Over 40 and TTC with IVF/ICSI #29

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
115 replies to this topic

#26 Blue Lavender

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:27 PM

Theia- good luck for Wednesday!

#27 Theia

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:42 PM

Thanks Blue Lavender! I turned 40 earlier this year, this will be my first embryo transfer. I'm not feeling terribly confident due to lining issues, and yet I doubt that will ease the disappointment if I get a bfn. This process sure is tough.

Sounds like you've been through a lot yourself, sorry your last cycle was cancelled. When do you expect to start your next cycle?

#28 Blue Lavender

Posted 19 April 2018 - 01:09 PM

Theia- how did you go? I am going to sit a month out. I had such a bad response last time and not sure if I pushed myself too early after having a baby. So it probably won't be for another 8 weeks, which does seem like ages. I am starting to think if the next one gets cancelled or no egg collection,  I might call it quits and count my blessings at one. When I was doing IVF 2 years ago I did want a couple of embryos on ice, but it wasn't meant to be.

Edited by Blue Lavender, 19 April 2018 - 02:09 PM.

#29 Blue Lavender

Posted 01 May 2018 - 04:50 PM

Theia - any news??

#30 Theia

Posted 02 May 2018 - 11:52 AM

Hi Blue Lavendar, after a promising start with a good hcg level on saturday, the lines unfortunately started fading over the last few days and a repeat blood test today confirmed that this is not going to be the cycle I get my rainbow baby. Feeling a bit defeated and wondering if it's time to give up.

#31 Blue Lavender

Posted 02 May 2018 - 02:29 PM

I am so sorry theia. the highs then the low. thank you for letting me know. how many cycles have you done? what does your dr say?

#32 Blue Lavender

Posted 02 May 2018 - 02:44 PM

theia my first embryo didn't take but the second did.

#33 Theia

Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:07 PM

This was my first ivf transfer but I have had 6 other losses prior to starting ivf.  We have done two stim cycles to get 3 pgs normal embryos. Dr thought our chances weren't great due to my lining issues and had suggested surrogacy but we decided that wasn't for us so I guess we'll push forward with transfers of the last two embryos.

#34 Blue Lavender

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:35 PM

Theia sorry to hear you have already been through so much. Your 2 remaining embryos are your little packages of hope.

#35 MagsJee

Posted 05 May 2018 - 05:01 PM

Hi ladies,

That's a lot to go through Theia, what a long and trying journey for you.  I hope your remaining embryos will be two bundles of happiness.

And it seems you have a difficult path as well Blue Lavender.  It's such a difficult decision to figure out when to stop trying :(  I hope you also have success in your next cycle.

I'm midway through my 40th year and cycling at the moment (just had my 3rd EPU with 2 cancelled cycles sprinkled in between), trying for a second little one.  We did 5 cycles of ICSI nearly 4 years ago to get our daughter and decided that we wanted another.

#36 Blue Lavender

Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:44 AM

Hi magsjee. Glad to hear from you. Was a bit lonely here.  How is your cycle going?  I will start another cycle in about 2 weeks. The issue I have is that my husband has a genetic condition so anything I have is cut down by 50 percent. When I did Ivf 2 years ago I had 14 embryos tested and 11 of those embryos had the genetic condition.  So it's a shame that I did not get a chance to freeze anything.  I had 2 embryos that were good to use one didn't take and the other is my very active little boy.  Theia hope you are doing ok and enjoying the time in between,  when do you think you will do your next transfer?

#37 MamaNita

Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:44 PM

Hi Ladies...hoping I can join.

I am 42, turning 43 later this year. I have a DS11 and my partner has x3 DD's and we are trying for our very own. My DS was conceived via IVF/ICSI no 4, so it was a sure bet I would need IVF.

I have my nurses appointment on the 7th June - off to a slow start, given I had my FS over 6 weeks ago. Bloods have been done so looking forward to getting on with it!

Theia - hope you are being kind to yourself.
Blue Lavender - I too am a shocking responder. I have done 6 cycles, 3 of those cancelled.
Magsjee - how is this cycle going?

#38 Blue Lavender

Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:50 PM

Hi Good to welcome you Mama Nita. I have picked up my meds so waiting at the moment for another cycle to start. 2 years ago in an effort to have an embryo on ice I wasn't able to start 2 cycles as FSH too high. This year I didn't get to egg collection, as poor response. So hoping this time I at least get to egg collection.
Magsjee - how are you going?

#39 Theia

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:29 AM

Have you started stims yet BlueLavender? Crossing my fingers you get a good response this cycle.

MagsJee, sorry this cycle didn't work out, fingers crossed for your fet.

Welcome MamaNita, hope the next few weeks pass quickly for you.

AFM, life has been a little hectic which gave me a break from thinking about ivf. I've been on estrogen for 2 weeks now and my lining is stuck at 4mm (same as last cycle) so I expect we'll go ahead with a transfer early next week.

#40 Blue Lavender

Posted 23 May 2018 - 02:18 PM

Hi Theia. I have started my Bemfola so tonight will be day 2 of stims. Step by step so hoping at this stage on Saturday morning I will find out my estrogen level is rising better than last time. Good luck for the transfer Theia. Thinking of you.

#41 Theia

Posted 28 May 2018 - 05:58 PM

Hi BlueLavendar - how are stims going? Hope it's all going smoothly for you.

#42 Blue Lavender

Posted 28 May 2018 - 06:36 PM

Hi, 7 days into jabbing. Better start than last time as estrogen is higher. Are you booked in for a transfer this week ?

#43 Theia

Posted 28 May 2018 - 08:08 PM

That's great Blue Lavendar, when is your next blood test/scan? Hope that estrogen keeps climbing! Had my transfer today, lining stalled at 4mm same as always so not ideal but no worse than my last transfer.

#44 Blue Lavender

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:01 PM

Tomorrow morning first scan - has to be better than last time only one follicle. Good Luck Theia. Inspired by the Royal wedding, I have just started watching the Crown. I always think a good series is a good distraction from the process. I love it- I hope you have a way of keeping yourself distracted in the 2 www.

#45 Theia

Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:22 AM

How did your scan go Blue Lavendar? I've been pretty busy at work which helps keep me distracted. To be honest I already feel convinced that this cycle hasn't worked, haven't had any of the symptoms I had last cycle, not even tempted to poas which is unusual for me. I started testing 2dp5dt last time because I was pretty sure it had implanted (didn't get a second line til 5dp5dt though). The current plan is to test at 6dp5dt on sunday.

#46 Blue Lavender

Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:33 AM

Theia- thanks for asking. Better than last time I have 5 follicles I  only ever got 5 eggs at collection- so I guess thats the best I can hope for.

Yes thank goodness at time for work keeps you occupied at work. the 2 ww is really hell. As you are not having blood test very second day so don't know whats going on. Sunday is not far for you. Last time I did the test 6 days p 5dt so same and got my pick line.

#47 MamaNita

Posted 31 May 2018 - 12:53 PM

I'm still lurking and following you. :yes:

Blue Lavender - 5 follicles is good news. I too don't get many. Let's hope they keep growing nicely. :)

Theia - I have always been similar...I try to not test early and just keep busy. I figure either AF rocks up or not.

Not much is happening with me, just my nurses appointment next week. I have started my forms for early release of super, so have this appointment in 3 weeks also. I don't know how we all afford IVF. Sure is costly.

#48 Blue Lavender

Posted 01 June 2018 - 03:53 PM

Im booked in for EC on Wednesday. I have been told though that only likely will get 2 eggs. Oh well, if its meant to be its meant to be I guess.

#49 Blue Lavender

Posted 02 June 2018 - 01:28 PM

Good luck for tomorrow Theia

#50 Theia

Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:58 AM

Thanks BlueLavender, unfortunately a BFN for me, not even the hint of a shadow of a line. Heartbroken.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.