Due in Jan 17 Chat Thread #2

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#101 purpleblaze

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:37 PM

Hi all,

First time posting in this group. I'm 9 weeks along with bubs #3 after 1 round of ivf, so still a bit cautious. Due 23 jan.

No symptoms apart from bloating and running to the toilet all the time.

Mrs. y, my 2 are 18 months apart. I just accepted the fact that someone would have to cry for a bit whilst I attended the other. I tried to tend to my older child first as I had to spend heaps of time with bubs.  After about 4 months when bubs was in a bit of a routine it made things a lot easier.

Looking fwd to getting to know you all.

#102 doubledee

Posted 24 June 2016 - 06:21 PM

Hi all.  
Everything is smooth sailing still since the bleed at 8 weeks.
Today I am 12w5d along, feeling great!  
I had my first OB Appointment on Monday which went well and we got to see a super hypo little bean on a quick US, and then had our NT scan and blood work done today, where baby was comphy sucking his/her hands and not as cooperative.  Got some nice photos though!

Anyone not wanting to find out the gender?  
I was 110% certain there was no way we're wanting to find out.  DH changed his mind just hours after our positive test and as the weeks have gone on (and especially after our scan today). I'm feeling a little itch to know πŸ™ˆ

We haven't made any announcements yet.  Waiting until I have 'popped'... Hopefully we can hold it out until Father's Day, where we are having a family weekend away and it'd be nice to tell everyone together.

Hope everyone else is well... Lots of 12weekers coming up!  Exciting times!

#103 GreenEyedTigerCub

Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:18 PM

Had some streaking this morning though I'm not worried as it was pink not bright red, so I thought it was time to finally go see a dr (at 10+5 days) he told me off for not seeing him earlier as in SA you need to ring a pregnancy hotline to book in for your chosen hospital.

Anyway had a blood test and went to book in for a pelvic ultrasound, I could have gotten in today at 11:40am but I started work at 12pm so there was no time. So I'm booked for Tuesday at 11:20am, went home rang the pregnancy hotline and the hospital has me in for a scan at 8:30am on Tuesday so I will see bubs twice in one day LOL.

Nope DEFINATLY don't want to find out the sex, though it does make it harder to buy items. Last pregnancy I really didn't want a boy, this time I don't really care though I would prefer another girl just because I like the names ive picked out more and I was given a lot of girl hand me downs.

#104 BrielJr

Posted 25 June 2016 - 07:44 AM

Hey doubledee I keep changing my mind about finding out the sex. At the beginning I wanted to know, then I decided I'm very impatient so it would be nice to try and wait for a surprise. But now I just want to know again. Had our NT scan on Wednesday and all is looking good. Had to book in for the morphology scan already as we are headed to Canada for a holiday at 18weeks and 5 days so there was only one day I could get in for it! How's everyone's morning sickness going? Mine started to subside at 12weeks 2 days...it only appears to turn its ugly face in the afternoons now which beats all day!!!!

#105 GreenEyedTigerCub

Posted 25 June 2016 - 12:53 PM

I seem to just have evening sickness now which is great as I don't want to cook tea because I feel sick. Then when it's cooked I don't want to eat it.

#106 88nobody88

Posted 26 June 2016 - 10:16 PM

Hi everyone

Waiting on NIPT results this week, and can't wait to find out the sex....thirteen weeks today and feeling great! Strangest food craving was at 1am the other morning...ritz crackers dipped in strawberry yogurt!! Hubby thinks it's hilarious and trying every strange food adventure with me!

Hope everyone is tracking well...

#107 ThrilledWolf

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:54 PM

9 weeks today 😍
Dating scan put us at 31st Jan so right at the end
Heart beat was 150 n everything looked really good (first scan the lady thought cervix was open had another scan at hospital n it was def shut n all fine)
Can't wait to see everything more clearly at 12 week scan and we def will be hiding out gender at that scan no way I could wait
Feel nauseated all day and peeing every 5 seconds πŸ˜‚
Can't wait to get a little baby bump I didn't do many bump photos with my son but I'd like to do bump pics all through this one

#108 Melbmummy_1603

Posted 04 July 2016 - 04:52 PM

Hi everyone!
I hope it's not too late to join this group.
I'm 13 weeks pregnant tomorrow with our first, so due date is Jan 10th. I have been reading everyone's posts for a while but have been too nervous to join as I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks in January and have been feeling very apprehensive since we found out very early! Had our 12 scan last week and all is looking good and we are very excited!! Told our family and close friends last week so starting feel a little more real.
Hope everyone else is doing well and feeling ok. I noticed there hasn't been much activity in here lately. Just wondering if there is another place everyone chats and would love to join if it's not too late? Being a FTM I would love other Mums to chat with.
Thanks ladies :)

#109 Princess VFR

Posted 06 July 2016 - 01:29 PM

almost 11 weeks,....did my Nipt test Monday and got to see my little bubba on the quick US they did before the blood test. Saw the brain, heartbeat of 165, 2 arms and 2 legs jumping around. Sent DH a pic and he was happy our bubba actually looks like a baby as opposed to a seahorse at the 6 week scan.

So this week is going so slow waiting until next wed for my Nipt results. Boobs getting bigger and sorer now, and im seriously over the bloating and gas....( been blaming my 2yr old for the Gas)

Obs suggests the bloating will calm down in the next few weeks as progesterone settles down.

hows everyone else going?

#110 purpleblaze

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:57 PM

Hi all, we got the nips results back today, all low risk, yay! Also found out we are having a little boy...so thrilled! Obviously the gender is 2nd to health of the baby but we like the idea of another boy to balance out the girls in the wider family as they are all similar in age.

Hope everyone is doing well.

#111 ~A2~

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:38 PM

Hi everyone

I hope you are all going well.

Just wanted to post a reminder that reference to and about Facebook groups will be edited as per guidelines.  The PM system should be used for this as it is to be kept off the EB site.

Posts will continue to be edited and members will receive warnings if this happens continuously.

Regards

Ali
EB/EK Moderator

#112 Tesla

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:26 AM

13+2 today! I had a scan on Tuesday and it went beautifully, everything's developing normally. Baby has lovely long legs and was having a bit of a party in there. Can't wait until I can feel it!

We were hemming and hawing on whether to find out the sex (this is baby #1 for us) because the result was there from the NIPT - but we caved and got the sonographer to tell us. It's a squirmy little girl! My husband reckons he knew all along, I didn't have a feeling either way. Now to start thinking about names for real...

#113 Princess VFR

Posted 11 July 2016 - 02:26 PM

NIPT results back....low risk all round.

Both DH and I guessed it was a girl...and sure enough we're having a girl. We were happy regardless of the gender

(Although DH said he is running away when both our girls get hormonal together....and hes not paying for any extravagant weddings either!!! Little does he know!!)

#114 GreenEyedTigerCub

Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:43 PM

We are a quiet little group. I thought once we all hit the 12 week mark we would become little chatterboxes but I guess not :(

#115 PrincessW

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:10 PM

I think we'll get there :)

I'm 12 weeks tomorrow, yay! All our testing has come back as low risk and we're having a girl!! So now the insane shopping spree can begin (although my mother has gotten a healthy head start on me in that area!). Having our scan next Wednesday,  even though I saw little Boop about 2 weeks ago I'm keen to see her development since then and watch her dance around. Will be nice that the other half can be with me this time so he doesn't feel so left out.

Hope everyone is travelling well!!

xx

#116 happynow

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:14 PM

Hi I've been reading along for a while and finally decided to join in :-) . I'm due the 3rd of January this is baby number 4 and very big surprise as I was not planning on any more .  .

#117 Princess VFR

Posted 17 July 2016 - 12:42 PM

Welcome Happynow.

Congrats to all the positive nipt results.

I'm still here, it is disappointing that many others have left here for the other social media groups.

My first due in group was a great support group, and we still chat 2 yrs later.

I plan to stick around here, so I hope more people join as we progress
How is everyone feeling? I'm fine except for the bloating, and the few extra kgs I've put on (I'm blaming my sugar craving of chocolate and ice cream)

I'm looking forward to going back to yoga this week, and hoping I can motivate myself to walk a bit despite the cold

#118 GreenEyedTigerCub

Posted 17 July 2016 - 07:16 PM

My first DIG was so big it was spilt into the 1st half and 2nd half of the month and even then I still couldn't keep up with all the posts.

Feeling -  not really pregnant, other than having a sore tailbone and hard time getting off of the floor (as well as the upper rounding stomach) I wouldnt really know I was pregnant.

I said I think DF got a copy of DD's ultrasound videos and hes just playing them at the hospital visits and its really just a 10 month prank hes playing and Im really just getting fat from eating LOL.

Starting to feel not as knackered as I enter into the 2nd trimester so hopefully I will start walking again, I joined the losebabyweight website when I was 6 weeks so hopefully now I want to eat again I can follow their plans instead of hardly eating or eating junk.

#119 Snailmoondoggy

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:44 PM

Hi All,
This my first post and my first pregnancy, I'm 14 weeks today. All tests & scans have come back OK and I've now told all my family and friends. While it's my first child my husband has two kids from a previous relationship so this isn't as new and exciting for him as it is for me which is why I wanted a place to share my thoughts and feelings.
I've had a good pregnancy so far just a bit tired and bloated but my energy seems to have returned the last couple of weeks so Ive returned to my pre-pregnancy exercise schedule, nothing hectic just walking, Pilates, yoga and swimming. I'm definitely feeling better now I can exercise regularly again.
I've booking into the birthing centre at RPA in Sydney - has anyone been there before? I plan to have a natural birth if everything goes to plan. I've been reading a great book called "gentle birth, gentle mothering" by Dr Sarah Buckley that's very empowering. Does anyone have any good books they've read or reading that you'd like to share?
I plan to do a hypnobirthing course when I'm further along, has anyone done one before? I'd be interested to hear some feedback!
Thanks!

#120 Princess VFR

Posted 19 July 2016 - 09:26 PM

Welcome snailmoondoggy. I'd suggest looking Into books or a course from Nadine Richardson "she births". I found it to be a great course (2 days in Sydney) quite pricey, but very holistic.

In the end I was induced and everything I prepared for went out the window. I plan to go back and read through my handbook as I get closer to the end of this pregnancy in the hope I can have a natural birth and can use some of the techniques I learnt.

I hear the birthing centre at RPA is great.

#121 BrielJr

Posted 20 July 2016 - 07:05 PM

Hi everyone! I've been slack and haven't been keeping up to date with what's going on in here. Just had a check up and scan today for 16 week mark. All looking good. Dr mentioned I have a posterior placenta...is this better for feeling kicks earlier? A friend has an anterior placenta and is 21 weeks but isn't feeling any kicks. I know it's probably too early, but I'm trying to pay attention so I recognise when it starts but I have no idea what to expect when it does...any hints from others would be lovely! Also I've been told I have to give myself injections before/after my flights overseas to help avoid blood clots and I am a little scared of giving myself a needle 😳😳😳

#122 purpleblaze

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:24 PM

HI all,
Congratulations snail, the first but really is so exciting, lots of unknowns. I did a calm birth course for my first pregnancy which was great, it really took away my fear and made me feel more in control. I was very fortunate to have a natural birth (both times) with no medication and I used the techniques taught in the class.

I'm 13 weeks and just had the nuchal scan, all looking good! Will tell family this weekend. I definitely look pregnant as my eating habits haven't been great, but feeling alright. Some lower back pain is starting to kick in so I'll be looking to do some physio.

#123 Princess VFR

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:02 PM

Posterior placenta just means it's at the back of your uterus vs anterior at the front. Anterior means kicks arnt as obvious because the placenta at the front will cushion them.
For a first pregnancy you wouldn't feel kicks before about 18 weeks.  With my first I felt definite kicks around 19 weeks. I honestly thought I felt something similar this morning, but not so sure how early to expect the, this time around.

I can only really describe it at first like a little flutter or pop. Like a bubble shifting and popping from the inside out. As the baby gets bigger the flutter feels more obvious.

#124 sophs_84

Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:53 AM

Hi Everyone

This is my 1st post. I am 15 weeks tomorrow :) First baby for me and my partner. Has a daughter from a previous relationship but is super excited about our little bundle.

Feeling really tired still as i have had insomnia. But no morning sickness which is great. Very bloated though!

I have been lucky enough to secure a spot at the Gold Coast Birthing centre. I met my midwife, Keriana, on Monday and I love her! We were able to see the birthing suites. The room has a bithing pool, large ensuite with 2 shower heads and a small kitchenette int he room and my partner can stay the whole time. Little worried about going home between 4-7 hours post birth but my midwife will come to my house each day for the first 3 days and then each week for 5 weeks which is comforting.

Has anyone else given birth at a birthing centre? Did you have a water birth?

Thanks! :)

#125 happynow

Posted 31 July 2016 - 01:00 PM

Hi Sophs , welcome and congrats .  I'm nearly 18 weeks and still feel super tired .

This seems to be a very quite group ν ½νΈ•.

I found out two weeks ago we are having a little girl so that will mean two boys and two girls for us . .
I have finally started baby shopping as I sold everything only last year as we were not planning to have anymore children after the few miscarriages I had .

Hope everything is going well for you all xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.