Introduce yourself

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
122 replies to this topic

#101 Mummy2017

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:48 PM

Hi everyone I am due Jan 23rd. Looking forward to sharing this journey with you all.

Do we have a due date list yet?

#102 catmeow

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:02 PM

Hi ladies, very excited to be joining you here having our first baby, 5 weeks and 4 days according to LMP (but i think its more likely 5 weeks 1 day). Wasnt expecting a BFP so soon - we were planning on trying next month but got ahead of ourselves and here we are.

We have a dating scan on Friday - its a little earlier than I would like but we off on holidays for a few weeks, so trying to not get my hopes up about hearing a heartbeat. Freaking out about catching Zika virus too - they are expecting it to emerge into the US this summer. I saw my GP a week and a half ago to ensure I was all ready to start TTC and she advised us to definitely not try on our holiday due to the risks - little did we know we were already pregnant - so we have shuffled the trip to remove the high risk places but Im still planning to be extra careful. Now to avoid morning sickness!

Congratulations to you all, wishing you all an uneventful 9 months

Edited by catmeow, 17 May 2016 - 08:16 PM.

#103 Supermummy19

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:26 PM

I haven't had many symptoms either. Just super super tired all the time. Today I had cramping and really bad nausea- I woke up with this same feeling a few nights ago at like 2am. I'm just sitting on my couch watching vampire diaries. Bliss :)

#104 Mummy2017

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:59 PM

Is this our main chat thread?

I haven't had any symptoms really, boobs feel a bit heavier. this is baby #6 for me, I'm so lucky I've never had morning sickness but sometimes get a little bit of afternoon sickness. I don't throw up but feel yuck in the tummy a little bit like a bit hungover lol

#105 Mummy2017

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:00 PM

Due date list, copy and paste add  your own due date

Mummy2017 - 23rd Jan

#106 Cassiedee

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:21 PM

Mummy2017 I'm also having number 6. Not to many of us out there. I have large age gaps ranging from almost 16 to 4.
I have every symptom in the book. Large sore boobs, tired, gassy, morning sickness. It's only on and off right now. But by week 8. I will feel pretty horrible. Which will taper again around 13 weeks. Well that's how all my other pregnancies went πŸ˜ƒ

#107 Tmay0183

Posted 18 May 2016 - 08:08 AM

tmay0183 - 9th Jan

Mummy2017 - 23rd Jan

Read more: http://www.essential...0#ixzz48xBEzVqN
Follow us: @essentialbaby on Twitter | EssentialBabyAU on Facebook

#108 amie484

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:10 AM

tmay0183 - 9th Jan

Mummy2017 - 23rd Jan

amie484 - 20th Jan

#109 AV_Melbourne

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:35 AM

I added a due date list topic which I've seen on other DIG's, hope that's OK. I'll scroll through the posts later today and add in what I can.

AV.

#110 Supermummy19

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:55 AM

tmay0183 - 9th Jan

Mummy2017 - 23rd Jan

amie484 - 20th Jan

Supermummy19 - 24th Jan

Read more: http://www.essential...8#ixzz48xcCSqBb

#111 sezlou84

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:49 AM

View Postcatmeow, on 17 May 2016 - 08:02 PM, said:

Hi ladies, very excited to be joining you here having our first baby, 5 weeks and 4 days according to LMP (but i think its more likely 5 weeks 1 day). Wasnt expecting a BFP so soon - we were planning on trying next month but got ahead of ourselves and here we are.

We have a dating scan on Friday - its a little earlier than I would like but we off on holidays for a few weeks, so trying to not get my hopes up about hearing a heartbeat. Freaking out about catching Zika virus too - they are expecting it to emerge into the US this summer. I saw my GP a week and a half ago to ensure I was all ready to start TTC and she advised us to definitely not try on our holiday due to the risks - little did we know we were already pregnant - so we have shuffled the trip to remove the high risk places but Im still planning to be extra careful. Now to avoid morning sickness!

Congratulations to you all, wishing you all an uneventful 9 months

Catmeow, we've had to re-shuffle holiday plans because of Zika as well. We were meant to be going to Fiji (we had no idea Zika was even in Fiji) but staying domestic now. Travel insurance wouldn't cover anything either - very annoying.

#112 Sair1983

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:14 PM

Hi Ladies and congratulations to you all on this exciting next chapter of your lives.

I'm Sarah from WA and this is my 3rd pregnancy. I'm due 13th January. I have a 3.5 year old DS and late last year miscarried at 6 weeks. So this time around I've been reluctant to join DIG just in case things don't work out. I actually had some brown stringy discharge the last couple of days so I'm a bit worried but still have a sort of positive feeling. My HCG at 5 weeks 3 days was 2020 and a scan showed the gestational sac and also a bleed. I'll do another blood test today and my Dr will scan next Weds when I'm a bit further along (hopefully).

My best wishes to you all along this journey x

#113 doubledee

Posted 18 May 2016 - 02:57 PM

Someone mentioned oranges :) I can't get enoughhhhh!!

Missed a lot but had a quick skim.

Hi all!

DD x

#114 Mum of Callum

Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:17 PM

I just had my first appointment with my GP, which makes things feel a bit more real! I am doing shared care with her, she is so lovely!

Edited by Mum of Callum, 18 May 2016 - 03:18 PM.

#115 MitchNme

Posted 18 May 2016 - 04:07 PM

I had my first scan today and got to see little blob! Everything looked great and the little heart was beating away. Was measuring one day ahead. During the scan he asked if I had my phone with me and told me I could record the whole scan if I wanted to so its cool being able to watch it back.

He talked about what happens next and the different types of tests. I had to have a range of antenatal blood tests too. My FS is so lovely, its a shame I don't get to continue with him.

While in the waiting room I saw leaflets for the pregnancy and baby expo coming up on the 17-19 June so great timing for those in Brisbane.

I'd post a pic of my scan but I have no idea how to do that.

#116 Mummy2017

Posted 18 May 2016 - 04:11 PM

How exciting, heart bearts and scans.

I haven't even been to the Dr to confirm my BFP by bloods yet.
Still early days for me, only 4+2 today.

#117 Mummy2017

Posted 18 May 2016 - 04:12 PM

View PostCassiedee, on 17 May 2016 - 10:21 PM, said:

Mummy2017 I'm also having number 6. Not to many of us out there. I have large age gaps ranging from almost 16 to 4.
I have every symptom in the book. Large sore boobs, tired, gassy, morning sickness. It's only on and off right now. But by week 8. I will feel pretty horrible. Which will taper again around 13 weeks. Well that's how all my other pregnancies went ν ½νΈƒ

My oldest is 14 yrs old my youngest is 6 years old.

#118 doubledee

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:09 PM

I haven't been to the dr yet either πŸ™ˆ
I should probably book that in sometime soon.  8 weeks this weekend!

Trying to add my EDD to the list but a little in educated πŸ˜…

#119 doubledee

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:11 PM

Due date list, copy and paste add your own due date

tmay0183 - 9th Jan

Mummy2017 - 23rd Jan

amie484 - 20th Jan

DoubleDee - 1st Jan

#120 Mummy2017

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:28 PM

Do we have a facebook group ?

#121 Mabel123

Posted 18 May 2016 - 07:47 PM

Due date list, copy and paste add your own due date

Mabel123 - 12th Jan

tmay0183 - 9th Jan

Mummy2017 - 23rd Jan

amie484 - 20th Jan

DoubleDee - 1st Jan

Read more: http://www.essential...0#ixzz49016RXTm

#122 Caseymay

Posted 18 May 2016 - 07:47 PM

View PostMum of Callum, on 15 May 2016 - 08:09 PM, said:

Hi Caseymay, I have the same age children as you do. We also went back and forth deciding on trying for a third so we left it up to fate...apparently it was meant to be! Have you told your children about the new baby yet? I am so excited but want to wait until a bit further along.

I haven't told my children yet because my oldest DD goes to the school that I work at and I know the first thing that she would do is announce it to the world! So we will be waiting until 12 weeks I think. I think it will be a nice age gap. Easier than 2 years? Maybe I'm dreaming!!

#123 ~A2~

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:26 PM

Thread closed

New thread here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.