Natural supplements to improve performance?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tryingfor1st

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:34 PM

Hope it's ok to ask advice here, I'm an older over 35 dad2b. We are trying to conceive our first. I want a baby as much as she does but still when I know its time or think it's her time to conceive (she stopped telling me) then it takes me longer to get 'ready' or not at all. Its been happening more often so I thought I'd swallow my embarrassment and come here asking if anyone knew of any natural herbs or supplements that could help things along a bit when needed. Don't want anything prescription in case it affects sperm in some way. This is a new problem for me and I wish she wouldn't take it personally but she does. Thanks for your help

Edited by tryingfor1st, 16 December 2015 - 09:36 PM.

#2 alchetta

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:52 PM

Maca powder. Living earth sell it in tins. It has a slightly unusual smell but if you sprinkle it in cereal, stir a little into tea, bake it into cookies or use it in "bliss balls" (cocoa/dates/almond meal/coconut oil mixed into balls) it's not really noticeable. I think it's pitched for hormonal balance but I've definitely noticed it helps with that and it's quite well known for it as well. Good luck, Google for more info.

#3 Holidayromp

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:55 PM

Performance anxiety. No supplement is going to help you with that.  Speaking to your gp who can refer you to services that can help you manage your anxiety.

It's not as easy as saying just relax. You are no longer having sex just for fun you are trying to make a new little person and you don't want to disappoint obviously putting pressure on your self to perform.

However Horny goats weed apparently is meant to help performance 'issues'.   Whereas Menevit is for healthy sperm.

Most important of all it is important to enjoy the ttc journey. It's the only time when you can ditch the contraception and throw caution to wind!

Good luck.

#4 ABabyPlease

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:27 PM

Hey, my GP just advised having lots of sessions, say every second day.  Then you can just have fun, not worry about timing.

Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.