Introduce yourself

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
122 replies to this topic

#51 Darcy41

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:39 AM

Welcome mej-syd and cassiedee

Mitchnme have to say hats off to you being a foster carer, you are awesome :)

Jb_85 I did a calculator on some website it said for my edd 14 Jan I would need to think about maternity clothes late July.

I've lost over 25kg about a year ago and I have a maintained it but I still have some larger clothes I didn't donate the larger bras are already being used and I bought two soft cup wireless ones to wear sleeping since the boobs are really achy.

I think I'll take the oldest mum2be title but I'm also the biggest newbie since its baby number 1...

I'm babysitting a nearly 1year old today he is lovely and making me super clucky with his cuteness  

I got results from second bloods yesterday was 163 on Sat and 708 on Tuesday which is perfectly normal so that makes me feel slightly less like a worrywort

I also have 2 digital tests I haven't used so I think I'm going to take one this weekend and then next weekend then I have another week to our scan might keep me from going totally crazy

I'm a pro at sleeping and power naps have had the pregnancy insomnia thing the last few days too extremely tired but lying there for hours  eyes open mind racing...

Edited by Darcy41, 12 May 2016 - 11:42 AM.

#52 nsmph

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:42 AM

Hi All!
Im from regional Vic (West Gippsland)!
I am 5 weeks along with my 2nd, however I have a 7yo dd (almost 8!) so im like a new mum all over again!
Im due 11th Jan! So im pretty excited as we have been trying for 6 months. My other half and I are very excited.
Question to you all, how far along will you tell your older children? Im so keen to tell my dd, however she will then tell everyone she meets so a bit worried.
Also, have a few choice words about my GP who is putting me in a "high risk" category because of my BMI, even though my bloods are perfect. Her comment was "i was very surprised as your a big girl..." So i have to do a glucose test now and at 28 weeks.
Any suggestions with how to deal with this? I feel like im being put in a box because my BMI is over 30. Even though im perfectly healthy and active (horses, walking,netball).
Morning sickness is not great, nausea all day. Boobs are on fire and sleep is not good.
Cant wait to get to know some of you ladies on this journey!
:)

#53 MitchNme

Posted 12 May 2016 - 08:39 PM

Darcy I'm planning on doing another test this weekend too lol
Nsmph I have an 8yo son and I think I'll wait till as long as possible to tell him because I don't want him blabbing and also if I lost it he'd be devastated. He's very attached to our little foster baby so I know he'll make a great big brother. I think I'll wait a while before telling people because as a single parent using donor sperm, I know there will be judgement out there.
I'm from west gippsland too. I moved to Brisbane last year though. I miss it down there, it's so pretty

#54 AV_Melbourne

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:53 PM

MitchNme, you are an amazing human! Kudos to you for the fostering. And as for the judgement - haters gonna hate! Just be strong in your own self knowing you are totes amazeballs!

nsmph, our two DD found out a few nights ago. Turns out the 9 year old is very good at reading my text messages... hmm! So we had to give them a big talking too about why we don't say anything - and that it takes a strong baby to make it past 12 weeks, so we can't say anything until the Dr tells us everything is OK. They seem to have taken it on board, so hopefully it's secret squirrels for a few more weeks.
Welcome Cassiedee, I’m a fellow 36-er! And 5 kids  + a jelly bean! What a fun filled house you must have! My aunt has 5 kids, I have to say – it’s an instant party! I love hanging around their family.

Mej-Syd, welcome!!

Ok - going to try and get some sleep.

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!! It's my second favorite F word.

#55 WaityCaity

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:13 PM

Welcome to all the new members! My first post was a little while ago, so by way of reintroduction, I'm 31, this is my first, 6 weeks today and due on 6/1.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Edited by WaityCaity, 13 May 2016 - 07:51 AM.

#56 Mej_syd

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:37 PM

Tmay... You're a champion, can't imagine doing it all on your own. I'm also a shift worker 12-14hrs shifts often without breaks but I'm on Mat leave until Nov... Which was my motivation for a second Bub so quickly - so I could be preggers while on Leave rather than at work. I worked till 36 weeks with my first Bub and it was so hard.

I got my blood tests results back today and the dr said my levels were only ?27... Which I'm assuming is low. Hopefully that because it's still super early. I'll be getting more bloods done in 2 weeks. No symptoms as of yet!

Mitchnme - that's awesome that you're a foster parent. I've always wanted to do that but my fiancé (sounds strange saying that because we only got engaged last weekend💍) isn't keen on it.

And jb 85.... I didn't show until about 26 weeks with my first. I was a bit fat though... Also didn't feel any kicks till 24 weeks and partner didn't feel them till 30!! I'm even fatter now with this pregnancy :/ but I plan on not telling anyone for as long as I can about it so it might work to keep it hidden a bit longer 😂😂😂

Edited by Mej_syd, 12 May 2016 - 11:45 PM.

#57 Darcy41

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:03 AM

WaityCaity I think maybe the difference is the amount of time on your teeth wouldn't you leave the pen on but with brushing it's all swished away pretty quick right?

AV you crack me up!

We share a house with my brother his wife and my 2nieces, the youngest is a bossy threenager who loves to help me put my pills in a pill organiser and wants to know all about what each one is for. I have told her that some are for keeping my belly healthy in case I get a baby in it and she is constantly asking me if there is a baby in my belly yet

3 do you have a baby in your belly yet?
Me no do you ?
3 no... don't be silly babies in bellies are not for children only grown ups
Me oh why ?
3 because you need to get a really big fat belly and children aren't fat

Oh and once during trying she advised you don't need a baby you should just get another cat 😂😂 cheeky monkey

If she could read she would know very cluey

Mej there is a very wide range of early hcg levels that are normal lots of sites have tables and charts of what others readings are at certain points

Npmh hope your nausea is settling I get a lot of non pregnancy related nausea and am even allergic to some anti nausea meds so hoping I don't get it too bad but have bought ginger tea (I do not like ginger eeurgh) and am also going to try those pressure point bracelets you get at the chemist to see if they help

Hope everyone is going okay
Happy Friday

#58 shellntez@hotmail.

Posted 13 May 2016 - 09:08 AM

Hello, pregnant here with our 3rd Bub, due 3rd Jan, I'm super keen to join another DIG, I've made awesome friends within my other 2 DIGs

#59 Mabel123

Posted 13 May 2016 - 10:58 AM

Hello January Mummies :)

I'm feeling so puffed out.  I felt good yesterday morning and did a whole bunch of stuff... and was then so exhausted I had to go back to bed at 1500!  I slept soundly until my partner came home at 1730, and was back in bed by 2300.  I was 5 weeks yesterday, so my partner and I went out to celebrate last night with cake and tea :)  My partner told his boss yesterday that I am pregnant and he was so happy and enthusiastic about the news :)

I am halfway through moving from Melbourne to North East Vic.  We will have to return this weekend to try to finish up the move.  

How's everyone else going today?

#60 MitchNme

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:14 PM

Welcome shellntez 😊

Mel-syd are you having another blood test to check your levels are rising? I don't it's so much the number that's important, but whether they are doubling every 48hrs. Fingers crossed they are 😊

Yay it's the weekend!

#61 Tesla

Posted 13 May 2016 - 06:45 PM

Hi everyone! Exciting to see so many of us in here. I'm nearly 6 weeks along, due around January 10. I had a miscarriage last year and a chemical pregnancy two cycles ago but I've got a really good feeling that this is going to be the one that sticks. Fingers crossed. I have a dating scan in a couple of weeks and time is going insanely slowly leading up to it.

My only symptoms so far have been insanely sore boobs and feeling very bloated and gassy. Good times.

We're going to tell my parents next week as they're visiting us from interstate. Anyone else let the news slip yet? I'm not planning on being out at work until well after the 12 week mark.

#62 Mej_syd

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:29 PM

MitchNMe, I'm getting my routine antenatal bloods done and doc said he would check hcg again too. I've only been off mini pill for about 7weeks and my cycle was all over the shop so I have NO IDEA when I conceived

#63 Mum of Callum

Posted 13 May 2016 - 10:43 PM

I had c-sections with both of my older children, first one planned as he was breech and second one I tried for a VBAC but ended up having an emergency C-section. I assume I will just be booked in for a 3rd one this time!
I started showing at about 14 weeks with my first two but was quite thin so it was more noticeable. I'm a bit heavier (and older!) now so it may be different.
I am so excited to tell my children that a baby is on its way but want to wait until closer to 12 weeks just to be safe. Not sure if I'll be able to hide it that long though!
I am still totally confused by the whole process of organising hospitals etc so please don't stress if this is your first time. Your doctor will tell you what you need to know. I had private cover for my first two pregnancies but ended up having both at public hospitals for a variety of reasons. I couldn't fault Flinders public in SA.
Feeling nauseous most of the day but haven't ever vommited due to morning sickness.

#64 Mej_syd

Posted 14 May 2016 - 09:05 AM

Mum of Callum, if you don't mind, can I ask what happened with your VBAC and why it went to an emergency c-section?

#65 MitchNme

Posted 14 May 2016 - 10:18 AM

Welcome Tesla!

Mumofcallum that's what I'm worried about, having to have another emergency CS after trying for a VBAC. I don't want another CS but would prefer a scheduled CS over an emergency CS. So I'll have to think long and hard about what to do.

6 weeks today 😊

#66 AV_Melbourne

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:16 AM

Helllllo ladies and HAPPY FREAKIN’ SATURDAY.

Mej_Syd – HcG numbers vary so much person to person (seriously… one person can be at 10, the other at 10,000 and both pregnancies are fine: http://www.betabase....ic/single/30/40) , as MitchNme said as long as they are doubling, you’ll be fine. Good luck!!

Darcy 41 – I laughed at Threenager! Never heard that before!

Welcome Shellntez!

Mabel123 good luck with the move! Don’t over do it… be kind to yourself!

Tesla – fingers crossed this one sticks for you! I’m so sorry about your MC. I hope you’re OK . Hmm… my entire family knows, lol. As we have been on IVF it’s been a bit of a journey.. to be honest, no matter the outcome – I would rather the support. Only down side is it makes the pregnancy very long for everyone involved!

I had a question. As it’s been 8 years since my last pregnancy – everything has changed! i.e, no more Amniocentesis? They can tell everything from a blood test? Is that right? I was also told not to exercise much during my last pregnancies. I am an avid runner. It keeps me sane, it clears my head and it makes me a better mum, because running makes me happy! I would normally run 30km over a week on 5 different days. Was in training for a half marathon just 4 weeks ago! I read a few sites with conflicting information… run, don’t run, run ½ speed…. Only every second day.. exercise every day.. don’t get too hot or you’ll damage your baby, do as much as you like within reason. Good lordy it’s confusing! Not seeing OB for another 2 weeks, but I admit I have run a couple of times. Just 5km very, very slowly, keeping my heart beat under 150, I could easily hold a conversation while running. Given I was fit before hard, I don’t think there’s an issue. Anyone else keeping up with their exercise regime, or are you sitting tight until 12weeks?

#67 Darcy41

Posted 14 May 2016 - 12:30 PM

Hi New January Mummies Shellnetz, Mabel123 and Tesla

Mabel123 hope you are feeling okay with the move, moving is so stressful even if its up the road...

Tesla sorry to hear about your mc and early loss, fx your gut instinct is correct and this little bean is super sticky

MumofCallum, I will be at Flinders public now this time.  I did get a chance to speak to my sister in law who told me to pay no attention to the women on the phone that the midwives themselves are lovely that the admin staff can be a bit over their jobs as they deal with so much on a daily basis and not just pregnancies, so I feel a little less taken aback about the process now.  I'm booked into hospital the 4th July that seems phenomenally far away

Good luck to all the ladies who would like to pursue VBAC and hope your births going the way you would prefer and the safest best options for you and bubby.

Av
I think if you have been a runner it's okay to stay running, I know runners get told to exercise less when ttc, but I think once you have conceived and implantation has occurred I think you are only not supposed to not go totally  crazy as in upping your kms or speed or running frequency.
Starting to run early in pregnancy is a no no, but I'm not sure someone who isn't a runner would have the energy to climb up that fitness curve anyway...
but I don't know for sure

I guess the other option is to find a lower impact cardio exercise that you might enjoy as much as your running?

Oh... with the nucheal test at 10 weeks, that test is an out of pocket cost not covered by medicare, but it does not give an explicit diagnoses, it gives an indication of risk, I think the idea is that if you do it and the test comes back that you are low risk you don't do the amnio or cvs but if it comes back as high risk you can then think about the amnio and cvs to give a clearer answer bearing in mind that those ones are invasive.  That is the way the doc discussed it with me she also said to look at sonic genetics website for more details

Happy Weekend Hope all the little embies are gluing themselves happily into all our uteruses and growing really well!

#68 Mum of Callum

Posted 14 May 2016 - 05:05 PM

Mej_syd, I had 24 hours of contractions (pre labour), got to hospital and had another five hours of contractions and I still only got to 2cm! I was exhausted! I didn't feel like I was getting anywhere and I don't think the midwives did either so too the c-section option. The worst part of that was trying to get the anaesthetic in, in between contractions 😬

#69 nsmph

Posted 14 May 2016 - 09:50 PM

MItchNMe thats awesome your from down here! It is turning nice and green at the moment.
I know as soon as I tell DD7, she will not be able to help herself but tell people, no matter what conversation we have. I think ill do the TV ultrasound at 8 weeks and decide then.

AVMelbourne, im 8 years since last pregnancy too, so feel all new again!

Cant wait to get to know all you ladies! :)

#70 amie484

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:03 AM

Hi all, nice to find some familiar faces in here, hi Darcy and Tmay!
Tiny little about me coz we don't have all day. 1st pregnancy after 2 yrs of trying and 2nd round of ICSI (IVF). Still super early days, not due til 20th Jan (4w2d) but am super conflicted about what to start organising and when ie doc appointments. My fertility clinic only does repeat beta testing if hcg is under 100 and since mine was 110 I don't see them again until ultrasound time on the 31st. Do I get more tests at the GP? Do I book in with hospital clinic? Do I go public or private? Midwife or GP shared care? Am I considered high risk and will have to see an OB anyway? As I said, conflicted!

#71 amie484

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:12 AM

Oh and Tmay, I love your no none sense, no BS approach. My mum (who is my closest and best friend in the whole world) is an RN an midwife (retired) and quite old school in a lot of ways, having not delivered a baby in almost 30yrs. But I too don't have the rose coloured glasses and know how horribly wrong things can go, with little to no warning. I like how you mentioned about not being a birth plan fan. Friends of mine mentioned it years ago when they had their babies but I was single and couldn't care less lol but it sounded a little silly to me, just from having heard mum's stories. Now having read about them a little more (coz I actually care now lol) they still seem silly to me. Sure you can have an idea of how you'd like things to go but we are talking about 2 human bodies here both going through something incredible and major, there's really no way to plan or be prepared for every possible outcome and I think having a plan and wanting and trying to stick to it would definitely stress mum and hence Bub out. I see ppl so passionate about drugs/no drugs, epi/no epi, c-sec/vag and I just think I would want to do whatever was the best option in the situation. I have a decent pain threshold for a lot of things but for others I'm a total sook so I have no idea if I will want/need pain meds. Or an epidural. Although the idea of a massive needle into my spine does freak me out a bit. But if it's best for me and Bub, do it. Same as c-sec. Although I would definitely rather they make the call on that one BEFORE it becomes and emergency situation. The idea of sitting around waiting to go into labour stresses me out coz I'm and ocd planner and preparer for things like that but I couldn't see myself just booking in for an elective c-sec just to avoid it. Again, this is all just personal thoughts, opinions and preferences.

#72 Caseymay

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:24 AM

Hi all,

This is my third bub and will be a 5 year gap between my youngest and this one. I have two daughters aged 6 & 4. We ummed and ahhed about a third for a while obviously but eventually decided to go for it. So I am excited and a bit nervous at the same time!

Amie can your fertility clinic give you an idea of the next step? Otherwise I would definitely be looking to book in to a hospital ASAP as some of the Private Obs and midwifery program's book out super fast. As for public vs private, that is entirely up to you! Where abouts are you? Some members on here may be able to give you feed back about good hospitals in your area.

As for birth plans, I never wrote anything down but I did make sure that I spoke to my husband about my preferences so that he knew and could speak for me when things got tough! As it was he was able to tell the Special care nurses that I wanted to breastfeed when my first had to have a short stay there. We also discussed contingency plans in case things went wrong.

Edited by Caseymay, 15 May 2016 - 08:25 AM.

#73 Cassiedee

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:24 AM

My husband knows my preferences also. I have never had a plan as such. For me I don't do epidurals. Just because I had one with my first child. It made his birth a lot more complicated then it needed to be. That's just my experience. My other births were all fairly straightforward. Even my last child who was 11 pound. We told the children as soon as we found we were pregnant. They are all excited. Miss 4 is the only one that can't keep a secret. She told her pre school teacher. I just explained it is a bit early and we're not telling anyone yet. I'm planning on doing the midwives clinic at the local hospital. So wasn't planning to go to the doctor until 9 weeks to organise bloods and nuchal fold test. From my memory most hospitals don't book you for your first appointment until 16-20 weeks?

#74 WaityCaity

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:45 AM

Thanks Darcy41. I updated my post after a good night's sleep and feeling more calm about the whole thing. You're probably right about the swishing.

I have to say I am feeling quite overwhelmed by all the things you're meant to avoid etc. Hopefully it gets easier as you go along!

I'm planning to go through a midwife program at a public hospital. You can't have c sections or epis there, but if you need to/choose to you can be transferred to the usual part of the public hospital.

Picking up a copy of 'what you expect when you're expecting' today, it's all starting to become very real!

We're going away with my in laws weekend and we plan to tell them then (7 weeks). I'll tell my parents and best friend then too, but think that'll be all until 12 weeks (although I think many of my friends already strongly suspect!).

#75 Mum of Callum

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:09 PM

Hi Caseymay, I have the same age children as you do. We also went back and forth deciding on trying for a third so we left it up to fate...apparently it was meant to be! Have you told your children about the new baby yet? I am so excited but want to wait until a bit further along.

Edited by Mum of Callum, 16 May 2016 - 06:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.