Due in February 2017 Chat Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
225 replies to this topic

#51 laciem

Posted 04 July 2016 - 09:32 PM

I was thinking that since this is #1 private might be better as I might expect more support? I don't have a lot of family close by so I might appreciate the extra attention.

I live in the CBD though so am in the catchment area for the most advanced public hospital which seems like a great place to be should anything go wrong.

Not too fussed about the out of pocket costs, assuming they don't vastly exceed $5000 that is.

#52 Wonderstruck

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:47 AM

I'd pick the hospital and enquire with some OBs that deliver there to get an idea of costs. I live in the Inner West (Rozelle) and am pretty sure my public would be RPA as my GP does share care through there.

Suppose it depends if having same doctor and choice of doctor is important to you.

It really is a tough decision as health care in Aus is really good. I wanted my choice for it all and an OB at all times given my medical history.

I'm going to the Mater in North Sydney. I also could have gone to North Shore Private or private wings of other hospitals near by. Picking a hospital in North Syd means I can fly past the city rather than through and get there pretty quickly from my place.

Edited by McBubba2016, 05 July 2016 - 07:48 AM.

#53 mirandarine

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:01 PM

Mcbubba Im off to the endo on Mo day to get a care plan sorted for my pregnancy. Have you needed to increase your meds yet? So far so good for me. Im on 100mg synthyroid daily and I dont have the fweling that it needs to be increased personally. I guess my bloods will tell whethwr it is needed yet. Ill know monday.

#54 Wonderstruck

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:21 PM

I was on 50 before TTC, then during routine bloods in prep for TTC my TSH was 10 (I had only had it checked a few months earlier) so went up to 75 then 100 on week days and 100 on weekends.

On getting my BFP I'm on 100 daily.

I had bloods today so will see what endo says on Thursday. I don't think I'll need an increase now but perhaps in a few weeks.

Endo said to expect it being out of whack till third trimester.

Hopefully you don't need a change and all is well.

Morning sickness has hit me hard! Anyone struggling to focus at work? All day nausea and starving but struggling to eat! I hope it doesn't get worse.

I'm 6 weeks today and scan next Monday, super excited!

#55 MrsB83

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:11 PM

Hi everyone, hi to the new ladies. I was quiet for a while as I got big time morning sickness last week. Wednesday was the worst - finally stopped throwing up about 8:30am when I managed to keep down a piece of dry toast. Managed to make my way to work. Ended up telling my boss as I was so sick (he guessed anyway). Unfortunately I needed to stay at work until 6pm, got off the bus on the way home and promptly threw up on the footpath. I hope I don't have too many days like that! I've been generally feeling nauseous and fragile since - could barely even look at my phone. The last two days I've improved a lot.

First scan is on Monday, I'll be 8W then. Very exciting!

#56 MrsB83

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:26 PM

I don't have private cover for pregnancy - I never upgraded as financially it was a big jump. I was considering upgrading it if we were going to have to go down the ivf route, but got lucky and it all happened super quickly.

I was hoping to go to Westmead as I work at Westmead. However, I talked to the midwives and they said I would miss out on post-natal care such as midwife visits to my home if I went out of my local area. It's my first baby, so I could use the extra support. So I'm stuck with Blacktown which should be ok, but inconvenient for fitting appointments in with work.

#57 tresnja

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:28 PM

Hi everyone!
My husband and I went for our 7 week scan and saw the heartbeat today which was exciting (and emotional!). We are due on the 19th of Feb. Booked for our OB/GYN visit at Westmead Private on the 27th July.
We have been using Natural Family Planning since January and this is our first pregnancy :yes:

#58 Wonderstruck

Posted 06 July 2016 - 04:03 PM

Welcome Tresjna

Mirandarine - you might be surprised with your TSH - I had a slight increase in meds on getting my BFP (100 extra a week) and had bloods yesterday (I was exactly 6 weeks), seeing endo tomorrow but my FS called to say my TSH was 3.05 - they like it under 2.5 and really around 1 so even early in pregnancy its already out of whack!!!

#59 mirandarine

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:35 AM

Welcome Tresjna!

McBubba- yes Ive been doing some reading and have found the same. Im on my way to get bloods before work today ready for the appt on Monday. Im glad to be well cared for thats for sure!

As for me- I still dont feel pregnant... i do have some feeling of a very heavy utuerus I guess. Kind of the feeling I get the day before AF. I have intermittent tingling in the breasts and major gagging when I brush my teeth (something that plagued me during my previous pregnancies) but that is it. Part of me is scared that something isn't right. The other part of me is stoked that this is it for now!

Edited by mirandarine, 07 July 2016 - 07:36 AM.

#60 Wonderstruck

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:19 AM

I've had the cramping sort of AF on the door step on and off too. The some days worse than others. Have morning sickness but fingers crossed working out how to keep it under control. If I don't eat before I get ravenous I end up feeling terrible.

I wouldn't worry mirandarine, people's symptoms vary a lot! When is your scan? Mine is Monday and I'm hoping it puts my mind at ease a bit!

I'm 6w2d today and 12 weeks can't come soon enough, I want to be out!

#61 MrsShine

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:33 AM

Hi everyone,

Congrats on your pregnancies!

I am now 7.5wks and due Feb 20th, I didn't feel comfortable joining in before as we were pregnant earlier in the year (found out in Feb) and meant to be due in Nov but we lost the baby at 8.5wks and I had a D&C and complications afterwards in April so I was quite shocked to be pregnant again so soon. Very happy to be though!

We also have a 2.5 year old DD. I'm 36 and this will be our last bub so fingers crossed for a smooth pregnancy & healthy baby.
I had a dating scan on Monday when I was exactly 7 wks as I wasn't too sure on dates and baby had a nice strong HB and measuring spot on which is quite different to the baby we lost who at my booking appointment with OB at 8wks had a very slow heartbeat and was measuring 10 days behind.

I'm based in Sydney south/east and going private with my same OB as last time at POW private hospital.

I have a wonderful DIG from my daughter that's still going strong.

X

Edited by ~A2~, 07 July 2016 - 06:24 PM.

#62 Wonderstruck

Posted 07 July 2016 - 06:14 PM

Welcome Mrs Shine.

Had endo appointment today another slight increase to thyroxine and repeat bloods in 4 weeks (10 weeks) further bloods at 16 weeks and another consult then.

Bit worried, I'm 6w2d - cramping all damn day that feels like AF. Hanging out for my 7 week scan on Monday. Had cramping on and off whole time but not this much thus far.

Hope everyone is well.

Edited by McBubba2016, 07 July 2016 - 06:14 PM.

#63 Minimel03

Posted 08 July 2016 - 07:22 AM

McBubba I'm pretty sure cramping can be a result of your increase in thyroxin too? My sis is only a week or 2 behind me (we're going to be very close! May even be in hosp at the same time lol) and she has hypothyroidism too.  Her thyroxin has had to go up heaps! She was on 50mcg and she's gone up to 150, maybe 200 depending on how her bloods go!

Good luck for those who have scans on Monday, I hope this weekend goes quickly for you!

I'm 7 + 4 today...half thinking about getting myself one of those apps again to tell me how bub is growing...I'm so far almost over the hurdle of where I've lost bubs in the past with my previous mc's, so I'm getting more and more optimistic every day.  

Mirandarine I don't have many symptoms either, except being tired (I've been having a little nap when DS goes down too lately!) and a little queasy in the mornings if I don't eat soon after I get up.  But even the sore boobs have eased off, so like McBubba said there's a wide range of symptoms!

#64 Wonderstruck

Posted 08 July 2016 - 08:36 AM

That's cool about you and your sister MiniMel03!

So nice to hear you're getting more confident, I go through waves but hope the scan will mostly set my mind at ease.

I've had so many dosage changes on 50 for years, then 75 when I started IVF, then 100 on week days and 50 on weekends, then 100 everyday once I got my BFP and now 100 every day except Sundays which is 200!

Thanks for the reassurance about cramps, they settled after a BM today - sorry that's a bit gross to say.

I thought I had a handle on the nausea as I felt great yesterday and here I am at work feeling horrendous today :(

#65 Minimel03

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:19 AM

That's good that you're feeling nauseous though I guess! ;)
Man that must drive you insane with all the constant med changes!!

I find I've had really bad gas cramps too actually now that you mention it!! One of the (many) glamorous sides of pregnancy eh? Haha

#66 Wonderstruck

Posted 10 July 2016 - 05:34 PM

It's going to be a long night and wait till tomorrows scan, just started bleeding a little. Nurses said its likely ok but got to wait it out.

#67 MrsB83

Posted 10 July 2016 - 08:40 PM

Fingers crossed for you McBubba. I hope everything is ok. It must be quite frightning for you right now. Good luck

#68 Wonderstruck

Posted 11 July 2016 - 12:03 PM

I don't know how to feel yet. Will feel better when we talk to FS and OB.

Saw a heartbeat of 130bpm at 6w6d - bhCg is 85,000, progesterone is 60.1.

Bubs measured right for the dates and no evident cause on ultrasound for bleeding.

I'm seeing my OB on Wed and they'll do another scan in two weeks.

They've also arranged for the doctor looking at the scan to call and reassure me.

FX it stays this way - still a lot of gross. grainy brown CM.

Bleeding at this stage unexplained.

#69 mirandarine

Posted 11 July 2016 - 02:03 PM

Oh McBubba what a scare! Im so glad that the scan is ok. I had a similar event in my second pregnancy and she ia now 10. I have everything crossed for you xx

#70 Wonderstruck

Posted 11 July 2016 - 02:06 PM

Very scary! Seems it happens to a lot of people

#71 mirandarine

Posted 11 July 2016 - 05:50 PM

So I had my blood test results with the endo today. Tsh is 2.4 so no need to increase meds just yet.he says it will increase by 50% throughout the pregnancy so just to sit tight and have bloods every 6 weeks. Thats it! Im off to GP tomorrow for initial blood tests results. Fingers crossed all ok there.

#72 Wonderstruck

Posted 11 July 2016 - 05:56 PM

Excellent, your TSH is behaving :)

I'm sure all will be fine with the GP.

I managed to track my prenatal bloods from FS to take to OB on Wed.

Feel a little more relaxed after speaking with the doctor who reports on the scans. She was very positive and said all was perfect on the scan.

Hopefully the spotting stops and OB can reassure me!

#73 MrsB83

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:53 PM

I'm glad everything turned out ok mcbubba. I hope it continues to go well.

I had my first scan today - spot on 8w1d as I thought. Heart beat and everything is was perfect. Very happy 😊. I'm going to tell my parents this weekend. It'll be their first grandchild, so very exciting

#74 Wonderstruck

Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:02 PM

Your parents will be so excited! Mine and DHs know because of the IVF first grandchild in the family too for us!

#75 MrsB83

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:44 PM

I've organised lunch with my family for sunday, to tell everybody. Quite exciting, although I'm slightly nervous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.