Makeup remover recommends for 10yr please

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 GlitterFarts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 06:16 PM

My DD is really getting into makeup since we said yes for her 10th birthday.
We have bought her the makeup wipes, but as she goes through them lightning fast, I was looking for a better/healthier option in a bulk unit. I literally have NO idea as I barely wear makeup and removal is 'wash hair, use shampoo to wash off makeup, done'

#2 ~J_WTF~

Posted 27 December 2015 - 06:32 PM

Makeup wipes and water. Better for her skin also.

Like these ones http://www.epharmacy...CFQ8IvAodiOoBMQ

You can buy big packs at kmart for about $4 (I think)

#3 protart roflcoptor

Posted 27 December 2015 - 06:40 PM

She's wearing make-up that often to go through lots of wipes? At 10 years old?

#4 MIW

Posted 27 December 2015 - 06:43 PM

Just use coconut oil.

#5 KT1978

Is she wearing makeup everyday?

Can you limit her by saying makeup only for special occasions/parties etc? Then she won't need as many wipes.

I'd be worried about her skin going into puberty if she's wearing make up so often.

Is she wearing a foundation? I think dd 13 just has a tinted SPF moisturiser that she wears occasionally. I don't think she does anything to remove it except wash in the shower with face wash.

#6 livvie7586

Micellar water or a korean cleansing oil.  Although a baby oil may do the same job.

Just need to be followed by a decent cleanser.

#7 FiveAus

Posted 27 December 2015 - 06:44 PM

I use sorbolene cream from the supermarket. It's about $7 for a large pump pack. I have really, really sensitive skin and this is one of the few things I can use that doesn't irritate it. I also use it as a moisturiser.

#8 ~J_WTF~

Posted 27 December 2015 - 06:44 PM

View PostMIW, on 27 December 2015 - 06:43 PM, said:

Just use coconut oil.

Geez thats not exactly a cheaper alternative!!

#9 Soontobegran

Posted 27 December 2015 - 06:45 PM

I buy a large pack of Garnier Make up remover wipes. I just use one a day and they last about 2 months ?
I think I pay about $5 at Priceline.

#10 Franny and Zooey

Posted 27 December 2015 - 06:58 PM

My girls like to have a play around with make up occasionally for fun or for Halloween, to get it off we just use Johnson face wipes.

My 14 year old son has a few friends (girls) who wear heaps of make up, it doesn't look that great - I always feel like giving them big hugs and psychoanalyizing their self esteem issues, which they would totally appreciate.

#11 Bone Apple Tea

Posted 27 December 2015 - 07:02 PM

My girls all started playing around with makeup at that age.

I tried a variety of different cleansers, but found they often tipped too much out of the bottle and went through huge amounts of cotton wool.

In the end I found these wipes, which are the absolute cheapest I could find and they have been quite good.  To minimise wastage, I make them use them a few times before throwing them in the bin (ie on the same day, not keep the same wipe for an extended period of time):

http://shop.coles.co...0&storeId=10601

Edited by Senna, 27 December 2015 - 07:03 PM.

#12 GlitterFarts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 07:28 PM

Thanks everyone! Really appreciate it.

I only ever use eyeliner and lipstick, so I am seriously out of my depth here.

She only uses it at home, and only ever play/practice. But as its a fairly new thing, so she's hitting it pretty hard -lol- so far its only the basics - blusher, eyeshadow,eyeliner and lippy, no foundation as I'm a) clueless and b) keeping an eye on her skin and anything else - *whoosh* :lol:

Senna, I didn't think of the tippage aspect -groan- yes, I can just see DD3y 'helping' *nnooooo*

I only remember my youth - makeup wasn't allowed and certainly not for fat me so after a few teenage disaters, I gaveup. I would prefer DD10 to figure this crap out now - thank gd for youtube!!!!!!

#13 ~J_WTF~

Posted 27 December 2015 - 07:31 PM

My DD is about to turn 12 and she got a makeup kit for Christmas and has been hitting the youtube tutorials to figure it all out.

She is enjoying playing about with it.

We have said it isnt for school but we will reassess it at a later date.

#14 JBH

Posted 27 December 2015 - 07:36 PM

When I had babies, I became suspicious that very expensive make up wipes seemed very much like relatively inexpensive baby wipes, so I switched. I use unscented ones, and figure if I'm ok with them on a baby's bottom, why not my face.

#15 Bone Apple Tea

Posted 27 December 2015 - 07:40 PM

View PostTinselFarts, on 27 December 2015 - 07:28 PM, said:

I only remember my youth - makeup wasn't allowed and certainly not for fat me so after a few teenage disaters, I gaveup. I would prefer DD10 to figure this crap out now - thank gd for youtube!!!!!!

I'm terrible with makeup and only ever wear lipstick.

My 15 year old learnt from youtube and she does a really good job.

Santa bought my 11 year old an eyeshadow pallete and some lip gloss for Christmas.  She has been um very enthusiastically applying it for the past two days.

Edited by Senna, 27 December 2015 - 07:41 PM.

#16 GlitterFarts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 07:42 PM

JBH  we tried the baby wipes, but found it didn't quite cut it (I buy baby wipes in bulk so have tons!)

Our standand use is coconut oil, but DD complained about using it on her eyelids, thats when I bought makeup wipes.

I never had to have a cleansing ritual for my face. I was battling a horrid skin condition by the time I was 15 so its another thing I have to look into for DD...

#17 *cough*

Posted 27 December 2015 - 07:46 PM

Face washer and cleanser. Anything will do. I've stated using qv body wash on my face. I've used tonnes of different ones and I can't tell the difference.

#18 Freddie'sMum

Posted 27 December 2015 - 07:47 PM

At 10 I would be teaching her good skin care - and if she wanted to wear 'make up' something like a BB cream or a tinted moisturer.

I would also teach her that every time she wears makeup - she needs to take it off at the end of the day.  I would choose some inexpensive wipes.

I have a 10 and a half year old and (thank God) she hasn't shown any interest in makeup.  I put it down to the fact that I hardly ever wear makeup and the few times I have put on both kids are shocked to see me in makeup.

#19 EmmDasher

Posted 27 December 2015 - 07:49 PM

Is she using water proof make up or something? I don't use waterproof make up because it destroys my skin especially my eyelashes.

I just use a microfibre cloth and water. I have Norwex make up removing cloths but any old microfibre face cloth from Priceline would do the trick. A little dab of moisturiser removes any stubborn remnants. I wash the cloths and reuse them. I've never used make up remover or wipes.

Edited by Emmdash, 27 December 2015 - 07:50 PM.

#20 EmmDasher

Posted 27 December 2015 - 07:57 PM

If she's practicing with makeup a lot and wiping/washing her skin a lot it's going to strip away the natural oils. Her skin might go into overdrive to produce more or it might become a bit dry and flaky. It might be worthwhile getting her a basic moisturiser to use after she's washed/wiped her face. There's a brand called 'Sukin' that you can get in pharmacies/priceline. It's pretty inexpensive but the Sensitive skin daily moisturiser is quite nice.

ETA - The Sukin Cleansing Lotion (not gel!) is also good for removing makeup and it's a really gentle cleanser.

Edited by Emmdash, 27 December 2015 - 08:00 PM.

#21 GlitterFarts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 08:00 PM

View PostEmmdash, on 27 December 2015 - 07:57 PM, said:

If she's practicing with makeup a lot and wiping/washing her skin a lot it's going to strip away the natural oils. Her skin might go into overdrive to produce more or it might become a bit dry and flaky. It might be worthwhile getting her a basic moisturiser to use after she's washed/wiped her face. There's a brand called 'Sukin' that you can get in pharmacies/priceline. It's pretty inexpensive but the Sensitive skin daily moisturiser is quite nice.

Thank you!

#22 EmmDasher

Posted 27 December 2015 - 08:03 PM

Here's the links because I didn't get the name quite right.

Moisturiser - http://sukinorganics...ial-moisturiser

Cleansing lotion - http://sukinorganics...leansing-lotion

#23 GlitterFarts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 08:07 PM

Ohthank you Emmdash!

#24 arc en ciel

Posted 27 December 2015 - 08:14 PM

My daughter uses the norwex make up remover cloth as well. It just needs water. She does have the pre teen dermalogica skin care set as well to get her used to looking after her skin. She's  been make up mad for a few years now but has recently gone off it. She's  11 and only wears it at home.

#25 Dirtsa

Posted 27 December 2015 - 08:17 PM

Garner micellar water is great. I've tried a few different brands and that's the one I think is the best

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.