Inappropriate or odd secret Santa presents

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 PrincessPeach

Posted 15 December 2015 - 04:09 PM

DH has just rocked in from his work Christmas lunch where they exchange secret Santa gifts, with his gift...a blow up midget doll.

its left both of us scratching our heads as to why someone might think a married man with young kids needs one...

But it got me thinking...what is the oddest or most inappropriate gift you have received?

#2 dad2two_

Posted 15 December 2015 - 04:18 PM

I got a mouse that was shaped like a vagina and the scroll button was the you know what. It didn't get used at work!

#3 Lou-bags

Posted 15 December 2015 - 04:34 PM

I once bought an ice mould for my secret santa at work, where the ice blocks were the shape of mice. Appropriate for the person, as their research involved mice.

Cheering, or so I thought.

I later discovered that it took the recipient several days to realise the mould was actually little mice and not sperm...

#4 Mumma3

Posted 15 December 2015 - 04:35 PM

How on earth is that not sexual harassment in the workplace?

So glad I work in an office (all female) where our Secret Santa was candles, hand cream, chocolates and coffee!

#5 dad2two_

Posted 15 December 2015 - 04:39 PM

View PostMumma3, on 15 December 2015 - 04:35 PM, said:

How on earth is that not sexual harassment in the workplace?

So glad I work in an office (all female) where our Secret Santa was candles, hand cream, chocolates and coffee!

Well the recipient has to actually feel harassed don't they? I certainly didn't, I quite liked my vagina mouse, but it wasn't very ergonomic, hence the reason I didn't put it to use.

#6 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 15 December 2015 - 04:44 PM

DD came home from her Year 1 school Christmas party with her Secret Santa gift: a pair of used salt and pepper shakers in the shape of pumpkins. Just what every 6 year old is longing for!

That was apparently a stellar year for inappropriate gifts so the school canned Secret Santa after that.

#7 seayork2002

I got a bottle of ale and bottle opener with 'grumpy old git' on it. I was early 30s and it was one of those 'generic gifts for all SS'

DH regifted to his dad as a joke present

#8 Loore

Not me, but a lady I once worked with was given a 4 pack of whiskers cat food.

#9 Jembo

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:08 PM

It was many years ago now but I was given a a very large black soap on a rope of a male appendage along with a box of condoms.

#10 Raincloud

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:17 PM

View PostLoore, on 15 December 2015 - 04:44 PM, said:

I hope she owned cats!!

#11 Sancti-claws

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:30 PM

I once got a keyring with "I am a b**ch" on it - I had no idea who had selected me as their gift recipient, but used it with pride!

#12 ytt

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:35 PM

Ummm those are all terrible !

View PostLoore, on 15 December 2015 - 04:44 PM, said:

At least it wasn't Pal dog food and the underlying message was 'b**ch' :omg:

#13 attery squash

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:38 PM

I was once given a small painted wooden statue of a standing frog - ahem - touching itself. I'm still not sure what to make of that...

#14 Loore

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:39 PM

View PostRaincloud, on 15 December 2015 - 08:17 PM, said:

I hope she owned cats!!

She did, but she was a nasty piece of work as well.  We tried for weeks to find out who it was...the last suspect was her boss.

#15 nup

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:42 PM

Sexual harassment in the workplace isn't solely about the recipient. It can be anyone who witnesses sexually explicit behaviour. If it's possible that anyone might take offence then it's inappropriate. I'm stunned that it appears so common in EB world.

#16 teaspoon

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:44 PM

Speaking of soap, I once got a Pope on a Rope... for me to 'wash away all my sins'

#17 Expelliarmus

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:45 PM

My olive dish is still my head scratcher.

At least that was the EB consensus. I'm still not even sure that's what it was ...

#18 The 8th Plum

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:56 PM

Just make sure you remove the olives before scratching.

#19 seayork2002

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:58 PM

View Postnup, on 15 December 2015 - 08:42 PM, said:

Sexual harassment in the workplace isn't solely about the recipient. It can be anyone who witnesses sexually explicit behaviour. If it's possible that anyone might take offence then it's inappropriate. I'm stunned that it appears so common in EB world.

If I an the receiver then although i may think the gift is in bad taste but no i would not feel harassed if it was a gift for someone else i do not feel it is my place to feel anything either way

#20 Tiger Print

Posted 15 December 2015 - 09:16 PM

But that is not the law Seayork.

I have felt uncomfortable about gifts that were not directed at me in the past.  It's called empathy. Use your dictionary and look it up.  It is a useful skill in life.

#21 PeninsulaGirl

Posted 15 December 2015 - 09:49 PM

Was once given fluffy handcuffs. Was not impressed. Especially when I later discovered they were from a male manager.

#22 76 others

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:19 PM

View Postseayork2002, on 15 December 2015 - 08:58 PM, said:

If I an the receiver then although i may think the gift is in bad taste but no i would not feel harassed if it was a gift for someone else i do not feel it is my place to feel anything either way

Ah that's settled then.

#23 IkeaAddict

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:26 PM

I once got a secret santa gift that was a small book (think 10 x 10cm) with the title "The Book of Excuses for Bludgers"....it was from someone I didn't like and I'd only been working there a few months. I was in secret santa two years running after that and despite buying presents for my person got nothing. No explanation, nothing. I then missed the next few years

#24 IShallWearMidnight

Posted 16 December 2015 - 12:42 AM

I was once given a little handkerchief set with pics of some sort of bird. i hate handkerchiefs

#25 GlitterFarts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:37 AM

Sock monkey covered in dog hair and filthy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.