Deleted post

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

#51 boyohboyohboy

Posted 08 May 2016 - 12:24 AM

View PostAurora_Jane, on 07 May 2016 - 05:29 PM, said:

Ladies you're all right in what you're saying and thank you, I'm just worried about it being awkward now. Of course I'll be friendly and polite but I'm afraid I don't really want to associate with her outside of school. Hopefully DD4 won't ask!

She is probably feeling the same.

I don't mean to upset you OP but I feel you were a little harsh on her.  

To me, your post sounded like she was just trying to be friendly. Her whinge about extra curricular activities sounded as though she was talking about herself not being able to cope with them, not judging you.

I think you may just find she gives you a pretty wide berth for now on.

#52 nup

Posted 08 May 2016 - 12:24 AM

You know what I'm starting to think? Women are fried. We're all kinds of crazy from overload. There's so much responsibility that holding it together can often feel like we're using clag to plug a leaky boat. Sensible conversation is difficult because the speaker's brain is rarely connected properly to the mouth thanks to fatigue and listening is made difficult by the brain focusing the lists of endless responsibility. Enter someone who pulls faces during conversation and it's time for a meltdown due to multi layered subtext which can be too hard to interpret.

#53 Aurora_Jane

Posted 08 May 2016 - 12:25 AM

deleted

Edited by Aurora_Jane, 08 May 2016 - 01:16 AM.

#54 Aurora_Jane

Posted 08 May 2016 - 12:29 AM

deleted

#55 Aurora_Jane

Posted 08 May 2016 - 12:31 AM

deleted

#56 Imaginary friend

Posted 08 May 2016 - 12:31 AM

View PostAurora_Jane, on 07 May 2016 - 11:55 PM, said:

If you actually asked me why I have to keep defending my child then I would tell you that I've been asked before by this woman and others, why is your DD so happy? Why is your DD so confident? Why does your DD do this and that? FFS get a life.

Putting 'FFS get a life' when you do not like what somebody else has said isn't very mature.

You say you have let 'these women into your life/ your house and then they get judgey and crazy'
These women, plural ?

If one other person acts crazy , that happens.

But if it is many people I think you have to consider whether it really is or whether your perception is distorted - are you taking differences of opinion defensively, seeing differences of opinion as attacking, over reacting to differences of opinion?

It seems to me that you are - as per the way you responded to PP whose post you didn't like and sent a text to the other mum after the conversation was over.

#57 Aurora_Jane

Posted 08 May 2016 - 12:35 AM

deleted

#58 Imaginary friend

Posted 08 May 2016 - 12:36 AM

I don't understand what was odd about the car comment though - yes I sometimes notice people driving and say, as small talk, I saw you driving home from Woolies the other day, or something equally mundane.

#59 Aurora_Jane

Posted 08 May 2016 - 12:38 AM

deleted

Edited by Aurora_Jane, 08 May 2016 - 01:17 AM.

#60 boyohboyohboy

Posted 08 May 2016 - 12:41 AM

View PostAurora_Jane, on 08 May 2016 - 12:31 AM, said:

If you'd heard the way she said it though…very loud and opinionated.

Also the car comment was weird. Who says stuff like that?

Haha yep!

I don't understand why the car comment sounded weird to you?

I say stuff like that and others say it to me too, sometimes I even wave!

#61 Aurora_Jane

Posted 08 May 2016 - 12:43 AM

deleted

Edited by Aurora_Jane, 08 May 2016 - 01:17 AM.

#62 Imaginary friend

Posted 08 May 2016 - 01:00 AM

I don't think anybody cares if they see somebody on the road, they just make small talk conversation as I said before.
It has no meaning or agenda, it's just a friendly observation.

#63 boyohboyohboy

Posted 08 May 2016 - 01:04 AM

View PostAurora_Jane, on 08 May 2016 - 12:43 AM, said:

She said I was in a daze and looked like it was 5.30pm in the afternoon. I think that's pretty weird but then again I don't say stuff to people like that, even if I thought it (not that I would even think it) because who cares if you see someone on the road?

Sorry, I read your original post as 'she saw you gazing out the window'.

If someone told me I was in a daze, I would have to agree with them. I've been like that for 18 years! :D

Night OP

#64 MooGuru

Posted 08 May 2016 - 01:07 AM

I think the car thing is quite common. I say it and have others say it to me. The daze thing might just mean she saw you and waved but you didn't notice her. That's how I'd describe myself if someone said they saw me and waved so saying it about someone else doesn't seem improbable.

#65 Hands Up

Posted 08 May 2016 - 06:57 AM

I also think she'll be giving you a wide berth from now on.

#66 JustBeige

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:21 AM

Locked as OP deleted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.