Due in February 2017 Chat Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
225 replies to this topic

#26 Wonderstruck

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:00 PM

Time seems to be moving slowly...I don't feel like I can say I'm pregnant. Our parents and siblings know and we have told a select few friends only because they've been in the know about the IVF and have been such a support.

The days to scan are dragging I'm only 4w2d. Somehow though I am super bloated and have been so uncomfortable in my stockings at work. I'm tempted to get some maternity ones for next week though it seems a little crazy!!! Lucky tomorrow is casual clothes at work.

My hospital sent through an info pack and the info on classes said to book by 10w...crazy.

I'm starving all the time, it's crazy and if I don't eat I feel sick! I also seem to be getting heart burn on and off which is annoying...

I can't wait till the 7w scan and 12 weeks so I can relax and enjoy the fact I'm pregnant.

Hope everyone else is going ok.

#27 MrsB83

Posted 24 June 2016 - 06:41 AM

Jzryan and laciem - I think I'm in the same boat as you. First time pregnant and happened a lot faster than I had thought. OH found out he had a low sperm count when he was young, so I was mentally prepared for a long time of trying. Then got pregnant on the second month. I know we are very lucky, one of my friends has been trying for 3 yrs.

OH is over the moon - I let him tell his family as he really wanted to tell them. I on the other hand feel anxious,I've had a couple of friends who had early mc. Then aside from that I'm dreading how it's all going to fit in with work. So I haven't told anyone yet. I think i will feel better after the 8 week scan when I can hear the hb. It just all feels very unknown and unfamiliar at the moment.

#28 MrsB83

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:03 AM

Wow McBubba, I haven't booked anything yet. I'm seeing my GP today to get all my BT results. I'll have to get into action after that.

#29 Wonderstruck

Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:20 AM

I got a head start as IVF pregnancies use a blood test the day after missed AF so you find out early.

My hospital is popular and CBD OBs can be popular too.

I'm mainly just crazy and excited lol. You've got time

I'm seeing my GP tomorrow.

Good luck for your results :)

#30 jzryan

Posted 24 June 2016 - 11:48 AM

Hi MrsB83 and laciem, sounds like we are all in a similar position. laciem - I'm 30 as well and did the whole putting off pregnancy for as long as possible. I figured 30 was going to be the right time to do it, but I'm so anxious! I keep thinking - have I done the right thing? Is the time right? How am I going to do this? I saw my GP today who has referred me to an OBGYN. I think I need some anxiety support for the next few weeks though.

#31 laciem

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:46 PM

I haven't been to the GP yet.

One of my parents works in this exact field and I'd love to get their advice first, however I'm also very cautious as this is potentially their first grandchild (and I'm not the eldest child) so I'd love to be reasonably sure everything is going well before getting them too excited.

Is it worth going to a GP before I've made decisions like private vs public, who I want to care for me during the pregnancy, etc?

#32 Wonderstruck

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:17 PM

There's no harm in going to the GP now. If you decide to go private you could go back to get a referral and  your GP might be able to give you some pointers/things to consider in making your decision.

The GP also will likely know which hospital you are zoned for. My GP is actually a share care GP and my hospital is RPA but I've decided to go private.

I'm hoping the GP can put me at ease as I think I'm going to be nervous until my 7 week scan, which is 2.5 weeks way. First bub and IVF, it's making me nervous something might go wrong.

#33 Mummaduck8

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:50 PM

Welcome and Congrats to all newbies in here!

Love bug- I'm just over 8 weeks. The day I had scan I was 7 weeks 6 days. Baby looked kinda like jelly bean but can make out head and bottom/legs. They could also see the placenta starting and rements of yolk etc.

#34 angieB75

Posted 25 June 2016 - 12:40 AM

Hi ladies, I am looking forward to first scan too. It's a big milestone. But I do know, from previous pregnancies, that as soon as you reach one, there's another one you just have to get too! I thought the 2ww was bad but the waiting for pregnancy milestones are worse!! So happy to have this support network though X

#35 mirandarine

Posted 25 June 2016 - 07:15 AM

Im looking forward to my scan, however my GP wont do it until 9 weeks. Boo! Thats 3.5 weeks away! I might go stir crazy waiting. He has given my blue book (Im in Qld) so things are starting to feel real. Im just taking daily folate for now. Has anyone discussed this with their Dr yet?

#36 Orionstar

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:32 AM

Hi!

Congratulations to all. Wishing you all a wonderful pregnancy.

We found out we were pregnant the day ee returned from our honeymoon! Bit of a shock to say the least.

Due the 19th of feb 2017. So apparently  5 weeks and 6 days. We nicked named it poppy! - was the size of a poppy seed when we found out.

HCG last week was 588 i think.

This is my first pregnancy - I'm anxious alot atm. My husband thinks I'm steessing too much! Although my body has changed alot already!

#37 Wonderstruck

Posted 25 June 2016 - 03:55 PM

Congrats Orionstar. How exciting, what a roller-coaster having just come back from your honeymoon.

I hear you about body changes... My boobs hurt so will have to look into those eventually. I've been super bloated all week and today at 4w4d its gone down. Grabbed some maternity stockings for work. Its very early and I'll only have limited bump through winter but my normal tights hurt when I bloat out as the day goes on.

DH was too sick to get his whooping cough vaccine today so he's booked in for next weekend. GP gave me the OB referal and already had prenatal bloods done before starting IVF.

Im anxious too as this is my first.Time just seems to crawl waiting for the 7 week scan...

#38 Orionstar

Posted 25 June 2016 - 06:06 PM

Hi McBubba2016

Thank you and congratulations to you as well!!

It's reassuring to see everyone with the same symptoms.  I'm not alone!
Ive been a crazy lady for the past two days....poor family lol.

Scan at 7 weeks!! You're lucky. I have to wait untill i see my OB at 9 weeks.  Hope it goes well

#39 laciem

Posted 25 June 2016 - 06:37 PM

My only symptom at the moment is BOOBS. They are seriously huge. I'm waiting for someone to comment on them.

I'm a bit terrified how big they might end up if they keep growing.

#40 Wonderstruck

Posted 25 June 2016 - 06:39 PM

I think my scan is early so my FS can discharge me to an OB as we did IVF. You'll likely see more at your scan, mine is quite early!

Yep. My bloating varies but it's crazy given the baby is a poppy seed size.

I can't sleep on my stomach because my boobs are sensitive and if I brush past something or somethibg they're sensitive but that and the heartburn is all I'm feeling for now.

I'm also having restless sleep but that may be the excitement/nerves

#41 MrsB83

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:29 AM

I'm definitely having symptoms too, even though it's early. I had insomnia early last week, and was absolutely exhausted the rest of the week. I've also been pretty bloated.

Just my nipples are tender, I'm hoping my boobs don't get much bigger as I'm already an E

#42 Minimel03

Posted 27 June 2016 - 03:59 PM

Gosh it's so great to see more ladies joining us!!
I've been AWOL for a few days very busy with work then went a few hours out of Syd to visit my bestie for her sons 1st birthday over the weekend.
I've managed to get the cold DS was sick with last week so I'm shattered, man it sucks not being able to take the good drugs anymore!
Between a sick DS last week and DH having broken his collarbone last week playing soccer and therefore being next to useless I'm SO tired!
Sore boobs and bloating too here which ok happy about really. In the past my loss of symptoms was my first sign of an impending mc so happy to have the symptoms happening!
4 more days until our scan.

#43 Wonderstruck

Posted 27 June 2016 - 08:13 PM

I had a cold the day I got my BFP it's awful as you can't do much but rest! I know the feeling Minimel.

I'm also rocking the sore boobs and bloating. Like you the symptoms are some comfort as I'm 2 weeks away from scan and its dragging!

Otherwise trying to keep warm, its freezing in Sydney!

#44 kyabells

Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:26 PM

I think from recollection I feel more nauseous this time round than with DS.
The heart burn has started in the last couple of days. I had it shocking with him.
Occasional sore boobs, constipated, bloated, sooo gassy (burping ALL the time), super tired. Ahhh it's all so glamorous.
First scan on Monday !. I find the first 3 months dragged last time, then the end. Then DS rocked up 2 weeks early.

#45 Wonderstruck

Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:42 PM

I had bad heartburn in my 2ww and in 4th week.

I'm 5 weeks today. Boobs still hurt and have a bit of insomnia. I'm hungry all the time and today felt shattered at midday till late afternoon when I perked up.

Waiting for the nausea to hit...

Time to scan is dragging!

#46 Tra_#2

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:47 PM

Hi all!

I just had my 7 week scan yesterday and all is great so far so thought I'm ready to join in here now. Due 10th feb. This is number #2 for us and DD is almost 3. This Bub was our first round of IVF after many months of trying other things. Only feeling tired and bloated so far. Waiting for the ms to hit. Hoping to get to know you all.

#47 ~A2~

Posted 04 July 2016 - 01:39 PM

Hi ladies

Hope you are all going well.

As per our guidelines at the top of the page references to and comments about Facebook pages etc have been edited out.

Regards

Ali

EB/EK Moderator

#48 Wonderstruck

Posted 04 July 2016 - 06:13 PM

How's everyone else going today. I'm 5w6d Being a slacker today. Migraine nausea plus m/s and can't seem to shake the throbbing headache. Bossing DH around and feeling guilty about it lol.

Only a week till my scan which is super exciting!!!

#49 laciem

Posted 04 July 2016 - 07:34 PM

Congratulations to all the new people here :)

Since I last checked in I packed myself off to see a doctor and finally got referrals for blood tests and a scan. The morning sickness has come on now too and I am hoping that it doesn't last too long.

Still trying to work through this public vs private decision making stuff. Everyone I speak to recommends public but then why do I have private health care and why do people go private?

#50 Wonderstruck

Posted 04 July 2016 - 07:44 PM

A lot of people go public even if they have PHI party because of the cost. You'll still have potenially thousands in out of pocket fees even with insurance.

I'm going private as I'm more comfortable that way. I want the same doctor all the time who can liaise with my endocrinologist(for my hypothyroidism) easily and know my history. I also like being able to choose my doctor etc.

You need to decide what is best for you and what is important for you.

I live a few km for Syd CBD and work in the CBD thus the close and convenient OBs charge a lot and my out of pocket costs will be double some OBs in the suburbs. That said it doesn't seem to bad to us after paying out of pocket costs for IVF so we could genetically test out embryos to screen for a genetic condition (that part is thousands as there is no rebate)

It's a touch choice and a personal one...good luck!

Edited by McBubba2016, 04 July 2016 - 07:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.