10 year Old Girl Birthday Party Ideas

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 kimcam1971

Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:20 AM

Hi There,

My daughter will be 10 years old in another a few weeks and I need some ideas of what to do for her birthday. My daughter is only in a small class and I was thinking of her only inviting 5 friends. 3 of her classmates last year had their birthdays at the Local Ten Pin Bowling Alley.

I was thinking of going to a play centre for afternoon tea, or going to movies and afternoon tea or a pizza and movie afternoon.

Any suggestions would be good.

Kim

#2 ~Bob~

Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:29 AM

I would think they are ageing out of play centers at 10?

I like your movie and pizza idea.

At that age, we had pizza chefs come and the kids made their own pizzas, which were wood oven baked. We also did cup cake decorating. That party was a real hit.

I've also seen pamper days for 10 year olds at nail salons and high tea parties. Or a slumber party with a movie?

#3 TheFirstNoel

Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:30 AM

My DD recently went to a birthday party at San Churro. It was a hit!

For her 10th we had an art themed party, and this year (11th) we're doing a café/Alice movie. She did want to do a pirate themed orienteering party on our property, but we're not set up enough for that yet! Next year.

#4 Crazyhouseholdof6

Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:39 AM

I would've also thought a play centre might be too young for a 10 year old. Here's some ideas depending on where you are:
- movie date followed by sizzler or another venue
- ice skating
- sky zone
- bead party
- build a bear
- nail party at a salon
- plaster party where they make moulds and decorate
Good luck!

#5 Rachel70

Posted 05 June 2016 - 11:02 AM

My DD at around that age had a party at Lush. All the kids got a $20 voucher to spend at the end of the party. So I didn't have to do party bags etc.

#6 Charlie & Lola

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:44 PM

My daughter had an evening (5pm till 8pm) at home Disco Party for her 10th, I had an entertainer from Bop till you Drop.

For her 11th she wants a pamper party.

#7 BeAwesome

Posted 19 June 2016 - 04:17 PM

My DD is turning 8 and wants a disco party, catered with sushi, and a chocolate fountain.  She also wants a piñata.   I found play centre parties didn't go beyond Year 1.  

I think at that age something like ice skating or roller skating, a slightly 'grown up' restaurant (i.e. not too fancy, but not McDonalds), something related to an interest (places such as gymnastics or cheerleading do parties), pamper day.

If it's just a few friends - slumber party with an age appropriate movie and pizzas?

#8 Speckle Park

Posted 19 June 2016 - 04:37 PM

I'm planning the same party as you OP. We are close to a cinema so will get kids dropped off there. I'll hand out bags with pop-top water, mini-pringles and box of skittles, 3D glasses and we'll watch the BFG. Then go to the food court for a sushi platter (pre-ordered), cake and lolly bags. Parents will pick up there.

#9 librarygeek

Posted 19 June 2016 - 04:49 PM

We just had about 12 kids to our place for 2 hours, lots of party games in the backyard - pass the parcel, musical chairs, bobs and statues, sack races, egg and spoon races, poison ball etc.  Fairy bread, nuggets, chips, cupcakes, etc.  They had a ball.

#10 BetteBoop

Posted 19 June 2016 - 05:07 PM

DD is turning 9.

I'm thinking of a high tea party at a local cafe followed by a sleepover with 2 or 3 friends.

#11 .Jerry.

Posted 19 June 2016 - 05:19 PM

I've seen lots of girls that age do a mini high tea at the cafe at nearby shopping centre.

I made DD's 10th all about me... ;)  Took her and her cousin to the coast for a stay in a sub-penthouse (low rate place though...).  Win-win.  I got to relax on the balcony and DD got to feel "grown up".
:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.