Due in August 2016 Chat Thread

• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

#1 ~A2~

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:31 PM

Hi everyone,

Congratulations to you all!

Apologies for posting this so late as I have been offline due to illness.

I have made this the general chat thread for you to talk and share, I will start new threads for this group at about 100 posts.

Please take a moment to read the rules and guidelines for this area (pinned at the top of the page) - especially regarding Facebook groups.

Feel free to start your own threads as well if there is anything specific you would like to discuss or keep separate.

Also please PM me if you have any questions or suggestions.

Congratulations again!

Ali

#2 !momo!

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:54 PM

Gold!

Yay a chat thread! Thanks Ali. Happy new year everyone hopefully 2016 will be a happy one for all of us.

#3 TRR

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:45 PM

Super excited today we had our dating scan & I can tell you I was getting very emotional all I wanted to hear was there is a heart beat.
HB 133 & date puts me back a little from what I thought 6 weeks & 2 days. All fantastic yay!!! Due 28 th Auguast 2016

#4 Carrietarool

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:26 PM

Yay TRR!!!!Fantastic news!
I had a scan today too, measuring right on my dates at 6wk 1day and HR 112 bpm. i was worried the HR was low but ultrasound tech and FS were happy with it, my beta hcg and progesterone are good levels too so just gotta hope it all keeps progressing along!!

#5 untamedmama

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:39 PM

That's fantastic TRR! You too Carrietarool; very exciting! My first scan is next Wednesday and I'm getting very very nervous; I just hope everything is going ok in there. I figure the constant nausea is probably a good sign though!

#6 !momo!

Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:03 PM

Fantastic news girls my scan is tomorrow afternoon I am beyond anxious. Hoping I can keep it together and not cry at the poor technician.

#7 Tigster

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:45 AM

I had my scan yesterday. Dates were 2 days off but that's ok and heartbeat was 176 (im 9w3d). Now the dr will finally give me a referral to my ob, I have my first appoint with him in 2wks so i will get to see Bub again and then of course my 12wk scan. I feel spoilt this time as with my 2 kids my first scan was at 12wks.

#8 untamedmama

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:52 AM

All the best for your scan today momo!

#9 Carrietarool

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:58 AM

Wonderful news tigster!! Getting so close to second trimester for you!! Goodluck momo let us know how it goes!! xx

#10 Mrs Claus

Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:31 PM

Had our scan this morning. All looks good, hb  was 138. The technician put me at 7weeks 3 days which matches up with my lmp. Was very exciting to see the little heartbeat. Hope others having there scans today also get to see their little bubs

Edited by Mrs Lannister, 06 January 2016 - 12:32 PM.

#11 !momo!

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:49 PM

Thanks girls. I did end up crying but happy tears one baby in there 175bpm measured 8w4d but pretty sure I'm only 8 weeks they say it's +\- 5 days so that would be about right.

#12 untamedmama

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:17 PM

Congratulations momo, that is really fantastic news and I'm very happy for you!

#13 wtp***81

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:27 PM

congrats on all the great scan results :)

#14 Carrietarool

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:09 PM

Congrats mrs lannister and momo, wonderful results!!! 😀😀😀

#15 aadd246

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:22 PM

8 weeks for me tomorrow. And today is the first day I've actually had any energy to go to the gym. Just doing some light cardio and stretching and weights. Went home early yesterday feeling pretty average. I guess the nap really helped me for today because I'm feeling tip top and hope it stays that way. Still no vomiting.  Sorry if it seems like I'm rubbing it in to any of the ladies that are feeling it badly. I'm a bit shocked that I feel this good.
Awesome news momo about the single, I couldn't imagine your stress/anxiety walking into that room.
Good luck to all the other ladies. Fingers crossed for us all.
It's almost the weekend, hang in there ;)

#16 untamedmama

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:05 PM

It's been a few weeks since we last heard from red femme... I really hope everything is ok and she is just still ok holidays. Thinking of you wherever you are!

#17 !momo!

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:22 PM

I booked in for NIPT in two weeks time is anyone else doing the test? I chose not to do it last pregnancy (the first pregnancy I've had where it has been offered) as we decided we would only do it if the NT Scan came back as high risk, as it turned out we didn't even complete the scan before being led into the horrible little room with the box of tissues. We have decided to do the NIPT test at 10 weeks this time,  we would not abort unless it came back as something incompatible with life but I would like to know as early as possible if that is the case. It's not cheap at $445 but luckily we overestimated our income to centrelink last year so got paid the difference which is some nice savings to go towards the costs of this babies scans and OB.

#18 wtp***81

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:55 PM

momo I'm doing the NIPT test too - last pregnancy we got a slightly high risk ratio for Down syndrome by the maternal screening blood test and opted to have a cvs to find out for sure (NIPT wasn't around at that time) - results came back all clear and everything was absolutely fine but the waiting for the results was horrible - didn't get the all clear till 14 wks. Also the sight risk of miscarriage with cvs was worrying. So this time OB recommended to go for the NIPT to avoid the stress of a similar situation again. Agree it's not cheap though! Will you find out the sex of the baby from the NIPT? We are undecided if we want to know (we didn't find out with DD and loved the surprise)

#19 !momo!

Posted 08 January 2016 - 12:50 AM

View Postwtp***81, on 07 January 2016 - 08:55 PM, said:

Will you find out the sex of the baby from the NIPT? We are undecided if we want to know (we didn't find out with DD and loved the surprise)

We are also undecided, we have had a suprise with all of our kids so at the moment are leaning towards not finding out . The only reason we are thinking of maybe finding out is that we already know what name we will use if the baby is a girl (all our kids are named after a variation on one of our parents names) but can't decide on a variation of a boys name so we could potentially stop having to worry about it. But a name also seems like a silly reason to miss out on the suprise which we do love. What to do, what to do I guess we have 2 weeks to decide!

#20 Carrietarool

Posted 08 January 2016 - 06:48 AM

View Post!momo!, on 07 January 2016 - 07:22 PM, said:

I booked in for NIPT in two weeks time is anyone else doing the test? I chose not to do it last pregnancy (the first pregnancy I've had where it has been offered) as we decided we would only do it if the NT Scan came back as high risk, as it turned out we didn't even complete the scan before being led into the horrible little room with the box of tissues. We have decided to do the NIPT test at 10 weeks this time,  we would not abort unless it came back as something incompatible with life but I would like to know as early as possible if that is the case. It's not cheap at $445 but luckily we overestimated our income to centrelink last year so got paid the difference which is some nice savings to go towards the costs of this babies scans and OB.

What is this test? is it a bloodtest or scan? OB only mentioned NT test at 12wks to me. Can you request to have this or is it only if OB feels you need it due to history etc?

#21 wtp***81

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:00 AM

Carrie the NIPT is a new test -just a blood test but can detect any chromosomal issues. I believe OBs might only recommend it if you are somehow high risk and otherwise they just go with the usual 12 wk scan and normal blood test they do and then decide whether any further testing is required. Probably depends on the OB but that's what mine said anyway.

#22 Leum2

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:57 AM

No, the gp I saw for the referrals gave us the option of NT scan and bloods or "Harmony" type test (NIPT) or all of them together. So you can just ask for one with no special eligibility criteria. There is a whole range on the market now, some are American based (the bloods are sent off to the States) and there is an Aussie alternative too now (Precept) done by VCGS. It's still pretty new and not all clinics are up to date but the GP I saw was happy to look into it for us if we wanted. But hubby was happy with just the standard NT and bloods.

#23 jag04

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:31 PM

Hi ladies - I'm new to this group. I'm due 8 August and already have a 14 month old DD.

I'm freaking out about the birth already. My first was a long labour that ended in an emergency c/s. I'm not sure this time if I want to attempt a vbac or opt for an elective c/s - is anyone else in the same boat?

#24 !momo!

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:45 PM

View Postjag04, on 08 January 2016 - 01:31 PM, said:

Hi ladies - I'm new to this group. I'm due 8 August and already have a 14 month old DD.

I'm freaking out about the birth already. My first was a long labour that ended in an emergency c/s. I'm not sure this time if I want to attempt a vbac or opt for an elective c/s - is anyone else in the same boat?

I was in this situation for my third baby. My first was a vaginal birth with complications (shoulder dystocia and my daughter required resuscitation). With my next pregnancy we decided to try vaginally again but my son got very stuck this time at his head rather than shoulders I was in labor for 17 hrs and because of how stuck he was the bottom half of my uterus ballooned out and became very thin. With my third we discussed the option of a vbac with my OB in the end we decided to go for an elective cs for a few reasons, firstly I have a proven narrow pelvic opening, secondly the ob was worried about the damage the extended labor had on my uterus and thirdly the gap between c sections was less than the 2 years my ob prefers for vbacs. So basically what I'm saying is the decision to vbac will depend a lot on what the reason for your first csection was and what the condition of your uterus was like. If you are seeing the same ob they will have notes otherwise the hospital should have the notes, it's best to discuss your individual circumstances with your medical team. In terms of recovery I would rate the vaginal birth as the easiest, followed by the elective with the emergency csection by far the hardest recovery. So if it's very likely you will end up with a csection regardless then I'd rather have the elective than an emergency if that makes sense ?

#25 Leum2

Posted 08 January 2016 - 03:04 PM

Hi Jag04!
This is my second child also. My son is just over 3 years old and he was an emergency caesar after a 14 hour fruitless labour. He got really distressed and had to be pulled out in a matter of minutes.
I am very excited about the new birth and have been contemplating a VBAC all these years! I am not going to give in without a fight but of course I will do what is in the best and safest interest of the child.
I am going through the public system and won't see an obs until 20+ weeks and I will bring that question up then.
I heard that they don't mind to give VBAC a chance but they won't let you go overdue or induce. So it pretty much should be a natural labour before 40 weeks. Which is unlikely for me I think.
At the moment I am all focussed on the 12 week scan, though, so haven't done that much research on the topic yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.