Bra help

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 raechel82

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:31 AM

Need recommendations for a good bra please.

Want something that gives smooth outline, and lifts. Really need the lift bit. For a C/D cup, that hopefully doesn't cost a fortune. But I am willing to consider all options.

#2 MintyBiscuit

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:37 AM

Berlei Barely There. They're not cheap, but you can generally get them on sale somewhere. I resisted for years spending the money on them, but they are so worth it

#3 Flaxen

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:06 PM

What suits others may not suit you. Some won't give the right shape to another person.

But...

Personally I got lucky with Targets own branded 'Remarkable Bra'. I have bought 4 now. Has a smooth line under clothes, lifts, is comfortable and best of all, cheap at $30. I'm a C/D cup.
Give this one a go to see if it suits you.

#4 raechel82

Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:27 PM

Ended up getting a $25 Hestia bra from Big W as I happened to be there. Very happy with it.

#5 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:38 PM

View Postraechel82, on 07 March 2016 - 05:27 PM, said:

Ended up getting a $25 Hestia bra from Big W as I happened to be there. Very happy with it.

I love the Hestias from Big W. They are the only ones I have used to restrain my 20Ds for a couple of years now. Have just bought three new ones recently.

#6 raechel82

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:12 PM

View PostFeral Grey Mare, on 07 March 2016 - 05:38 PM, said:

I love the Hestias from Big W. They are the only ones I have used to restrain my 20Ds for a couple of years now. Have just bought three new ones recently.

Yes I will go and get a couple more I think. I think my chest is about 2 inches higher :)

#7 BornToLove

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:36 PM

Another vote for the Berlei Barely There. Amazing bra, smooth under my clothes, great support.

#8 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:45 PM

View Postraechel82, on 07 March 2016 - 06:12 PM, said:

Yes I will go and get a couple more I think. I think my chest is about 2 inches higher :)

They had dark blue ones last time I was there. I feel quite racy wearing mine!

#9 Empress NG

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:59 AM

I love Bendon Damask bras.  Good support, comfortable and have you 'pointing' in the right direction! ;)

Some reviews I found online:  

http://reviews.zodee...ews/reviews.htm

#10 PrincessPeach

Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:10 PM

Another who loved her Berlin barely there bras!

Only reason I'm not in them now is because they don't make a maternity version!

#11 nom_de_plume

Posted 18 March 2016 - 01:31 PM

Calvin Klein Tshirt Bra. Comfortable and gives the right amount of lift. I think they're about $50 although you can get them at Costco for less. These are the only bras I own other than sports bras.

#12 Soontobegran

Posted 30 July 2016 - 05:37 PM

View PostPrincessPeach, on 08 March 2016 - 12:10 PM, said:

Another who loved her Berlin barely there bras!

Only reason I'm not in them now is because they don't make a maternity version!

They do have maternity PP. :)

http://www.ebay.com....TaOMyR8nU_eTVBQ

#13 HRH Countrymel

Posted 30 July 2016 - 05:49 PM

View PostFeral Grey Mare, on 07 March 2016 - 06:45 PM, said:

They had dark blue ones last time I was there. I feel quite racy wearing mine!

A big cup bra in a groovy colour??

I am consumed with jealousy!

#14 Soontobegran

Posted 30 July 2016 - 05:57 PM

View PostHRH Countrymel, on 30 July 2016 - 05:49 PM, said:

A big cup bra in a groovy colour??

I am consumed with jealousy!

I have red lace in a FF Cmel.  :)

#15 miss mia

Posted 30 July 2016 - 06:15 PM

Freya bras are the best for me. But they are $$$. I am a G cup though

#16 notsoretro

Posted 30 July 2016 - 06:23 PM

I love the Hestia ones too, they last well and I have them in all the colours

#17 BeAwesome

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:39 PM

As much as I loathe the branding, by far the best bra I've ever had are the Playboy 'bunny' bras from Bras n Things.  Some are a bit fussy, but I've got a couple of generally smooth ones.

#18 spr_maiden

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:57 PM

Zombies alive!!

Anyone have further rec'd of COMFORTABLE t shirt bra please? I prefer wider straps and coverage of band over my back if possible.

TIA!

#19 Tokra

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:11 PM

i struggle to find sports bras big time. My boobs are saggy so they jump around and my sports bras always end up stretched.

#20 magic_marker

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:17 PM

I have the Body Bliss Full Cup Bra. brasnthings store
Very comfortable. They are $55 though.
Very supportive

Red Sparrow, on 12 July 2019 - 06:11 PM, said:

i struggle to find sports bras big time. My boobs are saggy so they jump around and my sports bras always end up stretched.

I seen some very good ones at Costco the other day.

#21 spr_maiden

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:21 PM

^funnily enough my favourite bra is a few years old and it was $15 from Aldi. It is way past it's prime though.  And the newer Aldi ones are not suitable.

Eta. Googling your suggestion

Edited by spr_maiden, 12 July 2019 - 06:22 PM.

#22 sammyv

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:49 PM

I love my Victorias Secret - Body by Victoria Demi.  I used to have the Berlei barely there but love this more.

If you are in Melbourne a trip to Chadstone to the store is great.

#23 Zippypeaks

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:58 PM

I'm loving Fayreform at the moment, gives good lift and separation - No uniboob! They stock a large range of sizes and are often on sale.

#24 Daxy

Posted 12 July 2019 - 07:00 PM

magic_marker, on 12 July 2019 - 06:17 PM, said:

I have the Body Bliss Full Cup Bra. brasnthings store
Very comfortable. They are $55 though.

Another vote for these. I am a larger cup and they are great.

#25 Ivy Ivy

Posted 12 July 2019 - 07:14 PM

I have a number of Corin bras (I'm size 34H) style number 17871.  I tend to buy bras especially designed for larger cup sizes but you could check whether they make C/D cups, they probably do.  Lifts, supports, separates, great.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.