Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:14 PM

Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 TruffleFlakes

Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:44 PM

It's very quiet on the boards and I hope you are all traveling well.

I just had my blood test for my NT scan today as we are not doing the harmony one due to it not being very accurate for twins.

Ill be having my scan next week as I am 12 weeks exactly today which has gone both fast and incredibly slow.

I have an irrational fear of late of having something wrong with the babies and I am having some major anxiety (which isn't going to be helping the twins)

Welcome to the new BFP's.

#3 angelbaby81

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:22 PM

My little bean is still hanging in there at 10+1. Booked in for my NT scan today for the 30th.
Starting to get excited and hope that his little one is going to stick around for the duration.
Just 2 more weeks and hopefully the dr will confirm all is good.

#4 Iwish2016

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:51 PM

All going good here, had first ever small sign of nausea yesterday! Lol at 11.5 weeks!! Is that even possible? I actually think it was because I had a florist worth of flowers on my kitchen bench for my birthday...and the oriental lollies were doing my head in! Smell has certainly been a big thing this pregnancy.

Not showing just yet, won't be far away I don't think.

Sorry to hear your stressing FTS - it's not easy is it. I'm not having any scans until 20 week mark...I keep thinking oh dear something will go wrong but at the end of day I guess what will be will be.

So nice to see all the pics popping up of the babies :)

#5 StJerome

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:29 PM

Ugh, feeling blaaaahhh lately. I can't seem to eat after 2 in the afternoon or it will all come up. Which means I starve for a while until my tummy settles enough to eat anything and by then I'm too exhausted to do anything about it. I forgot this bit.

I'm 12 weeks on Sunday and had my bloods for NT yesterday, have the scan next Friday so that is when we go full public. Though a lot of people know already.

Welcome to all the newbies, sorry to those who have left us and I'll see you next time I update :-)

#6 Iwish2016

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:17 PM

So this nausea thing seems to have kicked in.... I can eat but suddenly feel sick around half hour after....like car sick or motion sickness...if I bend over it helps and it eases...but not yet throwing up from it..all very odd! 12 weeks today, no scans coming up here until. 20 weeks...anyone else the same?

#7 helenn82

Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:30 PM

View PostIwish2016, on 22 May 2016 - 10:17 PM, said:

So this nausea thing seems to have kicked in.... I can eat but suddenly feel sick around half hour after....like car sick or motion sickness...if I bend over it helps and it eases...but not yet throwing up from it..all very odd! 12 weeks today, no scans coming up here until. 20 weeks...anyone else the same?

We choose not to have scans until 20 wks also.  Hoping for closer the 18 wk mark though :)  8 wks to go.

#8 Iwish2016

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:14 PM

Ok at least it's not just me!

How is everyone going with the pregnancies?

#9 Lotus85

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:23 PM

Hi everyone,

things are ticking along over here.... I had another bleed + clots on the 20th may... however bub seems to be hanging in there! :)  Is anyone else having any bleeding and is there any suggestions on what i should be doing to reduce the risk?  I have bled 3 times now with only 8 days between the 2nd and 3rd bleed...

cheers

:)

#10 TruffleFlakes

Posted 27 May 2016 - 11:39 AM

Hi Lotus, I would suggest light duties but really not much you can do. I had a single bleed which was scary enough I can't imagine what you must be going through.

My cousin had bleeding right through her pregnancy then a prem baby at 30 weeks but he was healthy still so there is definitely hope.

iWish sorry about the nausea I am also still getting it all the time and yesterday I was curled up on my bathroom floor crying after being sick for the 8th time.

Had my NT scan and my results were very low risk. one baby I got 1 in 8000 chance and 1 in 7000 chance so feeling so much better.

Counting down until I can have my 20 weeks scan now as I really really want to know what the babies are ha ha.

Hope everyone else is going well.

#11 fire-truck

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:42 PM

Hi, I am expecting Baby number 5! Due Dec 5th. Is it too late to join the group? 😊

#12 Lotus85

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:30 PM

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to share my joy..... We had an ultrasound to check how we were going given we had experienced 3 bleeds/clots...... We seen our lil munchkin on the ultrasound.... flipping, kicking, waving arms..... We are officially 11 weeks 3 days today! Our little person is hanging in there.... We heard the heartbeat... oh my goodness is that the best sound in the world or what... :)

I hope everyone else is going fantastically

-Lotus

#13 -Carpe Diem-

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:05 AM

Oops ive been  neglecting this group as have been mostly chatting on.....the other one.....

Quick re intro

I am pregnant with number2. DS is 6, i am a Due Decemeber 8th so today I am 13w1d.

I've had the harmony test and the nt test and came back low risk (1 in 20,000) and thanks to nifty science we know we are having a baby boy .

Morning sickness has eased off heres. HAvent needed MEds for over s week and havent vomited since last Saturday (happy dance). I have gained 3kgs despite barely eating 6 weeks And i am craving fruit. Oranges and passion fruit to be particular. Mmmmmmmmmm oranges .

Followthespiders -I have anxiety and am hanging to feel more regular movement so I know baby is ok.

19 week scan booked for the 14th of July.... So close yet so far

#14 MrsM00

Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:58 PM

hi all

haven't really been active in this group as I keep thinking it's still not real (IVF conception). Due 29 Dec

Anyway, am now 10 weeks 2 days and am starting to feel much more confident.  

Announcing to family and some close friends at 11 weeks, and telling my boss at 12 weeks.

Still have nausea... pretty much all day, some foods/smells set it off worse than others.  Super tired too.

Harmony test booked in for week 13 by the obgyn and will have another scan then too.  Not finding out the gender - want a surprise!!  Will be a lovely Christmas present!

Cravings change but have been craving oranges and kiwi fruit and carbs - give me all the carbs!!! Trying to eat healthy and keep active but finding it very difficult. Hoping that improves once 2nd trimester hits.

Hope everyone else is travelling well.

Is there a secret FB group at all? Or one for Melbourne mums?  I'm a first time mum so would love to connect with others....

#15 Chookster6

Posted 04 June 2016 - 07:40 PM

Hello Mrsmoo, yes there is a Facebook group I'm not sure how to add people though follow the spiders is one to pm

Congratulations !

#16 TruffleFlakes

Posted 05 June 2016 - 02:46 PM

Mrsm00 ive sent you a msg regarding some of the questions you have.

Hope everyone else is well xx

#17 MrsM00

Posted 05 June 2016 - 03:35 PM

thanks ladies!

FollowtheSpiders thanks for the DM... appreciate that!

#18 Wrennie

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:44 AM

I have been slack on here too!

Everything seems to be going well for our little bean too. Genesyte genetic test came back all clear (I cannot tell you what a relief that was). 12 week scan was also fantastic and everything seems to be going well.

Now just over 13 weeks and still haven't told a lot of people! We are going away with friends this long weekend - wine tasting (fun for me!) - so holding off till we tell those guys in person.

Family and a couple of select friends know, but that is it so far.

#19 -Carpe Diem-

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:38 AM

Morning sickness decided to  come back yesterday after no vomits for 10 days.

But I've just had a morning vomit yesterday morning and this morning and now I feel fine. I can totally cope if it's just a morning vomit with no ongoing nausea!

tMi below.
I just drink a glass of water then wait 2 minutes before letting it come back up, much more pleasant that stomach bile.

Feel flutters about once or twice a day, waiting impatiently i for more movement, i remember it still from DS and it's just the most magical part of pregnancy for me,

#20 searbear1977

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:09 AM

FollowTheSpiders hope you are ok? Just saw that you were gone from the other group and was wondering if everything was going ok.

#21 fringe82

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:24 PM

Follow the spiders - we are worried is everything ok? Please let us know xx

#22 Iwish2016

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:46 PM

Hi all, so much going on, I hope everyone is plodding along ok.

I had a dr appt earlier this week, she couldn't hear heartbeat, I'm apparently  14 weeks but those hand held machines can be a bit pesky. Anyway I'm off for a scan tomorrow as by palpating I'm measuring 16-18 weeks..this throws me as that doesn't seem right. Dr said it could be fibroids..I've never had that before with previous pregnancies - has anyone else?

I'm so tired these days, still haven't told anyone but might do so tomorrow after scan depending in how it all goes, for first times I'm nervous. :(

Also had to have another blood test yesterday... And almost feint end agin...why is this happening, lord knows there will be needles during childbirth! Oh goodness I need sleep

#23 -Carpe Diem-

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:26 AM

Iwish good Luck today!

Have you had a dating scan?

Could you possibly be further than you think?

I'm ok today, still had my morning vomit but no major nausea

Went to the gym last night and felt really proud i forced myself to go. Will try again tonight after work.

#24 Iwish2016

Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:39 PM

Hi all, wow it is super quiet in here. :(

What are you all doing? I hope every in ei going along well and starting to enjoy this time. I'm not, I know that sounds horrid but it's the truth. So many things happening, scan the other day was pretty nasty and I got in trouble from the recpetionsit who told me I have a High chance of problems with Down's syndrome as I am old and didn't have the actual test. It was bad, I tried to keep it together and reasoned she is only a receptionist but still... Did anyone else not have the test?

I wish it was all different. Think I'm just having a bad year.

Hope everyone else is well, please do update on how you are going, it's so quiet in here I wonder if I should join another group, bub is supposed to be due first few days in dec, but no scan has given a accurate date apparently. Sigh.

#25 rowd

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:25 AM

Hi Iwish. Sorry to hear about all your worries, and that sounds horrible that they were so harsh at your scan. Some people just have no clue on how to treat others. It's completely up to you whether or not you have the test and there is no reason for anyone to pressure you into it. I have decided to go ahead with the testing but in future pregnancies I may not as it does add an extra level of stress and worry. I will admit that I haven't enjoyed pregnancy so far either but hoping as I get further along that I can start to relax more.

We have a very active Facebook group so if you are interested just PM me and I can get one of the admins to add you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.