Introductions

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#26 CKay

Posted 05 June 2016 - 06:46 PM

Sancti, I have the same concern, I really don't want my milk to dry up as I was planning to feed DS until at least 12months. I've actually just started using boobie bikkies hoping they'll help!

Spitzmum please dont tell me your 3 yr old took that long to sleep through ν ½νΈ‚ I'm scared now lol

Congrats penguin03!

Welcome Ally04. Hopefully you can find whatever support you need in this group!

#27 MiaF

Posted 06 June 2016 - 06:18 AM

Congrats and welcome Penguin03.

Ally04 and Belamore, sorry to hear of your concerns. It must be hard. You have us now for extra support :)

Spitzmum, I'm feeling tired! Last pregnancy I had morning sickness from week 6 to week 19, with a touch of HG thrown in too. Then bit more from week 23 or so. Wrapped up with reflux in the last trimester. Joys of pregnancy!  Hopefully tiredness is the only thing I get. With a 1yr old who is wanting to drop his one and only nap, don't know how I'd go with other symptoms.

Has anyone shared their news yet? I am yet to. Thinking of letting my parents know as part of my father's bday gift in a couple of weeks.  Hehe, I'm cheap.

#28 spitzmum

Posted 06 June 2016 - 09:34 AM

Welcome penguin03 :)

Welcome Ally04!  And dump away - besides our partners, I don't think any of us have told other people - it is hard without a support network.

CKay - I'm pretty sure my DS3 is just an unusual case :lol: and we are mostly attached parenting in style - so CC/CIO isn't somewhere we were willing to go. Of course, now he's great - to the point where he doesn't want to come into our bed for morning cuddles - he loves his own bed too much! I was also willing to indulge him - it took us 4yrs of IVF and close to $100k - so I treated him like he would be our only child.

MiaF - my parents know - but they knew where we were in our IVF cycle (having to look after Mr3 when I had my transfer) - but not telling anyone else yet. Probably not until 12-13 wk scan. We told our families last time at 8wks (on Xmas day) and they were so devastated when we lost him at 12wks :(

#29 MiaF

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:19 AM

Spitzmum, nice to know there is another AP parent in the group. Last time I waited until after 13-14weeks (only a very small handful knew before). I think something happening is always playing in the back of my mind, so noone knows yet. I am so sorry for your loss and sending you sticky dust.

Days feel like they are dragging  a bit. It's only been a week since I found out. Trimester 1 feels sooo long. Another 3 weeks til first scan.

#30 Mummaduck8

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:43 AM

Welcome newbies!!
I'm
At work and hard to use my phone... Which I shouldt be lol.

My almost 4 year old DS doesn't sleep through yet. He's had a lot of medical issues like reflux and few other things that haven't helped though.
He still thankfully has a nap each day. Otherwise I wouldn't make it through the day at moment I'm
So tired!  He hops in our bed every night. He sleeps much better with us and I'm to the point I don't care as long as I get sleep. I figure he is unlikely to be 18& in there πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

My main symptoms are tiredness and feeling like I'm going to puke all day with nausea. Was the same with my son too but pukes throw in there lol.

We have told my parents and hubbys dad and sister. Oh and I told a 3 girls from my mums group ( we are our own group who talk daily). They are people we would tell if anything went wrong too.
Since I had mc for my first pregnancy and then last pregnancy we figured who are our best support!

I'm having first scan on 21/6... Feels forever away lol.

#31 teganj

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:05 PM

Hi ladies...found out yesterday baby number 3 is on board had a very high risk pregnancy 3 yrs ago so am pretty nervous with how it will play out..had bloods done this morning..hope you're all feeling great.

#32 spitzmum

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:35 PM

Welcome teganj and congrats :) hope it is much smoother this time around :)

Days really do feel like they are dragging! 2 weeks until our scan - trying not to count down the days.

My belly was already bloated from IVF drugs and the extra progesterone I'm taking is giving me a very definite bump. Trying to wear chunky winter jumpers to make it look less noticeable (lucky the weather is perfect for it in Sydney). I'm also yawning at my 12pm meeting right now - maybe I'll have a nap in my office later this arvo :lol:

#33 CKay

Posted 07 June 2016 - 02:58 PM

Spitzmum we wont do CC in any form either. But DS doesnt even want to sleep in our bed, we've tried. He just wakes up for no obvious reason. I really hope he improves soon. I could handle wakings a couple times a night but last night was hourly after 3am.

Welcome teganj! Hope you have a smooth pregnancy this time.

We haven't told anyone yet. Will probably tell my immediate family this weekend. Probably wait a bit longer to tell DHs as they all live overseas. I have my dating scan next Tuesday, I'm getting excited!

#34 spitzmum

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:38 PM

Ooh - so excited that your scan is next week!

#35 Mummaduck8

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:47 PM

Spitzmum & Ckay we don't do any CC either.
My DS is such a snuggle bum not sure how we will go when bubs here. I will just put the cot next to my side of bed and he can still hop in between us if he needs. Then Bub won't get squashed!!

That's so exciting your scan is next week. I'm counting down to mine too!!!

#36 Mummaduck8

Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:38 PM

So my constant nausea has turned into puking today! 😷😷 6 weeks tomorrow 😊😊

#37 SamSam2011

Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:15 PM

Hi everyone
I found out a couple of weeks ago I was pregnant... Avoiding getting excited yet as I had a miscarriage last year when only the sack developed :(
According to my calculations, if all goes to plan... I will be due 1st Feb.
I have been doing acupuncture for the last few cycles to help my PCOS to avoid medications.
I have a 6 week scan tomorrow and really hope there is more than a sack and everything is up to what it should be... Then I can get excited.
Nausea kicked in on Monday night and I have worked out that I need to eat every hour!!! Who has time for that?

#38 spitzmum

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:57 PM

Oh no Mummaduck8 :(

Welcome & tentative congrats Samsam2011 :)
I sort of know how you feel - we had a scan 2 days before Xmas at 8wks that showed a wriggling bub but then lost him at 12wks. My scan isn't until 7w3d and I am so nervous :/ Fingers crossed for both of us :)

#39 SamSam2011

Posted 09 June 2016 - 12:27 PM

Yes fingers crossed :)
2 hours to go until my scan and counting. I feel very different this time taking it a positive sign but really don't want to hear bad news.

#40 spitzmum

Posted 09 June 2016 - 05:41 PM

How did it go Samsam2011?

The nausea can take a hike - it's hard to be a teacher when you're trying not to chuck on the students!

#41 SamSam2011

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:11 PM

spitzmum I saw a little heart beat today :)
She said 6w5d but that's too many days via my ovulation chart but I will take it :)
P.S. I'm a preschool teacher... Lucky other people are in the room lol

#42 teganj

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:51 PM

Congratulations samsam2011

I had my bloods done Monday (79) and yesterday they were 200...im 5 weeks tomorrow...r they too low?

#43 spitzmum

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:05 PM

I've just checked on Betabase
http://www.betabase....rt/basic/single

The avg level is a bit higher - but it's all about what happens between 2 tests. 79 on Monday and 200 on Thursday is on the right track. It should double every 48-72hrs.

Is it possible to get another BT on Saturday? You'd hope to see a level of 400-500

Edited by spitzmum, 09 June 2016 - 09:07 PM.

#44 spitzmum

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:09 PM

And congrats Samsam2011!

I teach uni students - so I can set them a "surprise" task and duck out if I feel a bit yuck.

#45 Mummaduck8

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:52 PM

That's such wonderful news Samsam2011!!! You must feel so relieved.

I'm anxious for my scan too. Since first pregnancy was mc for me, then my son who is almost 4, but still worry.

Went to dr today and have meds for morning/all day& night sickness now

#46 teganj

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:28 PM

Sorry it was 79 Monday 200 Wednesday and im going again tomorrow, so fingers crossed..Has anybody around 5 weeks been for a scan?

#47 spitzmum

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:29 AM

I haven't been for a scan at 5wks - but I'm not sure if that would be far enough along to see anything besides the pole and sac. I don't think a heart beat would be present at 5wks, normally around the 6wk mark.

#48 MiaF

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:20 PM

Dating scan is in two week (at 7+4), second scan three weeks after that with ob, so with any luck I will see something. Last pregnancy all I really saw was sac for ages. Hoping for really clear ultrasound images with this bub.

Still incredibly fatigued. 1yr old is going to be later than me at the moment. I think I am getting a bit of nausea too.

PS. SamSam and spitzmum, I'm a primary teacher...any high school teachers in the group to complete the set?

#49 spitzmum

Posted 10 June 2016 - 01:03 PM

I bought some Sea Bands today - a life saver for the nausea!

#50 belamore

Posted 10 June 2016 - 01:11 PM

It's hit me today, I feel terrible.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to ask, but wondering if at some point there will be a FB group for this page?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.