Dec 2WW

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
146 replies to this topic

#51 LuckyStar2015

Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:19 PM

Oh no, I'm really sorry to hear that. Are you still taking pain meds? They're obviously not helping, and I don't think lack of sleep would be making you feel any better about the 2ww at all **hugs**

Glad to hear you have dropped some kgs, that's really good, I'm hoping that means some of the pain starts dropping off too. Is there a lot of spotting, or? I don't think your body settling is necessarily a sign of a negative result either. It may not be a sign of anything at all except your body settling down!

Yes, 3 sleeps, but probably most of Monday to wait (they usually don't call until quite late with results. I might beg them on Monday morning to pretty please call me first. Or call DH so I don't have to deal with it....)

Well I am weeding the vegie patch tomorrow and then fertilising that, the trees etc, if it doesn't get too hot. After that, I really have no idea.. I can't think of anything else to do!

When is your test again, the 19th yeah?

#52 Gagingi

Posted 11 December 2015 - 03:00 PM

I'm on max painkillers Lucky. I'd thought that weight dropping would reduce pain, but obviously not - just weird. No spotting - with Pregnyl boosters I won't get anything until a week after end of TWW.  

To distract myself I'm wondering about a movie marathon or otherwise I have work I need to catchup on after the disruption of the last week...  Somehow I need to keep myself occupied until the 19th.

I hope the gardening goes well. xo

#53 LuckyStar2015

Posted 11 December 2015 - 03:46 PM

Oh sorryGagingi I misread what you'd written!

Maybe you have extra pain because it's the one :) I'm really hoping so at least.

My cramps have turned back into very AF type cramping/dull ache :(

Do you know if hatching embies are any more likely to attach? I'm driving myself crazy! CRAZY!

Oh that would be a good idea.... We have an annoying houseguest (I know, timing right, so not in the mood), but I guess a movie marathon is a good way of ignoring him ..... Hahha

#54 Gagingi

Posted 11 December 2015 - 04:40 PM

Lucky I believe hatching is good. It means that the embie is strong and progressing well. It's not a guarantee though. I'm driving myself nuts too (and DH)!

#55 LuckyStar2015

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:43 PM

Oh wouldn't it be good if it was a guarantee ...

I ended up caving and doing another HPT. Why on earth for, I'll never know. It came up negative, of course. What is WRONG with me!!

#56 Gagingi

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:47 PM

Sorry to hear that Lucky. It's hard to resist POAS! Whilst it's a mixed blessing at least Pregnyl removes that option. xo

#57 LuckyStar2015

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:55 PM

I should have never done the one yesterday and I would be none the wiser.. WAHHHH!!

Well I have checked and the test I use should be picking up HCG at 15-25 iU/mL, whereas my clinic says it tests for 100 iU/L, which is a hell of a lot more sensitive... so there's still hope yet :)

I am seriously such a fuddy duddy silly sometimes. Sorry Gagingi, it doesn't help you much either!

#58 LuckyStar2015

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:57 PM

View PostLuckyStar2015, on 11 December 2015 - 05:55 PM, said:

I should have never done the one yesterday and I would be none the wiser.. WAHHHH!!

Well I have checked and the test I use should be picking up HCG at 15-25 iU/mL, whereas my clinic says it tests for 100 iU/L, which is a hell of a lot more sensitive... so there's still hope yet :)

I am seriously such a fuddy duddy silly sometimes. Sorry Gagingi, it doesn't help you much either!

Wait. I don't even know what I am talking about. Those two things sound the same. What's happening. Who am I. What year is this. Haha.

**crazy time wasting update - mIU/ml is exactly the same as IU/L. So if I was pg, my level should have reached 15-25 by now :( :( is wine on the menu?

Edited by LuckyStar2015, 11 December 2015 - 06:07 PM.

#59 Gagingi

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:30 PM

Lucky - maybe ring the clinic in the morning and see if you can go in early for BT? I've heard of others doing that. I don't know why some clinics let you and others don't. Fingers crossed for you. xo

#60 LuckyStar2015

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:41 PM

Aww thanks Gagingi, I don't think they'll budge, they say they won't test until 16dpo (which is Sunday, but they're closed Sundays), so I don't think they will do it at 15dpo...

Ok I am calling them, though I know what they will say.... "home tests aren't reliable, only our test is reliable, wait until Monday *bossy voice* .."

Aren't you a legend Gagingi! I used the "if the HCG tomorrow is zero, I think we know it didn't work" and the nurse said "hmm that's a valid point". So she has done up a slip for me to have a blood test in the morning. Thank you so much. At least the BFN will be confirmed earlier and I can get AF earlier, and start planning for an FET in the new year. The nurse did say that it's often too early at this time for POAS, but quickly said that FETs have a higher success rate than fresh transfers. I think she agreed it should have read something by now.

Thanks so much for your support over the last few days, it has been really invaluable xxx

#61 Gagingi

Posted 11 December 2015 - 07:31 PM

Lucky I'm glad they're letting you test early. Whilst I still hope you get a surprise BFP, at least if it is negative you'll be able to stop the drugs and move on. xo

#62 Shiv7897

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:54 PM

Good luck for your test lucky.

I had my transfer today.  Got weird twinges and cramps tonight, trying not to overanalyze!

Transferred 1 embryo, 95% of it survived thaw. Lost 2 embryos in the thaw process,so only 1 left if this cycle doesn't work.

#63 Gagingi

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:09 PM

Shiv welcome to the TWW! I hope that the one transferred today is your miracle and sorry for the loss of your frosties.  Baby dust.

#64 MidgetHippo

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:27 PM

Ugh I hate the 2WW.  I'm 9dp6dt and am going to cave and POAS tomorrow morning.  Beta is booked for Monday, but I'd rather know before I get a phone call at work saying its negative, which I'm 99% sure it will be.

Good luck to you all :)

#65 Gagingi

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:08 PM

Good luck Midge! Baby dust.

#66 LuckyStar2015

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:18 PM

Thanks Gagingi :)

Hi shiv! Welcome to the 2ww, wishing you all the best. So sorry to hear of your losses x

Hey Midge - I caved too, for the same reason! It might be a bit early to POAS so don't take it too much to heart if it's neg *self proclaimed expert in POAS* hehe

Lots of baby dust to you all x

#67 LuckyStar2015

Posted 12 December 2015 - 11:19 AM

POAS first thing this AM was a definite neg. Had BT, few hours and should have the confirmation - fully intend to go straight for the wine and crisps xx

#68 MidgetHippo

Posted 12 December 2015 - 12:34 PM

BFN here this morning too.  What a waste of money :(

#69 LuckyStar2015

Posted 12 December 2015 - 01:13 PM

Don't worry Midget, it's probably too early for you to POAS!! When is your BT again? Xxxx don't let it make you crazy xx

#70 LuckyStar2015

Posted 12 December 2015 - 01:18 PM

Ah Monday. Don't worry, POAS aren't that conclusive X why do you think it will be neg on Monday?

#71 LuckyStar2015

Posted 12 December 2015 - 02:01 PM

BFN confirmed. I'm going to get wine and crisps. I rang DH and told him not to be surprised if I'm tipsy when he gets home. Even though I was expecting it, I'm still devastated.

We're blessed I guess to have 7 in the freezer though, so will have a review with the FS towards mid to late January and look at FET in Feb.

I'll hang around and see how you girls get on. Statistically speaking, my BFN bodes well for BFP somewhere!! :) :)

#72 fluffybun

Posted 12 December 2015 - 02:08 PM

Lucky I'm so sorry I think you have a wonderful plans for the afternoon although i know nothing takes the pain away i hope it takes the sting off

Midget I hope it is just too early for you to test I know that feeling of wasted money. We have switched clinics recently and our new clinic is very low cost and although the negative results still hurt there isn't also the thought of there goes a really nice holiday for nothing :(

Can I join here ladies? Im 3days past a 5day transfer unfortunately none in the freezer so if this doesn't work we will be back to a fresh cycle early in the new year.

Im using pregnyl injections for the first time this time has anyone used those without any other support i.e. pessaries etc? as much as the injections aren't fun they beat the pessaries or crinone down pat so I'm hoping I won't need to start taking any pessaries

my blood test is 21st december and I can't POAS due to the pregnyl so that will keep me honest

My fingers are crossed for everyone in the 2ww I hope we all get a lovely christmas present :)

#73 Gagingi

Posted 12 December 2015 - 03:21 PM

Lucky - I'm so sorry. It hurts when you've put so much into the cycle. I hope the wine takes the edge off and you and DH can process this result and regroup. I'd focus on your frosties as statistically speaking your bub should be there. Thanks for hanging around - it's appreciated. xo

Midget - sorry things aren't looking how you'd wanted either. Fingers crossed for Monday and yep the money hurts. Even more so when you realise your first FS missed things so those cycles were bound to be bust. Hopefully they've learnt from this cycle and your next will be the one (if you decide to go again).

Fluffybun - welcome and good luck. I'm on Pregnyl, but also pessaries. Pregnyl does keep you honest and whilst I hate the needles I like the feeling everything is being done to help our embie settle in.

Shiv - I hope yesterday's cramps settled and embie is making itself at home.

Baby dust xo

#74 Animal Lover

Posted 12 December 2015 - 03:59 PM

Hi ladies, just had my FET this afternoon so I'm officially in the 2ww. Let's hope it 5th time lucky!!!
BT is 22/12, they are bringing it forward a couple of days otherwise it would be Xmas eve and too late to chat with FS be it positive or negative.
I'm really hoping for a positive end to a crappy 2015 for me and DH.

Lucky- I'm sorry for your BFN. Definitely crack open the wine and really, whatever else you want to eat and drink!
I know the heartbreak well, the only thing to help move on is planning the next cycle.

Midget, same goes for you too. Though you're not officially out!

Shiv, fluffybun and Gagingi - lets hoping we get our Xmas come early with BFP's! If not we can all enjoy a glass or two of champagne on Xmas day.

Sticky vibes to everyone! Xxx

#75 strawberryblonde76

Posted 13 December 2015 - 12:41 PM

Fingers crossed for you mummy2be let us know how you go with beta tomorrow!

Gagingi how are you traveling?

This progesterone (100mg) is killing me, is it supposed to get progressively worse eg does it get stored in the body? At the moment I get to about lunch time then feel crap from then on (queasy, exactly the same as morning sickness from my last two pregnancies, although I didn't get that til 7 weeks with both).

I am trying v hard to focus on it not being a sign of anything just the meds, but I didn't expect it to get worse I must say. I am 6dp5dt (is transfer day day one or zero)?

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend, funny symptoms aside!

Strawberry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.