Due in Jan 17 Chat Thread #2

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#126 Princess VFR

Posted 31 July 2016 - 02:17 PM

Welcome sophs!

How is everyone else doing?

I haven't been so tired this pregnancy like I was in my first. Still slightly bloated but baby bump is slowly starting to show underneath.

Congrats on the baby girl happy now. I have all my girl stuff still from my first, so technically I have no reason to shop.....but I keep seeing cute stuff and I justify it that I never had enough of certain things....lol, also it's opposite seasons this time round.

#127 happynow

Posted 31 July 2016 - 02:23 PM

Princess VFR ,  my pregnancy is opposite seasons this time to . I'm struggling with what sort of clothing should I dress a newborn in for summer and what to pack in my hospital bag ( will it be cool in the hospital with having air conditioning  or will it be warmish ) .  I have no idea as my other three children have all been in the cooler months .

#128 Princess VFR

Posted 31 July 2016 - 02:31 PM

Happynow, I think with a newborn they still need to be in a singlet and long sleeve/pants, but probably not more than that. They can't regulate their temp as we do, and hospitals tend to be on the cooler side. My DH lives with the air set to North Pole so baby will be pretty covered up at home too. I'll stick to cotton swaddled though as opposed to blankets

#129 sophs_84

Posted 01 August 2016 - 12:19 PM

Thanks Princess VFR and Happynow.

Everything else is going great and because i feel so good I have to remind myself I'm pregnant sometimes :)

Still feel really tired in the afternoons and wish i could nap at work. Bloating is still an issue. look like I'm much further along than I am! haha!

Congrats on the baby girls! There is so much cute girl stuff around. i just want to buy it all! the boys stuff is super cute too. i love all the black and white stuff. We are having a surprise so I am holding off on buying anything gender specific.

Is anyone having a water birth or had one in a previous pregnancy? I am very keen to have one.

We are also in the middle of renovating our house and adding a new bedroom for the baby. plus a new kitchen, front room and laundry. very hectic at the moment as my partner works full time and is doing 90% of the reno's himself. I am helping where I can :) I am lucky that he is a joiner and sparky and he can do the plumbing. saves us so much $$$.

Anyone else due on Australia Day?

#130 Princess VFR

Posted 01 August 2016 - 02:27 PM

Sophs, I too have to remind myself Im pregnant. I pulled my sciatic muscle last week and couldn't walk for days. All better now, but im cleaning out our 2nd bedroom which is currently office/junk store room. I need to keep remembering not to lift anything heavy. Aside from the obvious miscarriage risk, im also nudging 40 so I don't recover from soft tissue injury like I used to.

im due 28th Jan so just after Australia Day, but being 2nd could go earlier.

Water birth....with my first I wanted a drug free pain free beautiful water birth experience with fairys and butterflies.....blah blah blah. the reality was I was booted out of the birth suite once they found I had gestational diabetes at 19 weeks and ended up in the delivery suite. For the birth I ended up with an induction and bed ridden with cables and tubes everywhere and had no control whatsoever of my pain or the birth. Epidural and get her out as quick as possible was my motto 2 hrs into it!!!

With this birth I really am just going with the flow and will accept whatever happens as long as we both come out safe in the end. Im really looking forward to a few days after the birth being pampered with nice meals and people changing my towels and making my bed for me while I just focus on sleeping and bonding with my new baby.

Its funny how your expectations change as you get older and with every subsequent birth. Maybe its just me.

Sophs I hope you get the beautiful experience you hope for, I also hope you are prepared for any eventuality. No one not even the hospital staff are in control of labour or birth. But certainly go in with your birth plan an expectations. Im told water births are a wonderful experience.

#131 Lovelybubba

Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:31 PM

Hi all!
I've been lurking for a little while, found out at 7.5 weeks along that we're expecting our 3rd. It was a very unplanned, unexpected baby so it's taken me a while to get my head around it.
Anyway, I'm due Jan 23, will have a scheduled CS after an emergency and a scheduled CS with the prev 2.
I have a little girl nearly 5 and a boy who's 2.5 years X
Lovely to meet everyone and hear your stories!

#132 sophs_84

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:35 PM

Princess VFR, I hope that i can have a water birth but I am going in with a open birth plan as I know it can all go tits up on the day :) Hopefully nothing too dramatic! but i am happy to know that if i want to have an epidural it is there.

I have been reading alot about birth plans and how not to have anything too rigid but make sure everything is written down in case you forget anything on the day. Im not the kind of person to panic of plans change and I hope that i still feel that way on the day.

My partner is very excited that we are due on Australia Day! i have to keep reminding him that more than likely our bub wont arrive on that day and we wont really have a choice in the matter.

Still haven't put on any weight yet which Im happy with. i am on the heavy side anyway so I really don't want to put on anymore that 9KG.

Anyone else having a surprise and not finding out the sex?

#133 doubledee

Posted 13 August 2016 - 02:08 PM

Not much going on in here.  Had a quick catch up!  

I'm now 20 weeks, half way, yay!  
Still feeling really 'normal' and having to remind myself I'm pregnant.  Getting sooooo many kicks and punches though the last 5 weeks or so.

We had our scan yesterday and DH found out the sex, I opted not too.  So we'll see how long that lasts.
Everything looking good, measuring 1 weeks a head of dates now, big baby!  
We still haven't announced the pregnancy and just a handful of people know (2x best friends and sister) not even 1kg weight gain and no obvious bump yet, so still plan to share Father's Day weekend - 23 weeks along! And hoping for a 'pop' of the tummy by then :)
Still haven't done any baby shopping either, so much control, I can't believe myself!

We're all booked in at the hospital and I have my 2nd OB appointment in 2 weeks.

Hope everyone else is well.

Edited by doubledee, 13 August 2016 - 02:10 PM.

#134 GreenEyedTigerCub

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:24 PM

We are all so quiet :(

I'm not finding out the sex in two weeks, my fiancé is going with me for the morphology scan and he wants to know so I guess ill just close my eyes and have the ultrasound technician point to me or him for a boy or girl. Though knowing my luck it would show a little willy on the screen and my surprise would be ruined.
I'm not feeling like I know the sex either way though I keep calling it a boy as I have a lot of girl stuff and just for practicality I would rather another girl.

Still not really feeling pregnant, my hip gets sore if I over do it and I think I sometimes feel the bubble moving around but no kicks yet at almost 17 weeks, I'm starting to look pregnant but its all rounded at the top and the waddle when my hip is sore probably makes me seem more pregnant than I am.

#135 Princess VFR

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:54 PM

Hey girls. 16 weeks here

I'm so jealous of you guys not having put on any weight! Im already 5 kgs over, although I'm telling myself it's fluid...lol

I do have a bump finally and not just bloat. Had all the growing/stretching pains this week so I finally feel pregnant. No kicks felt yet, although I'm hoping to feel something in the next few weeks. Hubby wanted to know the sex so we found out is another girl with the nipt test.

Now we are working on girls names, we've narrowed it down to a few.

I've bought a few things for the nursery- but until the attic storage is finished and we move my office out and get a built in wardrobe installed I'm not really buying anything else...(aside from a couple of cute baby outfits)

My one big difference to my first pregnancy is I've turned off meat.....I normally love meat, and had no aversion the first time round. I'm also checking my blood glucose after high carb meals. So far so good with blood sugar coming down an hour after meals. I was diagnosed with Gestational diabetes at 19 weeks last time, so fingers crossed I can prolong my diagnosis this time, or if I'm lucky I don't get it at all. I started this pregnancy 8kg lighter than my last so fingers crossed.

Hope everyone else is going well

#136 KarenSyd

Posted 31 August 2016 - 07:47 AM

Hi ladies.  I hope everyone's pregnancies are going well!!  I'm 19+3 weeks and had my morphology scan yesterday.  Apart from bubs not wanting to cooperate so that we could see her heart, everything went amazingly!  So I am over the moon.  I feel comfortable now starting to buy maybe a pram and a few baby things.  

I haven't really had any symptoms... dream pregnancy so far apart from exhaustion in the first trimester.  I started a new job at around 7 weeks which was a promotion and is pretty stressful... trying not to let it affect me!  Moving interstate away from friends and family whilst pregnant has also not been ideal...  but I'm lucky that I have a very supportive partner.  I think we just have NO idea what we are in for!!!!

#137 BrielJr

Posted 18 September 2016 - 04:23 PM

How is everyone going? 25 weeks tomorrow for us! Our little man is moving lots and lots. We've just started to put our nursery together...everything is starting to become real!

#138 Mabel123

Posted 22 September 2016 - 08:12 PM

24 weeks today!

Has anyone thought about when they will wrap up at work?  I keep getting asked, but I really have no idea.  I feel ok, but it is getting tiring.

#139 Princess VFR

Posted 22 September 2016 - 08:57 PM

Almost 22 weeks here. Gestational diabetes still hasn't hit so feeling happy about that. Heaps of kicks, way more than I had with DD1. Still only up by 5kgs OB happy with that.
I've ordered built in wardrobe for the nursery and pinned heaps of ideas for decorating.
Will finish work at Christmas, not worth going back for a week or 2 in Jan ( I'm not due until 28th Jan)
Definitely feeling tired now but happy to be on the downward count to deliver day

#140 Kayla91

Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:10 AM

Hi Everyone,

My name is Kayla and I am from Brisbane, I am currently 25+4 with our first.

We have our caesarean booked for 5 Jan 17.

#141 BrielJr

Posted 13 October 2016 - 02:52 PM

28+3 today! Countdown is on for finishing work. Only 36 days left. Third trimester sluggishness has started. Feeling tired and sore. Yoga is definitely helping and I'm trying to get to the pool to walk and do easy laps. How is everyone else going?

#142 Princess VFR

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:58 PM

Is anyone still on here?

I'm almost 26 weeks and starting to feel it now. Sleep is getting uncomfortable and insomnia keeps me awake on some nights.

Glucose tolerance test done and they found me borderline and will be controlled with diet alone....a great improvement on first pregnancy where I was on high doses of insulin

Irritable and hating my poor DH (and anyone else who p*sses me off)

Baby kicking heaps and measuring 1 week ahead

About 8 weeks of work left....can't wait to enjoy a few weeks of summer before baby is due

How is everyone else doing?

#143 kath1111

Posted 22 October 2016 - 01:02 PM

Hello there!

I'm Kath. 27 weeks with my first, a girl :yes:

Am up to my 10th scan (is that a record for this stage of pregnancy??). 1st trimester was a nightmare with miscarriage concerns and Obst is concerned that bubs is measuring 2 wks behind of certain dates (IVF conception) and need to continue close monitoring. But no doubts she is moving around like a little yogi. Last scan showed her with both legs stretched behind her head, v sweet.

We are due on 17.1.17 - nice looking date!

Feeling healthy, though I  won't feel completely at ease until bubs is in the outside world.

What names are people tossing round? We like Jemima and Breanna atm

#144 xxThree Loves xx

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:40 PM

Hi all 27 weeks this week and it is getting tough looks like I'll be having bub early so thought i would join in the Jan dig :).
Hope you are all well :)

#145 xxThree Loves xx

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:41 PM

Hi all 27 weeks this week and it is getting tough looks like I'll be having bub early so thought i would join in the Jan dig :).
Hope you are all well :)

#146 Mabel123

Posted 20 November 2016 - 09:57 PM

Hello January mummies :)

I think I'm done with work now.  I wanted to get a few more shifts in, but my hip is so sore and it's really too painful to walk on... and I'm on my feel for 8 whole hours at work.  We went for a class at the hospital today and did the tour around birth suite :)  It looks like there aren't many other parents around wanting to use cloth nappies - is anyone here planning to use them?  We were the only ones in our group wanting to use them.

#147 Mabel123

Posted 30 November 2016 - 01:43 PM

We have had a hiccup - I've been having a lot of contractions and bubs is a bit small.  I had to spend a night in hospital last week and I'll be over there 3 times this week for checks.  The ob has said that bub will need to be out early, most likely in the next 3 weeks, so she may not be a January baby after all!  The obstetrician has said that the contractions are caused by an irritable uterus.

How is everyone else going?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.