Ready Set Go Girls #261

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
446 replies to this topic

#51 Darcy41

Posted 08 April 2016 - 09:04 PM

It says for emergencies(the after hours number) I'm not sure if this qualifies might try the number anyway see what happens thanks I am prone to nausea and allergic to some anti nausea meds... but this is bad even for me

Thnx

#52 Wonderstruck

Posted 08 April 2016 - 09:07 PM

Please do Darcy, just in case they want you checked out. I worried a little everytime I had a little stomach upset about OHSS because of all the warnings.As you sound quite ill probably best to check it out.

#53 MrsM00

Posted 08 April 2016 - 09:38 PM

McBubba - boo for those PGD results! It's taking forever, you must be going nuts!

PrincessLaura - welcome! Hope your stay is short & sweet!

Furbaby & Shiv - I had last month off too between the fresh and now this FET.  Good thing too, my cycle was long due to the hormones and the FS and nurses said I'd have probably not got a BFP due to it.

Marley - Fx this is your lucky month!  I think we are in much of the same situation so I understand!

Amie - might just be your body adjusting.  We all get super sensitive to what's going on when we normally wouldn't notice.  Hopefully it's nothing to worry about

Shiv - hope you are resting up and recovering nicely.  

Nimble - fx for you - we will be almost cycle buddies!

Furbaby - good numbers, fx things keep progressing well for you

AFM - Got the call that my bloods confirmed I surged on Wednesday, and O'd yesterday.  So now I'm 1DPO and I'm going in for the FET on Tuesday 5DPO (find out when exactly on Monday). Hoping all goes well with the thaw, we only have two 5 day frosties (FS is only trf the one though - even though I asked for both she doesn't want to do that just yet given this is the first FET attempt).  

Slight change to the protocol this time compared to the fresh in that I am not using crnione gel but the pessaries (I think I'd prefer another needle tbh!!).  Get to start that lovely part of it all tomorrow night I think.  What joy!  DH is already saying my libido has dropped significantly these past few months (he's right of course -why are they always right) and now to add this to the mix, not sure I'm going to be interested in BD'ing much at all!  Sigh... feel so bad for him...

Darcy - you poor thing, can you call one of those after hours numbers or call the hospital?  If it were me I think I'd take the gonal, especially if I'd already had a few of them over the last few days with no reaction, as I'd be inclined to think it's a bug more than anything.

#54 Wonderstruck

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:29 AM

Darcy, hope you're doing ok.

MrsM00 very exciting fx for your FET on Tuesday.

AFM - have a cold a feeling gross. Really hoping this passed quickly as I'm not in the mood for it lol, especially being CD25 and expecting AF any day now.

This may be the first time a while I'll be wishing the weekend away.  I'm going crazy and hoping they call early on Monday, I hate generic answers like 'early next week' I'll be jumping every time the phone rings.

Catching up with friends this weekend so hopefully that helps.

#55 amie484

Posted 09 April 2016 - 12:55 PM

Darcy, call the after hours number, this qualifies for sure, it could impact on your whole cycle! And trust me, as devastating as a cancelled cycle is, the earlier the better coz there's nothin worse than going through what we go through and paying what we have to pay, only to have it fail. And that's only worst case scenario, there may be a quick fix/small adjustment to be made to make everything better?

#56 purpleblaze

Posted 09 April 2016 - 03:53 PM

Thanks furbaby, I am scheduled for antagonistic cycle. Will wait to see what the FS says before making any bookings.

#57 furbaby

Posted 11 April 2016 - 09:40 AM

Good morning all,

McBubba - I hope you get your phonecall this morning

MrsM00 - Fx for your embies thawing, I hope you FET goes well for you!!!

Darcy - how are you feeling, did you talk to your clinic?

I triggered last night at midnight, had another U/S on Saturday and apparently lots of little ones were coming up so to avoid OHSS I'm going for EPU tomorrow. Fx for lots of mature follies as well!

Triggered with Syneral, and had a blood test this morning to make sure it worked. never triggered with anything other than HCG before so never had a blood test to make sure it worked, has any triggered this way before. Just wondering what happens if it didn't work???

#58 Wonderstruck

Posted 11 April 2016 - 09:50 AM

Furbaby, I triggered with Synarel. It will be fine. I freaked out but the blood test said all ok and in fact they made me trigger with more than the dose required to be sure (but didn't tell me that!)

Good luck for tomorrow!!!

Struggling to focus at work today!

Edited by McBubba2016, 11 April 2016 - 09:52 AM.

#59 furbaby

Posted 11 April 2016 - 09:59 AM

Thanks McBubba good to know.
Ya I took 6 sprays last night so guessing its a bit of and overdose of it :)

I can't even concentrate and all I'm doing is the EPU tomorrow, and its my 3rd one! Just praying there's a few more eggs in there than previous rounds! :pray:

#60 Wonderstruck

Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:07 AM

I did six too and FS told me at EPU you only need 2 lol. It was pouring out of my nose!

#61 MarleyS

Posted 12 April 2016 - 10:19 AM

MrsMoo, all the best for your transfer today!

Furbaby, hope you get good numbers for EPU! Your scan sounded positive. And make sure to rest up afterwards.

#62 MrsM00

Posted 12 April 2016 - 11:54 AM

Furbaby - hope EPU goes well today, look after yourself afterwards.

How's everyone else travelling?

Thanks everyone - embryo is on board!  Had the transfer mid-morning and am home for the rest of the day doing nothing but chilling on the couch.

Going to spend the afternoon trying to find ways to improve the sex life with DH.  It's been so mechanical and purposeful for TTC for so long now, he's quite upset about it.  I get him too... I'm not loving how it is, but so far I am reading it's quite common.  Maybe a weekend away might be in order... one where I don't care what CD i'm on and not having to worry about Oing etc.  We shall see!

#63 amie484

Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:38 PM

Good luck to everyone who is up to important parts of their cycles. My Synarel headache has just hit and OMG exactly what I was expecting unfortunately 😞 Just thankful I'm on holidays for 2 weeks but have probably 4 more weeks of the horrible stuff still to go 😔  
MrsM00 we're having a similar issue although made worse by my psych meds killing my libido. It was my birthday on Sunday and we went out for dinner Saturday night and I probably had 1 or 2 too many glasses of bubbly lol but he enjoyed it LOL. Apparently I was a little wild. So there's always the wine option for you to try lol!

#64 furbaby

Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:59 PM

Just home. 22 retrieved but the embryologist said she thought 14 looked mature so there'll be some drop off tomorrow for fertilisation.
Pretty sore now but fingers crossed for the next 5 days.
Having my Gatorade now.

MrsM00 - hope that emby is implanting as I type :)
I find a night away in a hotel spices things up, or as amie says wine also does the trick ;) Time to get back to doing it for fun and not just TTC

McBubba - anyword on your embies?

Resting up now. And crossing fingers and toes! :pray:

#65 Wonderstruck

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:02 PM

Nice result Furbaby! Fx for the fert call tomorrow!

I've given up hoping for an answer today despite what I was told yesterday. Friday is 4 weeks post biopsy and 5 weeks post epu...hopefully will have an answer by then :(

#66 strawberryblonde76

Posted 12 April 2016 - 04:02 PM

McBubba - I just looked back and I got my results on 15 March and my embryo transfer was 13 March, EPU 8 March. So you are close!!

#67 strawberryblonde76

Posted 12 April 2016 - 04:15 PM

Or one month and one day since biopsy

#68 Darcy41

Posted 12 April 2016 - 04:58 PM

Hi All,
I ended up fine the next day, I did call and the nurse advised to still inject as it sounded like a bug and I woke up ravenous.  I only kept down a lemonade icy pole just before I fell asleep and nothing else.  Next morning I had scrambled eggs and crumpets and left over soup that I was not able to eat the day before.  I felt really awful though :sick:.

Nothing from injections since started orgalutran last night that one's a little owie compared to the gonal f which I barely feel..though I am super tired and did anyone feel a bit stupid... or is that just me? :omg:

As for bd, I have a super low sex drive normally and this had put a dent in things on top of that, but I have found that I feel more loving thinking about bd ending in a baby that is the two of our biological mix.  But totally agree on the wine, alcohol makes our progesterone spike and definitely helps a lot.

MrsMoo sending happy sticky vibes to your emby! (and some sexy vibes for you and DH)

Furbaby lovely egg count hope as many as needed  for your miracle and bonuses do well

McBubba we are all hanging in here with you, hopefully strawberryblonde is correct and yours are just a day or two away.

Amie so sorry about those headaches, take it easy and look after yourself - you know that bd cures headaches right? ;)
though wine can give you more.... oh dear the decisions we have to make.

Happy Healthy In Cycle or Waiting or any other variations out there vibes to everyone reading.

#69 Darcy41

Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:00 PM

erm yeah that sounds as intelligent as I feel today lol - I have not had any wine.  Hope it all makes sense anyway, apologies if not.

#70 MrsM00

Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:57 PM

ha ha furbaby, aime and darcy- nice work! I need to get back on to the vino then it seems!  We cut it out... clearly it's not doing my any favours!!!  

Amie - hope that headache goes away for you.  Sounds awful... maybe a nice cuppa and feet up is in order.

Furbaby - that's a great number collected.  Fx for a good fert rate over the next few days.

Darcy - Orgalutran hurts more I think... did for me too.  It's the needle size it's a bit thicker... and you kinda feel that one going in too.  Hopefully you will be fine now that the first one is out of the way. Glad to hear that you are feeling better.  

McBubba - you deserve a medal for this wait!  I hope that call finally comes through tomorrow for you.  We all want to know!!!

So I came across some 'research' that shows that IVF can play a huge toll on libidos. So that made me feel better.  It's not just me, it's the whole situation.  I think I'm going to talk to DH and suggest we book a weekend away and schedule in those date nights again (we used to do one a week where we went out but we've let that slide).  I think I forget that he doesn't really 'get' the whole IVF process and so he doesn't know when we can/can't all the time and I become a bit withdrawn about it all feeling like I'm letting us down on the family front.  So all of that combined does not make me feel like being very amorous!  I need to get back to what it was before we were TTC and it was for pure enjoyment and intimacy.  Spice things up a bit I think! :baby:

#71 Shiv7897

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:10 PM

ive found if hubby does housework i feel much more romantically disposed towards him..... :)

seriously though, im not surprised IVF dampens the libido, all the hormones and physical and emotional stress!

a weekend away sounds like a great idea :)

#72 Wonderstruck

Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:29 PM

Darcy - I'm glad you're ok. I was worried. Organultran is a little intimidating but you get used to it. It always made my skin a little red and itchy near the jab site!

MrsM00 - I hope the 2ww goes quick and is fruitful! Its all a mood killer isn't We don't like barrier methods after all the years on the pill and its been really tempted to YOLO it as I say and just try like other people but for us that would cause too much stress re: the genetic condition we'd be passing on so I've been a bit reluctant to BD lately.

I hope once we get the BFP it can be like normal again!

Amie - headaches suck. Keep up the fluids and painkillers as needed. Don't suffer!

Well done Furbaby! Rest up and keep us posted with the updates. Ae you growing to day 5?

AFM

Still waiting for biopsy results, Friday will be 4 weeks since biopsy or Sat 5 weeks since EPU so going insane. Was told results would be ready today but now hoping for tomorrow.

I'm CD 28 and feel like AF is impending, hopefully I can time a FET for this coming cycle..

I had a little poke around the baby section of myer etc on my lunch break - I always feel like a fraud but needed something to pick me up from my funk!

#73 PrincessL1

Posted 12 April 2016 - 09:27 PM

First appointment with the nurses at our clinic tomorrow! Any questions you think I should ask / you wish you had asked at yours? I've read the leaflet about 50 times and been googling for weeks but I'm sure I will come back next week and think damn I wish I'd asked that! :)

We will be doing ivf with icsi and likely pgd (not for anything specific, just to improve our chances and add an extra level of screening to which ones we transfer)

Edited by PrincessLaura, 12 April 2016 - 09:29 PM.

#74 Wonderstruck

Posted 12 April 2016 - 09:35 PM

Expect info overload. They'll answer questions after too, my nurses are available by phone and email and are lovely, so don't worry if you get overwhelmed and forget things you wanted to ask:)

Edited by McBubba2016, 12 April 2016 - 09:38 PM.

#75 Shiv7897

Posted 12 April 2016 - 09:39 PM

Princess laura - find out if your clinic has online videos for the administration of meds. I'm with MelbIVF and they do. I was so grateful because it was a few weeks between the appointment and when I started injecting, and it was great to watch a refresher.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.