Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Hope you are all going well

Regards

Ali

#2 Baby3in2016

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:29 PM

Gold! For what it's worth. How is everyone? Am 26w3d today and doing ok just tired, a bit sore, have terrible heartburn and hating the heat. Feeling bub move heaps which is nice and only 90 days (max) to go. Yay!

#3 OneDayDreamer

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:53 PM

Silver :p

I'm travelling okay - 23w2d today and just tired.
Heartburn is a PITA though, it's never hurt so much in my life, I've actually felt on fire.
Baby's moving heaps here too - most of the time!

I've decided that although I'm due the 27th I'll probably end up with an early May baby, haha.

#4 Odd-1-Out

Posted 04 January 2016 - 06:49 AM

Hi everyone I hope you dont mind if I join in.... Im 25 weeks 4 days... Doing ok I guess... had no morning sickness at all until week 11 and it hasnt stopped since... been hospitalised twice in the last 4 weeks because of it... amazingly baby is measuring in the 95th percentile somehow despite all of this! Heartburn was a problem for me before pregnancy so cant comment too much there.... but the constipation I am experiencing is really bad! I will stop complaining now lol

#5 Happyandyouknowit

Posted 04 January 2016 - 03:25 PM

Hi ladies,
Thought I should find a DIG to join and introduce myself. We are expecting baby number 3, EDD is April 30.

I am still deciding on which midwife and whether to have a birth centre or home birth.

We live in south east QLD, inland from the coast. Hoping to find some others up here.

#6 baba2021

Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:18 PM

Hi Sparkles

My constipation was really bad too and my OB told me to use Movicol, I have a sachet a day - sometimes 2 - and its fixed everything up. (i hadn't gone for 10 days at one point).

It's not absorbed into the blood stream at all so doesn't affect the baby but ask your Dr or OB about it. :)

Edited by Birdie83, 04 January 2016 - 04:18 PM.

#7 baba2021

Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:20 PM

Hi Happyandyouknowit!

That's my EDD too :-) Congrats!

#8 Odd-1-Out

Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:39 PM

Thanks so much Birdie... do you buy it over the counter or do you need a script?

Another question... I had my GTT last tues.... when do you usually get the results of that? Do they call you or do I have to wait for my next appointment? I am a public patient....

Thanks

#9 baba2021

Posted 04 January 2016 - 08:44 PM

You just buy it over the counter. Movicol, you can get it in a few different flavours. Lemon/choc etc.

The chemist might say that its category B but its just because it hasn't been tested "so they cant say for sure" like everything else. But my obstetrician says its perfectly safe.

It's active molecule works by drawing water into your bowel (not a stimulant, so non-habit forming) and is flushed from your body without being absorbed.

But speak to your GP just to make sure, but its worked for me! I always had to take laxatives before i even got pregnant and most you can't take while pregnant so really glad we can use this!

Not sure re the GTT, I haven't had mine yet and I'm a first time mum too. I would usually just call my GP though when I'm waiting for results. My GP usually does the "no news is good news" approach and doesn't bother with a call if the results are fine... so i usually have to chase up :)

#10 Odd-1-Out

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:45 AM

Thanks Birdie!

#11 ACT mum

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:55 AM

View PostOneDayDreamer, on 01 January 2016 - 07:53 PM, said:

Silver :p

I'm travelling okay - 23w2d today and just tired.
Heartburn is a PITA though, it's never hurt so much in my life, I've actually felt on fire.
Baby's moving heaps here too - most of the time!

I've decided that although I'm due the 27th I'll probably end up with an early May baby, haha.

Hi dreamer, try sipping milk. It coats the throat with protein and when the stomach acid rises it eats away at that protein instead of your throat. It's not about drinking lots of milk, but small sips to coat the throat with the milk.

#12 OneDayDreamer

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:04 AM

Thanks, I'll try that!

#13 Adamira

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:17 AM

Hi everyone. Been following since 14 weeks. Now 28 +4 due 15th april. Travelling well til a few weeks ago. Had protein in my urine last hospital visit but blood pressure was fine. Since then had almost daily headaches and swollen hands and feet on and off. Usually when i wake up and lasts a few hours. Have another visit on thursday so really hoping its nothing.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

#14 Iliketoflounce

Posted 25 January 2016 - 04:52 PM

Haven't been on here in forever (use FB more) I am 28+4 now with a girl

#15 Happyandyouknowit

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:18 AM

Hello mummas to be, It seems very quiet in here and I am hoping one of you that are still here can tell me whether you are in a FB DIG that I can join? We live in a rural area so really hoping to find some mums due arooudn the same time to chat to :)

#16 VCH

Posted 29 January 2016 - 09:21 AM

View PostHappyandyouknowit, on 28 January 2016 - 09:18 AM, said:

Hello mummas to be, It seems very quiet in here and I am hoping one of you that are still here can tell me whether you are in a FB DIG that I can join? We live in a rural area so really hoping to find some mums due arooudn the same time to chat to :)

I've sent you a message :)

#17 withintent

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:16 PM

Hi all,
Very excited to be hitting the 30 week mark. Feels like countdown time...
I'm just back from an extended stay overseas and glad baby didn't decide to come early or do anything complicated while I was away. I get my GTT results tomorrow,  they will be based on three days of airplane food and jetlag odd-hour binging so maybe not ideal!
Otherwise feeling ok, just not coping very well with the heat and particularly humidity this last week.
How's everyone else doing?

#18 Odd-1-Out

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:37 PM

Hi Withintent

I am 30 weeks today and like you have started the countdown! Can't wait until baby arrives... been feeling quite sick for sometime so it will be nice to not feel like this anymore and nice to finally meet the little one of course :-) My GTT came back positive so I have been trying to control it with diet and have had to test my sugars early in the morning before breakfast and after meals for the last week.... I am also not coping well on hot days and when it isn't hot I am the only one in the house that still wants the aircon on as I feel hot all the time! Next week I have another scan so I will get to see baby again so I am looking forward to that... at 20 weeks the baby was in the 95th percentile for growth so it will be interesting to see if he is still growing rapidly or has slowed down a bit! All the best and good luck with your GTT results :-)

#19 withintent

Posted 04 March 2016 - 08:39 PM

Hi Sparkles,  yes I ended up with GD as well. Apart from the annoyance of "constant " testing I've had to change hospitals to one that has the GD clinic and manages 'high risk' cases. And it's an hour further away which will not be fun in labour...
Otherwise I'm tired and sore (back, feet, groin) but baby is kicking healthily and growing (too) well. They might want to induce after 38 weeks which is less than a month away!!! Yikes!
I assume you others are all chatting on facebook but has anyone already had their baby?  
Wishing everyone all the best!

#20 Baby3in2016

Posted 05 March 2016 - 08:14 PM

Amazingly no one has had their baby yet! The first scheduled c-section is one of the twin mummas on the 11th March. There's another set of twins and a couple of singletons (including me) scheduled for sometime in the next 2 weeks. There are a couple of people encountering some complications though nothing too serious, except for one lady who is in hospital now until the baby comes or she hits 37 weeks - so she and the baby are being well looked after and everything should be fine. It's so great that there haven't been any really early premmies and everyone is at least 32 wks now I think.

#21 Baby3in2016

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:48 AM

Those twins scheduled to come on the 11th came this morning! First babies!!!

#22 baba2021

Posted 06 March 2016 - 01:22 PM

Oh wow how exciting! Which username? Xxx

#23 Odd-1-Out

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:12 AM

Hi Withintent

My hospital is about 45min away so not quite as far as yours but a fair distance... I know what you mean about the constant testing it gets a bit much... On top of that I have some kind of a digestion issue so the food they recommend I eat I can't digest and it makes my glucose levels higher than if I eat white breads etc... on top of being quite ill throughout this pregnancy with vomiting and nausea it's been hard juggling what I can eat and testing etc... They want to induce me at 38 weeks also but no exact date has been set yet... I have to have another scan this week to check babies growth and then an appointment at the hospital to see what they say about it.... Like you im tired and sore... only one pair of shoes fits me and 2 maternity dresses.... every step i take I need to pee it's crazy! Also been up at night needing to pee every 2 hours since August last year so it has been a long time since I have had a good nights sleep and with a baby coming soon it's not looking like I will be getting anymore sleep for a long time... but that's how it goes I guess.

Congrats to the person who had the twins I hope they are doing well :-) How is everyone else going?

#24 Adamira

Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:41 PM

Seems like im always negative and coming on here to vent. Glad to hear some babies have started arriving, we are all pretty close to avoiding too many problems. I'm 34+3 today, and seems like everything that can go wrong is.

My diabetes is not being controlled by metformin, next week may be looking at insulin. Which means that my hopes of a vbac this time is slipping away. Also being tested for cholestasis due to chronic itching for the last 3 weeks, but it could just be hormonal ie just put up with it.

I have had a huge fight with the father, so we longer have any contact. So now there is nobody to watch my other 3 kids when i go in to have this one. And my grandfather passed today.

I'm really at the end of my rope and don't know what to do, my body is falling apart as fast as my personal life is.

#25 AnnaSchmanna

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:23 PM

Oh I'm sorry Adamira. What awful timing. Big hugs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.