Posted 24 February 2016 - 06:55 PM

Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 ~A2~

Posted 24 February 2016 - 06:57 PM

Just a reminder ladies that posts mentioning Facebook or 'the group'  etc will be removed as per guidelines.

#3 Galanthus

Posted 24 February 2016 - 07:10 PM

Gold! :)

I'll actually end up having quite a few scans. I feel a bit guilty about that, even though people keep saying scans are safe.

I had one at 8+0 for hb and dating
Then monday I'll have one 12+0 for NT
I've also booked a gender scan for 14+6
Then there's the 20 week scan
And finally I plan to book a scan at around week 26 for 3D images.

#4 TeaLover

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:03 PM

Jojoann- yay congrats! My wedding anniversary is 31/08 :)

Galanthus- no need to feel guilty :) I had an extra scan at 14weeks with my last pregnancy as we had a car accident and wanted to check on bubs.

#5 Jojoann

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:59 PM

Okay, have the new date wrong and now I feel like and imposter. New EDD is 30/08/16. From what I can read of my reports everything has come back low risk.
My left ovary is larger then the right for some reason. Will talk to my OB next when I see her.
Starting to feel excited now and have commenced telling friends, close family already new! ☺️

#6 c.sanders

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:15 AM

View PostJojoann, on 25 February 2016 - 05:59 PM, said:

Okay, have the new date wrong and now I feel like and imposter. New EDD is 30/08/16. From what I can read of my reports everything has come back low risk.
My left ovary is larger then the right for some reason. Will talk to my OB next when I see her.
Starting to feel excited now and have commenced telling friends, close family already new! ☺️

I might be wrong but I think that indicates which ovary you got pregnant from. Could be totally wrong.
I had that too and that's what the radiologist said.

#7 c.sanders

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:17 AM

View PostGalanthus, on 24 February 2016 - 07:10 PM, said:

Gold! :)

I'll actually end up having quite a few scans. I feel a bit guilty about that, even though people keep saying scans are safe.

I had one at 8+0 for hb and dating
Then monday I'll have one 12+0 for NT
I've also booked a gender scan for 14+6
Then there's the 20 week scan
And finally I plan to book a scan at around week 26 for 3D images.

That's honestly not a lot. If anything you've had 1 more than the usual pattern.  My last pregnancy I had at least 4 extra ultrasounds plus 1 every time I went to see my OB. Which was about 10 times.

But regardless don't feel guilty  it's safe to have ultrasounds

#8 Galanthus

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:10 AM

View Postc.sanders, on 26 February 2016 - 12:17 AM, said:

That's honestly not a lot. If anything you've had 1 more than the usual pattern.  My last pregnancy I had at least 4 extra ultrasounds plus 1 every time I went to see my OB. Which was about 10 times.

But regardless don't feel guilty  it's safe to have ultrasounds

Well, it's 3 more ultrasounds than women usually get where I live, but oh well, I'll try to put it off my mind. I'll be happy to get a peek at baby every now and then anyway :D

#9 kristyemilia

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:16 AM

View Postc.sanders, on 26 February 2016 - 12:15 AM, said:

I might be wrong but I think that indicates which ovary you got pregnant from. Could be totally wrong.
I had that too and that's what the radiologist said.

I've been told that too, right side baby here.

#10 c.sanders

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:03 AM

View PostGalanthus, on 26 February 2016 - 03:10 AM, said:

Well, it's 3 more ultrasounds than women usually get where I live, but oh well, I'll try to put it off my mind. I'll be happy to get a peek at baby every now and then anyway :D

Oh really?  I have heard that not everyone gets the nuchal. I didn't get a dating scan this time. They were adamant I didn't need one except for the little fact that I haven't had a period so no idea when I'm really due. :(

The 3D one is so amazing!  I can't wait for that. With ds1 he looked exactly like his dad it was unreal! Same nose, lips.

is anyone else still suffering from morning sickness?
I'm really looking forward to it easing up after the next week or so. I miss food!! :'(

#11 TeaLover

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:24 AM

My morning sickness is still lingering :( Yesterday I had a good-ish day, but today I'm back to head in the loo. It sucks. I'm really over it.

My GP insisted on a dating scan, which I was happy about, because of my irregular periods after having DS. It's weird that they won't give you one, c.sanders. Frustrating!

#12 c.sanders

Posted 26 February 2016 - 05:19 PM

I thought it was odd too....maybe they are like u keep falling pregnant this baby will come out one way or another.

My OB did a basic one in his rooms but it was so quick and I felt a little inaccurate since he measured one thing in less than 2 seconds.

I'm feeling so nervous to handle 3

I'm just curious everyone.  Is this your first or more?

#13 Lou-bags

Posted 26 February 2016 - 05:36 PM

My morning sickness is still lingering, I'm 10 weeks today. I'm starting to have more good days than bad though so that's making me happy.

Told my PhD supervisor today. He sighed, then said congrats and "well you're really going to have to work hard now, aren't you". Relieved that's over, I was dreading telling him.

c.sanders this is my second, my DS is nearly 2.5 and will be three when this baby arrives. It's due on his birthday (22 Sept)!

He was due on, and arrived on the 22nd- so I'm hoping this baby isn't as punctual! ;)

#14 Galanthus

Posted 26 February 2016 - 05:48 PM

View Postc.sanders, on 26 February 2016 - 09:03 AM, said:

Oh really?  I have heard that not everyone gets the nuchal. I didn't get a dating scan this time. They were adamant I didn't need one except for the little fact that I haven't had a period so no idea when I'm really due. :(

The 3D one is so amazing!  I can't wait for that. With ds1 he looked exactly like his dad it was unreal! Same nose, lips.

is anyone else still suffering from morning sickness?
I'm really looking forward to it easing up after the next week or so. I miss food!! :'(

Yeah I'm being sneaky. I'm from Denmark, just love the EB boards more than others :laugh:

The nuchal is offered to everyone here. Same with the 20week scan (to check for deformaties) any other ultra sounds are on a "buy it yourself" basis :)

#15 Jojoann

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:53 PM

View Postkriztee, on 26 February 2016 - 07:16 AM, said:

I've been told that too, right side baby here.

Thanks guys, you have made me feel a little better. ☺️

#16 sjacks

Posted 27 February 2016 - 08:40 PM

Hi all - I've been quiet for a while,  not much to report honestly!  

Still trucking along,  as far as I  know,  off to the path lab on Tuesday to get blood drawn for the harmony screen - hopefully we'll be able to find out the gender when we get the results at our next ob appointment!  

Lou-Bags, I  didn't realise before but we're almost due date buddies!  I'm due on the 21st 😊

#17 TeaLover

Posted 28 February 2016 - 04:52 PM

C.sanders- this is my second. My son will be 20months when Baby arrives.

#18 kristyemilia

Posted 28 February 2016 - 10:23 PM

morning sickness or all day sickness still rough here, vomiting again even with medication, feeling very sad and sorry for myself.
11 weeks today

#19 Galanthus

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:14 AM

So I had my nuchal scan and everything looked perfect. Got some very good numbers in the risk calculation. Very low risk for chromosomal abnormalities! <3

Bub laid very still  for measurements and after I did some belly dancing on the bench, there was tons of movement and waving going on!

Posted Image

#20 rayrae

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:15 AM

How exciting Galanthus! My due dates 17th so I'll expect similar for my scan Thurs.

#21 neonsundance

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:32 AM

I was booked in too early for the pre-term labour clinic at RWH in Melb so they just scanned me and said bub looked great. No sign of the second sac that the other doctor saw a week and a half ago, but she did say that her machine wasn't as high resolution as the other one. HB was only 118 (I think she said) so I hope that means it was just resting and relaxed!
We are 9+2 now and having a high-res scan on Friday to check for that other sac and make sure all is good.
Then onto the Percept test late next week and the 12 week scan in 3 weeks!!
So excited to be able to announce to our family and friends at our wedding celebration on April 2nd!!

#22 Lou-bags

Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:32 PM

Had my blood test yesterday (10+4) for the first trimester screen. Best phlebotomist EVER. I barely even felt the needle, she was fabulous (and I told her so!). I shall be getting as many of any future bloods I need as possible done with her, though I think from memory they don't do the glucose tolerance tests at that centre :(

Have the NT scan booked for when I'm 13+4 (just inside the window of time you can have it), because DH will be away for a whole 9 nights prior to that, right when I'm 12 weeks. He's been away from me and DS several times before for a few nights but this will be the longest.

I think I said it in a previous post, but I'm pretty sure my MS is on the way out (fingers crossed). I was even able to have coffee (half a cup was all I could manage) yesterday and today.

Still getting nausea in the afternoons, but it's not as intense and I can kind of just ignore it and get on with it. Some days it's barely anything at all.

My sympathies to those of you with HG and severe MS, I really don't know how you do it :(

#23 Galanthus

Posted 01 March 2016 - 07:48 PM

neonsundance
As far as I know it's normal for the heart rate to be a little on the low end early on and then it rises a bit as you go along :) Pretty sure I read that somewhere!

Lou-bags
Aww 9 days apart and right around NT too. Glad you can make it within the window though!

#24 sjacks

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:16 PM

Just had blood drawn for the harmony test and an unexpected ultrasound to confirm the dates!  

Baby is measuring 10+6 which is exactly what we thought,  and I got to hear the heartbeat!  

Bummed that the hubs couldn't make this appointment,  but our next scan is only two weeks away abs he's definitely coming to that one!  

http://imgur.com/0RAKLec

#25 rayrae

Posted 04 March 2016 - 08:39 AM

Morning ladies, went for an 11wk scan yesterday and the person had gone home sick. Full bladder and time off work for nothing. Rescheduled for today 3.30 WA time. Fingers crossed.

Had a friend lose their baby at 30wks recently and someone at work at 20wks yesterday. Can't wait to see the heartbeat!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.