Update on my son

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 mez70

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:05 AM

Hi All I have been MIA for a while as the past couple of months have been so incredibly busy.

I am pleased to say that DH and I came to agreement and DS has completed all 33 radiation sessions. He did so well and not one GA was needed which was fantastic.

Physically he is so much better and stronger than even a month ago. We are now in the 6 week wait between treatment and scans.

We are now in a phase of attempting to transition back to school, apply for funding, and getting on with things.

He does have a couple of issues from his cancer that will be permanent, the main one being Vision. Essentially the right side of each eye does not work and he has no depth or spped perception. Vision Australia have been great though and are sending someone to school on Friday to help us make it more accessable for him.

I have also discovered that at his treating hospital we have a Dr who works in the clinic 1 day a week who is a researcher in his kind of cancer the rest of the time.

He had a wish last weekend from Make a Wish and it was so amaziing and almost allowed us to forget cancer for a couple of days.

So we are basically in a holding pattern at the moment, waiting to get results, but he is getting healthier and stronger every day and is looking better than he has in about 6 mths even before dx

#2 Hattie

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:08 AM

Wishing you all the best with the transition back to 'normal'. I have absolutely everything crossed that the next scan results are amazingly good.

#3 just roses

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:10 AM

That's wonderful news, Mez!

Hoping and praying that the next scans will be good.

Keep holding onto hope x

#4 Therese

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:11 AM

I have been thinking about you. I really hope the transition back to school goes well and that the scan results are good too.

Thanks for updating us x

#5 Sentient Puddle

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:13 AM

Wonderful news. Thinking of you and your family xx

#6 notorico

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:16 AM

So happy to hear such a positive update. I hope the good news continues. xx

#7 Monket

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:27 AM

Wishing you all the best for awesome scan results. I hope the next 6 weeks pass quickly for you.

#8 rjflc69

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:08 PM

Thanks so much for the update Mez and so glad to hear some really positive news about your little guy.

Wonderful to hear he is transitioning back to school and sounds like you have some great external support.

Fiona

#9 28 Barbary Lane

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:08 PM

Thanks for the update, I have been thinking about your son and family and am so glad to read your update, all the best

#10 But seriously

Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:57 PM

thanks for the update. keep them coming

#11 Ianthe

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:07 PM

That's a great update. It must do your heart good to see him looking better.

#12 MummyHILI

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:16 PM

I don't know the details of your sons journey but I am so glad to hear that your son is doing so well, he sounds incredibly brave.

Much love to all of you.

#13 TheGreenSheep

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:26 PM

What a lovely update on your son, thanks for sharing :)

#14 .Jerry.

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:31 PM

That is wonderful news Mez!  I am so pleased that you have had some positive times.  Wishing you many more ahead.
I work with kids with vision impairment and Vision Australia has some great services.  
Good luck. x

#15 AmazonBabe

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:37 PM

Awesome news xoxo

#16 MooGuru

Posted 27 May 2016 - 11:53 PM

Yay! Hope scanxiety stays at bay and you all enjoy the freedom of no active treatment. God luck with all that's planned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.