Due in Jan 17 Chat Thread #2

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#26 ThrilledWolf

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:13 AM

😊 popping my head in for a little hello I'm only 4-5ish weeks just found out and waiting on first blood test results back in morning
By my calculations due around end of Jan
This is our third pregnancy we have a beautiful 14 month old boy conceived via IVF and a twin pregnancy that we lost at 9.2 weeks πŸ’œπŸ’™
I'm 25 years old and so excited that I'm pregnant again fingers toes and everything crossed for lots of sticky baby dust

#27 CountryGirl2

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:25 AM

Hello lovely ladies!  It's been so awesome to  get to read some of your stories and hear the exciting news.

I am brand new to the site and I am so pleased that I am able to announce my pregnancy to people in some form (my partner and I are holding out until 12 weeks).  This is my first pregnancy.

My expected due date is Jan 15th, which is perfect because as a school teacher, this is during my holidays!

Keeping bub a secret has been a huge effort.  Given that I live in a small town, I can't even buy a pregnancy test without everyone in the community knowing.  I ended up having to order a preg test online instead.  Additionally, everyone who works at the Dr's clinic and hospital know me, so having to get blood tests etc has been done as 'cloak and dagger' as possible.  Even my partner's mum works at the hospital.

Has anyone been in the same position of having to keep everything hush, hush?

Can I just reiterate how refreshing it is to TELL someone (albeit via this internet platform) that I am expecting and I am so excited/scared.

Big hugs to you all!!

KH

#28 lilnik1000

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:28 PM

Hey Thanks for everyones well wishes!!!!

I was thinking the same thing too about a disappearing twin as twins run in my family, and my HCG only really started the climb after the bleeding stopped so very strange and no one can tell me what happened, but still holding out for that 12 weeks till I feel comfortable and not so anxious!!!

#29 37MelH

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:56 PM

I've only just found out I'm pregnant too. We are both 37. DH has a 17y daughter and I have 2 boys 15 and 10. We were holidaying in South Africa March and April and came home to a positive hpt! This is #1 together after being together 8 yrs and married 1.5 years.

We had a tragedy last year. My brother died, aged 32 15/4/15. Totally unexpectedly and I've spent the last year grieving. I let a balloon go at the top of table mountain in cape town on the anniversary. The baby is coincidentally due on his birthday. *goosebumps*

My name is Melanie. I'm excited, nervous and feeling blessed right now. Fingers crossed for all of us that we deliver beautiful healthy babies to ring in 2017 and a new era.

#30 Impervious Curtsey

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:44 PM

Hello, I've also just had a positive HPT after 8 months TTC #1. By my calculations due date should be around 26th Jan, but not entirely sure due to my last couple of cycles being a little irregular. Anyway, very excited to be joining you all!

#31 Mabel123

Posted 23 May 2016 - 10:10 PM

It's nice to come in here and read everyone's stories :)  

I've booked in to have an ultrasound tomorrow morning.  I'm really hoping that everything is ok, but I'm a little worried that it might not be good.  I'm feeling a bit nervous.

#32 amie484

Posted 24 May 2016 - 04:02 AM

At 5w3d I think morning sickness might be just around the corner. I start to get queasy if I get hungry and then again if I accidentally eat too much. Being an IVF pregnancy from a full stim cycle I've been exhausted for the last 6-8 weeks lol but it's definitely worse now although the headaches and migraines are easing so that's a plus. Now if I could just get rid of these god awful nipple vasospasms I'd be happy.

#33 amie484

Posted 24 May 2016 - 04:04 AM

Double post

Edited by amie484, 24 May 2016 - 04:07 AM.

#34 Darcy41

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:57 AM

Hi Everyone
I will probably miss someone so refer to everyone if I missed you :)

How is everything going DD?  hope that bleeding has cleared up and you are doing well.

Hi Lisa and Peta, so cute that you both joined the DIG group. I think I would have a fit if DH joined, where would I whine about him then he he he (just kidding) love you babe if you inadvertently read this.  Sorry about your little angel and hope that everything goes well all the way through with this pregnancy.

Mabel, how are you doing? fx for your scan thinking of you

Mej_Syd, I got morning sickness yesterday full force made a new friend the chuckit buckit and eating salada today.  I had vitamin b6 from chemist for the nausea but think i kept getting the timing wrong yesterday, today I took it first up when I woke and am queasy now but so far no throwing up.
How are you feeling?

TMay how are you doing?  did you get some quality time with DH?  how is the irratibility and junior?

ThrilledWolf - congrats on your latest pregnancy, all the best for this one, sorry to hear about your twins, were the latest two pregnancies also ivf?

Countrygirl, I hear you on the keeping secret, over the weekend I accidentally blabbed to another pregnant woman and then I realised after she will be hanging out with so many we haven't told yet, oops.... Hopefully she hasn't said anything....

Melanie I was born in Cape Town, had a bit of tear for your brother for you, but how amazing that this baby is due on his birthday, wonderful tribute!

Amie.... nipple spasms what is this voodoo you speak of?  lol hope it goes away...  I told DH the other day it's like someone stole my boobies and replaced them with someone elses' (mostly due to huge changes to nipples and areolae) I now refer to them as rocks of pain, but no nipple spasms gawd.

Happy Healthy Mums and Bubs to Be and Existing Siblings and Darling Partners to everyone

#35 Impervious Curtsey

Posted 24 May 2016 - 04:00 PM

It's my first day at work since finding out I'm pregnant, and I just keep thinking to myself as I'm talking to my colleagues "I'm pregnant and you don't know about it". I have had to tell my boss though, because as part of my job I am exposed to x-rays and abortion-inducing drugs, so need to avoid these tasks obviously!

#36 ThrilledWolf

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:18 PM

Got first hcg yesterday and were only 66 thinking I'm more 3-4 weeks pregnant so could be feb baby did another test this morning and we'll get results tomorrow hopefully doubling
Thinking I may have ovulated twice in last cycle

Darcy - my son is only IVF so far
With twin pregnancy I did pregnancy test day of going to pick up IVF medication and was 6 weeks pregnant
And this time id already picked up medication $200! And was doing a just incase test while on pill trying to bring period on I've been emotional so thought test just for hell of it
My cycle has been 50+ days so I must have ovulated very late

Will have to wait till 6-7 weeks and will do a dating scan to find out how far but might jump in feb group when it comes up xx

#37 PrincessW

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:50 AM

Doing my bloods this morning, blergh. I quite like needles but because of my history with PCOS, Endo and IR I have to do the GTT as well to benchmark where I'm at. Used to have them twice a year and have managed to avoid them for the last year a half up until now.

I've been up since 5am, I'm cold (it's 4 degrees right now, my hands are frozen as I type) and I'm starving. The things we do...

#38 GreenEyedTigerCub

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:40 AM

We are all so quiet, I guess we are all just sitting around waiting for our 12 week mark

Countrygirl2, were due on the same day (lucky us stuck right in the middle of everyone else).

Impervious Curtsey , I'm feeling the same with work mates though I've dropped a few hints like 'this will be heavy when I get preggers' or 'the husband said I should be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen' etc so maybe they'll catch on soon.

Its been so hard not telling people at work though I don't want them to treat me differently, I work as a grocery assistant so I am carrying boxes up to 16kg but my last pregnancy when I was a secretary I was treated like a princess and wasn't allowed to do anything which caused me to be p*ssed and  the other workers to be disgruntled, that and I've only just transferred to this store in April like 'hey guys thanks for the better location, job and money but I'll be leaving you in 9 months LOL' I'm sure they'll understand but I just feel bad.

Not much happening over here, sore boobs though it is freezing in Adelaide at the moment so that could be why they could cut glass, was a bit nauseous yesterday and I get a pain on my RHS when I move too quickly or sneeze but that's it, no bleeding which is awesome as that had already started by this time with my blighted ovum. Sometimes I forget I'm even pregnant and sometimes its all I can think about which is a lot different to my last 2 pregnancies where all I did was stress, this time I feel a lot calmer, though I did have a baby brain moment last week when I couldn't for the life of me remember how to count money and I almost gave a customer $5 more than they had asked for, luckily they were honest and told me of my mistake.

Edited by GreenEyedTigerCub, 25 May 2016 - 10:47 AM.

#39 Princess VFR

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:46 PM

Hey girls,

I'm cautiously joining as I just tested positive on Saturday putting me at 4weeks due 28th Jan. I had a chemical pregnancy back in November which was heartbreaking. I'm hoping this one is a sticky one

I'm mum to dd almost 2 yrs old.

I won't be doing a blood test until Thursday or Friday next week as I'm currently in Europe for my cousins wedding. So I've spent hundreds or euros instead on damn pregnancy tests checking everyday for the line to stay dark. (Seriously wish I packed more of the Internet cheapies I had at home!!)

I had GD last pregnancy but I'm starting out 5 kgs lighter this time round and plan to continue eating well in the hope I don't need to pump myself full of insulin 2nd half of pregnancy.

Been trying for 6 months, and pretty much gave up and booked this Europe trip. Murphys law says I test positive while overseas....no drinking for me!!

#40 doubledee

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:42 AM

Hi all!  
A quick update.
Had another lot of HCG done Monday, after quite the bleed Saturday night and happy to share they had risen quite a lot.  The Dr has no concern that anything is wrong and has called my referal through to the OB of my choice.  
I'm feeling very relieved that this is all just a thing called 'break through bleeding' but, as you can imagine, still cautious and will ofcorse not fully ease my mind until 12-13 weeks passes successfully.  
My first OB visit is booked for 12w1d.  Hopefully I can then book an ultrasound for ASAP after that.  Isn't it needed to be had between 11-13 weeks for accurate results?  I also hear there is this new thing called Harmony testing (I think?!). Does anyone have experience or know about this?

Happy, healthy, sticky vibes to all!

DD, x

#41 Mum of Callum

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:14 AM

Great news DD x

#42 Supermummy19

Posted 26 May 2016 - 11:16 AM

is anybody else getting headaches?? I'm talking full on headaches. I never get headaches and I sure didn't get hem with my other pregnancies. Weird

#43 CountryGirl2

Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:49 PM

Wowsers.  I just had my 6 week scan.  I thought that I was 6w 3 days (based on the websites and doctor's opinions).  According to the scan, I am only 5w 4 days!  lol.  But anyway, the doctor was able to see a faint heartbeat - so that is a good sign.  It is officially real!

KH

New projected date of delivery: January 23rd.  Only 3 days before my bday!

#44 GreenEyedTigerCub

Posted 26 May 2016 - 06:17 PM

SuperMum Ive been getting headaches but id just put it down to not drinking enough water.

#45 Mum of Callum

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:52 PM

Country girl 2, it must have been exciting to see the heart beat, but a bit of a shock to be a week behind where you thought you were! I have a dating scan on Monday but I am pretty sure I have my dates right. Can't wait!

#46 BrielJr

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:20 PM

Hi everyone. My partner and I are 9 weeks on Monday (due Jan 2) with our first and have our first OB appt Tuesday. Been roughing it day and night with "morning" sickness, but apart from that all going along well so far. I had a really high reading at 5 weeks also - 15000 Hcg. Dating scan all seemed good with healthy heartbeat. So now eagerly waiting the next scan

#47 lauren85

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:49 PM

Hi! My name is Lauren. I'm from South East queensland. I have a 4 yr old daughter and just found out I'm pregnant with our second, after 16 months of TTC. Super happy but also extremely nervous! This bub was conceived using letrazole as I have PCOS. First round of letrazole too which is great!! By online calculators I am due on 30th January....but my daughter was 10 days late so I'm going to say around end of jan/early Feb.

#48 KarenSyd

Posted 26 May 2016 - 11:47 PM

Hi ladies. This is my first post on here and I found out less than a week ago that I'm pregnant with my first.  My boyfriend and I are sooo happy :) It's a great surprise, as I'm 35 (he's 37) and we had just started trying... we didn't expect it to happen so soon!!

I found out that I was pregnant the day after I finished with my job, and the day before I moved from Perth to Sydney.  So now I'm in a new city where I don't know anyone, don't know hospitals or suburbs, and trying to find a job when I'm 5.5 weeks pregnant!!!  Def not ideal!!  I'm so torn about the job hunting thing... it feels unethical to hide it but I need work!  

So far I'm feeling really tired in the evenings (normally I'm a night owl), quite nauseous, increased appetite and bloating.  Appointment with the Dr tomorrow to review blood tests.  I think I'm due around 22nd Jan :)

Look forward to getting to know you all!

#49 CountryGirl2

Posted 27 May 2016 - 07:47 AM

Mum of Callum - best of luck for your scan on Monday. I am sure you'll go great. So exciting!!

KarenSyd - a hearty congratulations to you on this exciting news. Like you I am a first timer (sounds like we're in jail lol). I am so happy that you and your partner are so thrilled. It can be scary not knowing which hospitals/doctors you should visit because you are you in town. But you'll be fine and make friends who can advise you.

#50 ness89

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:27 AM

Hi everyone! Cautiously joining you! My names Vanessa, 26 years old living in Melbourne. Just got my bfp this morning after being 4 days late. If all goes well this will be my second baby and DD is 14months old. DD took over a year to conceive and i was very suprised to get my bfp first try after agreeing to start ttc again with DH. I put it all down to using preseed. Due date 31st of jan at this stage. Wishing those of you with upcoming scans the best xx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.