Most helpful job providers please! !

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Victory76

Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:38 AM

I am a single mum and my requirements from feb last year is to find 15+ hours a week employment.  Centrelink put me with Max Employment and in 12 months I have had 1 job interview.  They are making me resit the same group sessions over and over - what a waste of time.  I live in Toowoomba,  Qld.

Has anyone else had better experiences with other job providers that aren't in to time wasting and are a little more helpful?

Also,  are we allowed to change?  How do we do that?

Thanks in advance!
Frustrated

#2 Greatmum

Posted 12 April 2016 - 04:43 PM

Job provider i am with has got me no interviews, havent even looked at my resume they are hopeless.

Sorry I can't help.  I would like to advice too im in sydney.

I guess you can try calling centerlink and explaining to them.

So have you had anywork? Are you still getting payments? If so how if you are not working? I was told I had to work 15 hours a week or they will be cut off but give you a couple of months to find something im coming to the end of that time and was told they will send you to work but wont be a permanent job just to work for the money you get til you find something.

Before being on payments I have been looking for work for three years.  But things got desperate so had to go on centrelink.  I check employment sites everyday several times including like seek and woolworths coles bunnings costco everything.  sorry to hijack just need some advice also.

#3 Jupiter123

Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:05 PM

I have PM'd you Victory.

#4 Moo point

Posted 15 May 2016 - 04:51 PM

Have you tried private recruitment agencies, like Drake or Hays or similar? There is nothing stopping you from looking for work with private organisations, and they won't necessarily advertise all of their jobs on Seek. Depending on what type of work you're looking for, of course. Also the university in Toowoomba may have employment, try looking directly on their website.

Best of luck - I never had any joy from the government employment agency.

#5 Heather11

Posted 15 May 2016 - 05:03 PM

It depends on what level they have rated you at as to how much help they will provide.

#6 jamesandi

Posted 15 May 2016 - 06:36 PM

I think it's still the same - you'll need to go back to Centrelink to complain and change agencies.

I'd ask around locally. You just want one to fulfil the Centrelink obligations.

Actually finding work is usually not done by them though.

#7 Chocolate Addict

Posted 16 May 2016 - 11:44 PM

The government has changed the rules again so no more group sessions a million times a week (changed last week).

Did they set you up with a Max connect profile? and access to their job website?

They have done jack for me on the job search but have helped in other ways.

So have you had anywork? Are you still getting payments? If so how if you are not working? I was told I had to work 15 hours a week or they will be cut off but give you a couple of months to find something im coming to the end of that time and was told they will send you to work but wont be a permanent job just to work for the money you get til you find something.

As long as you are meeting your job requirements they won't cut you off. The job requirements are to report to your JSP (job search provider) as required by them and are applying for however many jobs they (JSP) have said you have to.

After a while they will put you on work for the dole that is compulsory and you get paid $20 something a day on top of the centrelink payment. (Which makes no sense thatthe government is paying us to work in a position that will never turn into a job).

I believe you can change providers but to be honest from what I have heard they are all pretty crap. At least Max does a lot of free training programs (at least the one near me does).

#8 Greatmum

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:19 PM

I'm not with Mac but someone else they r useless u go in give them list of jobs u have applied for and they give u a new sheet to fill out and they make new appt and that's it. I don't see what the point is. Why can't u just email it.

I have applied for 80+ jobs in five months with one interview. I don't know what else I can do.

Edited by Greatmum, 19 May 2016 - 08:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.