Over 40 and TTC with IVF/ICSI #29

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
115 replies to this topic

#101 Theia

Posted 17 July 2018 - 11:21 AM

7 eggs, much better than 3 from last cycle. Off for a nap now.

#102 Blue Lavender

Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:00 PM

It pays to go back to back doesn't it? We just have to keep soldiering on. Good work Theia.

#103 Blue Lavender

Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:17 PM

Theia- I hope you got a good fertilisation rate. You can have a rest tomorrow, awaiting day 3. My next step is Friday blood test, I hope my oestrogen is rising as it should. Hope you have treated yourself to a nice glass of wine or whatever your fancy is- what a great effort you have put in.

#104 Theia

Posted 18 July 2018 - 11:02 PM

Hi blue lavendar, got the call today and all 7 have fertilised normally, can't ask for more than that! It just amazes me the difference between last cycle and this one, we used all the same doses and such a different result. Unfortunately due to a family emergency I haven't had time to sit back and rest but I'm planning some time off after surgery next month to relax and regroup. Thanks for being here for me, you've definitely helped keep me sane during this crazy process! Here's hoping we both get some good results on friday.

#105 Theia

Posted 20 July 2018 - 10:21 AM

Thinking of you BL, hope those estrogen levels are rising nicely.

#106 Theia

Posted 21 July 2018 - 08:55 AM

How did your results go BL?

#107 Blue Lavender

Posted 21 July 2018 - 01:49 PM

well done Theia. I am so thrilled for you. I found when I was doing this 2 years ago and got a bad result the only thing that kept me going was to go back to back cycles and eventually I got there. So yes oestrogen is the highest its been on day 5,  so far, so good.  The dr did up the bemfola this time, so thats good. I'm thinking that you have past the day 3 update? How is that going. I hope everything is ok with the family emergency. You should take some time out to treat yourself and reflect on your hard work.

#108 Blue Lavender

Posted 23 July 2018 - 10:35 PM

How are you Theia.

My EC will probably be next Monday. That means Tuesday wine time.

#109 Theia

Posted 24 July 2018 - 05:46 AM

Sounds like things are progressing well BL, hope you get a few good ones.

From all 7 still going on day 3 (5 "on track"), only one made it to biopsy. Feeling quite down about it all at the moment.

#110 Blue Lavender

Posted 24 July 2018 - 04:57 PM

Theia the 8 month old screaming at me for this computer is the only one that made it to biopsy.

#111 Blue Lavender

Posted 24 July 2018 - 05:54 PM

I should also add that at the time I only had the 1 to biopsy, I was very disappointed. Since then I have had high FSH levels which have prevented me to start, had none to test by day 5 and had a cycle cancelled. The benchmark for day 5 is so high, so you are in with a very good chance.

#112 Blue Lavender

Posted 28 July 2018 - 01:06 PM

How are you Theia? I am triggering tonight for collection Monday.

#113 Theia

Posted 30 July 2018 - 07:43 AM

Good luck today BL, hope you get a few good ones.

#114 Blue Lavender

Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:54 AM

only 3 eggs , which is a bit deflating. I guess wait and see.

#115 Theia

Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:00 PM

Sorry to hear that, how many were you expecting? Will you get a fertilisation report or just wait for day 5?

#116 Blue Lavender

Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:27 PM

well I have always got 5, so this is the worst. anyway I'm glad its done. how are you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.