Ready Set Go Girls #261

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
446 replies to this topic

#1 ~Mintie~

Posted 03 April 2016 - 11:36 AM

New thread time ladies. Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 Shiv7897

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:47 PM

Gold!

#3 amie484

Posted 04 April 2016 - 04:30 AM

Silver

#4 reillyg

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:18 AM

Hi ladies,

I broached the subject of accupuncture with DH this morning and all he said was 'ok', wasn't a hard sell after all!

Darcy - I'm also going to follow the old wives tales this time too, did a foot bath last night and will try and keep them warm throughout the next few weeks. I've read that some people have used a hot water bottle on the stomach during the stimming phase, I asked the nurses, they said they hadn't heard of it but didn't say not to do it. It's hard though, with too much googling I find conflicting reports... e.g. limit dairy vs dairy is ok. I'm not too hung up on it though as I think being relaxed is of primary importance (and I love cheese so I'm tending towards the dairy is ok view!)

Hope everyone is doing well!

#5 Wonderstruck

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:26 AM

If it helps Reilyg I didn't do anything special during Stim other than no alcohol and no heavy excerise or BD (FS was strict on the no heavy exercise/BD). I had my morning coffee and did everything else as usual. My Stim went great!

Try and relax it will likely help more than getting hung up on googling, most of it is put of your control :)

#6 reillyg

Posted 04 April 2016 - 12:35 PM

Hi McBubba, our results aren't comparable as I'm 10 years older than you. Unfortunately a lot of it is out of my control simply due to age. It doesn't help when you don't meet your DH until later in life, not much you can do about that!

#7 Wango

Posted 04 April 2016 - 12:51 PM

Reillyg - I'm about the same age as you and the nurses said anything that improves blood flow is good for the stim phase.   Light exercise etc.

Stay away from heat packs post transfer but in theory it should work during stim because the heat would increase blood flow to the area.

#8 Wonderstruck

Posted 04 April 2016 - 01:06 PM

It does seem rather unfair how much age affects it all fx for good results for you :)

#9 furbaby

Posted 04 April 2016 - 01:57 PM

It's not even just an age thing unfortunately, I did my first round at 32 and here I still am a year later... My acupuncturist did say to keep my feet warm but the weather is only getting cool enough now that I would use heat on them, otherwise I'd be a sweaty betty :)

Anything that brings heat/blood flow through the area I think is good while stimming, i also am walking lots to get the blood flow but nothing harder than walking as my FS was clear on that too.

AFM - I'm getting twinges in my ovaries all day, hope it means lots of follies are growing nicely in there :)
Waiting on bloods results for today but guessing I'll be in for my u/s on Wednesday to check out the progress.

#10 reillyg

Posted 04 April 2016 - 02:05 PM

EMM - good point, I remember now that the nurse did tell me it was ok to use a heat pack after EPU but not post transfer.

McBubba - thank you :)

furbaby - glad to hear nothing harder than walking, my FS hadn't told me anything about exercise and DH is trying to get me to the gym, now I can tell him I'm not allowed to!!

#11 Wonderstruck

Posted 04 April 2016 - 02:09 PM

Reilly - The heat pack really does help with the pain past EPU, my nurse gave me one immediately after EPU and used it for a day or two plus pain killers. Gentle walking would be fine but I'd steer clear of the heavy excerise plus you won't likely feel like anyway. I felt very bloated and uncomfortable at the end!

Furbaby twinges are good I think! They feel weird. I had days were I felt a lot of bloating and twinges and other days I felt nothing, I worried when I didn't fell anything which was silly but honestly it comes and goes.

I'm trying not to stress but am super over waiting for my biospy results!

Edited by McBubba2016, 04 April 2016 - 02:14 PM.

#12 MarleyS

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:58 PM

McBubba what a long wait for you! I hope you hear something this week.

Furbaby good luck for your scan.

I use heat packs before transfer, and also the acupuncturist uses the heat lamps for sessions prior to transfer. After transfer he says no heat.

How is everyone else going??

#13 furbaby

Posted 05 April 2016 - 09:13 AM

Thanks MarleyS.

My E2 is already at nearly 900 and that was on CD5 so definitely stuff happening in there. Hoping U/S shows good news tomorrow, last time I had a leading follicle that seemed to rob all the meds :( so hopefully they're all being good and sharing in there :)

McBubba I'd say the waiting is killing ya. Even after all the waiting there's still the two week wait, this whole process teaches patience if nothing else!

reillyg as I understand it because they grow your follicles to ridiculous sizes but they're still attached by the same little ligaments that's why they advise no exercise, those ligaments can be damaged. Then after as well none for a while that would raise your core temp too high. Get used to walking or yoga :)

#14 Wonderstruck

Posted 05 April 2016 - 07:15 PM

Its sounding good furbaby, fx for even follicles!

Edited by McBubba2016, 05 April 2016 - 08:51 PM.

#15 amie484

Posted 05 April 2016 - 09:28 PM

Started synarel today. So far so good, waiting for the dreaded headaches to hit.

#16 Wonderstruck

Posted 05 April 2016 - 09:56 PM

Ick Amie, I can't imagine what it would be like using Synarel for an extended period - I had to do six puffs as my trigger and it was gross. Make sure you keep up the fluids and pain killers if need be :)

This 'rest/waiting' cycle has been pretty crap while I wait for my PGD results...I;ve had a lot of headaches...I've been popping the pain killers or otherwise I end up with a migraine, I guess I shouldn't be so hard on myself after how high my hormone levels were but still!

Poor DH I've been so cranky, I thought I'd be better at this but should have known better, I am terribly impatient most of the time! Hurry up PGD results.

I'm CD21 today and my right ovary aches, either I'm ovulating or gearing up for AF - I don't notice much usually during my cycle except for right before AF but I suppose its to be expected when they've over stimulated you so much in the previous month.

Edited by McBubba2016, 05 April 2016 - 09:59 PM.

#17 furbaby

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:54 AM

So had my U/S this morning and the follies are looking good. 32 in total 3 over 10mm so already better than my other cycles.
However, as things are never easy in this journey they saw an intra uterine adhesion in there, reckon it must have grown after my D&E last year. So now have to see what my doctor says about it, if we're going to have to do a freeze all and remove it.
I'm hoping it won't slow the process down too much :(

Good luck with the headaches Amie, I've never had the Synarel but doesn't sound fun.

McBubba the waiting must be horrible but odds are with you for healthy embies in there so hopefully it'll all over soon and you'll be in the 2ww :)

#18 Wonderstruck

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:05 AM

Freeze all isn't too bad. Some FS perfer it as your body has time to rest :) Sounds like it is progressing well.

#19 Darcy41

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:06 AM

Hi All
sending healthy happy vibes to you all!

McBubba what is your wait count at the moment?  I saw someone post saying they were with the same place and theirs took exactly 4 weeks to the day.

fitness Stuff - I've read up a bit about exercise, but have mostly been focussing on pre-post pregnancy not in the cycle, so not sure on that, I have heard mostly stay in bed post transfer and nothing more strenuous than walking.  Post pregnancy I think the only major thing is stay away from lying flat on your back (and I think that comes into play in week 12 or so due to some artery that can be blocked). And most low impact exercise is ok.

the best suggestion for post transfer I have read is to make sure you are laughing a lot and happy - that made me smile just thinking about it and I would like to think I can do that, but I guess hormones will dictate the overall feel!

reillyg - I haven't looked for articles yet, had a uni assignment due and was not very keen on doing more reading he he he  I will do that though, even though you have said DH was a bit of a push over for this one, sometimes our boys surprise us eh?

amie484 wishing you all the best with the pill and next cycle extra happy healthy vibes to you

good luck with your u/s furbaby hope it looks fab in there

so my fantasy pre-ivf pregnancy hopes ended *snort* I am such a dork.  spotting yesterday and I still entertained is it implantation, even thought my cramps were different, but CD1 today.

I think I have been pretty zen about getting started so far, but now I am a bundle of agitated nerves.  Pros - I am now down to 75mg from 450mg of my antidepressant medication (I have a personality disorder and a mood disorder) and I have shown no discernible mood drop due to the dosage change (yay!).  Will have had 5 of 6 recommended pre-transfer acupuncture sessions by this Friday. Uni mid-semester break starts next week, so I have 2 weeks without contact hours, I can focus on all those little old wives tales and have lots of pineapple and avocado and brazil nuts :)

sorry for typing oodles... it's a thing for me I have problems with short and sweet

#20 Wonderstruck

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:10 AM

Saturday is 4 weeks post EPU and Friday is 3 weeks post biopsy...it could be this week or next!

Good luck with starting Darcy. Let us know how you go!

#21 MrsM00

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:24 AM

Reilly – enjoy the acupuncture, I truly love my sessions! So relaxing!  I hear you about all the ‘do’s’ and ‘don’ts’ we find online.  Sometimes I’m all over it, other times I’m a bit whatever.  Do what feels right for you… stressing about it isn’t good so if you want that cheese, eat the cheese!! :yes: The heat packs post transfer I think you’ll find is not great… you aren’t to take hot baths/spas etc so just check with your FS/nurses before you do that.

Furbaby – fx for some good numbers with those follies!  Did you have your u/s today?

McBubba – how are you tracking? I see you are still waiting for those biopsy results! How frustrating for you!!

Marley – my acupuncture is much the same.  I love those heat lamps! How are you tracking?

Amie – hope the headaches stay away or at least aren’t too bad for you.  Look after yourself.

AFM – have felt like a pin cushion this week.  I’ve had to have bloods every other day to get my baseline for ovulation.  FS thought I’d have o’d last weekend but didn’t.  Had another u/s this morning and there is one very large ‘lazy’ follicle that she said looks like is about to collapse – so waiting on today’s blood results to confirm the LH surge or not.  If not, I’m to trigger tonight so this cycle will still be a viable one (thank goodness!.  I was so worried the FS was going to cancel due to later O date given today is CD19.  Am really bloated today so I’m hoping that’s a good sign that the follicle is going to step up and release (FS thought it was)!

I’ve been watching what I eat, so have completely cut out sugar, dairy and grains for the past few weeks (am having lots of green vegetables and fish and chicken).  Have lost a bit of weight and am feeling good.  Still having one coffee a day, and loads of water.  Back into lifting weights at the gym which I’m loving, so all in all I’m feeling really great about having something else to focus on that can only benefit me and a future bub.  My FS is happy for me to keep doing what I’m doing given I haven’t tried to start after a transfer etc… I just have to keep at it and listen to my body.

So I'm all FX that I'll get a transfer date for early next week! :pray:

Edit - must've posted at the same time! Ignore any double ups!!

Edited by MrsM00, 06 April 2016 - 09:29 AM.

#22 Wonderstruck

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:36 AM

Fx for transfer MrsM00! I'll be calling tomorrow to get an update to see how much longer this wait is going to be!

#23 furbaby

Posted 06 April 2016 - 10:28 AM

Hey Mrs M00, had my U/S today (posted above :)) Follies looking good but they have seen an adhesion that seems to be tying the walls of the uterus together, results are going to doc for analysis but dr. Google tells me I need a hysteroscopy to get rid of it or I'm very high risk of M/C.
If I can get a batch of good embies though that should only delay my cycle by a month, still though it's just one more thing I get to worry about.

FX for you getting to transfer, glad this cycle isn't lost even if your follicle is lazy :)
Well done on the diet and exercise, I'm working on that at the moment too, lots and lots of walking. If I do have to do a freeze all and wait a month I'll def be getting out there and running and weights to get as healthy as I can again before the transfer.

I know what you mean about the pin cushion, I feel like a druggie with all the track marks in my arm from all the bloods! and silly me injected myself with the wrong luveris needle last night, I used the giant one meant for mixing instead of the nice thin one meant to go into my skin. Just shows how far I've come with the injections, I just saw the giant needle and forced it in. My first cycle I was panicking over the tiny gonal f one! :D

#24 Shiv7897

Posted 06 April 2016 - 01:36 PM

Furbaby - I'm in a similar position. Did a cycle in March to create and grow embryos. Got April off so I can have a hysteroscopy to check for lining issues.

Good luck with your cycle!

#25 furbaby

Posted 06 April 2016 - 02:59 PM

Hey Shiv,

ya looks like we're in same boat alright, I am pcos with anovulation too and my DH goes between normal and low morphology depending on the day of the test.

Hopefully we both get our BFP soon :)
Best of luck to you too :bighug:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.