IVF with PGD #110

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
901 replies to this topic

#1 ~Mintie~

Posted 03 April 2016 - 11:34 AM

New thread time ladies. Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 Shiv7897

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:46 PM

Gold!

#3 Poppy84

Posted 03 April 2016 - 10:58 PM

meerkat, Fingers crossed all your embryos are genetically perfect and stick the first go!
I'm not even  sure if my clinic opens on weekends, but I googled my FS and he is a leader in the field, plus I don't have a lot of choice as QFG are the only ones in Brisbane who do  Karyomapping.  
I do wish everything was quicker, having not done IVF before I'm desperate to know if I will get enough embryos etc. the doc said 32 was a good age to get a good outcome, but I wish I'd done it earlier now.  Its a stressful time not being able to do anything to make things quicker.
I'm hoping my DNA probe is ready this week but it will probably take longer :/

#4 Wonderstruck

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:07 AM

Poppy - PGD does limit your choices. We had well-meaning relatives tell us about all the low cost IVF clinics which of course, do not offer PGD :)

Unfortunately theres a lot of waiting at all stage. It helps to try and be patient but I struggle something shocking. I struggle a lot as my clinic is next door to my work and now parts in my building and we've been ready since Jan 15 but had to sort saving, new jobs etc. The worst was 12 weeks waiting for my test work up as I couldn't do anything! Lucky yours is quicker. Waiting for the embryos to grow to day 5 and biospy was hard but this wait for biospy results is pretty terrible.

Its full of unknowns. Until you do a cycle you have no idea how you are going to respond. Someties it perfect, other times you need a cycle tweak the next time around. I do hope for you that it all goes smoothly.

Chatting with the ladies here does help me not to go too insane!

Fx your probe is ready this week and all those waiting this week get some good news!

Hope all the ladies waiting for FETs are going well!

#5 Shiv7897

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:07 AM

mcbubba - Have you head anything more about your results?

#6 Wonderstruck

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:35 AM

Still in Limbo land Shiv. Its been 2 weeks since biopsy, 3 weeks since EPU -  have another week or 2 to wait. Hopefully results will be this week not next week!

Edited by McBubba2016, 04 April 2016 - 08:35 AM.

#7 tac87

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:36 AM

Your doing great McBubba, waiting is so hard, especially for results.

Poppy. You'll find once your test is made the ball really starts rolling. Hang in there.

I hope everyone else is doing well

#8 MissDolly

Posted 04 April 2016 - 02:36 PM

I think we have all earned a Masters degree in waiting by now!!

AFM, just waiting for Friday's appt with the FS....!

#9 Wonderstruck

Posted 04 April 2016 - 02:42 PM

I'm finding the waiting really hard now...I know I'm being ridiculous

Edited by McBubba2016, 04 April 2016 - 02:42 PM.

#10 Shiv7897

Posted 04 April 2016 - 04:01 PM

So much waiting! Im finding it hard too. Knowing I have normal embryos im desperate to transfer, but know I need to wait and follow the plan

Definitely not ridiculous mcbubba - waiting is hard work!

Edited by Shiv7897, 04 April 2016 - 04:02 PM.

#11 Poppy84

Posted 04 April 2016 - 05:57 PM

Hang in there ladies - we can all be inpatient and frustrated together!

#12 Blue Lavender

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:38 PM

Poppy you will be fine. I wish I was 32! It is expensive but we don't have other options. You will get used to the injections. I am grateful that I can access the treatment close to home and work. At least we don't have to go overseas for pgd. Mcbubba I am waiting too. Hope work is at least pleasant.

#13 Wonderstruck

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:13 PM

I hope you're not going as crazy as I am Blue Lavender. Work is ok but I am so distracted!

While the expense sucks sometimes, especially the PGD testing with no rebate (which would save the government moneh in treatment costs in the long run)... I am greatful for the help we do get. I paid about $150 or something for my meds in total or $38 an item but the full cost of the meds was astonishing...my course of Puregon alone was $1,700, the synarel was $220ish and Orgalutran was $420ish so over $2k in meds.

My clinic really is expensive compared with a lot of others but I feel like I've had a good result thus far so I guess I can't complain!

#14 MeerkatManor

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:31 AM

Thanks Poppy. 32 is young! A lot of people haven't even met their partners by 32 or gotten to a point in their careers where ivf is affordable. AFC and blood tests give us clues, but the ivf cycle itself is the real "test" of your ovarian reserve. So don't stress if during your work up some of the numbers seem to be worse than numbers you read about. Best of luck to you.

Masters, miss dolly? I think we have a couple of post doctorates and can supervise a group of PhDs!

Mcbubba there's a good result waiting for you. With 12 it's statistically very likely you'll get normals.

ASM, starting to anticipate the pgs results. Reading the posts here is good distraction, so I have notifications turned on.

#15 Shiv7897

Posted 05 April 2016 - 07:11 AM

How do you turn notifications on?

#16 Wonderstruck

Posted 05 April 2016 - 07:33 AM

Thanks Meerkat. DH has reminded me of that but I feel like I've used up all my good luck...silly I know.

I have to deal with Medicare today. They are still rejecting one item no saying the referring doctor is closed, the same referring doctor as all the other items they paid and it was all on the one invoice with the same details! It's been submitted like 3 times and they still dont get it! I also have to ring to confirm for the safety net which seems stupid! But I'll do it as I'll need the higher rebates!

#17 MissDolly

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:36 AM

Medicare is a pain in the backside

#18 Wonderstruck

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:39 AM

I just gave up after waiting on hold for 30 mins! Will have to try again shortly!

#19 1lexi1

Posted 05 April 2016 - 10:45 AM

Oh man, that sounds painful! Is it something the clinic can help you with? I've never had a problem with mine going through...

#20 Wonderstruck

Posted 05 April 2016 - 10:52 AM

The clinic is trying, hopefully they can sort it out. Its only a a small bit if the rebate but it all helps.

I tried to find out what kind of cycle I'll be doing but they've said they'll find out once I get my results. I'm worried if this is a 28 day cycle abd they decide to do a medicated FET I'll miss April/May :(

This wait is horrible!

#21 MeerkatManor

Posted 05 April 2016 - 11:38 AM

Shiv in the desktop version there's a button on the top right that says "follow this thread".

I'm with you McBubba. The waiting is horrible!

#22 Shiv7897

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:05 PM

thanks meerkat!

#23 1lexi1

Posted 05 April 2016 - 02:56 PM

McBubba, my bet would be on you doing a natural cycle. I'd ring on day one regardless and see what they can do!

#24 Wonderstruck

Posted 05 April 2016 - 07:11 PM

Medicare issues now sorted...now just keeping on with the waiting, how is everyone else going?

#25 Blue Lavender

Posted 05 April 2016 - 09:22 PM

Mcbubba going on holidays tomorrow. First year wedding anniversary what a year it has been . Four rounds behind us now. Hope we get a good news call when away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.