Fast Birth of Abigail Adeena

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Iliketoflounce

Posted 20 April 2016 - 04:09 PM

Just to begin please understand that I am going off what I can remember and what I have been told.

Birth of Abigail Adeena

Monday 11/4/16
At 1am I woke with what I would call period pain that kept coming and going every 5-10 minutes I fell asleep and woke when my son woke up at 6 I decided to lay down with him a bit longer as he was wanting more sleep. I got up at 6:30 as the pain was feeling close and I had to spew. I then decided to time them and they were anywhere between 2-5 minutes but irregular so I just ignored them and finished packing bags as I had a feeling that I was going to have her that day.

At 9:30 we went to my midwife appointment still getting pains and still spewing up she checked me and Abigail and decided to call Materinty to see what they suggested. Materinty said to come in for a check to see what was happening so hubby and I walked from the clinic to the ward (opposite ends of the hospital) stoping 3 times as the contractions were a bit painful. Once at Materinty they checked to see if I was dilated at all and I was 4cm (10:40am) and not classed as active but due to my previous fast labour decided to keep me in and the midwife suggested that we take a walk so we did but didn't get very far before turning back.

At 11:20am they put the Ctg on to check Bub she was happy it was also at this time I had a cannula in as I was very dehydrated and needed some fluids. And the gas was turned on for if I wanted it.

About 12pm all of a sudden I bolted up up and said "I have to push" and staring at the midwife I then said "why do I have to push?" Trying not to laugh she said "because you're having a baby" after a couple of attempts to push she asked  if she could check if I was dilated any more just as she went to check I pushed and Abigail stared to crown shocked and seeing the half surprised look the midwife gave I asked if Abigail was crowning and she nodded. Still in disbelief I fought the urge to push but my body pushed for me. After another decent push the midwife decided that she needed to break the waters as soon as she did Abigail flew out. She was placed on my chest where in disbelief that I just a baby I turned to hubby and said "she is so tiny" hubby cut the cord and just sat watching his daughter and taking photos for family.

She was born at 12:40pm after an 1hour 40minute drug free labour 2665g and 49cm full head of hair and absolutely adorable.

About 20 minutes later I was in quite a bit of pain the midwife checked my tummy and found my uterus hadn't contracted at all and I was bleeding to much, I handed Abigail to Hubby and he went to sit with her while they checked me over. I blanked out due to sucking the gas while the dr fixed me up but I do remember thrashing my head and arms around and a midwife holding my hand and talking to me. After 15 minutes I had finally been fixed up and was able to hold my daughter again. While the aftermath was horrible I don't think that my labour was traumatic at all I loved giving birth and will do it again but that will be a few years away.

We are home now Isaac is in love with his sister and is very helpful. I am better and have had no other problems Abigail has put a bit of weight on and Hubby is getting in love with his children.

#2 Iliketoflounce

Posted 20 April 2016 - 04:13 PM

She also needed antibiotics due to me having a temp and so was in the Scn

Attached File  image.jpeg   121.73K   165 downloads

#3 Perpetual Sound

Posted 20 April 2016 - 04:17 PM

Yaye!!! I was hoping we'd get to hear your story!!

#4 littleboysmum

Posted 20 April 2016 - 04:29 PM

Welcome to the world Abigail and well done mum!

#5 PhillipaCrawford

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:02 PM

Congratulations.
My 2nd was also a very fast birth and the placenta didn't detach properly which required a manual removal.

Alls well that ends well.

#6 AS2015

Posted 10 August 2016 - 09:38 AM

Congratulations :)

#7 BECZ

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:24 AM

Congrats!  Oohhhh... I always wanted a smaller baby, but my first was 3.4 kg and they increased by about 200g each baby after her, but all happy and healthy and that's all that really matters.

#8 Divine 37

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:46 PM

Congrats, she is beautiful 💕

Edited by Divine 35, 11 August 2016 - 10:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.