Introduce yourself

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
122 replies to this topic

#26 Darcy41

Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:50 PM

I think the progesterone pessaries cause those symptoms (they are used for support in the 2ww for some ladies having assisted conception Leigh).  But that also means that high rates of progesterone cause the same feelings.

I am not so sure about bloating, but I guess I am quite gassy and that is due to bloating right?  I still have quite a bit of cramping and it seems to be in all places
I get it in my sides - then i think oh no its an ectopic - but pain is way higher than where my tubes, I get general tummy pains and lower back pains and cramps in and around where I expect them which I think is the uterus growing.

I am going to ask the doc about when I go in today.
I stopped the progesterone pessaries on Saturday (and Leigh you're lucky you don't know what they are, they are gross ewww)

#27 Leigh1899

Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:01 PM

Oh ok yeah no it wasn't assisted conception. Yeah I feel like pulling cramps all over not in any sport in particular sometimes it even feels like vaginal cramps the body is so weird!

#28 Tmay0183

Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:46 PM

AV - awesome beta results.  mine at 11dp5dt was only 456...today at 5 weeks its 3460 so heading in the right direction.  thankfully for both IVF pregnancies I've never needed pessaries.... ew so gross!

Leigh1899 - i am massively bloated and if i get up too fast i get so dizzy i can't see for a few seconds...

Darcy - not a great reception when you spoke to the midwife.... hopefully when you see them in person they are nicer.  I found the midwifery led care the best.  and knowing that theatres, NICU and delivery suite were on the same floor as the birth centre (and the fact that every room in the birth centre had resus equipment for if sh*t goes wrong) really helped me relax....

*disclaimer- as an emergency nurse with many friends who are midwifes, i know sh*t goes wrong and have seen bad bad things.... so i dont really live in fairy land of "nothing will happen to me or my baby"  and Im sorry if that offends people.  For that same reason, I'm not a "Birth Plan" fan either.  i think they actually cause women more mental harm than anything.  but personal opinion said, go for gold if that is your thing.  same with home births and doulas... each to their own.

i was worried with lack of symptoms that my beta wasn't doing what it should, but I'm assured now after todays bloods that its all fine.... guess every pregnancy is different, but i dont even have sore boobs or anything.....
looking forward to my scan in two mondays time.  can't come quick enough... even though we only transferred one embryo, i had a dream i had twins... which would be awesome!

#29 SarahBelle48

Posted 10 May 2016 - 11:59 AM

Hi all,

I've held off from coming in too soon as I had a miscarriage 4 months ago but I got my blood tests back and my HCG levels were around 10,000 at 5 weeks which was last Friday. I am also having a lot more symptoms this time so I'm seeing that as a good sign. Morning sickness has started to kick in now but its just nausea so far. I got a referral for a scan from the doctor yesterday so I'll probably go in 2 weeks time when I'm 7.5 weeks along. We are travelling interstate just before that so it'll be too early to go before the trip.

I do have a 2 year old daughter already and I love my last DIG. I am due around 6-7 January for this one.

#30 jb_85

Posted 10 May 2016 - 01:38 PM

Welcome and congrats to all the newbies with your bfp.
Re symptoms I have also had some bloating generally after meals and my bobs and nipples are crazy sore, have already gone up a cup size I had to go  out and buy a bra to wear to bed at night to make it comfortable.
Did everybody else on here have 2 hcg blood tests. My gp only did one and that was it, my ob appointment isn't for another two weeks. I assume if the levels weren't rising then I would be symptom free

#31 Leigh1899

Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:39 PM

Yeah i am only have one blood test. Had it today.

#32 AV_Melbourne

Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:44 PM

I have a 2nd blood test booked for next Monday, and a scan on 27th May. I think as it's IVF they add a few extra layers of testing. My other two bubs, who were not IVF, I only ever had 1 blood test (to confirm) and a scan at 12 & 20 weeks.

#33 Darcy41

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:34 PM

Hi
We did ivf and my fs only did one blood test I think it depends on your history in relation to early losses or maybe also risk factors.

I was/am still very anxious so went to my gp and asked if I could get another one done so I had bloods again today and can ring for results tomorrow.

We have a viability scan on 30th May I'm not sure if this is the same thing as a dating scan is it?

#34 AV_Melbourne

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:56 PM

Hey Darcy41! Yeh I have a viability scan on 27th, which my OB said we will get a date from... I think they might be one in the same?

I hope you've had a better day today.

Tmay. Thanks for the upfront disclaimer, and it's nice to have a nurse as part of our DIG! #keepingitreal.

AV

Edited by AV_Melbourne, 10 May 2016 - 07:59 PM.

#35 MitchNme

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:04 PM

Ooh we're getting lots of people now! I had two blood tests as well to make sure my levels were rising. I have my viability scan next Wednesday. I'm still on progesterone pessaries and need to take them up until 8 weeks I think.
I haven't really had any symptoms apart from cramping and the odd feeling of nausea.
Has anyone thought about booking into a hospital yet? There are two in my catchment and I want to have a look at both but I want to wait till my viability scan before I ring them for a tour.

#36 jb_85

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:51 AM

Thanks for confirming ladies, we have a dating scan in 2 weeks so I guess that will confirm everything. MitchNme I have done tours of the two hospitals that my OB delivers at as I need to let them know after my first appointment where I want to book. I'm in Melbourne and tossing up between freemasons and st vincents. They are much the same however the midwife that did the tour of st vincents was a bit more nicer. My ob's rooms are at freemasons through so it might just be easier to book in there

#37 MitchNme

Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:13 AM

Yeah definitely easier if your obs rooms are there. Means he can be there quick in an emergency. And check on you between patients which mine did last time.
I went private last time when I lived in Melbourne but have to go public now in Brisbane.

#38 Leigh1899

Posted 11 May 2016 - 11:12 AM

Anyone else thinking of opting for csection?

#39 MitchNme

Posted 11 May 2016 - 12:02 PM

I had an emergency CS last time do not sure what to do this time.

Edited by MitchNme, 11 May 2016 - 12:03 PM.

#40 Mabel123

Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:10 PM

Hello other future January mummies :)

I found out on Monday... total (happy!) surprise.  I think I am due around Jan 12th, and I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow.  My partner is over the moon and so excited and I'm still trying to get my head around it (I'm very happy but was not expecting I would get pregnant).  I had blood tests earlier today.

Is anyone else waking up at 0530?  My body switches on and is all geared up and "busy".  I have always been a night owl, but now my eyes won't stay open past 8pm!

#41 Leigh1899

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:10 PM

Yes Mabel sounds exactly like me. Asleep by 730 - 8 wide away at 530 lol

#42 AV_Melbourne

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:44 PM

Yep... so tired all afternoon, and awake at 3am! Driving me crazy! I didn't think symptoms like this would hit so soon!!

Welcome & congrats Mabel123!

#43 jb_85

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:19 PM

With the ladies who have already been there and done this before when did you start to show with your first, any pants that sit on my belly right now are so uncomfortable I either have to fold them down really low or try and pull them right up.. I'm only 6 weeks and don't want to start buying maternity pants already

#44 MitchNme

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:26 PM

I have a newborn in my care at the moment so I'm awake all hours of the night anyway! I can't even tell the difference between tiredness from the pregnancy and tiredness from been up half the night with the baby. Combined, I'm exhausted!

From memory, I think I started showing around the 12 week mark. I can't remember when I started wearing maternity pants.

#45 AV_Melbourne

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:53 PM

Are you a foster mum MitchNme? You must be exhausted, you poor thing.

First time round i was in mat clothes (pants) by about 12 weeks, second time more like 10.... Tops I got away with my normal ones until about 20 weeks. Everyone is different though, so what ever is comfortable for you! x

#46 MitchNme

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:34 PM

Yes I am AV Melbourne. 8 weeks now of very little sleep is exhausting. I've been up since 3.30am this morning with her. Hopefully I start getting some sleep soon or this is going to be a very tiring pregnancy!

#47 Mej_syd

Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:58 PM

Hi!

Just found out im due Jan 13th. I have a 5 month old girl and yes.... We are crazy enough to have actually planned this pregnancy so close. I had a induction (due to reduced movements) and a c-section (because I wouldnt progress past 7-8cms) with my first.... Really hoping for a VBAC. Doctor said today that it is totally possible even though they're only 13 months apart.

I've read COUNTLESS forum threads but this is my first time posting.... Can't wait to hear about everyone's journey along the way.

I'm in Western Syd and will be booked into Nepean which is where I had my daughter.

#48 Cassiedee

Posted 11 May 2016 - 11:15 PM

Hi, I'm excited to be in this group. I'm a little older than most in here at 36. Hubby is 40. We already have 5 children and have been married 17 years. If this pregnancy decides to stick around we will have a five year age gap between the youngest 2 children. I am from Northern NSW and I am due 11/1/2017 :-)

#49 Tmay0183

Posted 12 May 2016 - 07:35 AM

JB 85 i didnt have a belly until 24 weeks. i am 175 cm tall and not fat but not super skinny... i think everyone just carries different.
Mitchnm - awesome that you a re a foster carer.  such a massive job.  i have friends who fostered a young girl for a few years.  they are the youngest foster carers in SA at the time.

welcome all the newbies.  Cassiedee, not that much older hon... I'm 33! age is relative i say! :p

i am looking forward to my viability scan monday week.. then ill have the 12 weeks/20 week scan.  last time i got a scan at 36 cos of low lying placenta....always wonder what will happened this time.
i am SO FREAKING TIRED.  i was never this tired with my first baby.  and i am a shift worker... but this time round, my main symptom is tiredness.  that is either pregnancy related or the fact that my baby (5 months old) has decided that 0445 is wake up time and that naps longer than 20 mins are for the weak.  my husband is away until july so its just me and tha baby..... makes for loooooong days... and this prego mumma in bed by 730/8pm! Lucky once he is asleep, he dosnt stir till early morning.
last night though, SHOCKING sleep.  felt like i was awake all friggen night. and that was after i went for a 9km walk around the lake with the baby!  sigh #mumlife

hope everyone has a wonderful start to the weekend.

#50 MitchNme

Posted 12 May 2016 - 09:23 AM

Welcome Mej-syd and Cassiedee!

Cassiedee I'm 40yo so probably take the title for the oldest I'm here! Been 8yrs since my last pregnancy so hopefully my body handles it ok.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.