can cause bleeding if it irritates / hits cervix. I don't think I did that...

Anyway. I have to keep taking all the drugs, etc and wait until Monday for beta. Or, I guess, for AF to turn up. She said to call them if I am concerned, but that I shouldn't be concerned unless it is fresh blood and I need a pad (sorry, TMI). I sort of feel a tad more positive after speaking with the nurse... but I don't know. it's all too much of a coincidence and shouldn't there be at least a faint line on a HPT by now? Sorry guys. I'm a shocker. SORRY.

#40 Mummy2Be87

Posted 10 December 2015 - 04:42 PM

Lucky I am crossing my fingers and toes for you.

How many days PT Transfer are you now? did they tell you the numbers?

That does sound positive :) Have you had any more bleeding or just the once off spotting yesterday morning?

Gagingi, I will definetly be keeping it as a souvenir, so I guess whilst we didn't get the initial "shock" from it it still means a lot seeing it on the test :)
I am around 4 weeks 5 days so I worked it to be mid august  but that will be confirmed at the dating scan, back in on the weekend for more bloods.

xx

#41 LuckyStar2015

Posted 10 December 2015 - 04:53 PM

Thanks Mummy :)

I am 8dp5dt today (with beta on Monday [aka 12dp]). Nope, they don't tell me the numbers, just said they 'look good' and 'don't indicate a hormonal bleed'. She did say that there's really nothing else they could do anyway, because my progesterone & estrogen levels are showing the right levels. All they can do is tell me to continue all the luteal meds.

I had the spotting this morning around 3 times, with the accompanying dull ache. I haven't had any more spotting since *touch wood* but the dull ache is coming and going.

Congratulations again, I am so happy and excited for you! So you're due in mid-August roughly? So exciting!!! Does bloating and pain settle down?

#42 Gagingi

Posted 10 December 2015 - 04:59 PM

Lucky - that all sounds positive. I know with my 3 BFN cycles when I was only on progesterone, it didn't hold off AF, so if the numbers are looking good I'd think you're in with a chance.  I do find the Crinone irritates and that can cause spotting. It can happen from the applicator, but also if there is a build up, or even if you just walk too fast. It also creates cramping. Fingers and toes crossed.

Mummy2Be - so happy for you. You're nickname is a good omen!

AFM: 5dp5dt. Nothing happening really and on Pregnyl, so no point in POAS. EPU pains settling. Found out our other frostie is PDG normal - so for the first time we have a backup!

Baby dust girls!

#43 LuckyStar2015

Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:10 PM

Thanks heaps Gagingi, that's very positive (apart from your BFNs of course :( )

This is probably a stupid question but at 8dp would a HPT show anything? I am clutching at straws of course, hoping you will say 'unlikely etc' but for some reason I felt that I should have at least had some kind of miniscule faint line....

So glad for you that the pains are settling, when is your next booster? Hopefully the pain is minimal or non-existent. A MASSIVE CONGRATS on your normal embie!!! So happy for you xx

#44 Mummy2Be87

Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:19 PM

LS, I would think you could probably test tomorrow or sat being a day 5 transfer?

I would think if it was your period it would come on more than just spotting? it does sound rather positive that they are happy with the numbers :)

from what I have worked out due mid august :) not really, I am getting bad pain on and off, nothing I cant handle (unlike the days before I found out where it was severe) but more so uncomfortable. I am definitely bloated and haven't been able to zip up my work pants all the way haha luckily I work behind a desk!

Thanks Gagini, I do believe in positive energy and vibes :) (most of the time)

x

#45 Gagingi

Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:35 PM

Lucky - some ladies on here have got early lines, but many don't. According to a blurb I've read, if it implants as per textbook (so starting 3dp5dt and finishes implanting by 5dp), then you may have enough HCG to be detected on HPT by 9dp5dt. If it's late implanting, then it would all be later and I believe they can implant up to day 12? I think unfortunately you'll just have to wait and see?  I'm sure if the clinics could tell us earlier with any certainty they would... I know it's stressful - I'm in the same boat and driving myself nuts. With the boosters I know nothing will happen, so just holiding tight. hugs.

#46 Gagingi

Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:38 PM

Mummy2Be - from what I've heard, you might not get those zippers done up until after you are holding your bub. There might be some shopping in your near future! :xmas_tongue:

#47 LuckyStar2015

Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:50 PM

Thanks to both of you for your advice, it's really helpful! In my case, the embryo started hatching just before transfer and I was told that meant if it was going to implant it would be at the lower end of the predicted 1-4 days following. You're right though, if the clinics could tell us earlier with a blood test, they would. And they don't. There's no reason to think a HPT would be able to....  Thank you, I will hold off and leave the other two in the drawer!

If only there was some way to stop from going bat-shiz-crazy huh?

Hehehe re mummy's bloating (I do hope the pain stops though!!) And don't worry, I have been walking around with undone jeans for weeks :) :)

#48 Gagingi

Posted 10 December 2015 - 07:04 PM

Glad we could help Lucky! I'm going nuts too.  Mine was a hatching blast, so it's either implanted or it hasn't too, but I need to wait it out. I'm feeling a bit crampy this afternoon and had a shocking night's sleep last night. Less cramps than earlier cycles, but usually my cramps increase in week 2, so I might be comparing week 1 of this cycle with week 2 of others. I'd felt some twinges earlier on, but I've felt those each cycle too, so know that can just be wishful thinking. My mood is fluctuating between positive and negative and I just wish I could sleep until beta day.  I think the TWW is the worst bit of IVF and unfortunately there is nothing that we or the medicos can do about it. At least at all the other stages we can get information from scans or scientists - with TWW, it's out of our hands. :pray:

#49 LuckyStar2015

Posted 11 December 2015 - 11:50 AM

We're hatching buddies! Here is really hoping that we both get BFPs and all of this craziness has been for nothing. I've gotten extra grey hair since transfer!!

Did you have a crap sleep because of the pain?? I really hope you slept better last night (and I agree, sleeping until beta would be wonderful). I kept having dreams about POAS and they all kept coming up with two lines ***officially gone nuts***

How are you feeling today?

Oh and also, I did some extra reading last night and apparently if you're on a lot of progesterone (which I am - heaps), it can delay your period, as apparently that is the hormone that tells your body not to have AF. Normally, the levels would drop significantly if you're not pg and you then get AF. So after spending about 3 hours last night reading articles, I am nowhere near anything! Hehe! Basically it is possible the transfer has worked, or it hasn't worked and I don't have AF because the massive amount of progesterone is telling my body not to have it (as they have raised the levels to the level it should be in pg). Does that make sense? So no closer to having a clue! It's gonna be a loooooonng weekend.....

baby dust xx

#50 Gagingi

Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:39 PM

We are hatching buddies! The pain has got worse again overnight for no apparent reason, so another bad night. Not fair when all I want to do is sleep through the TWW.  I keep symptom spotting, but I think it is all much the same as earlier cycles. As the drugs build up I found I felt worse in week 2 last time too. I have dropped a couple of kgs over the past day or do, so that would indicate my body is settling, but might not be good sign for positive result. That said I usually bloat with pmt and didn't return to normal weight on other cycle until AF. Grhhh!!! Who knows?!? Only 3 more sleeps for you. Have you got distractions organised for the weekend? xo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.