IVF with PGD #110

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
901 replies to this topic

#26 Wonderstruck

Posted 05 April 2016 - 09:28 PM

Have an awesome trip Blue Lavender and a lovely aniversary! DH and I have been married 2.5 years and planned our wedding to be the date between our birthdays, so we'd have an excuse for getaways, we barely afforded it the first time and were too broke the second time. Hoping to be UTD this time.

I have my fx for you!

Poor DH I've been so cranky, I thought I'd be better at this but should have known better, I am terribly impatient most of the time!

I'm CD21 today and my right ovary aches, either I'm ovulating or gearing up for AF - I don't notice much usually during my cycle except for right before AF but I suppose its to be expected when they've over stimulated you so much in the previous month.

Edited by McBubba2016, 05 April 2016 - 09:49 PM.

#27 Shiv7897

Posted 06 April 2016 - 06:44 AM

Im with you mcbubba - the waiting is ridiculous!

In waiting for surgery on Friday. This week is going very slowly.

#28 Wonderstruck

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:32 AM

Gd luck for surgery tomorrow Shiv.

DH and I did some fiddling with the finances and applied to refinance our mortgage which should take some of our financial pressure off and free up some cash for a few more renovations our little apartment desparately needs. The terrible bathroom was fixed late last year, the windows are being done soon and now we can probably do the kitchen and new blinds we need. So its kind of been a little bit of a distraction.

I had a bit of a cry and freak-out on Tuesday night...I'm not sure if its rebounding hormoes, stress or AF due next week...I feel a little better and think I'll ask for an update today. Hopefully I'll know this week or at the latest this time next week. Not sure how I'll take it if I have to wait longer. Today/tomorrow is 3 weeks past biopsy...4 since EPU on Sat

How is everyone else going?

#29 Shiv7897

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:34 AM

Where are you based mcbubba? I can't believe the variance in wait times. I know I'm lucky because I'm based in Melb and the pgs testing is done at the same place.

#30 Wonderstruck

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:40 AM

Sydney. My clinic does testing for a lot of other clinics that are inter-state.

The timeframe they give is 3-4 weeks, they usually come in a touch earlier than quoted time frames but mine includes the easter period.

I guess my testing is more comprehensive than most as testing for a genetic condition too.

I'll call sometime this morning...hopefully they just call me before then...

Edited by McBubba2016, 07 April 2016 - 08:43 AM.

#31 MeerkatManor

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:45 AM

Just received email, we have 5 normal blastocysts!!

#32 Wonderstruck

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:47 AM

Meerkat that is so awesome! I'm doing the happy dance for you.

Looks like a lot of FETs coming up!

#33 MeerkatManor

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:52 AM

Thanks McBubba! I think PGS is much more straight forward than PGD. Hope you get your PGD results soon too -fingers crossed for awesome results for you!

#34 MissDolly

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:02 AM

Fantastic Meerkat!!!  That is great news.  When are you thinking of doing an FET?

It's been all quiet on the thread, simply because I think most of us are just waiting for something!  I hope everyone is going well.

Shiv I hope your surgery goes well tomorrow.

McBubba I am anxiously awaiting to hear your results, and keeping everything crossed for excellent results (though I'm sure given your numbers you will be fine) - hope you're hanging in there and don't have to wait too much longer!!

#35 Wonderstruck

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:31 AM

Called today. Still in progress. Should be done early next week. I'd love for them to deliver early. If not, I should be able to handle a few more days...

#36 tac87

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:45 AM

Meerkat . 5 norms, that is great. Wishing you all, the best for your FET. Do you know when that will be? Very exciting.

McBubba. Hang in there, make some weekend plans to keep you busy.... As we keep saying, not long now.

Things going along fine here. AF should arrive next weekend... Time goes bye so slowly when your waiting. We have been talking alot about what we'll do if the FET doesn't go well. It's tough, but will wait and see. I've probably got a bit of a negative outlook arm on IVF and generally any future bubs for us which I'm trying to shake off.

Good luck to everyone waiting......

#37 Wonderstruck

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:51 AM

I suppose Tac all you can do is take it as it comes. You may be lucky and be done with ttc for good. If not I'm sure there are things you can look into  and debrief with the clinic about a different strategy if you need and want to (for example wait to biopsy when they're blasts to see if that helps???).

Fx you'll soon have your BFP.

AF is due sometime next week so fx I have ny results by then!

Edited by McBubba2016, 07 April 2016 - 11:52 AM.

#38 MissDolly

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:16 PM

It's so hard tac.  Try and stay positive.  Easier said that done sometimes, I know.

McBubba fx that your dates line up and you get your results next week and can do a FET soon!  Woo!!

#39 MeerkatManor

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:30 PM

Thanks everyone! I'm walking around with a smile; even being in the middle of the horrid post IVF bleed doesn't feel as bad as before.

I haven't scheduled a transfer yet. Will find out what my FS recommends. Scared as it's our first attempt at FET. When are you starting Miss dolly, Shiv and Tac?

Tac you'll get there. Sending you a big hug.

Edited by MeerkatManor, 07 April 2016 - 02:36 PM.

#40 Shiv7897

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:39 PM

Congrats meerkat!! Great news.
I'll probably start a FET cycle last week of April. I'm on the pill atm because I'm having a hysteroscopy tomorrow, stop the pill 23/4 so whenever I start bleeding after that will mark the beginning of the next cycle

Edited by Shiv7897, 07 April 2016 - 02:40 PM.

#41 tac87

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:41 PM

Thanks girls.
I'm due for AF on the 17th so that will make my FET for around the 5th of May. I'm usually regular so FX I stay like that .
I'm actually really interested in seeing the tracking/monitoring for my ovulation cycle as we really struggled falling preg naturally before we knew about our gene mishaps.

#42 MissDolly

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:56 PM

I've got the appointment with the FS tomorrow on CD11, so hoping for a FET sometime next week...!

#43 Wonderstruck

Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:34 PM

Meerkat - hope you're celebrating!!!

BlueLavender - hang in there!

Shiv - rest up for tomorrow. Make sure you take it easy.

Tac - waiting is hardest when we feel like we can't do anything like I feel now! Just take it easy getting ready for that FET!

MissDolly - you're nearly there. So excited for you!

I'm sorry to those waiting and quiet I have forgotten!

AFM - really hoping that my clinc does like last time and calls on Friday when they had told me 'early next week' - if not hopefully this is the last few days of waiting!

#44 MKBA

Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:47 PM

Sounds likes lots of waiting all round and a few FET's - wishing everyone love and luck!

AFM - AF arrived today so start my FSH shots tmrw. Random question but what time did people choose for the evening shots every night?

Is 7pm too early? I think I have done different times through each of my cycles and I wonder if there is any advice around the best evening time to select! haha... am I over thinking it??

#45 Wonderstruck

Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:50 PM

I did AM shots 7am. I'd choose a time when you're most likely to be home :)

#46 Green lady

Posted 08 April 2016 - 05:37 AM

Meerkat - congrats - 5 is a great result !

#47 1lexi1

Posted 08 April 2016 - 06:36 AM

Meerkat - that's a great result! How exciting!

Shiv - good luck for today.

It's going to be such an interesting month or so with so many people doing FETs! Fingers crossed for all :)
I'm just trying to have a few weeks of being super healthy before moving into my FET cycle... And trying to block out that it's not happening this month due to my work trip. At least I get a few days away next week.

Happy Friday to all!

#48 1lexi1

Posted 08 April 2016 - 06:37 AM

Oh and MKBA, I'm also a morning shots person - like McBubba it was easier to pick a time when I knew I'd be home.

#49 Wonderstruck

Posted 08 April 2016 - 06:41 AM

Hang in there Lexi...

I've woken up achey with a sore throat :( and I'm getting pre-af cramps and its only CD24...since my post BCP periods were long for a while and the last ones before IVF were 33 and 37 days...not sure what to think. Maybe IVf whacked it back into shape?

Really hoping since I'm feeling crap on a Friday I get my call a few days early!

#50 Shiv7897

Posted 08 April 2016 - 09:30 AM

Out of surgery now, appears to have gone well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.