Over 40 and TTC with IVF/ICSI #29

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
115 replies to this topic

#51 Blue Lavender

Posted 03 June 2018 - 02:28 PM

I just checked in as I was thinking about you. I am so sorry. I really hope you are taking care of yourself today.

#52 Theia

Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:05 PM

I made sure I had some things planned for today where I would have to pretend to be my normal self, that worked til I got home then I had a good cry. Even though I was pretty sure it hadn't worked it still hurt to see the bfn.

Good luck for wednesday, I will be checking in for your results.

#53 nano2015

Posted 04 June 2018 - 03:53 PM

View PostTheia, on 03 June 2018 - 09:05 PM, said:

I made sure I had some things planned for today where I would have to pretend to be my normal self, that worked til I got home then I had a good cry. Even though I was pretty sure it hadn't worked it still hurt to see the bfn.

Good luck for wednesday, I will be checking in for your results.
I'm so sorry Theia.

I'm pretty much out of the game too I think. BFN yesterday at 6dp5dt - not even a squinter. This time last time I had a definite squinter there so I'm pretty sure I'm out.

#54 Blue Lavender

Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:33 PM

Hi Ladies. Sorry to hear nano 2015. Last time I got my squint 7dp5dt so that for me sets the tech mark. Theia- what are your next steps. You seem to produce some good embryos. After 6 rounds last time- I had two to be transferred. Nano- what is your plan now? I hope you are looking after yourself and treating yourself.

#55 Theia

Posted 05 June 2018 - 06:35 PM

Sorry to hear nano, this process sure does mess with your mind. What are next steps for you?

I'm having bloods tomorrow and then hoping to start another stim cycle plus we still have one pgs normal frozen. If all that fails we will potentially do one more stim cycle this year and then that will be it for us. Hard to wrap my mind around walking away without a take home baby after everything I've been through. Hooefully I don't have to face that decision.

Good luck with your collection tomorrow.

#56 Blue Lavender

Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:24 PM

Theia- you seem to have a lot of PGD tested embryos which is great. I mentioned before that I did 6 rounds when I was 37/38 and out of 14 embryos tested had only 2 for transfer. Is surrogacy something that you wouldn't consider? I often think of Sally Obermeder who had her second child by surrogacy. I know its extremely difficult here in Australia and I sincerely hope I am not bringing anything up which upsets you. I guess you would have to look overseas for a carrier given the laws here.

#57 Theia

Posted 06 June 2018 - 12:32 PM

Thinking of you blue lavendar, hope it went well today.

#58 Blue Lavender

Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:06 PM

Thank you. I had an egg collection Monday. I got 8 eggs- bit different to the 2 I was told to expect Friday. Anyway 4 have fertilised. They now have to make it to Saturday. I have in the past got between 1 to 4 make it to testing. Ideally I would like two to make it. I don't get a 3 day update- I found in the past it just stressed me out so I just get one at 5 days. I prefer to remain blissfully unaware until 5 days and assume all is well. There will of course be a drop off. Thank you for asking. How are you feeling???

#59 Theia

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:47 PM

That's a great haul Blue Lavendar, I was hoping you'd get more than 2 but didn't expect 8. Are you sore? Hope that the 4 fertilised are all hatching on saturday.

I'm ok, blood test today confirmed the bfn so now just focussing on the next cycle. Will be straight into a stim cycle but will not do a transfer this month unless by some miracle my lining is looking good.

#60 Blue Lavender

Posted 06 June 2018 - 07:22 PM

Thats great to her Theia- we just have to keep moving on. When I first started in 2015 I kept an article from the NY Times that had the title - Persistence in IVF pays off (or something like that) . It was persistence and resilience that gave me my son and is the case for countless other women. Last night I did have some bad stomach cramping but went away. One thing with IVF they waste no time the day after transfer debiting your credit card for the max amount. I have to spread across two cards! I eagerly wait the medicare refund. It is such a high bar for the embryo to make day 5 and the testing so I really hope I have one left. Otherwise I do feel its a waste.

#61 nano2015

Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:53 PM

View PostBlue Lavender, on 04 June 2018 - 07:33 PM, said:

Hi Ladies. Sorry to hear nano 2015. Last time I got my squint 7dp5dt so that for me sets the tech mark. Theia- what are your next steps. You seem to produce some good embryos. After 6 rounds last time- I had two to be transferred. Nano- what is your plan now? I hope you are looking after yourself and treating yourself.

Had my blood test today and confirmed BFN so I dealt with it with a coffee (first one in 2 weeks!) and sushi for lunch. I've stopped all my meds so I'm waiting for a bleed and we'll try another FET next cycle.

#62 nano2015

Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:54 PM

View PostBlue Lavender, on 06 June 2018 - 02:06 PM, said:

Thank you. I had an egg collection Monday. I got 8 eggs- bit different to the 2 I was told to expect Friday. Anyway 4 have fertilised. They now have to make it to Saturday. I have in the past got between 1 to 4 make it to testing. Ideally I would like two to make it. I don't get a 3 day update- I found in the past it just stressed me out so I just get one at 5 days. I prefer to remain blissfully unaware until 5 days and assume all is well. There will of course be a drop off. Thank you for asking. How are you feeling???
Those are good numbers Blue Lavender! Sending you good thoughts xx

#63 Blue Lavender

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:45 PM

So sorry to hear Nano.  I really would like to see some good news on this thread.

#64 Blue Lavender

Posted 09 June 2018 - 01:03 PM

Hi Ladies- not good news I'm afraid. No embryos are looking good at day 5, so I have been told unlikely to be good news tomorrow. I think we are coming to the end of the road. Will do another 2 stimulated cycles and then if nothing comes from that will call it quits. At least we gave it our best shot and it wasn't meant to be.

#65 Theia

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:43 PM

Sorry to hear that blue lavendar, hope you got some better news today. I'm in the same boat in that we will try 2 more stim cycles then call it quits. Would you consider transferring without pgs testing, for example with a day 3 embryo?

#66 Blue Lavender

Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:30 PM

Hi - I once asked whether we could test on 3 days and the answer was no. I have to do PGD testing as we are ruling out a genetic condition which is 50/50. But of the 14 embryos I tested in 2015/2016 only 3 didn't have it. So will start another stem in about 5 weeks. I think you will be starting soon- so we won't be stim buddies. Just moving on now.

#67 Theia

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:01 AM

Such a tough road for you Blue Lavendar, hoping you get better results next cycle. Has the fs suggested anything different for next cycle? I'm currently day 4 of my latest stim cycle, all going well collection will be end of next week. Hopefully I'll be doing a fet cycle the following month. Hoping july is a better month for us both.

#68 Blue Lavender

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:31 AM

I don't mind egg collection days- get to have a nice rest. Fingers crossed!!

#69 Blue Lavender

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:22 PM

how is everyone going? hope cycles are progressing well.

#70 Theia

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:12 PM

Nothing exciting to report here, day 5 of stims, scan on saturday to see what's growing.

#71 Blue Lavender

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:42 PM

The it is exciting- you are progressing in your cycle. I hope those follicles are growing well! Let us know how you go.

#72 Blue Lavender

Posted 16 June 2018 - 08:11 PM

Theia  hope your sat morning scan went well. How are you feeling?

#73 Theia

Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:19 AM

Hi blue lavendar, day 11 of stims here, growth has been quite uneven this cycle but currently looking at 7 follicles ranging from 9mm to 19mm, only 4 seem to be a decent size. Waiting on instructions to trigger, I expect collection will be thursday or friday. How are you travelling?

#74 Blue Lavender

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:39 PM

I'm pretty good- I guess I will start another stem cycle 3 weeks ago so not long. Nothing I can do to improve the outcome so I just carry on. 4 a decent size is pretty good. You respond well- so well done. A good start. I like it when the stim cycle comes to an end and Egg collection is a few days away. Its the waiting after that is not enjoyable.

#75 Theia

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:34 PM

Todays scan showed two follicles had raced ahead and not much growth in the others. Will be triggering tonight for collection on friday. I have to agree it's nice when the stims come to am end, and I'm looking forward to a nice rest on friday. The next 5 days are definitely some of the more stressful of the process.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.