Introductions

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#1 CKay

Posted 30 May 2016 - 09:58 AM

Hi!

Anyone else out there already got a BFP for Feb? Got mine on Saturday and estimating due date will be 3rd Feb 2017 from LMP. Am very nervous as it was a surprise, #1 is only 6 months old :yes: We were going to start trying in a few months anyway but this happened a lot sooner than expected!

#2 FrankieM

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:42 PM

Hello CKay!

I found out I'm pregnant today and am likely due on 3 February too!  First baby - so excited!

Frankie xx

#3 spitzmum

Posted 31 May 2016 - 07:34 AM

Hi all!

Had a positive BT yesterday :).  EDD is Feb 3rd.

Fingers crossed for a sticky one - we lost a little boy at the fm of Jan at 12wks (the genetic test indicated likely complications from Downs Syndrome)

Going to call and book in my OB today (last time my first choice OB was full at 4wks!)

Congrats CKay and Frankie :)

Edited by spitzmum, 31 May 2016 - 07:35 AM.

#4 CKay

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:15 AM

Congratulations Frankie and spitzmum! Wow all due on the same day potentially!

Sorry about your loss spitzmum. Hope this one is sticky and uneventful! I'm actually nervous to call my ob as it's so soon after DS. Ironically we seen her about two weeks ago at a shopping centre and DH said to her we'll hopefully be back to see you next year. Little did we know it would be a lot sooner!! I'm freakin out a little here, but in a good way lol

#5 MummaofMacey

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:32 AM

Hi fellow mummies to be! I am tentivley joining but super excited / super nervous I have an almost 2 year old little miss already and am so ready for the next step in our family although it wasn't planned! EDD 9th of Feb 😊

#6 spitzmum

Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:57 AM

Welcome MummaofMacey!

Love these surprise babies :)
Ours is an IVF pregnancy - no surprises (except when it works :lol:)

#7 Mummaduck8

Posted 31 May 2016 - 02:03 PM

Hi everyone!
Congrats to all...

I got my positive last Wednesday ( tested early as I felt so nauseous!) and was 3 weeks and 6 days day took test.

So I'm due February 2nd I think.

I'm going to see my dr this afternoon ( figured would wait till almost 5 weeks lol).

This is my third pregnancy. 1st I had miscarriage, then my almost 4 year old DS and now finally after years of trying pregnant again. Hoping everything goes ok with this one!

Looking forward to getting to know you all 😊

#8 MiaF

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:39 AM

Hi all!

It's all so exciting.  Congratulations!

I got my positive yesterday. Due 6 Feb. GP appointment booked for tomorrow. We are moving at the end of the year, so I have one OB booked for Sept (who will be delivering), and I need to organise another to keep track of the first two trimesters.

I have a 1 year old son who I hope is going to be the best big brother.

#9 spitzmum

Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:24 PM

Congrats MiaF and Mummaduck8 :)

I had a blood test on Monday and my results came back - hcg 720, progesterone 140 :) (at 17dpo/12dp5dt)

Anyone else get their BT results back yet?

#10 mikla9

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:10 PM

Hi all. Congrats!!

I am hoping to join too. According to my GP today my preconception BT from Saturday had notable hgc levels (I think it said 86 at 13 DPO), EDD 5 February for my 1st. I've book my first scan with my OB for the 17th June (and will take another BT late next week in prep for that appointment).

Fingers crossed for all of us that everything goes smoothly!

#11 MummaofMacey

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:40 AM

Well I'm out 😞 Passed a large clot and bleeding this morning. Even though it was an unplanned pregnancy still a bit sad. Hope everyone else has a smooth ride 😘

#12 spitzmum

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:46 PM

Oh no MummaofMacey :(

#13 CKay

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:31 PM

Sorry to hear mummaofmacey :(

Fingers crossed for everyone!

#14 Mummaduck8

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:07 PM

So sorry to hear mummaofmacey πŸ˜“πŸ˜“ sending lots of thoughts and hugs xx

#15 Sancti

Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:27 AM

So sorry to hear there's been a loss already  :(

I'm joining tentatively - not sure of due dates yet as I'm still breastfeeding my 8 month old and my cycle is irregular.  (So irregular that when we had an oopsie, I thought we'd be safe as I was sure my fertile period had been and gone!)

Felt the first vague symptoms a couple of weeks ago (pelvic pain, sore boobs when feeding) but thought they might be signs of an impending period ... until the BFP a few days ago!

Had a blood test yesterday morning and am booked in for a dating scan on the 15th, so will be anxiously waiting for an EDD until then.  

Best of luck to you all!  :)

#16 CKay

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:46 AM

Welcome Sancti. I'm still bf too, really hoping my supply doesnt drop too much as I want to keep going. Glad to see another oopsie, I've been feeling particularly foolish lol. I'm still shocked because I had PCO with DS and he took nearly a year of temping, OPKs, and everything you can think of short of assistance.

#17 spitzmum

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:58 PM

Welcome Sancti!

How is everyone feeling? Tiredness is my biggest issue - no nausea or other symptoms. I guess I'll be holding my breath about whether we are actually pregnant or not until our scan on 20/6. Feels like forever away!

#18 belamore

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:09 PM

Hi ladies,

I found out on Wednesday that I'm pregnant with my third. By my dates (which are a bit sketchy) due 6/2.

I'll be honest, I'm terrified!

Would love some support :)

Edited by belamore, 03 June 2016 - 05:09 PM.

#19 CKay

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:13 PM

Spitzmum, I'm feeling good so far just a bit tired. I'm a bit worried though as last time I was exhausted and sick from 6 weeks to 26 weeks. Not much fun. I hope I don't feel as sick or for as long this time mainly because my 6 month old still wakes up 4-5 times a night!

Welcome belamore!

#20 Sancti

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:29 PM

Thanks spitzmum!  :)  And welcome belamore - how old are your other two?

CKay, I think we have the same life!  Also feeling very sheepish with our oopsie, especially as I'm returning to work in a couple of months.  I also had terrible nausea/vomiting last time around which lasted from 6 or so weeks well into the second trimester.  It was the one symptom that I found really challenging during my pregnancy - I actually felt like a sick person and wasn't able to enjoy it at all.  This time around I'm just tired, but that's normal with a young baby I think!

Bubs is waking every 1-2 hours here and I largely feed her back to sleep.  As happy as I am about this pregnancy, one of my major concerns is that my milk might dry up or she might wean herself due to taste changes.  Hoping things work out!

#21 spitzmum

Posted 05 June 2016 - 09:18 AM

Welcome belamore!

Sancti - I've had a few friends get pg while BFing - they've all said that their supply has dropped a bit for a small period, but then picks back up later. One in particular had a bub that weaned at about 8-9 months, but then started up again after the new baby was born and she tandem fed.

I slept for 11hrs last night! At 5am I was woken by my 3yo and we snuggled in his bed together. Apparently he got up at 6:30am and woke up his dad to tell him that Mr3 wanted to scare me awake. Luckily hubby convinced him otherwise!

#22 belamore

Posted 05 June 2016 - 01:21 PM

Sancti, I have an almost 7 year old and a just turned 3 year old.

I'm mainly terrified because of my age (will be 39 when bubs arrives), my husbands job, as he is away for long periods and the fact that it felt like we were just starting to get our lives back including being back to work in a job I love.

My family are also notoriously unsupportive and have mentioned many times how mad we would be to go for a third. I haven't raised it with them yet..

Having said that, we both wanted another child. I just hope this fear subsides soon so I can enjoy and be thankful!

#23 spitzmum

Posted 05 June 2016 - 05:04 PM

That is such a shame that your family isn't supportive belamore :(

I know what you mean about feeling like your life is settled. I'm finally making strides in my career and my 3.5yo is actually starting to sleep through (he woke 4-5 times a night until he was 18 months, then 2-3 times until about 3yo)

#24 penguin03

Posted 05 June 2016 - 05:49 PM

Hi Ladies ,

Joining in here got my BFP this morning at 11dpo being ttc #2 for 2 cycles me and DH are over the moon have a 2 year old DS due date 17/2/2017

#25 Ally04

Posted 05 June 2016 - 06:12 PM

Hi all,

It looks like I'm expecting baby number 4. It was very unplanned and I'm not thrilled about it. My other kids are all older and I feel like it's going to set us back at least 10 years. I know you're not supposed to worry about what others say but I know my family are going to be pretty annoyed about it and that's not helping. I had obstetric cholestasis with my last pregnancy and that is concerning me too! Sorry for the emotion dump, i just have no one else to talk to about it at the moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.